The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Oct 17, 2019

Ron - we need you on the Board!!

Gail J.
Oct 18, 2019

hi:

no problem with ron as a board member...................BUT........................he would be a non-sponsored member WITH NO VOTE, just like the other 3 owner/board members...simply THERE, BUT WITH NO VOICE NOR VOTE.

tulipblossom wrote:
Ron - we need you on the Board!!

Chris V.
Oct 19, 2019

sidneyf6 wrote:
To all: My rational for refusing to transfer my delinquent ownership for $100 is the nagging idea that if TMC now suddenly is accellerating the attempt to repurchase our ownership stake in the real estate, it is because they see some real value in what many of us want to throw away for $100. I really think there is a fear that the management sees their control slipping and under pressure from the Zimmerman action. IF we regain meaningful control of this structure there is no question of its multi million dollar value. As individuals each of us made our own decision to invest in TMC and felt it was a reasonable deal. The only thing that has changed in this formula was the actions of the crooks that have milked TMC and us in numerous ways. As I see it giving your ownership away makes no sense and should any justice ultimatly prevail that $100 sale excludes you from a tremendous potential upside. I again call upon owners to hold firm, and join the Zimmerman suit as you may find yourself excluded from a potential verdict limited to class members. We have not seen any meaningful efforts from them in attempting to force our delinquent accounts to be paid, and that also seems strange. Are we really so timid to give away a valuable piece of NYC to the proven thieves who now act as our saviors. Hold firm... we may be closer to a resolution than you think.

Sidney F, I did not make a decision to buy into TMC....like some others, I inherited two timeshares. I have kept one and pay the fees, the other I gave back in June of 2014 because I could not afford to pay fees on two units. I have a hard enough time with one. I don't have the luxury financially of "holding firm". Nor do I want to pay more money, $1250 to Zimmerman who has stated that he may need to ask for even more money from the participants in his class action endeavor, in the future. I do not consider myself "timid" but rather practical and smart for giving back a unit that was assessed at $20,000, which in reality is worth nothing, and I have saved myself probably close to $15,000 in fees in the last five years. Unfortunately many decent, honest and smart people were defrauded and each of us has to do what is right for us and our individual situations... I enjoy my penthouse once a year, I am happy that I was able to get rid of the other unit, and not be saddled by those fees and was able to move forward in my life. It took 4 years for the first investigation...I am not willing to see what happens with Zimmerman. You made your decision and I have made mine. Neither is wrong.

Dks
Oct 19, 2019

The 10 million dollar bad debt is for the current year only.

Robert P.
Oct 20, 2019

Actually I seem to remember 11 million in the current budget for bad debt. 20 % of total budget of 55 million. Sad state of affairs. Goodness knows what it may be next year with so many recently deciding to not pay, but I don' t blame anyone for making that decision.

Dru M.
Oct 20, 2019

My latest questions are : when we continue to have this huge operating debt from year to year - how does TMC continue to operate? I'm assuming that the answer is "annual assessments are increased" - I don't think the money can be borrowed from a bank.

Is there anything revealed in the latest financial statement showing annual payments going to Eichner? Remember, at one time he was getting himself paid from our funds $6,000,000 annually for doing nothing.

Gail J.
Oct 24, 2019

Just found this forum. How do I join the Zimmerman suit?

Marsha D.
Oct 24, 2019

Who is the contact person for unit buy backs.

Carol P.
Oct 24, 2019

hello marshad61...

here's the info you need about joining attny zimmerman:

contact jean-marc zimmerman, esq. at the following email or phone:

JEAN-MARC ZIMMERMAN

JMZ@ZIMLLP.COM

TEL: (908) 768-6408

marshad61 wrote:

Chris V.
Oct 24, 2019

Fellow Owners, As more cheated Manhattan Club owners find their way onto this Redweek site, I think a repeat of one of my previous posts is warranted. Here it is…

