The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

May 27, 2019

Hello Louise, your gentle rebuke to Chris was misplaced. He could have said “thank you.” Instead he has gone to full defensive mode. He is forever convinced of the accuracy and virtue of his position.

Many long time posters here still don’t understand the AG’s Settlement happened. Most new posters turn here for accurate information, not a free for all! I have learned the hard way that offering any information that contradicts the self appointed spokespeople makes you a target for partisans in this site’s never ending sniping. And any good information is quickly buried under a pile of “opinion.”

I welcome your evidence based comments.

Nathan Z.
May 27, 2019

Nathan Z I was a little concerned that the conversation was going to head back to page one so the whole 279 pages and all the topics covered could be rehashed all over again.

Louise A.

Last edited by louisea75 on May 28, 2019 07:25 AM

May 27, 2019

HaHa. I understand!

I don't know if Jeff Weir is still associated with RedWeek. Other than him. there is no moderator for this (or any RedWeek site)

I believe it would be helpful for Jeff to summarize and wrap up this thread. Perhaps JMZ would like to post a note as well. I'd certainly favor that. Anyone interested in revisiting or rereading past posts would be welcome to do so, but no new posts allowed. Instead, start a new thread, call it Manhattan Club Settlement (or whatever.) There is no need to drag around 279 pages of postings, most out of date, many inaccurate, many irrelevant, many hostile, etc., etc.

There is a settlement signed by both the MC sponsors and the New York State Attorney General being implemented slowly and imperfectly. There is also an attorney (JMZ) representing an unknown number of owners on an individual basis. Anyone with another issue of general interest should feel free to raise it. No one should be left out.

But can we please close the "Manhattan Club Lawsuit" to new comments with a direction to a new forum? The old thread has served its purpose. Current members need a forum through which to communicate productively regarding the future, without all the baggage of the past 8 years.

Nathan Z.
May 27, 2019

See the "report abuse" in the upper right hand corner? You can contact the powers that be at Redweek and make a request. I know others have and I agree it is time.

Sharon L.

Last edited by sharon177 on May 27, 2019 05:17 PM

May 27, 2019

Thank you Sharon.

I must admit to being a frequent poster myself, and have made no secret of my feelings although I try to back them up with facts. I would encourage additional owners in favor of ending this endless "Manhattan Club Lawsuit" thread and starting a new "Manhattan Club Settlement" thread, to contact RedWeek through the report abuse button above. It is non-public, internal to RedWeek, no one will accuse you of being a "plant," you can speak your mind (pro or con), and you might have some effect on the future usefulness of this site. If you feel you have been bullied, falsely accused or mocked, let them know! Perhaps RedWeek could even publish a guide to netiquette for its users?

Thank you everyone!

Nathan Z.

Last edited by nathanz2 on May 28, 2019 04:22 AM

May 28, 2019

RedWeek does monitor all the Forum pages on our website. Our policy is to allow free discussion unless a post contains foul or abusive language, advertising or promotion of services, or personal information about another person without their permission. On this particular thread, we find the need to step in at this point. The purpose of the Forum pages is to provide information which is helpful to timeshare owners. Personal attacks on others is certainly not helpful and has become tiresome to read. Please only add a post if you have pertinent information or questions relative to the Manhattan Club, and refrain from any post that belittles or speaks negatively of another member. In the future, any such post will be removed immediately. Thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation!

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
May 28, 2019

this is a clarification for those who have misinterpreted my words or intent in a few posts up from here................

my quote: "this is criminal and assumed legal (especially concerning TMC)............an oxymoron if i ever heard one."

the legal criminality wording was meant for TMC who initiated this giveback. it was not directed toward any owner who wished to take advantage of this offer. i offered an empathetic connection to their misfortune.

any comments that i have made in the past or those that i will make in the future are for the benefit of all TMC owners who have been adversely affected by their purchase of this TMC timeshare. my responding motives here are to help move our efforts toward dealing with all past and present unfair treatment and financial abuse directed to us by TMC and its current affiliates. that's it.... i hope we can all direct our effective efforts where they belong.......against TMC's wrongdoings.

