The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Jun 26, 2020

william,

you want the answer to the question. you have zimmerman's communication information (here in redweek.com). you're free to use it, then make your judgement here for us all.

williamm465 wrote:
I would appreciate it if you would ask him and tell us all.

chrisv126 wrote:
why not communicate with attny zimmerman prior to making this definitive judgement?

williamm465 wrote:
In this case, I'm sure no news is bad news.

Chris V.
Jul 01, 2020

I'm interested in joining a private site. I don't trust airing any information or concerns here. I was told TMC monitors this site.

pegc29 wrote:
yes. if someone can find a way to safely open a new private site I think many owners would be happy to join.

Melody P.
Jul 01, 2020

I was told you have to pay Mr. Zimmerman 1000,00 to be part of this lawsuit. If it's a class action lawsuit you shouldn't have to pay. Has he gotten access of all the owners? I'd think by law the TMC would have no option but to turn over all the names of the owners.to him. I don't want to pay anymore money. Close to 4000.00 for service fees is already robbery. Come April of 2021 I will not pay again. I cannot afford this anymore. In 2005 my fees were 899.00. How can I be billed close to 4000.00 now?

Melody P.
Jul 01, 2020

I was told you have to pay Mr. Zimmerman 1000,00 to be part of this lawsuit. If it's a class action lawsuit you shouldn't have to pay. Has he gotten access of all the owners? I'd think by law the TMC would have no option but to turn over all the names of the owners.to him. I don't want to pay anymore money. Close to 4000.00 for service fees is already robbery. Come April of 2021 I will not pay again. I cannot afford this anymore. In 2005 my fees were 899.00. How can I be billed close to 4000.00 now?

chrisv126 wrote:
gerry,

consider consulting with a knowledgeable attorney about your issue. the following is the attorney i assume many redweek.com subscribers have used. of course, this would be your choice. if you are aware of other trusted attorneys familiar with timeshare operations, check with them.

Jean-Marc Zimmerman Zimmerman Law Group 233 Watchung Fork Westfield, NJ 07090... Telephone: (908) 768-6408 Fax: (908) 935-0751

E-MAIL JMZ@ZIMLLP.COM ​

there are no guarantees, but zimmerman appears to have gained more timeshare background information than other attorneys in this area of practice.

gerryc52 wrote:
Hi John, we are owners that live in Canada. We did not pay our fees last December. We received a letter stating that a late payment penalty of $600 was added to our past due account. We have not heard from TMC in over 3 months. I don t really know what to do with this. We just could not afford the fees anymore. Gerry

Melody P.
Jul 01, 2020

I will not pay the exorbitant fees next year. I'm done. The women in reservations had the gall to compare this pandemic to 9/11 when I canceled my March reservations. She also told me I couldnt extend my 3 days I hadn't used. So I reserved the 3 days for tbe end of April hoping for the best. Again we had to cancel. My year was now up. Then my husband got a call telling us TMCNY made a decision for owners with unused days. We can book a week though RCI anywhere in the world and we have 2 years to use it. I'm now very sorry we agreed to this as this is not want we wanted. I just wanted 3 days credit to be used within the next year. Has anyone else had this issue with the same resuts? Just curious.

henryd30 wrote:
I stopped paying 2 years ago, when this all started. To be told that this would affect your credit, was a scare tactic. Believe that if everyone sticks together, stops paying their fees, and stands to together, the only way they will have to concede is when the money stops coming in. We are the owners, to give up that right only lets them win, and that is not going to happen on my watch. For those who choose to still pay their fees, so be it, watch as time goes on, those fees will continue to rise and with the pandemic in full force, we cannot even use what we own. They need to be held accountable, and the only ones that can do it, IS THE OWNERS. I hope all the people who do not believe that, will find out in the long run. Good luck.

Melody P.
Jul 01, 2020

I made reservation for the end of February 2021 with no problems. Now I'm reading they are going into bankruptcy. How convenient as they'll get off the hook with the pandemic. Or maybe they felt this is time to declare bankruptcy because of the pandemic!

drusillam2 wrote:
Becky, I wondered as did you regarding a desired reservation in May 2021 and no availability. That would supposedly be impossible so something is very possibly in the wind regarding the demise of TMC. What happens then? Do we owners own the building with our deeded ownership? Wonder if Mr Z has some insight?

Melody P.
Jul 01, 2020

I saw TMCNY rooms on Groupon for 163.00 yesterday, 6/30/2020! This is robbery for us owners. If I dividend service fees by 7 I'm paying 571.00 per night. Thats just the service fee!!!

traceyk97 wrote:
Chris, I agree with you. We need to come together as a group. I have continued to pay my maintenance fees. I do now pay them on the last possible day. I do use my time but I am within driving distance of TMC. Initially it was very difficult to get a booking. It does completely aggravate me when I see non owners can get a room for $150-$250 when I’ve already paid for the “ownership” of time and the $300+ per night as the maintenance fee. I am willing to be part of this lawsuit. I am not willing to take $100 for my investment.

Melody P.

Last edited by melodyp46 on Jul 03, 2020 07:51 PM

Jul 01, 2020

Melody, Where did you read TMC is filing for bankruptcy?

Lena P.
Jul 01, 2020

Are you an owner or the woman who takes reservations? Her name is Lena

lenap3 wrote:
Melody, Where did you read TMC is filing for bankruptcy?

Melody P.
Jul 01, 2020

I would also be interested in knowing further details concerning the Manhattan Club bankruptcy. I was not able to find any notification of this on the internet. BlueGreen still lists the Manhattan Club as one of their resorts.

