The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Jul 29, 2020

DKS~You should try looking at ACRIS. It is simple to do and altho our deed is still in our name, I have seen other owners on there whose deed has been transferred back to TMC.

Louise A.

Last edited by louisea75 on Jul 29, 2020 07:03 PM

Jul 30, 2020

Will do. Does one look up ACRIS NY?? Thank You

Dks
Jul 30, 2020

Thank you Louise, it was easy and I found the signed paperwork and have printed it out for my records. It is signed by Danielle Cipriano and in the Park Central name.??Be well!

Dks

Last edited by deborahs528 on Jul 30, 2020 08:40 AM

Aug 01, 2020

I need to vote for the non sponsored Board members and don't know anything about the 4 running - any ideas on who would be the best 3 to vote for?

Gail J.
Aug 01, 2020

I received a call yesterday from Scott Borelli, who is with a Florida (where else?) company called Timeshare Sales Team. I had contacted him more than a year ago about selling our MC timeshare when it became apparent that we were being badly ripped off by our so-called “leaders.” I told him I believed there was absolutely no market for our MC timeshares and he responded that, to the contrary, there was a very active market because the MC people could no longer directly engage in such sales due to their “embezzlement” activities. When I balked, he became rather rude and we disconnected. Does anyone know about these guys and whether there is any truth to his claim of a “very active resale market”? I have heard tales of people signing with these companies and making a not insignificant “upfront payment,” and then never hearing from them again! Any comment?

Dick H.
Aug 01, 2020

I would be very leery - I've gotten calls too. I'm sure if there was a very "active" resale market, we wouldn't be seeing ads by M.C. owners asking 0 dollars to buy their week.

Gail J.
Aug 01, 2020

Why don't every one of us stop paying our maintenance fees - what do you think could then happen? Barbara

Barbara D.
Aug 01, 2020

We own a 1 Bdrm and a Penthouse Suite. We have stopped paying our dues.

Besides, who wants to go back to NYC. Very sad ::(

Leslie T.
Aug 02, 2020

Has anyone been taken to the credit bureau for not paying...? Does anyone know the status with the sale that was supposed to happen?

B K.
Aug 02, 2020

they're bigger cheats, liars, frauds and scammers than TMC. every one i contacted demanded $$$$$ UPFRONT!! NOT A CHANCE FOR ME. DON'T FALL FOR their egregious offers. check which, how many, and cost for these companies in producing what they offer.

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Aug 02, 2020 01:27 PM

Aug 02, 2020

What sale are you referring to: I spoke to Jean-Marc Zimmerman, the attorney, I asked if the buy-backs were being made because the building would be sold. He told me he did not know anything about a sale of the building. He told me he is trying to get those participating in the lawsuit a refund of their purchase price and their maintenance fees. That would be great for all of us. We paid our dues every year 2005 - 2019. We have two "split" contracts 4 nights/3 nights. I called the TMC office and told them we could not pay the fees but felt it was right that we pay the real estate taxes due 2020. We waffled the last two years about not paying dues. When RCI sold to Wyndham and the portfolio of properties to choose from was less and not the same calibre (we were RCI Platinum members) , that clinched it for us. We could no longer justify the cost since we were not using RCI to book vacations.

Cecile W.
Aug 03, 2020

no one has even hinted that it is legal for TMC to ask to buy back our shares for $0 to 100. has this issue been studied for legalities?

Chris V.
Aug 20, 2020

I think that is a great idea. Since the beginning of the year we have no been able to get to use our time. Now that its time to pay maintenance fees for a new year we just lost 7 days. I asked if they could allow us to move days to the next year or maybe a few of the days. No. The only offer they got going is putting them into RCI but if you are not a member of their RCI you have to pay to join. 275.00. I am a member of RCI thru Wyndham but you cant use them. What a rip off

Diane E.
Aug 20, 2020

What the hell did we get ourselves into when we fell for the sales pitch and signed up with these “wonderful, kind people” from New York? Unbelievable that they won’t offer even a compromise in this year of the pandemic...and we thought we were joining a “classy” organization!!!

Dick H.
Aug 20, 2020

classless, unclassy, declassed, reclassed, nasty, mean money mongering pigs. ALL EVEN THOUGH THIS PANDEMIC IS STILL ALIVE. SO DISGUSTING,

Chris V.
Aug 20, 2020

My wife & I joined the Zimmerman lawsuit 16 months ago. I spoke to Zimmerman yesterday: the lawsuit will be filed within days. [Originally it was schedule to be filed by July, but the large number of Manhattan club members recently joining the lawsuit slowed things down.] Keep in mind, the individual cost of joining the lawsuit is just a fraction of our annual fee, but it offers a concrete possibility to get a reimbursement on our original purchase price. My wife and I had considered not paying our maintenance fee, but decided to pay it to give the Zimmerman lawsuit a chance to prove its merit. Since our purchase some 15 years ago, we have invested over $70,000 into this timeshare. Another year of the timeshare fee to preserve our standing in the lawsuit, and protect our standing for a possible court award, is a piddling investment compared to what we will otherwise lose. However, if the lawsuit goes nowhere - and we will know sooner rather than later - it may well be time to bail out of the Manhattan Club - cut the losses and get on with our lives. For us, should that decision be necessary, we find the idea of a coordinated move among members to stop paying the annual fees an attractive possibility. I would certainly urge this option among the substantial number of Manhattan Club members currently in the lawsuit, should that be necessary, and I would hope other dissatisfied Manhattan Club members who are not in the lawsuit would, nonetheless, reconsider joining the lawsuit and, if later justified, joining ranks with those litigant members in a united front to just say "no more" to the Manhattan Club management. A united front among dissatisfied members would send a powerful economic and political message to those who have mismanaged the club for years, and who have engaged in tactics that are antithetical to the interests of so many Manhattan Club members.

Karl H.
Aug 20, 2020

I seriously considered joining the Zimmerman suit in the beginning. I ultimately didn't because he wanted $1200 and said he might need to ask for more in the future. After 4 years of the NYAG investigation and getting nothing back from that, I didn't want to go that possible route again (of spending more money and waiting years and not getting anything for it). I stopped paying fees this year.

Dks
Aug 20, 2020

I understand that the final phase of the attorney generals settlement is this month. What’s the next step

Christopher F.
Aug 21, 2020

If there is an active or pending lawsuit in reference to owners being unable to use their 2020 points due to Covid-19, I would like to join. I own a penthouse and I have not been able to use my points because NY was closed down because of the virus. No matter what I offer to accept as an option to keep from losing an entire usage year, they offer nothing. I was told that I could put them into RCI, but to do that you must join RCI at $275.00. Then after you put them in RCI you have to pay $250.00 to use them. So I paid for the points that I cannot use due to no fault of mine, in order to save them. So now I must pay $275.00 to RCI to join and pay $250.00 to RCI to use them. What a fricking racket! How much money do those rich and greedy fat cats need to rip off from the little guy before they are satisfied. Was anyone else offered something different to help save their points? Please reply, thanks

Diane E.
Aug 21, 2020

I would be interested in this lawsuit if I don"t have to pay upfront for the service.

Diane E.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.