Thousands of us have been cheated and scammed for years by an unscrupulous band of crooks lead by Ian Bruce Eichner. The NY Attorney General conducted a multi-million dollar, 3-year-long civil and criminal investigation into their illegal conduct and then settled with Eichner and his cronies as they admitted their criminal conduct. They were allowed to walk away SCOTT FREE by paying a token financial settlement, and by promising to stop breaking the law. To add insult to injury, the AG agreed that the restitution will only be paid to owners who, despite being defrauded for years by TMC, continued to pay maintenance fees to the criminal enterprise. And the AG didn’t want paying the financial settlement to be too burdensome for the crooks, so they get to spread out its payment over 3 years! The NY Attorney General’s undercover investigators have evidence of all the fraudulent sales tactics recorded on video. The crooks admitted to it all as a part of the settlement! What CRIMINAL punishment is being imposed? NOTHING! TMC’s obligation to timeshare owners was to make 7 days per year available to stay at TMC. Instead of making those days reasonably available, TMC engaged in an organized scheme to routinely tell us rooms were not available, even if they were. At the same time, TMC was, and still is, selling the same rooms for the same dates to the general public on the Internet for a daily rate that is half what we were paying in annual maintenance. Can anyone say, “RICO”? Despite paying my fees for 10 years, I have been routinely cheated out of the use of my timeshare while the Eichner family and a small circle of TMC insiders have enriched themselves at my expense. Again, based on evidence gathered by the AG, we have learned that, for years, Eichner has been personally skimming over 6 million dollars a year from TMC through a shell management company called Urban. This company had no employees and provided no services to the operation of the timeshare property, yet our timeshare corporation was paying them $6 million a year! I’m having a hard time understanding why everyone on this site is not cheering at the thought of finally having a lawyer who is willing to take on TMC on our behalf with each of us only being asked to contribute a $1250 retainer, half what we’ve been paying in fees EVERY YEAR. With the sale to BlueGreen, now is the time for us to take aggressive legal action and bring pressure to bear. Surrendering your unit back to the crooks for a lousy $100 is a joke. Please stop rationalizing over why you can’t, won’t, or shouldn’t take any steps to fight back. I want some justice, don’t you?! I want the people who cheated me to be held accountable, don’t you?! Don’t be left out of any future financial settlement by failing to join our legal effort. I urge all TMC owners to contact Jean-MarcZimmerman and ask him to represent you too. Zimmerman Law Group, 233 Watchung Fork, Westfield, NJ 07090, T: (908) 768-6408 F: (908) 935-0751, E: jmz@zimllp.com Bob Biello

Robert B.
Oct 24, 2019

robertb1802,

your comments and motion (urging) are hereby heartily seconded. it is hoped that they will be quickly and positively acted upon by all concerned TMC owners.

robertb1802 wrote:
Fellow Owners, As more cheated Manhattan Club owners find their way onto this Redweek site, I think a repeat of one of my previous posts is warranted. Here it is…

Thousands of us have been cheated and scammed for years by an unscrupulous band of crooks lead by Ian Bruce Eichner. The NY Attorney General conducted a multi-million dollar, 3-year-long civil and criminal investigation into their illegal conduct and then settled with Eichner and his cronies as they admitted their criminal conduct. They were allowed to walk away SCOTT FREE by paying a token financial settlement, and by promising to stop breaking the law. To add insult to injury, the AG agreed that the restitution will only be paid to owners who, despite being defrauded for years by TMC, continued to pay maintenance fees to the criminal enterprise. And the AG didn’t want paying the financial settlement to be too burdensome for the crooks, so they get to spread out its payment over 3 years! The NY Attorney General’s undercover investigators have evidence of all the fraudulent sales tactics recorded on video. The crooks admitted to it all as a part of the settlement! What CRIMINAL punishment is being imposed? NOTHING! TMC’s obligation to timeshare owners was to make 7 days per year available to stay at TMC. Instead of making those days reasonably available, TMC engaged in an organized scheme to routinely tell us rooms were not available, even if they were. At the same time, TMC was, and still is, selling the same rooms for the same dates to the general public on the Internet for a daily rate that is half what we were paying in annual maintenance. Can anyone say, “RICO”? Despite paying my fees for 10 years, I have been routinely cheated out of the use of my timeshare while the Eichner family and a small circle of TMC insiders have enriched themselves at my expense. Again, based on evidence gathered by the AG, we have learned that, for years, Eichner has been personally skimming over 6 million dollars a year from TMC through a shell management company called Urban. This company had no employees and provided no services to the operation of the timeshare property, yet our timeshare corporation was paying them $6 million a year! I’m having a hard time understanding why everyone on this site is not cheering at the thought of finally having a lawyer who is willing to take on TMC on our behalf with each of us only being asked to contribute a $1250 retainer, half what we’ve been paying in fees EVERY YEAR. With the sale to BlueGreen, now is the time for us to take aggressive legal action and bring pressure to bear. Surrendering your unit back to the crooks for a lousy $100 is a joke. Please stop rationalizing over why you can’t, won’t, or shouldn’t take any steps to fight back. I want some justice, don’t you?! I want the people who cheated me to be held accountable, don’t you?! Don’t be left out of any future financial settlement by failing to join our legal effort. I urge all TMC owners to contact Jean-MarcZimmerman and ask him to represent you too. Zimmerman Law Group, 233 Watchung Fork, Westfield, NJ 07090, T: (908) 768-6408 F: (908) 935-0751, E: jmz@zimllp.com Bob Biello

Chris V.
Oct 25, 2019

TO Deborah and all others who choose to run to the exits. While we all have our particular stories and rationals about why we choose to keep paying the crooks, I cant understand why all of us cant accept the obvious fact that TMC is now actively buying our interest for $100. Ask yourself WHY now? Do you believe they are trying to help you or have they structured a plan to resell your ownership interest for. market value of perhaps 100 times the $100 you get by giving up. If you still are paying and want to keep ownership, thats your choice as well, but WHY are you not protecting your interest in the potential settlement proceeds should Zimmerman prevail, and you are not part of the group and get perhaps nothing. Is a one time retainer of $1250 such a big deal when matched to the losses of use, loss of investment, and yearly fees?

