The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Nov 13, 2020

Think about what u are saying!!! U are giving your unit away for free and letting them win!! Fight for your right to collect what’s owed and let them know that we were all ripped off!!

Gary P.
Nov 13, 2020

What a Bargain. Think about it. Eichner made from $5 million dollars to $6.5 million dollars a year for his no employees, no services provided Manhattan Club management contract for over 20 years. This is based on the online public information documents from the New York Attorney General's investigation showing the bank records. The management contract dates from 1996 and is still in place. This is roughly 100 million dollars. Eichner paid only $6 million dollars in a fine in 2018. What a great deal for Eichner, a $6 million 'fee' for $100 million in pure profit. Write the new New York Attorney General Leticia James. The AOD Agreement with the former Attorney General Schneiderman is keeping Manhattan Club timeshare owners from getting justice.

Attorney General Leticia James Office of the Attorney General The Capitol. Albany, NY12224-0341

Irene S.
Nov 15, 2020

Was there ever a time when the Manhattan Club was obligated to contact all owners in regard to an owner exit opportunity? Is there a list of owners that the Manhattan Club contacted and didn’t contact in regard to a Manhattan Club owner buy back opportunity? If you were not contacted would those not-contacted owners still have the right to exit? Has anyone heard of such a list? We were told by a buy-back company there is a list. DK

Donald
Nov 15, 2020

I have a question for owners who stopped paying maintenance fees. Did you continue to pay the Real Estate Tax Charge? D id you notify MC that you were no longer paying maintenance fees? I am in the Zimmerman law suit and considering not paying the maintenance fees this year.

Cheryl M.
Nov 15, 2020

No need to pay RE tax separately....../tmc pays taxes in bulk and assesses each owner. I have not paid this years Maintenance or taxes and received buyout offer. I did send TMC a letter and expressed my dissatisfaction and refusal to pay future fees.

Jim C.

Last edited by jimc740 on Nov 15, 2020 02:44 PM

Nov 15, 2020

Did you ask Mr. Zimmerman for his advice? I would be interested to know. thank you.

Vivien S.
Nov 16, 2020

Hello Vivian,

I am supportive of the lawsuit but did not join. We have a every other year contract and just thought I would take the loss and not invest more money. We did not put a lot of money up front for the purchase like others who bought an annual or multiple units. I can understand them being part of the lawsuit effort.

Jim C.
Nov 17, 2020

I went to the Civil Court yesterday to retrieve the copy of the CNBC Manhattan Club video. It is gone! I know it was there because the clerk showed it to me on two occasions. I knew once I put the information on this forum the video would disappear. Eichner's lawyers monitor this and all Manhattan Club Timeshare owner forums. I got a Subpoena for Records Order from the Civil Court Clerk. There is a minimal fee to get a copy of the show from the archives. I paid less than $50. I used the Bergen County Sheriff's Department to get my copy in 2019.

Bergen County Sheriff's Office 2 Bergen County Plaza Hackensack, New Jersey 07601

This is how to get a copy of the Manhattan Club Investigative Report Video:

Contact NBCUNiversal - legal Department CNBC 900 Sylvan Avenue Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey 07632 210 735-2622

What you are looking for is CNBC's Power Lunch Manhattan Club episode which aired 11/20/14 between 1 and 2 p. Andrea Day, Reporter and Valerie Patriarca, Producer, Special Products Unit

In that episode, a former Manhattan Club timeshare salesperson talks about the fraud at TMC and several owners talk about their negative experiences with The Manhattan Club.

I am going to get another copy and share it with the new Attorney General Leticia James' office.

Irene Smalls

Irene S.
Nov 18, 2020

Best wishes to all owners for a Happy and Safe Thanksgiving

Kevin O.

Last edited by kevin631 on Nov 19, 2020 09:22 PM

Nov 18, 2020

We have been following this lawsuit and hoping something would come of it. We bought in 1999 and initally loved it but our payments are now ridiculous, 3301.37 a year! Then we could never get the dates we wanted bc they were selling to the public. Our year starts with them Feb. 26th so due to covid we were not able to go and still will not go to NYC with all the problems and violence . So I went on here to see what others are doing. I tried to call them but they are not taking calls they want you to email them . We are not going to pay our next bill bc we paid last year and have not even been able to use it . I read that to be part of this lawsuit is 2000.00 that is expensive too but if it is worthwhile we would do it in lieu of paying the MC. Like someone else said I may be asking questions already answered and if so i am sorry. But any advice would be appreciated! I would like to hear what others are doing when their new bill comes. I read about the letter to the AG and we will send one as well.. Thanks!

Valerie
Nov 19, 2020

I posted this message a week ago and haven't had any owner providing feedback; therefore, I'm posting it again. Was there ever a time when the Manhattan Club was obligated to contact all owners in regard to an owner exit opportunity? Is there a list of owners that the Manhattan Club contacted and didn’t contact in regard to a Manhattan Club owner buy back opportunity? If you were not contacted would those not-contacted owners still have the right to exit? Has anyone heard of such a list? We were told by a buy-back company there is a list. DK

Donald
Nov 19, 2020

I have never heard anything about a list nor have I ever been contacted about an exit offer. I do constantly receive letters and calls from companies who claim they can get you legally "freed" from your time share. But I have been told that they charge large fees to represent you and I have never contacted any of them back. I made a bad decision purchasing my 2 weeks at the Manhattan Club and I am part of the Zimmerman lawsuit. That seemed to be my best option.

Gail J.
Nov 20, 2020

Yes there is a list. I have been on it for 6 years however anyone not paying their maintenance fees will get a call first. I did make a mistake about 10 years ago when the Manhattan Club offered me 19k for my Penthouse unit and I kindly declined. I originally paid $42k with a maintenance fee if $900. That maintenance fee now is $3600 and climbing. What a mistake I made!!!!

Gary P.
Nov 21, 2020

Jeez, this is all so damned sad. What was presented to us as a wonderful opportunity to “own” a nice slice of the Big Apple has turned into a nightmare of gigantic proportion. And now Attorney Zimmerman is demanding much more to join his lawsuit of a questionable outcome given the rotten tactics of TMC’s lawyers. I did pay my $3,300 fee and it really hurts this old codger! Thousands here, thousands there, what the hell...and we learn that you can walk in from off the street and book one of these suites for half the price we are forced to pay and get a TMC favor to boot!

Dick H.
Nov 21, 2020

Finally received my $100 only 13 months after submitting paperwork..oh, and after throwing about $50K to schemer cheats. May they rot in hell. Too harsh?

Nada N.
Nov 21, 2020

How do I start the process of selling back my portion of TMC ?

Jane S.
Nov 21, 2020

It’s sad to hear so many people are getting scammed again by relinquishing their title for $100. By signing that document you have given up all legal recourse. If I don’t get my money back I will leave this timeshare in my will to the State of NY.

Gary P.
Nov 21, 2020

I assure you reading the Assurance of Discontinuance from the New York Attorney General's Office there was no requirement that all TMC timeshare owners be notified of the investigation. There are still many owners paying maintenance fees who do not know anything about TMC's fraud. Owners in other countries are prime examples of those uninformed owners. The New York Attorney General only contacted the TMC timeshare owners who contacted the New York AG's office directly. Even the NYAG did not notify all TMC owners at any time. Irene Smalls

Irene S.
Nov 22, 2020

Before I caved to the $100 buyback, I had left my share to Donald Trump.

Nada N.
Nov 22, 2020

What will happen if you stop paying your timeshare maintenance fee? The cost of all these non payments are being added to the all the owners that are still paying!!

Gary P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.