The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Jul 02, 2017

Thanks for your reply. You're probably right. Next year then I may stop paying my fee if this is still not resolved.

Mara F.

Last edited by maraf7 on Jul 02, 2017 01:43 PM

Jul 03, 2017

DON'T PAY MAINTENANCE unless and until you make and get the reservation dates you want..............that is if you want to stay at the manhattan club.

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Jul 03, 2017 11:02 AM

Jul 05, 2017

You have been deluded into believing that this is "PROPERTY" because there exists a deed, mortgage,maintenance fees, & property tax. This whole concept is a carefully designed farce. It's imaginary property.There is a YouTube video where an older salesman decribes his technique to 2 young beginning salesmen. He says "You flew here into town today, right? Can you afford to buy that airplane you came in on? No, you can't, right? That's why you shared the plane and the cost with 60 other travelers . When you go see a movie in the theater that movie cost 50 million dollars to make but you along with the other viewers only paid $12. each to see it.Well timeshare is the same thing. Look at this beautiful resort, how much did it take to build it millions? You bet! So you can enjoy it while splitting the cost with everyone else here.Then he laughs hysterically along with the trainees at all the times he has used these and similar lines on people over the years and says it works every time. You can tell by his charismatic personality that he thoroughly enjoyed what he has accomplished.It's all "smoke and mirrors" but very sophisticated.I'm surprised that timeshare hasn't run its course into going obsolete and extinct.

Gerard S.

Last edited by gerards23 on Jul 05, 2017 05:20 AM

Jul 05, 2017

You are absolutely right. I've learned my lesson. I can understand some aggressive selling tatics but to down right lie is another thing. But to my defense, I had a friend with me who already owned two timeshares (not at MC). She was asking questions on my behalf. I live near NYC and thought it would be great since I was already going to NYC for overnight stays a few times a year. Sometimes we used my friends timeshare exchange. Fast forward...I can never get a room. I HAD to book twelve months in advance, not eleven months and 3 weeks...12 months to the day. Any time after that there were no rooms available but plenty of rooms for the public. My friend never had a problem getting a room thru her timeshares. She was very surprised as well as other friends who have timeshares other than MC. One more thing...I see numerous people asking to be included in the lawsuit. There is no lawsiut, even though there had been posts of such..probably another scam. However, the New York State Attorney General's Office initiated an investigation into the Manhattan Club. As of right now, there is NO lawsiut. Do not send anyone money claiming to be a law office, etc. You (we) have been scammed once... Thanks and good luck to all of us involved in this nightmare...

Donna K.
Jul 06, 2017

Perhaps this blog should be changed to "Re: Manhattan Club Investigation". Maybe those who stumble upon RedWeek and use it as a guide or tool to stay up-to-date on the MC investigation will understand that it's not a lawsuit. BTW....I stopped paying my maintenance fees a year ago and I'm already close to $7K ahead of where I was 1 year ago.

Becky F
Jul 06, 2017

I'm wondering what happens to (possibly 14,000-18,000) purchasers'’ interests after an eventual end to this particular TMC vs NYS AG case or pending ones. In reading and participating in the various social media discussion platforms, it has become obvious that there are various legal/financial statuses into which the purchasers could be categorized. This categorization needs to be researched and defined as early as possible by some executive- or judicial-assigned entity to preserve potential remedies of final disposition of the purchasers' ownership post-case decision.

The purchaser-ownership issues will need to be adjudicated at some point. For example, some owners have fully paid, and are current on maintenance and taxes. Others have stopped paying maintenance and/or taxes. Some have attempted to create escrow accounts pending resolution of the case. Others have stopped paying mortgages and maintenance, and many other combinations and permutations of every major step and status in the end-to-end transaction of completing and recording a real estate transaction, at the NYC Department of Finance.

Even after this case is 'over', there is much to be done to figure out if there will be remedies for the interests of TMC purchasers who are not current on anything, and the interests of those who are current on everything... and others somewhere in-between those extremes.

Dennis C.

