The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Nov 08, 2019

All...I've been focused on other issues the last year. Can someone please tell me if any MHC owner has sold their share to a 3rd party in the last year? In other words, does a secondary market even exist? Can I assume there's no known market for our shares? At any price over the $100 deed back to the GP? Thank you. -M

Massie M.
Nov 08, 2019

Many many many people have stoped paying. The thought is why would TMC every change their behavior, buy back units ect. if people are paying on time. People have stoped paying. Then TMC does not get revenue. They buy back the shares and resell the unit.

J D.
Nov 08, 2019

Nadine; If you are in arrears on your mortgage and are in arrears on your annual maintenance, your status as an ‘owner’ is questionable. Check with a lawyer who’s not already involved in this case.

nadineb54 wrote:
Hello, My name is Nadine Brock. I am an owner at the Manhattan Club and I want to verify that my name is on the list for the class action lawsuit. I have stopped paying my mortgage and I owe about $1500.00 . Should I catch this up or wait for the results of the lawsuit. I understand that the NYAG will not allow the Club to foreclose. Please advise. Thank you Nadine F. Brock

alexc100 wrote:
MC owners opened a lawsuite / class action in regards to the MC resrvations.

Everyone who is inerested to join the class action please contact me at alexcrystal22@gmail.com

You will be asked to fill out the Survey and send it or email the lawyer's office. It is urgent! Regards, Alex

Dennis C.
Nov 09, 2019

Nadine,

Regardless if you are late on any payments you are still the owner. Period. Think of it like a house. You are still the owner of the house even if you are late on payments.

J D.
Nov 09, 2019

hello johnd2105,

regarding TMC ownership, you are correct in FACT. however, ownership at TMC is not a REALITY. owners ordinarily have a say in the operation of their property. TMC "owners" do not have that privilege. perhaps our litigation with the current attorneys could change that scenario. all owners should consider joining attorney zimmerman's lawsuits on our behalf.

johnd2105 wrote:
Nadine,

Regardless if you are late on any payments you are still the owner. Period. Think of it like a house. You are still the owner of the house even if you are late on payments.

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Nov 14, 2019 05:22 AM

Nov 10, 2019

Well, maybe technically an “owner”, but one cannot use the property or do anything else unless you’re “in good standing”. This was one of the conditions of the NYSAG ‘settlement’. Consult a lawyer about delinquency in real estate cases.

chrisv126 wrote:
hello johnd2105,

regarding ownership, you are correct in FACT. however, ownership at TMC is not a REALITY. owners ordinarily have a say in the operation of their property. TMC "owners" do not have that privilege. perhaps our litigation with the current attorneys could change that scenario. all owners should consider joining attorney zimmerman's lawsuits on our behalf.

johnd2105 wrote:
Nadine,

Dennis C.
Nov 13, 2019

I am presently sitting in the 26 th floor lounge. There are approximately 25 people-all seniors enjoying the cookies and coffee. Since the weather is extremely cold today I believe most people are choosing to stay in. The work on the outside of the building continues with half the building covered with the netting.The work began very early-7:15 am with was not welcome with the drilling,etc.I asked two individuals if they were aware of the situation occurring at the Manhattan Club-there was no interest in discussing this.Most of the discussion is concerning the impeachment hearings. My impression just from this group in the lounge and others that I have encountered since Monday is there are no concerns or awareness of what has transpired during the last several years. Strange and sad.

Kevin O.

Last edited by kevin631 on Nov 13, 2019 09:59 AM

Nov 13, 2019

Hi Kevin, I believe that thousands of “owners” have no idea of what’s transpired over the last five years. It is EXTREMELY strange and sad because that means that thousands of “owners” have simply ACCEPTED TMC’s operating practices rather than try to fight the lack of reservations to owners in good standing, the TOTALLY OUTRAGEOUS AND MOST EXPENSIVE MAINTENANCE FEES IN THE ENTIRE US, and criminal offenses perpetrated by Eichner et al. That is exactly why we need a mechanism that will allow those of us who DO KNOW about these crimes to inform those who don’t know in an effort to educate them so they can make a PERSONAL decision to remain involved with TMC. We are simply trying to level the playing field so that both sides can get what is fair and just.

kevin631 wrote:
I am presently sitting in the 26 th floor lounge. There are approximately 25 people-all seniors enjoying the cookies and coffee. Since the weather is extremely cold today I believe most people are choosing to stay in. The work on the outside of the building continues with half the building covered with the netting.The work began very early-7:15 am with was not welcome with the drilling,etc.I asked two individuals if they were aware of the situation occurring at the Manhattan Club-there was no interest in discussing this.Most of the discussion is concerning the impeachment hearings. My impression just from this group in the lounge and others that I have encountered since Monday is there are no concerns or awareness of what has transpired during the last several years. Strange and sad.

Becky F
Nov 13, 2019

What is the process for giving back a unit.

