The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Nov 20, 2019

I do not remember how many weeks, but it was very short.

No, I do not have to pay any owned maintenance fee or taxes.

Gigi

Gigi X.
Nov 20, 2019

Forget third party sell. I tried twice third party sale. No one wanted. The only one is TMC sale company, they call everyday, said will help, after you sign contract and paid fee, no one contact you anymore.

Everytime I said no upfront fee, they will hand up the phone.

Gigi

Gigi X.
Nov 20, 2019

Can you please send the basic points of the update from Zimmerman?

J D.
Nov 20, 2019

dEAR TOM, Per your final question, the buy in to the Zimmerman representation is $1250 with no language regarding demands or obligations for any additional contrabutions from those who join in. In my mind any claw back of funds would firstly consider the members who have been represented. I and no one has a clue what would happen between settling and judging of funds for those in arrears and those current. I also understand that $1250 times everyone would be a very large sum and i hope this war chest will become formatable if owners wake up and join in. in conversations with him I am rather confident he expects to ultimatly win and his real payout would be a nice percentage of the recovery. I therefore feel $1250 is cheap to fight for recovery of what was once market value of $35,000 Further this backroom offers of $100 to let me off the hook for $10,000 in arrears makes me convinced that no matter what, they would rather have my clear deed today and I am convinced that if they want it, I sould not let them have my signature. That is my simple rational.... They see something bad comming and want to buy out owners now. so I am suggesting EVERYONE hold firm and if you want to put pressure on them..... starve them of funds until we have access to records and real board representation. Bank your points in RCI and go anywhere in the world and if NYC is your place.... go on line and rent your hotel room for 1/2 your cost now. Those worried about leaving this debt to your grandchildren is not credible . Now personally I refuse to give any ground to them, and feel the ultimate potential loss to me going foward is them possibly taking the property deed from me and not getting the $100..ha ha Until we have an accounting and real control. I respect your questions but ask you if you are part of the resistance with our lawyer and if not ....why not defend the choice you made years ago when purchasing this. Why would anyone even vaguely current sell for $100. something they purchased for $30,000. sid

Sidney F.
Nov 20, 2019

How close is Zimmerman getting to 5,000 members joining his suit?

Jane S.
Nov 22, 2019

The problem is no one is organize the lawsuit. I have paid more then $1250 to pay Ads for sail this Manhattan club. Hope you have not give up ones to hold on. It is possible the lawyer found some fight ground, so Manhattan club will take back now.

I am agree, it is not good idea to give up.

GigiX

Gigi X.
Nov 22, 2019

Gigi Whom did you contact at the Manhattan Club to turn in your weeks? I seem to be getting a run around. Also called Mr Zimmerman and was told he is NOT involved anymore??? Help!

Shirley A.
Nov 22, 2019

What? Zimmerman is not involved anymore?!!

Arlo Y.
Nov 22, 2019

I forget the name of the contract, but I remember when I received my maintenance bill, I called. And I said I want to give up this property. I believed the accounting transfered me to another department and registered my wish.

Then, 2 month ago I received an offer. Actually, the offer is just let you give the property for free.

You can try to call their accounting department to see what do they can help you. GigiX

Gigi X.
Nov 22, 2019

I just received 2 emails from Attorney Zimmerman - one was a progress report and the other one was about possibly bringing another cause of action. He never mentioned that he was no longer involved with our litigation. Who gave the info. that he was no longer involved with our case? Was it attorney Zimmerman, or a secretary, or another attorney at his office, etc?

Gail J.
Nov 23, 2019

I would caution those of you considering relinquishing your ownership in TMC in return for forgiveness of unpaid loan balances or maintenance arrears. IRS regulations require that those forgiven debts be reported AS INCOME ON YOUR TAX RETURN. Those tens of thousands of dollars you think are being forgiven by TMC will come back to haunt you when they issue you a 1099 Miscellaneous Income statement. That extra income has to be added to your TAXABLE INCOME for the year and you will owe income tax on it. And since you were not anticipating this extra income, you will have probably UNDERPAID your taxes during the year, so you will also OWE PENALTY AND INTEREST at tax reporting time. Check with your accountant.

