The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Sep 09, 2019

We are up-to-date on our fees but are not going to pay anymore. I called about the "give back program" and was told that ultimately everyone will get a letter. However, they are still working on 2014 and we put our name on in 2018. I am curious if those who have received the letter or legitimatize papers asked for them only before 2014 or earlier? Or is that another delaying tactic since we have been paid up (but not always able to use it)

Richard S.
Sep 09, 2019

I am very interested in the $100 buyback/giveback. Can you tell me how to signup?

Roger S.
Sep 09, 2019

You do NOT have to be current with your MF. As long as they are getting “bounty” from you every year there’s no incentive WHATSOEVER to offer you the buy-back (steal back) agreement. I finally received mine after 3 years of not paying and I DIDN’T HAVE TO ASK for the papers. They sent them to me out of blue. No previous phone calls or attempts to get me to pay.

Q=augustg4] Did you have to call to get the buy back? You said you were not current in your m/f. Someone said that you had to be current. Is this true, to your knowledge?

Becky F
Sep 09, 2019

deborahs528 wrote:
kevin631 wrote:
I believe regardless of weather an owner is eligible for a payment or not some type of correspondence should have been be sent to all owners concerning this settlement/issue.Had it not been for this Redweek site along with the Yahoo Manhattan Club page and the various news releases two years ago I would not have been aware of the Manhattan Club matter.Thank you to those who responded to my inquiry.

Hello. For those owners that are presently up-to-date on their maintenance fees I was wondering if any had received or was contacted about the second round of payments from the NYS settlement that was due in August. I did not receive any compensation last August nor have I ever received any correspondence concerning the settlement. Thank you.

I keep current with my fees. I got $52 last year have seen nothing this year.

Wow! $52? That sure incentivizes you to pay the thousands you probably pay every year.

Becky F
Sep 09, 2019

I am current with my fees and have never received any money from the NYS settlement.

Roger S.
Sep 09, 2019

Gail, I believe you are absolutely right on target with your comments.

tulipblossom wrote:
I seriously doubt that the M. Club was depositing rental revenue into the Manhattan Club HOA account. Remember, Eichner would take the position that he owned many of those units and that money was for the rental of his timeshares so the money belonged to him. I think we should make an inquiry of this to our non sponsored board members?? We need to know just where the rental monies go - who collects that income,- and who handles the rentals? Does one call up the Manhattan Club and try to rent a week there or a few days? In other words, does our staff there rent out the time?

Becky F
Sep 10, 2019

I stopped payments in 2014 & was told that I was among the first batch of folks to receive the deedback papers earlier this year in 2019. Papers were signed & notarized, sent back. I have since received my $100 check. I simply wanted out even at a loss. The reason for the long delay was the wait for completion of the NYS Attorney General's investigation during which no transactions were permitted by court order. The deedback was handled by "Timeshare Intervals" a division of TMC located in Wayne, NJ staffed by personell from the TMC financial services division of E Stoudsburg, PA. There probably is a long backlog list of similar-minded people looking to get out.

Gerard S.
Sep 10, 2019

What I don’t understand with all you owners who are willing to give back TMC for $100. I paid $22,000 upfront of my hard earned money and paid M/F for several years that I could not get time because of the fraudulent overselling of apparently 14,000 units that never existed. This is outright fraud to have oversold TMC and I feel I should be given back my full money of $22,000 for such fraudulent acts. Nothing less! What TMC did was wrong! And I am not OK with $100 for such fraud. This overselling of non existence units amounts to approx $308,000,000 (14,000 oversell x $22,000) in sales of units that didn’t exist. According to the AG findings this is why Eisner had all these different acct/companies he was Funneling our hard earned money into. I am NOT OK with this!!!

Sharon V.
Sep 10, 2019

I totally agree - Eichner should be behind bars. Agreeing to give back $6,000,000 as part of the settlement was peanuts to him!! He was getting that much every year in "consulting fees" that he charged to our homeowner's association. and he had to admit to the Judge that he had zero employees and provided no service to the M. C.

Gail J.
Sep 11, 2019

I'm on the buying back list since 2018, have paid my M/F up to 2017, but I'm current on my mortgage payment.