Carol P.
Nov 13, 2019

to carol p regarding giving back your unit(s).....RETHINK YOUR DECISION.

regarding becky f's today"s (newest) comments:

"Hi Kevin, I believe that thousands of “owners” have no idea of what’s transpired over the last five years. It is EXTREMELY strange and sad because that means that thousands of “owners” have simply ACCEPTED TMC’s operating practices rather than try to fight the lack of reservations to owners in good standing, the TOTALLY OUTRAGEOUS AND MOST EXPENSIVE MAINTENANCE FEES IN THE ENTIRE US, and criminal offenses perpetrated by Eichner et al. That is exactly why we need a mechanism that will allow those of us who DO KNOW about these crimes to inform those who don’t know in an effort to educate them so they can make a PERSONAL decision to remain involved with TMC. We are simply trying to level the playing field so that both sides can get what is fair and just."

.....all so true and well-composed.....

an appropriate addendum to becky's comments to consider: join attorney zimmerman's lawsuit in order to "level the playing field so that both sides can get what is fair and just."

contact jean-marc zimmerman, esq. at the following email or phone:

JEAN-MARC ZIMMERMAN

JMZ@ZIMLLP.COM

TEL: (908) 768-6408

for most, the cost to participate in this lawsuit is not prohibitive.....much less than the exponentially exorbitant maintenance fees.

PLEASE JOIN US FOR THE SAKE OF UNITY AND TO COMBAT TMC'S CONTINUING SHAMMING AND FRAUDULENT TREATMENT OF US OWNERS. SPREAD THE WORD !!

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Nov 13, 2019 02:15 PM

Nov 13, 2019

I wonder how many of those folks enjoying cookies in the 26th floor lounge are actually TMCNY members; many may have membership elsewhere and got to MC via RCI. But I agree there are probably many members who have not a clue as to what has transpired the last few years. Was there a court appearance re Zimmerman's suit last week?

Dru M.
Nov 14, 2019

hello drusillam2,

yes, there was a court hearing in the beginning of november. details are available via attorney jean-marc zimmerman.

" there are probably many members who have not a clue as to what has transpired the last few years" your quote, which is very accurate. we need to display a strong united legal force in order to combat the continuing fraud laid upon us by TMC when we first purchased in good faith.

drusillam2 wrote:
I wonder how many of those folks enjoying cookies in the 26th floor lounge are actually TMCNY members; many may have membership elsewhere and got to MC via RCI. But I agree there are probably many members who have not a clue as to what has transpired the last few years. Was there a court appearance re Zimmerman's suit last week?

Chris V.
Nov 14, 2019

We own three units in the Manhattan Club which we too would like to get rid of. Would you be kind enough to tell me how you went about turning in the unit and how much you received for it? We own a studio, a one bedroom and a penthouse-full flex.

Any help/advice you are willing to provide will be greatly appreciated.

Angela L.
Nov 14, 2019

Manhattan offer me $100 which is the notary cost. I did all the documents.

I believe you can call the Manhattan timeshare office and negotiate with them. Mostly you will get nothing.

I just do not want it anymore. Consider a stock market investment loose.

Gigi X.
Nov 14, 2019

I was fortunate to have a most enjoyable experiance at the Manhatten Club last nigh when I signed in I was told my room was ready I was upgraded to the penthouse.What a treasure there in the center of New York or other words the center of culture.

Christopher F.
Nov 14, 2019

Christopherf82 - Yes I enjoy TMC also. Just curious, "They upgraded you to a PH?". My understanding was that although there is such a mess with owners' rights & availability, etc. the PH's sold out pre-completion and were not being 'hotel' rented, nor available. Has this changed?

L C.

Last edited by lc121 on Nov 15, 2019 02:30 PM

Nov 14, 2019

instead of accepting 100 each for something you paid perhaps $75000 how about simply stop paying the thieves any more, send $1250 and become part of a real law suit with Atty Zimmerman who may turn this around IF you are represented by him.. If you give shares back and allow them to resell ---they win and you get $100 each total for 3 units is 300. If you dont join suit and we win a judgement you get nothing . Cant make it clearer than that I was set paperwork for my $100 by back , am currently $10,000 in arrears and have high hopes that Zimmerman may prevail . Would love to see angry owners stand up for themselves but all I see is people despirate for $100 byback, I hope you all enjoy the refund, i am playing poker for much bigger pot at end, sid

Sidney F.

Last edited by sidneyf6 on Nov 14, 2019 06:02 PM

Nov 15, 2019

Please let know on what terms you can write it off. Thank you. Bob

Bob M.
Nov 15, 2019

How do we get a hold of Atty. Zimmerman?

Bonnie S.
Nov 15, 2019

hello bonnies353

here's the info you need to join many of us who have entrusted attny zimmerman to combat TMC's continuation of fraud against TMC owners.

contact jean-marc zimmerman, esq. at the following email or phone:

JEAN-MARC ZIMMERMAN

JMZ@ZIMLLP.COM

TEL: (908) 768-6408

fyi, we are making fine headway, so far, in TMC legal pursuits with attorney jean-marc zimmerman.

bonnies353 wrote:
How do we get a hold of Atty. Zimmerman?

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Nov 16, 2019 02:33 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.