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on May 28, 2019 06:01 PM

May 28, 2019

N EWS FLASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just called TMC to pay my rapidly increasing maintenance fee and taxes. While I had the Financial Services rep on the phone, I asked why TMC is not foreclosing on those who are not paying their maintenance fees. She told me that the AG would not permit them to do so. However, she also said that ban has recently been lifted and they are beginning foreclosure proceedings. She also said the non payers will now be reported to the credit reporting agencies.

I have a split week--7 days every two years. I pay my maintenance every two years and taxes every year. My maintenance and taxes in 2017 was $2772. My maintenance and taxes for 2019 is $3023. That is an increase of 9% over two years. I agree, that is a lot. I wonder how much lower that would be if everyone paid up.

Those of you who are involved with Zimmerman should ask him about not paying. If I remember correctly, many pages ago he posted that non payment is not a good idea.

William M.
May 28, 2019

Thank you RedWeek support!

Your points regarding respectful and helpful posting are well taken. Do you have any comment regarding the length of this forum? Might there be some value in making a "clean break" from the argumentative past?

Nathan Z.
May 28, 2019

I have a question for you, William. What do you think the reason was for the fees rising so much and so fast BEFORE many owners stopped paying? I'm asking sincerely...because I really want to know. Maybe I'm missing something. You keep blaming it on the non-paying owners but what was the reason for it THEN? (I'm sure the 6.5 million a year Eichner was skimming.. at the very least ..contributed to it) As I said in my previous post, I ..like many other owners ...stopped paying BECAUSE the fees were doubling, tripling, quadrupling ... and all the while paying, not being able to use our time there as owners.. and then seeing our rooms, our time being available to the general public. Your thoughts, please...

Debra L.
May 28, 2019

Its really too bad that this forum has become so polarized ..."those that continue to pay vs. those who don't,"... those who have joined the law suit vs those who haven't". Can't everyone just be respectful of the personal decisions that each one has made?

Debra L.
May 28, 2019

I agree, Nathan. This forum has been hijacked... far removed from its original purpose.... anything meaningful buried under page after page of verbose postings. I used to enjoy the exchange of information and ideas and now I find I often just get a headache reading it all. It seems that many people who used to post regularly here with useful information, thoughts and ideas have disappeared... and any newcomers who come in seem very confused about what this forum is all about and understandably so.

Debra L.
May 28, 2019

Hi Louise, Nathan, Sharon, William, et al,

I am one of the people who stopped posting when the site became too opinionated instead of resourceful, although I occasionally check in for any updates. I agree a new forum page is needed, so how about right now? Anyone truly interested and invested in offering valuable insights should not post here anymore, but go to a new forum, Manhattan Club Insights.

Best to all

Lena P.
May 28, 2019

Hi again,

Just realized it is not easy to start a new forum. However, there is already one with just 2 postings on "New Ownership of the Manhattan Club". I think that might be the best place to restart the discussions.

Lena P.
May 28, 2019

Thank you Debra!

Nathan Z.
May 28, 2019

The entire “Park Central” building- top to bottom: is scaffolded and draped in netting.on the 55th & 56th street & 7th Ave sides. Workmen are doing ‘something, but I can’t tell - perhaps pointing up brick & stone work. This adds to already complicated issues surrounding TMC and financial relationship with Park Central.

Dennis C.
May 28, 2019

This was posted on FB----Local law 11 requires that all bldgs in NYC over 6 stories must check each and every brick. And the netting must go up in order to protect the pedestrians and owners.

Louise A.

Last edited by louisea75 on May 28, 2019 02:27 PM

May 28, 2019

Hi Lena,

Thanks for the tip! For those who don't know how to get there, visit the Manhattan Club site on REDWEEK at the top of this page between "New York City" and "Discussion Forum." Next, scroll down to the forum links. Choose "New Ownership of the Manhattan Club" if you want to start or take part in a lower key environment with focus on useful information and civil conversation.

Nathan Z.

Last edited by nathanz2 on May 28, 2019 03:51 PM

May 29, 2019

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/05/bass-pro-shops-ends-relationship-with-bluegreen-vacations-unlimited/#axzz5pJLEygjL

Debra L.
May 29, 2019

Having trouble navigating there. Go to TMC site...or Redweek.com?

Debra L.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.