The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Jul 07, 2020

Hi Peg, I am curious to know when and at what hotel site your sister visited that listed a TMC room for $149 for Christmas/New Year's week. We are week-52 owners and on occasions, we would rent another room at the TMC for family members for the same period of time. However, we have never seen any room prices as low as $149 and dependent on the day of the week it could range from $300-$550/nite. Thank you for your response.

Vivien S.
Jul 07, 2020

So the Manhattan Club Timeshare Association is one of the "business entities" that applied for, and has received money from the PPP (paycheck protection program) due to the COVID pandemic. They received between 2-5 million dollars for supporting 500 employees on 5/3/2020 according to the Washington Post article.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/business/sba-ppp-data/?itid=hp_hp-banner-main_database-1110a%3Ahomepage%2Fstory-ans

Larry C.
Jul 07, 2020

Please provide information on how to contact the attorney and what the fees are. thank you.

Christine B.

Last edited by phyl21 on Jul 07, 2020 05:36 PM

Jul 07, 2020

Viviens2,

I don't recall what year exactly, but it was at least 4 years ago. We have rooms on alternate years. I was on the phone arguing with TMC, because they had been unable to (again) accommodate us with various dates we wanted, and we were going to lose our time for the year. While I was on the line, my sister decided to look at online sites for another hotel in NYC that could accommodate us during that last week of the year. To our surprise, TMC popped right up at the top of the list with availability on this online site. When I mentioned it to TMC, they said the rooms available on the site had been blocked off from the available pool of rooms for owners. That's when we realized the depth of the scam we were dealing with.

Peg C.
Jul 08, 2020

Jacquelineh114. Thank you for the description of the MC during this covid19 Pandemic. I was wondering what it is like in the hotel. Since we haven't heard of what the MC is doing as far as safety measures, which really isn't a surprise. We're suppose to go in October for a few nights but not sure. No one knows if this virus will spike again (probably will). This makes it hard to plan anything. Also this mostly will be the last year of paying the crazy high fees. I feel the same as you about joining Zimmerman until I see something positive happening. I also thought class action lawsuits are for all owners. A court order would force the MC to turn a list over to the court. Time will tell. Stay safe everyone.

jacquelineh114 wrote:
My husband and I just checked in for three nights. We are penthouse owners and have been owners for 20 years.

It appears the hotel is almost empty right now. They took our temperature when we checked in and all employees are wearing masks. The 26 floor lounge is closed, and so is the gym. No one is permitted to sit in the lobby. The rooms look mostly the same, the remote controls are covered in plastic.

It is very interesting being in Manhattan right now. There are some restaurants open and many people are walking around. Virtually everyone is wearing masks.

In all likelihood, this is the last time I will be paying my maintenance fees. I cannot imagine paying what I am paying now to come to a hotel that has virtually no amenities.

I have had many good years at the Manhattan Club, and we never traded to go anywhere else. Our children begged us to keep it because they enjoyed it so much.

When the time is right, I will share my experiences in how we were conned into buying this investment, the lies we were told, the difficulties and getting reservations for so many years, the rip off maintenance fees.

I may consider joining the class action suit at some point, but not until I see that the lawsuit is moving forward. I am not willing to throw good money after bad right now.

Everyone has to make the decision for themselves. As for me, I don’t see any reason to just hand over the deed right now. There is always a possibility I will be offered a buyout. I am hoping my deed still has value in the future, even if I am in arrears on the maintenance fees.

Melody P.
Jul 08, 2020

gerryc52, it's interesting that you live in Canada, which by the way, is a beautiful country. When we bought in it was 2002. They told us then ownership was only for people who lived within commuting distance, which we are (metro NJ). We have used it for only 1 or 2 nights at a time. I guess the MC changed terms of ownership. Another change that's happened over the years or another convenient lie.

gerryc52 wrote:
Hello everyone, we are owners and stopped paying our fees in December 2019. We live in Canada, can we be partner this lawsuit and if so how should I proceed? Thank you. Gerry

Melody P.
Jul 08, 2020

all i can say is "WOW"

lawrencec108 wrote:
So the Manhattan Club Timeshare Association is one of the "business entities" that applied for, and has received money from the PPP (paycheck protection program) due to the COVID pandemic. They received between 2-5 million dollars for supporting 500 employees on 5/3/2020 according to the Washington Post article.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/business/sba-ppp-data/?itid=hp_hp-banner-main_database-1110a%3Ahomepage%2Fstory-ans

Melody P.
Jul 08, 2020

Could you please provide me with information regarding how to join the lawsuit. Thank you,

Christine B.

Last edited by phyl21 on Jul 08, 2020 10:19 PM

Jul 08, 2020

Please tell me how we can sign up for the Zimmerman lawsuit. For those who have stopped paying dues - what happens when you don't pay?

Theresa R.
Jul 08, 2020

Does TMC even have 500 employees left? This seems like fraud!

lawrencec108 wrote:

Becky F
Jul 08, 2020

Mr Zimmerman’s case is NOT A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT. Each client will be represented independently but the court will get an overwhelming amount of information from all the clients he represents as they will all be filed close to each other

Becky F
Jul 09, 2020

Anyone interested in joining our effort to end the fraud that is The Manhattan Club, please contact attorney Jean-Marc Zimmerman and ask him to represent you too.

Jean-Marc Zimmerman, Zimmerman Law Group 233 Watchung Fork Westfield, NJ 07090... Telephone: (908) 768-6408 Fax: (908) 935-0751

E-MAIL: jmz@tmcsuit.com

Bob Biello

Robert B.
Jul 09, 2020

They send threatening lettersa for months and eventually offered to buy me out for $100 and all is forgiven on both sides. I took it.

theresar147 wrote:
Please tell me how we can sign up for the Zimmerman lawsuit. For those who have stopped paying dues - what happens when you don't pay?

Bruce G.
Jul 09, 2020

Jean-Marc Zimmerman, Zimmerman Law Group 233 Watchung Fork Westfield, NJ 07090... Telephone: (908) 768-6408 Fax: (908) 935-0751

E-MAIL: jmz@tmcsuit.com

christineb548 wrote:
Could you please provide me with information regarding how to join the lawsuit. Thank you,

Chris V.
Jul 09, 2020

HI Bruce,

How long ago did they take your unit back for $100? How long did you stop paying before they offered that?

Thanks!

Kim U.

Last edited by janeh314 on Jul 09, 2020 09:36 AM

Jul 09, 2020

It would not surprise me if they were illegally diverting some of this money to their own pockets.

Larry C.
Jul 11, 2020

We are Canadian and bought in 1998. They aren't selective about who they are going to scam. I highly doubt that the income from renting out the rooms online is going to TMC owners and will lower the maintenance fees. It is likely going into the Eichner's bank account.

Louise A.
Jul 11, 2020

Louise - I think you are spot on - he still has his hands in the "till" !!! He scammed us all those years charging the HOA and getting paid $6,000,000 annually for "consulting" and had zero employees.

Gail J.
Jul 12, 2020

It is naïve to think that The Manhattan Club is offering low rates so owners will pay less in future maintenance fees. As we have witnessed in the past fees continued to rise every single year even when occupancy was high.

Kevin O.
Jul 13, 2020

I took the $ 100.00 as well. It took 11 months for the check to arrive after submitting the documents. I just wanted out; so I am pleased. FXM

Francis M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.