Julie Osikoya D.
Sep 11, 2019

I'm sure we all agree with you. If you have an alternative, please share

sharonv68 wrote:
What I don’t understand with all you owners who are willing to give back TMC for $100. I paid $22,000 upfront of my hard earned money and paid M/F for several years that I could not get time because of the fraudulent overselling of apparently 14,000 units that never existed. This is outright fraud to have oversold TMC and I feel I should be given back my full money of $22,000 for such fraudulent acts. Nothing less! What TMC did was wrong! And I am not OK with $100 for such fraud. This overselling of non existence units amounts to approx $308,000,000 (14,000 oversell x $22,000) in sales of units that didn’t exist. According to the AG findings this is why Eisner had all these different acct/companies he was Funneling our hard earned money into. I am NOT OK with this!!!

Dennis C.
Sep 11, 2019

Augie...and anyone else interested.

This is contact person for the "buyout". Christine M. Stile The Manhattan Club 112 North Courtland Street East Stroudsburg, Pa. 18301 T:212-453-8128 F:212-453-8320 E:ChrisA2@tmcny.com

History: I received email Nov 2018 offering option of $100 "buyout". As I have stated, our loss was not nearly as great as many other members, so the buyout was a viable option for us. All obligations to TMC will be removed and we can move on from this disaster. I received documentation August 2019, signed it, notarized it, and sent it in the paid Fed Ex envelope provided. It was sent to a title company in NJ for processing. Christine said there are many, many of them to be processed and could not provide a turnaround time. Also, you cannot contact the title company as Christine is the point person for these transactions. She was very helpful and offered that we could follow up with her at any time.

Again, our loss was minimal by comparison to some of you. This entire debacle is extremely disappointing, to say the very least. Whatever choices any of you make are personal and what is best for you and your situation. After years of following the developments, accounts, opinions, and possible outcomes, we decided we NEEDED to MOVE ON. When my $100 arrives I'm going to treat myself to a nice bottle of whiskey.

augustg4 wrote:
Hi Paul, I saw your post and wondering how you went about getting the paperwork to get out. I am getting to old to go in and the maintenance is way to high. Anything you can tell me would be appreciated. Thanks Augie

Paul D.
Sep 11, 2019

How can we...and why should we..be held to a fraudulent contract? THEY voided the contract by their fraudulent misrepresentation...from Day1

Debra L.
Sep 11, 2019

I gave back my timeshare in June 2014.I have been fighting with them to get my final paperwork and $100. I am current in my fees with another timeshare. I was no longer charged fees for the buy back but the paperwork was signed and notarized and sent back to them. I have also not received the $100 due to the excuse you shared, that they are still working out the details with the AG. Thats a crock! I contacted Louis Solomon recently who said the investigation ended 2 years ago and it is TMC responsibility to have seen this buy back through way before now.

I have contacted Lynne O'Donnell, who had to send my request to the Corporate Offices??...a delaying tactic in my opinion. She questioned whether I would get the $100? What I would like to know is if you got any final paperwork of your own to show that the buy back went through. Good that you at least got the $100.

gerards23 wrote:
I stopped payments in 2014 & was told that I was among the first batch of folks to receive the deedback papers earlier this year in 2019. Papers were signed & notarized, sent back. I have since received my $100 check. I simply wanted out even at a loss. The reason for the long delay was the wait for completion of the NYS Attorney General's investigation during which no transactions were permitted by court order. The deedback was handled by "Timeshare Intervals" a division of TMC located in Wayne, NJ staffed by personell from the TMC financial services division of E Stoudsburg, PA. There probably is a long backlog list of similar-minded people looking to get out.

Dks
Sep 17, 2019

I know a company that will take a manhattan club timeshare directly out of your name and into theirs.

You have no wait.

Robert E.
Sep 17, 2019

Details?

Lena P.
Sep 17, 2019

So, pray tell, what are the particulars? There are many of us that would be interested. Many thanks.

roberte682 wrote:
I know a company that will take a manhattan club timeshare directly out of your name and into theirs.

You have no wait.

Jamus32
Sep 17, 2019

And no fee?

Marion F.
Sep 18, 2019

Do tell Please

Julie Osikoya D.
Sep 18, 2019

We also gave back our time share I stopped paying them and we had our Atty get in touch with them. We received the $100. We are so happy we are done with them. Hope you all do what is best for you. Peace and God bless you all.

Gary S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.