Last edited by dennisc283 on Jul 06, 2017 02:45 PM

Jul 06, 2017

dennisc283, your message makes complete sense. it will take much legal know-how to determine where we owners stand when this case (lawsuit/investigation/proceeding..........who knows?) is so-called "over" or has come to some sort of conclusion. it would be beneficial if the judge in adjudicating this case will include the fact that all of us owners have lost much of our financial interest due to our ownership at THE MANHATTAN CLUB: purchase price, lack of reservation use, exorbitant maintenance fees, et al.

the judge should take the above facts into consideration when making a final judgement concerning how owners will be financially compensated by this illicit and fraudulent operation starting with the MC presentation lies, the lack of reservation time, the over 350% rise in our maintenance fees over the years of ownership.

keep in touch

chris

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Jul 06, 2017 03:55 PM

Jul 07, 2017

I'm interested in joining the class action suit. John deHaan johnnyd5013@yahoo.com Thank you

John D.
Jul 10, 2017

I called today to find out how much junior suites were selling for (I've owned one for 15 years) only to be told that the sales offices has been closed for 3 years!! Yes, I have been disappointed by the lack of availability and the high cost of maintenance, but I have continued to pay the taxes and maintenance fees. Most years I have been able to "sell" my days to people through ebay or personal word of mouth and cover most of the costs of maintenance. I knew right after I bought that it was probably a bad idea. I just had a feeling. The first few years we very much enjoyed going down and staying over night for a few days in the city. We live about 90 miles away from Manhattan. However, since then, we have several family members who live in Manhattan or close by, and as we have gotten older we don't go down as often. I am interested in selling this time share. Does anyone have any idea how much people are getting (if anything) for their time shares?

I also wonder if it would be better for us to keep paying and wait until the AG settles this, but that could be never!

chrisv126 wrote:
dennisc283, your message makes complete sense. it will take much legal know-how to determine where we owners stand when this case (lawsuit/investigation/proceeding..........who knows?) is so-called "over" or has come to some sort of conclusion. it would be beneficial if the judge in adjudicating this case will include the fact that all of us owners have lost much of our financial interest due to our ownership at THE MANHATTAN CLUB: purchase price, lack of reservation use, exorbitant maintenance fees, et al.

the judge should take the above facts into consideration when making a final judgement concerning how owners will be financially compensated by this illicit and fraudulent operation starting with the MC presentation lies, the lack of reservation time, the over 350% rise in our maintenance fees over the years of ownership.

keep in touch

chris

Mary D.
Jul 10, 2017

maryd788 wrote:
I called today to find out how much junior suites were selling for (I've owned one for 15 years) only to be told that the sales offices has been closed for 3 years!! Yes, I have been disappointed by the lack of availability and the high cost of maintenance, but I have continued to pay the taxes and maintenance fees. Most years I have been able to "sell" my days to people through ebay or personal word of mouth and cover most of the costs of maintenance. I knew right after I bought that it was probably a bad idea. I just had a feeling. The first few years we very much enjoyed going down and staying over night for a few days in the city. We live about 90 miles away from Manhattan. However, since then, we have several family members who live in Manhattan or close by, and as we have gotten older we don't go down as often. I am interested in selling this time share. Does anyone have any idea how much people are getting (if anything) for their time shares?

I also wonder if it would be better for us to keep paying and wait until the AG settles this, but that could be never!

chrisv126 wrote:

keep in touch

chris

As far as selling them, pretty sure people literally can't give them away.

It looks like a few lucky people have managed to sublet certain weekends, although most go un-sold. (ebay, "Manhattan Club", check Completed Listings).

https://www.ebay.com/sch/Travel/3252/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=manhattan%20club&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Thomas M.

Last edited by thomasm832 on Jul 10, 2017 10:23 AM

Jul 10, 2017

We have been dutifully paying our maintenance fees. Is TMC reporting delinquencies to credit reporting agencies? That's the only reason we have been paying--new house coming up.

