The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Feb 05, 2014

THIS FORUM, AS WELL AS THE SO-CALLED CLASS LAWSUIT, IS A WASTE OF TIME. WE OWNERS DESPERATELY NEED TO ENGAGE THE ASSISTANCE OF THE NEW YORK STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL.

Chris V.
Feb 05, 2014

If I remember correctly, the NY Attorney General has declined to become involved. A suggestion was made to contact the governor to have him put pressure on the AG.

Charles L.
Feb 05, 2014

I agree. I believe that there is no law suit and the sblau website is not a law firm. I think there are posts on here by shills. If there were a class action suit, every owner would be contacted, as that is the law and MC would have to supply the owners list. There must be a lawyer on this forum who could enlighten the group and get something going.

Fredi O.
Feb 05, 2014

Yes. Please send the information to me. I want to participate. theresarheitman@hotmail.com

theresah177 wrote:
Hello,

I am interested in this law suit as I am looking to sue MC myself. Can you help or direct me to an attorney? Thank you

theresarheitman@hotmail.com

alexc100 wrote:
Hi, ex-owners can still participate in the law suite. You just need to fill out the survey and send it to the law firm. If you are interested we'll send you a survey. For this purpose please provide your email address . EVERY PERSON IS VALUABLE !

Theresa H.
Feb 05, 2014

alexc100 wrote:
Hi, ex-owners can still participate in the law suite. You just need to fill out the survey and send it to the law firm. If you are interested we'll send you a survey. For this purpose please provide your email address . EVERY PERSON IS VALUABLE !

Please give me the name of the law firm and the phone number. I appreciate that. Thank you.

Fredi O.
Feb 06, 2014

THE MAYOR: EXCELLENT IDEA. THIS MAKES IT EVEN MORE LOCALIZED IN NEW YORK CITY ITSELF! LET'S DO IT NOW.

CHRIS.............AND, YES, I'M SHOUTING.......ALL CAPS!!!

charlesl116 wrote:
If I remember correctly, the NY Attorney General has declined to become involved. A suggestion was made to contact the governor to have him put pressure on the AG.

Chris V.
Feb 06, 2014

Manhattanclubowners Yahoo group suggested to write the individual letters and send emails to the Manhattan Club Board members this week. Then they plan to address the MC issues to the program "60 Minutes'. Everyone could do the same. The MC Board email addresses could be found at: http://www.tmcny.com/TSB.htm

If you'd like to join the Yahoo group, please sign in to the manhattanclubowners@yahoo.com. You have to be an owner to do that.

To theresah177 and fredio : as per my understanding, you posted the copied notice on MC Law Suite Survey. That notice referred to the previous Class Action. As you know, it was dismissed by the Judge. Why? - lack of the owners activities, lack of publicity. As for the positive results, MC added the Ownership pages on their website and disclosed the names on the Board!

The current Law Suite has not been qualified as a Class Action so far (thus the Owners' Survey cannot be requested ). But it was not dismissed. Please follow up the posts from irenes93. Let's pray for our Victory!

Fibo N.
Feb 13, 2014

What is the status of this lawsuit? Is there any movement?

Please send documentation of my entrance to the class action suit.

Thank you.

James G.
Feb 13, 2014

the status of the mc lawsuit appears to be static, dormant, nada...or we would have heard SOMETHING FROM THE ATTORNEYS. IT APPEARS THEY HAVE NO NEWS, WHICH ISN'T MOST LIKELY GOOD NEWS.

jamesg658 wrote:
What is the status of this lawsuit? Is there any movement?

Please send documentation of my entrance to the class action suit.

Thank you.

Chris V.
Feb 13, 2014

I'm interested. Please send survey to me AYOUNG1626@aol.com

Thanks, Anne

alexc100 wrote:
MC owners opened a lawsuite / class action in regards to the MC resrvations.

Everyone who is inerested to join the class action please contact me at alexcrystal22@gmail.com

You will be asked to fill out the Survey and send it or email the lawyer's office. It is urgent! Regards, Alex

Anne Y.
Feb 13, 2014

Alexc100 - tried to send you a message at the email address you posted above and was not able to complete. I'd like a survey so I can participate in any action against TMC - my email "drmur@verizon.net" . Also please provide any add'l info U have about this action. Thanks

David M.
Feb 13, 2014

One of the members questioned whether Blau was actually an attorney. We checked Martindale Hubble's rating and found Steven Bennett Blau rated AV (highest rating by his peers) - 1st practice area listed was "FLSA Collective Class Actions." He is a partner with Blau Lenard Law Group LLC and is located in Hunington, NY (Suffolk Co.)

Charles L.
Feb 14, 2014

Charles -- Thanks for checking his rating. That is good news. It appears the class action suit is making some progress. The court has agreed to accept the case. The NYS Attorney General is useless though.

John B.
Feb 14, 2014

Anne (AYOUNG1626@aol.com), are you re-posting the massage from Alex100. That message is one year old and corresponds to a different law suite. The current law suite has not been qualified a Class Action as per now, no surveys were requested.

Fibo N.
Feb 15, 2014

.............therefore, the lawsuit is not a lawsuit.............

Chris V.
Feb 18, 2014

@chrisv126 : sorry, I am not an attorney, I was just trying to clarify that the old post on survey request is not valid. Anyway, I believe the Owners can win!

Fibo N.
Feb 18, 2014

fibon wrote:
@chrisv126 : sorry, I am not an attorney, I was just trying to clarify that the old post on survey request is not valid. Anyway, I believe the Owners can win!

ok, let's be optimistic for a while. we'll see what develops, although the amount of my of optimism decreases as the days/weeks progress.

Chris V.
Feb 23, 2014

irenes93 wrote:
Hi Cliffray2,

The class action lawsuit is not a scam to the best of my knowledge. I have spoken to Attorney Blau about this case on two occasions. The court is allowing the case to continue. The Manhattan Club tried to get the case dismissed.

Regards,

If there is a "class action law suit against the Manhattan Club, why has the law firm not made attempted to contact owners to join the law suit? We have never been contacted but would gladly join if it is going forward with the suit. I've contacted the law firm that was mentioned in the blog. i hope it's legit! Rosemary

Rosemary G.
Feb 23, 2014

The court has accepted the case, as I understand it. That is the first step. Then, I believe, they have to define the class as it is a class action suit. Is the class made up of current owners, current owners and former owners? I believe that is the next step in the process. It is not quick by any means. And this is my best understanding of how it works. I suggest putting the question to a lawyer -- asking how the process works.

John B.
Feb 23, 2014

I emailed the attorney, Mr. Blau and was told they are going forward with a class action suit, but it only includes residents of NY. I asked him why and haven't received his reply yet.

Fredi O.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.