The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Apr 28, 2012

I am interested in lawsuit! please send me a survey Linda

Linda L.
May 01, 2012

I would like to participate in this lawsuit, or get more information. Please tell me what the latest update is regarding this scam. Thanks, Patty Hurwitz, owner

Patty H.
May 01, 2012

Chris, I agree with your statement here. Please email alexcrystal22@gmail.com you need to get the survey and fill it out and submit to attorney Blau office handling the class action suit.

Vanessa S.
May 01, 2012

Email alexcrystal22@gmail.com Fill out a survey and submit to attorney office. that is the process for joining the suit.

Vanessa S.
May 01, 2012

You can help by emailing alexcrystal22@gmail to get survey. Fill out and submit to attorney's office listed on form.

Vanessa S.
May 01, 2012

email alexcrystal22@gmail to get survey. Fill it out and submit to attorney on form.

Vanessa S.
May 21, 2012

I agree with everything that has been posted. I can ad that I have tried to get the mc to buy or take back my timeshare but they will not. They said I have been put on a waiting list for buy backs. I also am having financial troubles and paying the $1890 in common charges is a big problem especially that when I purchased the unit I was paying under $800. I was sent a letter from mc that I would have to pay 16% late charges plus $50. if I did not pay my fees on time. I would definitely join all of you in this lawsuit. mrusso333@optonline.net

Mary ann R.
May 21, 2012

the law suit is fine, but it takes many years to get resoloved.

more immediate and positive action must be taken. contact nyc media urging investigating and reporting. contribute to an ad placed in nyc papers exposing the fraud and misconceptions at MC.

picket the MC...permit required.

Chris V.
May 21, 2012

law suit takes years go get resolved.

see my other post.

take positive, more immediate action.

Chris V.
May 21, 2012

the law suit is a step in the right direction, but takes years to get to court to be resolved, and the outcome may not be what we owners expect, although fraud is strongly suspected.

become more active; contact nyc press with tips about MC offering examples of schemes, suspected fraud, and overselling shares making it almost impossible to get more immediate reservations, rather than making them 9 months to one year in advance.

picket the MC en masse.........nyc permit required.

place an ad in a popular nyc newspaper about suspected fraud and misleading statements by MC. contributions required.

PROACTIVITY IS THE OPERATIVE WORD.

Chris V.
May 22, 2012

RCI LAWSUIT CLASS ACTION

You May be Entitled to a Payment from a Class Action Settlement About the RCI Points® Exchange Program

A Settlement has been reached in a class action lawsuit that claims that RCI, LLC violated certain consumer protection and other laws by renting timeshare inventory deposited by members of the RCI Points Exchange Program. RCI denies it did anything wrong. Am I included? You are included if you (1) Are a resident of the U.S. or its territories, and (2) Were a member of the RCI Points Exchange Program on or before April 25, 2012. If this postcard is addressed to you, you are included in the Settlement unless you exclude yourself. What can I get? If the Settlement is approved, Settlement Class Members who submit Claim Forms may receive a payment. Current members may get $12 and former members may get $10. Claim Forms are due by August 24, 2012. What are my other rights? If you do not want to be legally bound by the Settlement, you must exclude yourself in writing. The exclusion deadline is October 2, 2012. If you stay in the Settlement you will not be able to sue RCI for any claim relating to the issues in this lawsuit. If you stay in the Settlement, you may object to all or any part of it by October 2, 2012. The Court will hold a hearing on November 1, 2012 at 10:00 a.m. to consider whether to approve the Settlement and a request for attorneys' fees, costs, and expenses in the amount of $835,000.00. The Court has appointed attorneys to represent the Class. You may hire your own attorney at your own expense. This Notice is Only a Summary. For Detailed Information and a Claim Form: Visit: www.pointsprogramsettlement.com, Call: 1-866-647-5645 or Write: Settlement Administrator, P.O. Box 2662, Faribault, MN 55021-9662

Alex C.
May 23, 2012

I would love to join. I will send you an email and my email is John_Contini@hotmail.com

John C.
May 23, 2012

I agree additional action has to be taken. However, our hands are tied with the MC with ownership, a give/buy back, and the increasing maint. fees. How does this happen? Do you have a specific approach to contact media for addressing the situation?

Vanessa S.
May 23, 2012

I agree. How can we contribute to ad or action?

Vanessa S.
May 23, 2012

join the law suit but expect long delays...possibly years...before it gets into litigation. become active...PROACTIVE...contact local nyc media, daily news, ny post, ny times; radio/tv reporters. picket the mc...as a large group of owners; contribute to an informative advertisement in ny papers.

Chris V.
May 23, 2012

get an experienced, creative owner familiar with the media, to write an ad, do research on cost to publish, and of course, the most coverage and effective newspaper. just don't hold your breath concerning the law suit. it could take years to get to litigation.

Chris V.
Jun 09, 2012

Hello, I would like to participate in this lawsuit. While I am a timeshare member for many years other than the first year, I have NEVER been able to get a reservation, either on a day I would like or anyday. I lost my weeks last year and will be losing them again this year. They tell me that you need to call 9 months in advance to make a reservation. If you do not, any day you ask for is gone, and you are put on a waiting list. Why would anyone cancel a room if there are none available to book? So what good is a waiting list? Oh yes, you can book 12 months in advance, the only catch is you have to pay your maintenance fee one year in advance. This hotel advertises at a discounted rate on Living Social and books rooms at a discount for non owners. They keep calling wanting referrals for buyers and yet they do not have a room for an owner?? The yearly maintenance keeps going up. It is one lie after another. They make up rules just to steal your money. It is a scam. How can I get rid of this? Please include me in any class action lawsuit. Can we get this on TV, isn't there a show (7?) where they can help you. Can I at least get a room? Thank you

Jo Ann S.
Jun 09, 2012

Alex's email is not working. is there another email I can write to, to join the class action suit. thx

Jo Ann S.
Jun 20, 2012

Filled out survey and forwarded it ti attorney but, never got a confirmation back? Are they acknowledging the receipt of these completed surveys?

Charles M.
Jun 27, 2012

chrisv126 wrote:
there needs to be a follow-up to this article by crains ny business.
I don't know if this went through or not. Again, I am actually doing a phone interview with Amanda, who wrote that article, today in regards to my complaints. She is interested in speaking to anyone who wants to tell their story. Please contact me at claudiavanhook@gmail.com or her at "Amanda Fung" <afung@crainsnewyork.com> Claudia

Claudia V.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.