I may really piss many of you off but I bought my annual Jr suite for something like $28,000 , went home and saw countless offerings on line and used the right of recission to cancel the purchase and I bought the same deal for about $3800.. I was personally called and threatened but used ownership like everyone else until I stopped paying as I saw this scam blowing up. I now have received paperwork from TMC with $100 offer as well as "offer to clear my $10,000 dues arrears". While I have lost little compared to most, I have decided that "WE ARE BETTER THAN THAT" and should not let them win by giving them what they want. I today trashed their OFFER , and have previously sent $1250 to Zimmerman to represent ME!!!! YUP if he is successful I may actually come out ahead in this deal and those who have "invested so much more into this toilet will perhaps get nothing!!!

Now that i have told my story I may be trashed on line but I really havent seen any one presenting a rational for not joining in the effort to force justice. So unless someone wishes a specific response or information from me, I have had my say and will not repeat this same call to arms for the fifth time.

Frankly now is the time for EVERYONE who is unhappy to get on board with Zimmerman unless you are happy with this situation and prepared to get screwed a few times more. BY BY ya all- sid feldman

Sidney F.
Oct 27, 2019

We just received our check after giving back our unit.

Betsy B.
Oct 27, 2019

O come on now, you are just saying that because your mad your still stuck in it

Robert E.
Oct 27, 2019

Betsy B - We have received the package but have not yet signed and returned the package. Once you returned the information how long did it take them to return the final documents with the check?

betsyb11 wrote:
We just received our check after giving back our unit.

Troy B.

Last edited by troyb79 on Oct 31, 2019 01:25 PM

Oct 28, 2019

I’ve just received the Retention Agreement from the Zimmerman Law Group. It is so full of legal terminology I hesitate to sign it in fear that it is another financial commitment. I understand and accept the initial $1250 retention fee, but the contingency fees and other “legaleeze” are questionable to me. Can anyone explain it and assure me that we won’t be billed for thousands more in years to come?

chrisv126 wrote:
hello marshad61...

here's the info you need about joining attny zimmerman:

JEAN-MARC ZIMMERMAN

JMZ@ZIMLLP.COM

marshad61 wrote:

Marsha D.
Oct 28, 2019

hello marsha,

it would be in your best interest to contact attorney zimmerman about any questions you have concerning retaining him. he seems to be honest and above-board.

Chris V.
Oct 29, 2019

Marsha, I totally agree with Chris. I’ve spoken to Mr. Zimmerman several times and he’s very open and honest. I think once you speak to him personally you’ll feel completely comfortable in signing the agreement.

Becky F
Oct 30, 2019

Hello, My name is Nadine Brock. I am an owner at the Manhattan Club and I want to verify that my name is on the list for the class action lawsuit. I have stopped paying my mortgage and I owe about $1500.00 . Should I catch this up or wait for the results of the lawsuit. I understand that the NYAG will not allow the Club to foreclose. Please advise. Thank you Nadine F. Brock

alexc100 wrote:
MC owners opened a lawsuite / class action in regards to the MC resrvations.

Everyone who is inerested to join the class action please contact me at alexcrystal22@gmail.com

You will be asked to fill out the Survey and send it or email the lawyer's office. It is urgent! Regards, Alex

Nadine B.
Oct 30, 2019

hello nadine,

please consider joining attorney zimmerman's lawsuits prior to further actions with TMC.

zimmerman's contact information follows:

JEAN-MARC ZIMMERMAN

JMZ@ZIMLLP.COM

fyi, there is no class action lawsuit. the information about this is outdated.

nadineb54 wrote:
Hello, My name is Nadine Brock. I am an owner at the Manhattan Club and I want to verify that my name is on the list for the class action lawsuit. I have stopped paying my mortgage and I owe about $1500.00 . Should I catch this up or wait for the results of the lawsuit. I understand that the NYAG will not allow the Club to foreclose. Please advise. Thank you Nadine F. Brock

alexc100 wrote:
MC owners opened a lawsuite / class action in regards to the MC resrvations.

Everyone who is inerested to join the class action please contact me at alexcrystal22@gmail.com

You will be asked to fill out the Survey and send it or email the lawyer's office. It is urgent! Regards, Alex

Chris V.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.