The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Sep 11, 2020

It is the email I am using. He has never responded.

Susan H.
Sep 11, 2020

I also have attempted to Contact attorney Zimmerman left messages also emailed no response

Kenneth L.
Sep 11, 2020

That email is wrong. You can Google "Zimmerman law group" , the one in New Jersey, and get correct contact information.

Daveybob
Sep 11, 2020

We received it and signed all the paperwork to transfer ownership in order to stop paying the ridiculous yearly maintenance fee. If you do the arithmetic you can get a hotel room, especially on weekends, for less money than it costs to support a Manhattan club "membership". This is a case of cutting our losses and moving on. Furthermore, the rooms have become dated, the TV reception and equipment is archaic and the area around the club has become disgusting since comrade DiBlasio became the mayor. Midtown Manhattan is reverting to the terrible conditions that existed in the 1980's. Just look around at all the empty storefronts, filth in the streets and shuttered restaurants.

Robert M.
Sep 11, 2020

Jean-Marc Zimmerman Zimmerman Law Group 233 Watchung Fork Westfield, NJ 07090 T: (908) 768-6408 F: (908) 935-0751

jmz@tmcsuit.com

jmz@zimllp.com

Gary P.
Sep 13, 2020

If you are a Redweek member can you tell me how it is working for you. Maybe that is why I cant get a response from the Zimmerman lawyers. I would like to join the lawsuit but I would like to know if I need to be a member of Redweek. Can anyone reply back and help me out.

Diane E.
Sep 13, 2020

How do I join the law suit? What are they offering?

Diane E.
Sep 24, 2020

Hi, My husband has owned the timeshare for 20 years, never uses it, and is wanting to get out of it. Now reading about the lawsuit, I think he is owed money. Can someone please give us guidance on what to do?

Kerry B
Sep 24, 2020

Read the past postings on this forum and the NYAGs law suit and settlement terms. After that your option is joining the Zimmerman law suit. All this info is a available to you on this site and the NYAGs website.

Dks

Last edited by deborahs528 on Sep 24, 2020 09:55 AM

Oct 06, 2020

How can I get information about the Zimmerman lawsuit?

My wife and I are TMCNY time share owners. Thanks

Irv Elster

Last edited by phyl21 on Oct 06, 2020 06:02 PM

Oct 07, 2020

All that information is located in messages earlier on this forum, many times over and over. Please read some of the previous notes in the forum and you will find your answer(s). It may take a few minutes, but worth the information.

Cliff&Chris T.
Oct 08, 2020

Hi Paul: Thanks for taking the time to describe your experience!

When you decided to stop paying the annual fees, did you receive threatening letters with penalties and interest? And at what point did TMCNY offer to buy your timeshare and relieve you of all responsibilities?

Thanks, Irv

Irv Elster
Oct 09, 2020

Just rec'd a response from Mr Zimmerman detailing his recent complaint filing on behalf of more than 100 owners. To become a plaintiff, we need to sign a retention agreement and pay $1995. Isn't this amount higher than what everyone else has paid?

David M.
Oct 09, 2020

Yes it is a higher rate.

Kevin O.
Oct 09, 2020

Think of it like buying a plane ticket. The close to the time of flight the higher the cost. Mr. Zimmerman has made serious progress based on what little knowledge I have of what he's doing. We got in much earlier on and yes it was less. But IMO the $2k seems like a good deal.

Robert S.
Oct 11, 2020

It really shouldnt be like that. I can't afford any money for this lawsuit, but I'd like to be in it. Shouldn't it be for all owners? I can't pay the service fee next time either which will be due in April of 2021. But I do not want to loose everything I've invested as I've owned since 2001.

Melody P.
Oct 12, 2020

Here is the latest from The Manhattan Club. Delinquent owners are given two choices. To relinquish their timeshare, receive $100 and forever be free of the obligation and relationship with TMC. Or, they will start collection proceedings/effect a lien against one's timeshare. They are saying we have 30 days to decide.

Dks

Last edited by deborahs528 on Oct 13, 2020 05:48 AM

Oct 12, 2020

How many years after you decided not to make payments that they sent that letter? Thank you for sharing!

Kim U.
Oct 12, 2020

Are you a participant in the Zimmerman lawsuit? Did you get his opinion on this?

Arlo Y.
Oct 13, 2020

I stopped paying in July 2020. Less than 4 months ago. I inherited 2 timeshares in 2013. I gave one back in 2014, and it took 4 years to get the $100 check. The fees kept rising. This year, when they refused to make any allowance for Covid, that was the last straw. I have no guarantee that I will be able to use it by next spring....likely not, so another 4 grand out the window? No thanks! I am not part of the Zimmerman effort. A personal decision. More money and who knows how much more time for an unknown outcome? I do wish the best outcome, as soon as possible for those who are part of the Zimmerman effort!

Dks

Last edited by deborahs528 on Oct 13, 2020 05:42 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.