Robert B.
Nov 23, 2019

I’m assuming it was a secretary. Very disturbing that she wouldn’t know!

tulipblossom wrote:
I just received 2 emails from Attorney Zimmerman - one was a progress report and the other one was about possibly bringing another cause of action. He never mentioned that he was no longer involved with our litigation. Who gave the info. that he was no longer involved with our case? Was it attorney Zimmerman, or a secretary, or another attorney at his office, etc?

Shirley A.
Nov 23, 2019

shirleya149 wrote:
Gigi Whom did you contact at the Manhattan Club to turn in your weeks? I seem to be getting a run around. Also called Mr Zimmerman and was told he is NOT involved anymore??? Help!

JUST CONTACTED MR. ZIMMERMAN AND HE CONFIRMED THAT IT IS NOT TRUE THAT HE IS NO LONGER INVOLVED.

Becky F
Nov 23, 2019

That means that Mr Zimmerman is still involved? A little difficult to understand when you write with double negatives in the same sentence.

Cliff&Chris T.
Nov 23, 2019

cliff,

the idea that zimmerman is NO LONGER INVOLVED in our lawsuit (s) is NOT true. the fact that zimmerman is STILL OUR ATTORNEY VS TMC .......IS true....as becky precisely noted.

cliff20 wrote:
That means that Mr Zimmerman is still involved? A little difficult to understand when you write with double negatives in the same sentence.

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Nov 23, 2019 05:03 PM

Nov 23, 2019

Cliff, you are absolutely correct. Not the best grammar but I wanted to clear up any confusion as soon as possible because this issue is extremely important to so many of us so I should have reviewed my post before sending it.

cliff20 wrote:

Becky F
Nov 23, 2019

Please just call Manhattan's sales office and tell them you want to give up your property.

GigiX

Gigi X.
Nov 25, 2019

I believe you are correct Robert. If the club issues 1099's it's a tax advantage to them, as well. It's my understanding that any uncollected debt could be treated in this fashion..

Joseph M.
Nov 25, 2019

This is a message I received from Zimmerman. Does not look like there has been much progress in over a year:

We are preparing a lawsuit to be brought on behalf of certain aggrieved TMC members that seeks a financial recovery from TMC, the Eichners (former Sponsor) and BlueGreen (current Sponsor) for their wrongful conduct. This includes recovering the money members spent to acquire their timeshare interests as well as reimbursement of the excessive portion of the maintenance fees they paid. .

J D.
Nov 25, 2019

Jean Zimmerman is still representing the MC owners. Last email received on 11/11/19 stated below. Please contact Jean Zimmerman at number below you want to be a part of this lawsuit.

Thank you Gary J Paccagnini PH owner since 2004

Good Morning,

The status conference in the Tucker case held on Wednesday, November 6, 2019 went very well.

The Court previously found in the decision it issued on September 19, 2019 that TMC failed to demonstrate that Mr. Tucker had an improper purpose either in 1) requesting the member list, or 2) in seeking to organize members for possible action by his counsel against TMC's management. To ensure that it has considered a complete record in deciding how to respond to Mr. Tucker's requests - including how any relief granted should be structured - the Court will allow TMC to depose Mr. Tucker to question him (including about his purpose in seeking the list) which will happen in the near future. However, this also gives Mr. Tucker the right to further investigate the bad intent and malfeasance by TMC's management.

The parties are scheduled to return to Court for a conference in January 2020 at which time more details as to a final resolution of Mr. Tucker's request should be available.

Thanks,

Jean-Marc Zimmerman Zimmerman Law Group 233 Watchung Fork Westfield, NJ 07090 T: (908) 768-6408 F: (908) 935-0751

beckyf76 wrote:
shirleya149 wrote:

JUST CONTACTED MR. ZIMMERMAN AND HE CONFIRMED THAT IT IS NOT TRUE THAT HE IS NO LONGER INVOLVED.

Gary P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.