The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Nov 16, 2019

People don't want the hassle of a never-ending lawsuit which they may be required to pay additional fees down the road. We don't know what the attorney will do BUT I am on board with him. I would rather go that route than give in to TMC! So, don't be a 'give up' kinda person! Sign up with the attorney so we can all get back something from this corrupt organization!

Jim M.
Nov 16, 2019

jim, i agree and i am "on board" with attny zimmerman as well.

other parts of your statement are also true: the hassle, possible additional fees, no guarantee of results, et al. "I would rather go that route than give in to TMC!" that's my stance as well. financial issues for some owners perhaps prevent them from putting forth more $$$ and want to get rid of their TMC obligations. i'm not at that juncture yet, but there's a limit for all possibilities.

jimm857 wrote:
People don't want the hassle of a never-ending lawsuit which they may be required to pay additional fees down the road. We don't know what the attorney will do BUT I am on board with him. I would rather go that route than give in to TMC! So, don't be a 'give up' kinda person! Sign up with the attorney so we can all get back something from this corrupt organization!

Chris V.
Nov 17, 2019

Everybody should know and remember that the TMC as a company is very busy selling and morphing its (and returned/acquired) units & interests, and perhaps their existence into BLUEGREEN. So there’s no guarantee that they will continue to be a legally engage-able entity.

chrisv126 wrote:
jim, i agree and i am "on board" with attny zimmerman as well.

other parts of your statement are also true: the hassle, possible additional fees, no guarantee of results, et al. "I would rather go that route than give in to TMC!" that's my stance as well. financial issues for some owners perhaps prevent them from putting forth more $$$ and want to get rid of their TMC obligations. i'm not at that juncture yet, but there's a limit for all possibilities.

jimm857 wrote:

Dennis C.
Nov 17, 2019

Call the Business Office and ask for Lynne. Tell you you want to relinquish your ownership and she will add your name to a list. Eventually you’ll get documents that must be signed, notarized, and returned. Once the deed is recorded with NYC they send a check for $100 for each property. We were just glad to be out from under the outrageous maintenance.

Betsy B.
Nov 17, 2019

I am sure that all involved in the Zimmerman law suit just received notification from him advising of the progress that has recently been made in our litigation - very encouraging news.

Now about recent postings on this site regarding relinquishment of timeshare weeks - who ever is buying back these timeshares, is that entity paying the maintenance fees that were in arrears or what about the maintenance fees that are would now be due? Also, if these units are being rented, are we as owners having to pay for the rental depts. services? Does the front desk handle those rentals and if so where do the rental proceeds go? Into whose pocket???

Gail J.
Nov 17, 2019

aFTER READING ABOUT ZIMMERMANS PROGRESS I THINK WE ARE AT A POINT THAT THOSE WHO BUY INTO HIS LEGAL ACTION FOR $1250 HAVE A GREAT CHANCE OF RECOUPING SOME REAL VALUE FROM THEIR LOST $25,000 OR MORE PURCHASE. THOSE STILL LOOKING TO JUMP SHIP FOR $100 NEED TO WONDER WHY TMC IS SO ANXIOUS TO BUY BACK DEEDS. PRETTY SURE THEY EXPECT TO SELL YOUR LOSS AT A REAL GAIN. STOP THIS ENDLESS CONVERSATION AND LET ZIMMERMAN HAVE OUR BACKING AND FIGT THIS BATTLE. i HAVE BET ON WORSE ODDS BUT THINK ANYONE "SELLING THEIR INTEREST FOR $100 IS FRANKLY NOT THINKING. i ALSO i WONDER WHY ANYONE SHOULD CONTINUE TO PAY ANY FEES TO THEM AS THEY ARE ABLE TO FUND THIS SCHEME BY RENTING OUR ROOMS.

Sidney F.
Nov 18, 2019

I am sure there are previous posts from Mr. Zimmerman. But I do not see any. Mr. Zimmerman, if you read this, or if someone who is has paid Mr. Zimmerman, please post in this TMC chat log what the status of the legal action you have completed at this point. And what the next steps are in your case if that is possible.

J D.
Nov 18, 2019

What Zimmerman progress? Can you please copy paste what you read?

J D.
Nov 18, 2019

I would join the lawsuit, but no one contact me since I have been in this site for 6 years.

I remembered I was response once, but no one follow up.

Just want to take responsibility off for get nothing.

Gigi X.
Nov 18, 2019

J.D. There is a search bar at the top of the Redweek page. Just type Jean-Marc Zimmerman as the search item and search the forums for his name. You'll see dozens of postings from him and about him. He is representing a growing number of us defrauded TMC owners against the crooks operating the company. I encourage everyone who wants some measure of justice to join our effort and ask Jean-Marc to represent you too. You can sign on for a $1250 retainer, less than half the annual maintenance I was paying EACH YEAR to the crooks before I got smart and stopped paying.

