The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Mar 01, 2018

Can someone advise who to contact regarding the settlement progress - it would be someone from the Attorney's General's office or someone designated by his office.

Gail J.
Mar 01, 2018

tulipblossom wrote:
Can someone advise who to contact regarding the settlement progress - it would be someone from the Attorney's General's office or someone designated by his office.

I am writing Louis Solomon, the Asst. AG, who we were told to contact with any concerns or questions. 212 416 6047 (address on AG site)

I am going to ask where are we with the settlement terms that were outlined as follows below last August. Has there been any progress?

In addition to the $6.5 million restitution to eligible timeshare owners, the settlement requires:

The owners and operators to be barred from the timeshare industry The owners and operators will sell their stakes to a third-party purchaser and relinquish management control Remove all sponsor-appointed current officers and directors from their positions as members of the Board of the Timeshare Association. Eligible timeshare owners will be contacted by a Claims Administrator at a later date about disbursement of the restitution.

Dks
Mar 01, 2018

We would like to be included on future calls. Also, my husband and I will be contacting the atty at the email address provided. I spoke to Mr Solomon back in Nov 2017 and he was not helpful.

Jody C.
Mar 01, 2018

Sue, we are interested in joining the suit. At this point, we want out. In January we received an email from the accounting office in PA, asking for a credit card to charge the maintenance fee. I asked if ownership had changed and if MC had resumed buy-backs (for a pittance) and was told ‘no’ to both questions.

Jody C.
Mar 01, 2018

I emailed attorney and still waiting for question sheet

Mitch B.
Mar 01, 2018

Manhattan Club Death by 1,000 tiny cuts. Today I had my Small Claims hearing against O Park Central and Bruce Eichner. It costs me $20 to sue. The Small Claims court lawyer who reviewed the case said after reading the Attorney General's settlement there was nothing in the settlement that prevented me from filing a small claims action. The matter has been referred to the Judge. Winning I get only $5,000 this year but it is better than the $400 I might get in a couple of years. In court TMC had three lawyers and a court reporter versus me. But, I had the court lawyer. I urge every Manhattan Club owner to file a Small Claims action against the Manhattan. The case has been continued until Thursday, April 26, 2018 at 6pm at the Harlem Justice Center Small Claims Court, 170 E. 121st Street, New York, New York. If anyone wants to talk to me privately about the case call. I charge $200 to discuss. You don't have to talk to me. You can file your own action just by paying the $20 fee. I have put so much time into this TMC legal effort I can't spend any more time without compensation. I can tell you the details of what happened and what my strategy is.

Irene S.
Mar 01, 2018

Please read prior post from SueO. nobody will include anyone if the individual does not reach out to the Attorney Zimmerman. His email is listed a few days back.

George M.
Mar 01, 2018

I'd like to be included in the information. Sharon Farber sharonfarb@aol.com

Sharon F.
Mar 02, 2018

Time to step back and wait.

Kevin O.

Last edited by kevin631 on Mar 03, 2018 05:58 AM

Mar 02, 2018

Irenes93...BRAVO, BRAVO!!! This is EXACTLY what I was saying and got ridiculed by some wingnut. It costs you $20 and some time, and it costs them employing 3 lawyers and court personnel, and possibly $5000! YOU ROCK!!!! Please let us know how you did when you do go.

Sunilda J. S.

Last edited by sunildajs on Mar 03, 2018 09:00 AM

Mar 02, 2018

"$200 to discuss" ........i have a hard time with that one. in the past, you have been so altruistically helpful to all in this redweek forum. now, all of a sudden, you're charging for your learned expertise. perhaps a lesson from bob (who wrote such a well-researched and near-perfect letter to send to the NYSAG) who permitted us to literally copy his letter, or parts thereof (as suits our individual needs) is in order. sharing your expertise as learned from all of our complaints has been appreciated. charging for this expertise..............that's another (unfortunate) story.

irenes93 wrote:
Manhattan Club Death by 1,000 tiny cuts. Today I had my Small Claims hearing against O Park Central and Bruce Eichner. It costs me $20 to sue. The Small Claims court lawyer who reviewed the case said after reading the Attorney General's settlement there was nothing in the settlement that prevented me from filing a small claims action. The matter has been referred to the Judge. Winning I get only $5,000 this year but it is better than the $400 I might get in a couple of years. In court TMC had three lawyers and a court reporter versus me. But, I had the court lawyer. I urge every Manhattan Club owner to file a Small Claims action against the Manhattan. The case has been continued until Thursday, April 26, 2018 at 6pm at the Harlem Justice Center Small Claims Court, 170 E. 121st Street, New York, New York. If anyone wants to talk to me privately about the case call. I charge $200 to discuss. You don't have to talk to me. You can file your own action just by paying the $20 fee. I have put so much time into this TMC legal effort I can't spend any more time without compensation. I can tell you the details of what happened and what my strategy is.

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Mar 02, 2018 07:02 AM

Mar 02, 2018

irenes93 wrote:

Are you willing to answer one question without a $200 charge? and that is did you win an award of $5000 and did you collect that $5000? Winning is one thing, collecting another....

Dks
Mar 02, 2018

Good morning

Kevin O.

Last edited by kevin631 on Mar 06, 2018 05:54 AM

Mar 02, 2018

I must admit I am baffled too - I thought we would share our individual experiences and band together to prevail. Very unfortunate turn especially since it would not take that long to explain the strategy, strong points, etc. through a posting on this web site.

Gail J.
Mar 02, 2018

Very anxious to hear about the upcoming settlement details from the administrator that is assigned to this issue.

Kevin O.

Last edited by kevin631 on Mar 02, 2018 04:33 PM

Mar 03, 2018

read Irene's message as it already answers your questions...

John C.
Mar 03, 2018

Thank you Sue. I sent an E-mail to Mr. Zimmerman and received a reply within 24 hours. Exactly as you predicted, he said his firm will send a questionnaire within a week. Let's hope this goes somewhere.....

sueo79 wrote:
you should email Jean Marc Zimmerman at his email: JMZ@ZIMLLP.COM he will most likely send you a questionnaire to fill in within the next week or so.

Druie C.
Mar 03, 2018

Thank you Sue I also sent email to Mr. Zimmerman and got immediate response with a questionnaire coming. We decided we can't afford to pay these exhorbatent fees any longer and want out. We sure hope he can help.

Cookie L.
Mar 03, 2018

irenes93 wrote:

Irenes93...BRAVO, BRAVO!!! This is EXACTLY what I was saying and got ridiculed by some wingnut. It costs you $20 and some time, and it costs them employing 3 lawyers and court personnel, and possibly $5000! YOU ROCK!!!! Please let us know how you did when you do go.

Sunilda J. S.
Mar 03, 2018

chrisv126 wrote:
"$200 to discuss" ........i have a hard time with that one. in the past, you have been so altruistically helpful to all in this redweek forum. now, all of a sudden, you're charging for your learned expertise. perhaps a lesson from bob (who wrote such a well-researched and near-perfect letter to send to the NYSAG) who permitted us to literally copy his letter, or parts thereof (as suits our individual needs) is in order. sharing your expertise as learned from all of our complaints has been appreciated. charging for this expertise..............that's another (unfortunate) story.

irenes93 wrote:

Chris 126. It's really all self explanatory. You just google small claims court in you county. Go and inquire. Just a little time.

Sunilda J. S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.