The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Jan 17, 2020

I'll be there. Good luck!

Lpg G.
Jan 18, 2020

We just received a check for $173 from the State of New York Office of the Attorney General, signed by Louis M. Solomon, with the following letter content:

“In accordance with the Assurance of Discontinuation dated August 14, 2017, the New York State Office of the Attorney General is pleased to enclose your share of the second restitution payment from the settlement with The Manhattan Club and its Principals. This amount reflects payment for your pro rata share of all maintenance payments made in 2018.”

Ridiculous

PhyllisH
Jan 18, 2020

Don’t spend it all in one place! We all got duped by MC and I’m angry as hell and I’m not taking it anymore. I would not cash it and send it back with a letter that it’s unacceptable.All owners should be upset but no one has direction or knowledge on how to beat their deception. I’m hoping that John Zimmerman has the answers!!!

Gary J Paccagnini Penthouse Owner since 2004

phyllish107 wrote:
We just received a check for $173 from the State of New York Office of the Attorney General, signed by Louis M. Solomon, with the following letter content:

“In accordance with the Assurance of Discontinuation dated August 14, 2017, the New York State Office of the Attorney General is pleased to enclose your share of the second restitution payment from the settlement with The Manhattan Club and its Principals. This amount reflects payment for your pro rata share of all maintenance payments made in 2018.”

Ridiculous

Gary P.
Jan 18, 2020

Gary,

you are so right! the former nysag, schneiderman, made a "settlement" with his case vs TMC/EICHNER that is a ridiculous JOKE.

again, you're right: " no one has direction or knowledge on how to beat their deception. I’m hoping that John Zimmerman has the answers!!!" if you are part of jean-marc zimmerman's suit vs TMC/EICHNER (AND NOW PROBABLY BLUEGREEN) email him with you questions about direction and knowledge on how to overcome their deception. keep in mind, we're still being defrauded via the amount of maintenance fees we continue to pay. it should be substantially reduced.

garyp151 wrote:
Don’t spend it all in one place! We all got duped by MC and I’m angry as hell and I’m not taking it anymore. I would not cash it and send it back with a letter that it’s unacceptable.All owners should be upset but no one has direction or knowledge on how to beat their deception. I’m hoping that John Zimmerman has the answers!!!

phyllish107 wrote:

Ridiculous

Chris V.
Jan 18, 2020

Chris,

Are u paying your yearly maintenance?

I’m up to date with mine for the last 15 years and watched it grow from $900 to $3500. How ridiculous!! I get 7 floating days and u have to waste one night if u want a Saturday only!! Imagine what kind of hotel room u can get for $500 for a night. I’m trying to figure how to get out of this timeshare other than accepting $100 from Bluegreen and washing my hands from the worst investment of my life. I wish I could turn the clock back to 2004 when I bought this lousy investment and turn my back on all their promises that they delivered at the closing. I should have realized something was wrong when they charged the $42k on 3 of my credit cards and didn’t charge me the 2 1/2% the cards were charging the Manhattan Club. It wouldn’t be so bad if we could rent our time share out. I tried for 5 years and was able to rent 3 days @ $350 a night. Tried renting it by the week however if someone only wanted 5 days I would have to cancel the whole week and they couldn’t guarantee that those days would be available because of the waiting list. Also the maintenance fees that are not being paid is added to the maintenance fees that the active owners are paying to make up for the shortfall. I think I’ve said enough!!!

chrisv126 wrote:
Gary,

you are so right! the former nysag, schneiderman, made a "settlement" with his case vs TMC/EICHNER that is a ridiculous JOKE.

again, you're right: " no one has direction or knowledge on how to beat their deception. I’m hoping that John Zimmerman has the answers!!!" if you are part of jean-marc zimmerman's suit vs TMC/EICHNER (AND NOW PROBABLY BLUEGREEN) email him with you questions about direction and knowledge on how to overcome their deception. keep in mind, we're still being defrauded via the amount of maintenance fees we continue to pay. it should be substantially reduced.

garyp151 wrote:

phyllish107 wrote:

Ridiculous

Gary P.
Jan 18, 2020

Mine came in today for $73. My 2018 dues were about $2300. Not sure what it represents...but better in my pocket than theirs. I guess we just keep watching and fighting.