Kevin O.
Jul 01, 2020

I am an owner for 20 years. I too have seen my maintenance fees skyrocket from just $500 every 2 years to now $1200 every year.

Lena P.
Jul 01, 2020

does any owner know what is happening here; e.g., who owns TMC; are TMC maintenance fees charges legitimate, per contract:, is the contract still in effect or breached by TMC (per the former new york state attorney general, schneiderman lawsuit?)

these questions need definitive answering before we make further moves regarding these matters.

we are now being hounded with phone calls and emails regarding maintenance fees, deeding back to TMC. TMC is in a major financial bind, and they are pressuring owners to pay back maintenance. they will fail miserably if we don't. BUT THEY DON'T GIVE THE VALUE OF WHAT WE'RE PAYING FOR. they are now in the position of bargaining with us regarding the price (for current nyc city real estate value) for our initial purchase price, plus current market value of our purchase price, much more than we were bilked out purchasing at the time. keep in mind the current outlandishly exorbitant maintenance fees: remember when we were told by the sales dept that purchase of TMC was an investment that would increase in a short time and would be available for sales very soon from the time of purchase by TMC? additionally, as lied by the sales dept, our maintenance fees would, in fact, increase "slightly from year to year". currently, it's up over 500% since the time of purchase. that doesn't measure up to "SLIGHTLY......"

it's unnecessary to go beyond these frauds. let's stop this stuff in its tracts now. BECOME PROACTIVE.

so many of can't now financially manage these frauds and lies. we need to act now to prevent these issues from becoming worse and losing more of our financial equity.

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Jul 02, 2020 04:43 PM

Jul 01, 2020

Well Lena, I pay just shy of $4000.00 a year for my penthouse. What size room do you own at only 1200.00 per year. And if you go to page 320 I believe that's where bankruptcy is mentioned.

lenap3 wrote:
I am an owner for 20 years. I too have seen my maintenance fees skyrocket from just $500 every 2 years to now $1200 every year.

Melody P.
Jul 01, 2020

I believe I saw it on pg 320 of Manhattan Club lawsuit.

kevin631 wrote:
I would also be interested in knowing further details concerning the Manhattan Club bankruptcy. I was not able to find any notification of this on the internet. BlueGreen still lists the Manhattan Club as one of their resorts.

Melody P.

Last edited by melodyp46 on Jul 01, 2020 03:09 PM

Jul 01, 2020

Chris, I agree with you 100%, but I wont pay another 1000.00 to retain Zimmerman on a class action lawsuit. I can't give anymore money and I'm done with the service fees. I won't pay them next April.

chrisv126 wrote:
does any owner know what is happening here; e.g., who owns TMC; are TMC maintenance fees charges legitimate, per contract:, is the contract still in effect or breached by TMC (per the former new york state attorney general, schneiderman lawsuit?)

these questions need definitive answering before we make further moves regarding these matters.

we are now being hounded with phone calls and emails regarding maintenance fees, deeding back to TMC. TMC is in a major financial bind, and they are pressuring owners to pay back maintenance. they will fail miserably if we don't. BUT THEY DON'T GIVE THE VALUE OF WHAT WE'RE PAYING FOR. they are now in the position of bargaining with us regarding the price (for current nyc city real estate value) for our initial purchase price, plus current market value of our purchase price, much more than we were bilked out purchasing at the time. keep in mind the current outlandishly exorbitant maintenance fees: remember when we were told by the sales dept that purchase of TMC was an investment that would increase in a short time and would be available for sales very soon from the time of purchase by TMC? additionally, as lied by the sales dept, our maintenance fees would, in fact, increase "slightly from year to year". currently, it's up over 500% since the time of purchase. that doesn't measure up to "SLITHTHLY......"

it's unnecessary to go beyond these frauds. let's stop this stuff in its tracts now. BECOME PROACTIVE.

so many of can't now financially manage these frauds and lies. we need to act now to prevent these issues from becoming worse, and losing more of our financial equity.

Melody P.
Jul 02, 2020

Does Manhattan Club try to come after you if you don't pay the yearly due? Will they make you pay the unpaid fee from previous year if you want to book the room ? Any one has any experience, please share. Thank you.

Kim U.

Last edited by janeh314 on Jul 02, 2020 08:38 AM

Jul 02, 2020

“The Manhattan Club” is offering room rates of $176 per evening however “owners” are expected to pay almost $400 per night for junior executive suites. I will no longer be taken advantage of by this organization.

Kevin O.
Jul 02, 2020

Jane, You can't make new reservations if you are past due on the maintenance fees. It has always been that way. Yes they will try to collect the fees, but many have ignored them for years and years.

janeh314 wrote:
Does Manhattan Club try to come after you if you don't pay the yearly due? Will they make you pay the unpaid fee from previous year if you want to book the room ? Any one has any experience, please share. Thank you.

Louise A.
Jul 02, 2020

Thank you very much for the info. Have a nice 4th weekend!

Kim U.
Jul 02, 2020

Hello all, I am the one who mentioned bankruptcy HOWEVER I NEVER SAID TMC WAS DEFINITELY FILING BANKRUPTCY. I merely said “WHAT IF TMC FILES FOR BANKRUPTCY”. I have no knowledge of TMC filing bankruptcy or if there’s plans to do so in the future so please don’t worry about bankruptcy unless you HEAR IT DIRECTLY FROM TMC OR READ ABOUT IT.

Becky F

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.