Deborah N.
Jul 10, 2017

I have owned since 2001 and am completely paid up and also unhappily pay m maintenance fees. I would like to join the Law Suit, such as it is, because I am very tired of the mess at TMC. I called the Manhattan AG and they ask whether I was calling about Trump? If they are dealing with Trump they should certainly know how to deal with TMC.

Marion A.
Jul 10, 2017

Thank you

Kevin O.

Last edited by kevin631 on Dec 18, 2018 05:48 AM

Jul 10, 2017

TO ALL WHO PAID OR INTEND TO PAY MAINTENANCE TO THE FRAUD/LIARS CLUB, AKA THE MANHATTAN CLUB:

UNLESS AND UNTIL YOU GET THE RESERVATION DATES YOU WANT (OR ARE INFORMED BY TMC THAT YOUR DATES WILL BE AVAILABLE) MY OPINION IS.....DO NOT PAY MAINTENANCE FEES UNLESS YOU INTEND TO USE OR SELL YOUR TIME. EICHNER IS DEPENDING ON YOUR MAINTENANCE FEES TO LINE HIS POCKETS AND THOSE OF HIS PARTNERS-IN-C....OF COURSE HE'LL USE YOUR UNPAID-FOR TIME TO RENT TMC ON THE VARIOUS ONLINE BOOKING SITES LIKE BOOKING.COM OR TRIPADVISOR.COM, BUT YOU WON'T BE HELPING TO PAY HIS LEGAL FEES WITH YOUR MAINTENANCE $$$$$. THIS IS MY OPINION, NOT LEGAL ADVICE; HOWEVER IT GIVES OWNERS FOOD FOR THOUGHT.

KEEP IN TOUCH.

CHRIS

kevin631 wrote:
I am curious whether the District Attorney's Office gave you any substantial information concerning the ongoing Manhattan club matter?

mariona17 wrote:
I have owned since 2001 and am completely paid up and also unhappily pay m maintenance fees. I would like to join the Law Suit, such as it is, because I am very tired of the mess at TMC. I called the Manhattan AG and they ask whether I was calling about Trump? If they are dealing with Trump they should certainly know how to deal with TMC.

Chris V.
Jul 12, 2017

Regarding the hearing scheduled for July 14, 2017 on the case NY AG vs Eichner/TMC, I just received information from the NY AG's office that the hearing is adjoined to Sept. 15, 2017 at 10am. Justice Eileen Rakower is replaced by Justice Melissa Crane. For those of you who are interested in attending that hearing, the location has also been changed. I will update you when I find out where Justice Crane holds her court.

Vivien S.
Jul 12, 2017

Somewhat puzzled on new date for the hearing; wasn't it fort 7/27? Now it's for 9/14; how often is the AG going to play this game? Who is AG working for, it doesn't appear to be for us. We will write to both AG and new judge; seems hopeless and definitely frustrating.

Linda J.
Jul 12, 2017

The original date was June 29, 2017...it keeps being postponed. Supposedly, one of the reasons is that "they" are negotiating ...the last I recall, we were informed, on the forum that Eichner is negotiating with the AG to be able to use funds from maintenance fees to help with his legal fees. So, unless I am naive, not up to date or misinformed...he is not currently allowed to use our fees for his needs. They also may be negotiating other issues. Judge Rakower did recommend that we, the owners, be included/considered in any settlement negotiations. Otherwise, the AG is going after Eichner for fraud and to collect fines for the State of NY. Lets hope this next Judge does her homework and is sympathetic to the owners and that we see some kind of reparations sooner than later.

lindaj505 wrote:
Somewhat puzzled on new date for the hearing; wasn't it fort 7/27? Now it's for 9/14; how often is the AG going to play this game? Who is AG working for, it doesn't appear to be for us. We will write to both AG and new judge; seems hopeless and definitely frustrating.

Dks
Jul 13, 2017

Is it now changed to 9/15 @ 10 am?

Linda J.
Jul 13, 2017

Yes, as of July 12, 2017, if they don't change the date again.

Vivien S.
Jul 20, 2017

sorry, but I do not seem to be able to read your message from one week ago , July 12, 2017 please advise how to open it. thank you BT

Brigitte T.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.