Pat C.
Jan 18, 2020

Pat , Are u really going to cash $73 dollars. By cashing it tells them that u have accepted the deal! Aren’t you a little upset about all this?

patc227 wrote:
Mine came in today for $73. My 2018 dues were about $2300. Not sure what it represents...but better in my pocket than theirs. I guess we just keep watching and fighting.

Hi

Gary P.
Jan 18, 2020

So let me understand this correctly. You don’t care what this represents but you’ll pay $2300 a year maintenance but accept $73 without questioning how they came to this payout!? Are u not a little upset about being taken advantage of?

patc227 wrote:

Gary P.
Jan 19, 2020

I've been following this thread for quite a while now, in the interest of my mother. At this point, she just wants to get out from under it. Taking 100 dollars for the joy of being free seems worth it to her - how are you guys getting this to happen?

I called them back at the start of last year and got put on a list to "give it back" but so far we haven't heard anything on the subject. It's possible that phone calls were missed though, so I'm trying to help get this matter closed. Any advice? I don't think she's interested in the legal pursuit, she just wants to be free of them and their bills.

Kit H.
Jan 19, 2020

I also rec'd the same letter with a check of $147

Julie Osikoya D.
Jan 19, 2020

Call again. Lynn O'Donnell.

Nada N.
Jan 20, 2020

We received a check as well - for $147.23 - agree that this is ridiculous! We had paid all maintenance fees up until last year but they will not be getting another dime! Hoping for a good outcome on 1/28 - unfortunately, we live in MD and just can't make it.

Deborah S.
Jan 21, 2020

i"m also residing in Maryland and received a check for $147.23 which is very ridiculous!

Julie Osikoya D.
Jan 21, 2020

the former nysag's (eric schneiderman) SETTLEMENT for the court case: nysag vs TMC/EICHNER, was a nonsensical joke. it seems the ag took an easy exit to pursue other cases or ventures. we must pursue genuine legal justice with a suit of our own. there is a suit pending headed by jean-marc zimmerman, esq. consider joining this new suit.

Chris V.
Jan 21, 2020

I also received a settlement check today. While I am not satisfied with the amount, for me there is some satisfaction that at least something was finally sent.

Kevin O.
Jan 21, 2020

cAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHY THEY FEEL GOOD WHEN THEY RECEIVE $147.23 PAYMENT TO GIVE UP THEIR $30,000 TIMESHARE ?? i PERSONALLY THINK JOINING THE zIMMERMAN ACTION IS A FAR BETTER INVESTMENT. HAVENT PAID MAINTANANCE FOR YEARS AND TOOK SMALL PORTION TO JOIN SUIT. MC STILL RECENTLY OFFERED TO BUY ME OUT THOUGH DEEP IN ARREARS. YET NOTHING TERRIBLE HAS BEFALLEN ME. LETS SEE IF ZIMMERMAN WILL HELP THOSE WHO JOINED IN. SID F

Sidney F.
Jan 21, 2020

I see many people are receiving compensation checks in the amt. of $147.23. Are these all for 7 nights/year shares in the Jr. Suites? or the 'Executive' 1 Bedrooms?

L C.
Jan 21, 2020

Phyllish 107, Several people have posted that they received checks of $147.23 this week. I'm guessing the amt. is varied by the number of days per week & unit size each bought. Is your ownership for the 'Executive' 1 bedroom & 7 nights/year ?

L C.
Jan 22, 2020

I just received a check from the State of New York AG office for $173. as "my share of the second restitution payment from the settlement with the Manhattan Club. Was there a first? The letter states "this amount reflects payment for your pro rata share of all maintenance payment made in 2018." What about all the other years I paid? Anyone else receiving similar letters or checks?

Robert P.
Jan 22, 2020

We also received a check for $173 as our "share of the second restitution payment from the settlement with The Manhattan Cub and its Principles. This amount reflects payment for your pro rata share of all maintenance payment made in 2018." We never received a previous payment. We did join the Zimmerman lawsuit.

Cheryl M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.