Robert B.
Nov 18, 2019

By what method are you going to claim a write-off ? thank you bob

Bob M.
Nov 18, 2019

hello gigi x

contact jean-marc zimmerman, esq. at the following email or phone:

JEAN-MARC ZIMMERMAN

JMZ@ZIMLLP.COM

TEL: (908) 768-6408

jean-marc will give you all the information you need to become part of the lawsuit/litigation to combat the fraud by TMC.

gigix wrote:
I would join the lawsuit, but no one contact me since I have been in this site for 6 years.

I remembered I was response once, but no one follow up.

Just want to take responsibility off for get nothing.

Chris V.
Nov 18, 2019

HELLO john d.

contact our attorney, jean-marc (see contact information below) zimmerman to get first-hand knowledge of the legal progress he's making.

JEAN-MARC ZIMMERMAN

JMZ@ZIMLLP.COM

johnd2105 wrote:

Chris V.
Nov 18, 2019

hello jd,

get first-hand information from our attorney, jean-marc zimmerman........note below:

JEAN-MARC ZIMMERMAN

JMZ@ZIMLLP.COM

johnd2105 wrote:

Chris V.
Nov 18, 2019

I recently received an email from Mr. Zimmerman with an update on the progress he has made. If you have paid your retainer and given Mr. Zimmerman your email address, I feel sure he will provide you with updates.

Gail J.
Nov 18, 2019

to ALL TMC OWNERS who want to join attorney zimmerman's lawsuit/litigation to combat fraud begun and continuing by TMC from time of purchase to the present...or who want to learn about the progress of lawsuits/litigation, contact attorney zimmerman. find out more precisely about the litigation from the attorney himself rather than the interpretation of the suits from second or third-hand information.

JEAN-MARC ZIMMERMAN

JMZ@ZIMLLP.COM

jean-marc will give you all the information you need to become part of the lawsuit/litigation to combat the fraud by TMC.

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Nov 18, 2019 07:09 PM

Nov 18, 2019

greetings christopher f !!

there is no doubt that from many points of view, the manhattan club is an excellent nyc location, albeit in need of updating in some areas of housekeeping. if you aren't a maintenance-paying OWNER (unknown from your comments here) you might have gotten your reservation from a hotel website, e.g., tripadvisor.com, booking.com, et al. more often than not, the manhattan club TIMESHARE treats non-owners so much better than those owners who pay exorbitant maintenance fees. invariably many TMC owners have major difficulties getting desired reservation time, even trying to book months in advance. non-owners get reservations usually immediately upon request.

if you aren't a TMC owner look through the hundreds of pages of this forum to note the myriad complaints of a great number of owners and the litigation we have endured only to continue to be defrauded via exorbitant maintenance fees and other fraudulent issues. if you are a TMC owner, perhaps you are one of the lucky ones who haven't experienced the frustrations and financial distress or are not concerned in regard to these issues.

christopherf82 wrote:
I was fortunate to have a most enjoyable experiance at the Manhatten Club last nigh when I signed in I was told my room was ready I was upgraded to the penthouse.What a treasure there in the center of New York or other words the center of culture.

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Nov 18, 2019 07:13 PM

Nov 20, 2019

Gigix

I am interested in turning in my 2 weeks and wanted to know:

-how long you waited until you received the paperwork to start the process?

Also, were you current on your maintenance? If not, did you have to pay all the arrears/outstanding maintenance to give back your shares or was the past due amount forgiven?

Thanks Tom

/

Thomas Y.
Nov 20, 2019

Thanks, How long did it take to get the paperwork? Were you current on maintenance, or did they Forgive any arrears?

Tom

Thomas Y.
Nov 20, 2019

Sid

Thanks for your posting, but if your goal is to just get out from under the "weight" of ever-increasing maintenance and your children don't want an NYC timeshare, why not consider the offer to walk away?

If TMC is willing to forgive your arrears of over $ 10,000 ( maybe I misunderstood), how is that not similar to getting paid $ 10,000? In a true third party sale, if possible, wouldn't you need to be current in your maintenance?

I get it, these are bad guys, and there is no shortage of stories on this 300-page blog, that make most of us sick, but what's the end game with Zimmerman suit? The potential financial gain of course, but then what of ownership and future maintenance? Will, they also tear up the agreements so we get a potential financial reward and off the hook. The legal system, as evidenced by the light touch with these guys by the NY AG, is difficult to handicap. It is also not quick nor inexpensive, the buy-in to the suit seems a fair price, but could easily go higher.

Curious to hear.

Tom

Thomas Y.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.