Timeshare Companies

Vida Vacations & Grand Mayan lies

Jan 09, 2015

Thank you Tracy, we are doing that as well. But we don't put a lot of faith in their power. So until Vidanta takes responsibility for training their reps to steal we'll do everything we can to spread the word about their tactics. If that means involving Ivan Chavez the owner then so be it. We are preparing to send a petition to Cirque du Soleil, if nothing else it will bring to light the nasty nature of their sales depts.. Thank you again for your interest Tracy.

Mary

Mary M.

Last edited by marym1431 on Jan 09, 2015 11:44 AM

Jan 12, 2015

Senior Citizens BEWARE!!!!

WANT OUT OF THIS MESS NOW!! I am very upset with my decision to become a Mayan Palace owner, it has turned out to be one of the worst decisions of my life.

It all started when we met Eduardo Vega, over breakfast he showed us a photo album of his recently deceased pregnant wife or girlfriend who died along with the baby in a car accident, it had my partner Deb in tears. I hate to say this but I’m not so sure it was a true story because everything else he told us were lies. The other thing that stands out from breakfast is this big story he told us how M.I.T. took years to design the way the program was to be used and also how it was sold. Now that’s not why I bought, I mention it just to demonstrate his character as a liar.

The story he had was they rented them high end golfers for the golf tournaments Mayan hosted for $3,700 and we got $2,700. We already had some 4 timeshares that we used and didn’t really need any more weeks. Well, that was another one of his lies, we traded in all four timeshares for a “discount” of 59,600. I have since found out that we could have bought the same contract without them taking our timeshares. So, you stole our four timeshares that we paid good money for. We actually wound up buying those timeshares back, another 4,000 to do so, which further proves that part of the sales was a lie too, how can the value given on those just not matter anymore? The math works out to a 100,000 when you add up all the lies. If you think I will just let you do this to me that would be a mistake. This is not a couple thousand dollars, its 54,000!!!

Their contract states: 9.1.D: The Company does not buy, sell or acquire as trade-ins Member-owned timeshares at other resorts. Such transactions are between Member and the trade-in company and are not in any respect the responsibility of Company. This entire portion of the transaction was conducted by the Vida sales team. As I said just vile liars!

Rob

Rob G.

Last edited by robg138 on Jan 12, 2015 07:21 AM

Jan 12, 2015

When did you sign this contract? If it was fewer than5 days ago, you have a chance to rescind.

Lance C.
Jan 12, 2015

If you paid by Cr. card, call your Cr. Card co. and tell them it was fraud and they will help you

Richard M.
Jan 12, 2015

Thank you both for your advice. Unfortunately it was over a year ago. The CC companies won't entertain the dispute. What the Mayan has done to skirt U.S. laws is remove all business dealings from the U.S. there is no coincidence as to why the charges are run through Mexican banks, just another layer of protection for the double dealing sales teams. If the Mayan thinks I'm just going to walk away from $54,000 they're making a mistake. Yes their contract may provide them some cover but I'm confident in the doc's between the trade-in company, Vida and myself that I can demonstrate their duplicitous ways. They may have a piece of my hard earned retirement fund and if they insist on keeping it, I will be prolific with posting and spreading the word about the "Two Faces of Vidanta/Vida Vacations".

Rob

Rob G.

Last edited by robg138 on Jan 12, 2015 12:37 PM

Jan 29, 2015

Vidanta Truly The Scam of Scams

As stated in my previous post here the organization known as the Vida Vacation has decided to support the lying and sleazy tactics of the Riviera Maya Sales Team. I have been ripped-off! They used a system of lies and deceit to defraud me of $54,000. It was all about the rental promises and the fraudulent way in which the took my old timeshares.

I'm pushing 70 yrs old, I have explained how it was done to their customer service people and they just don't give a damn! I fell for their lies because it was so well orchestrated, and I'm not alone. There is a long trail of Vidanta victims who got screwed by the criminals disguised as sales people at Vidanta..

The fact that Ownership allows such tactics can only mean they sanction them. SENIORS BEWARE....THEY ARE NOT WHO THEY PRETEND TO BE!! Rob G

Rob G.
Jan 29, 2015

Mr. Ivan Chavez,

I have posted here several times before, and will continue to post until Vida Vacation/ Vidanta cancels and refunds my fraudulently obtained contract.

I am once again reaching out to Mr. Ivan Chavez the owner to intervene and do the right thing. I am a recently widowed Senior Citizen, I have tried to use this as it was sold to me but none of what sales said would happen has come to pass.

Briefly, they were to supposed to have one of the resale brokers on a list they gave me sell my Shell Vacations timeshare...they said it would only take 90 days max....almost 2 years later I still have it and continue to pay maint. fees. The very same broker was going to rent out our Mayan Palace weeks for $1,000/wk net....never happened....in fact the broker is out of business, all their phone lines are disconnected.

Is sticking it to Senior Citizens something Vidanta wishes to be known for Mr. Chavez? We all know what happened to me, it's not unlike what has happened to countless others. I will not stop posting and spreading the word about your sales teams tactics. Maybe $21,800 is nothing to you but it's a big deal to me. No rental income, and I'm still paying maint fee's on the two Shell weeks. It's just not fair, I really don't know how you can just stand by and do nothing, it's very sad indeed.

Elvira

Elvira F.
Jan 29, 2015

Mr. Ivan Chavez, our call for your intervention in our situation has gone unanswered. So once again we will post here and elsewhere to warn consumers to BEWARE of your projects throughout Mexico.

Vidanta has constructed spectacular resorts no one can question that, however it is exactly the magnificent resorts that led us and others to think that what the sales rep and the brokers they put us on the phone with were on the up and up. Nothing could have been further from the truth!

Ours is a common story as it relates to your duplicitous sales crew. Rental....total lie! Resale of my old timeshare....total lie!

On the advice of your lovely sales people we signed up with two brokers on the list you provided us....One of them is under federal indictment for fraud (20 counts) and the other is useless. So on top of the $13,500, we spent $1,100 on brokers....and you or any of your customer services people will not lift a finger to fix this obvious fraudulent situation.

Going forward, the future of Vidanta looks bright, and maybe you have since stopped your people from lying but that doesn't give you a pass on what happened to us. Please reconsider your position.

Deb & Sara

Deb H.
Jan 31, 2015

If you are reading this and considering a purchase with Vidanta, think again. They will say or do ANYTHING to get your money....truth has nothing to do with it. And this is all done with the blessing of Ownership.

I was at the Riviera Maya Resort saying no, no, no I already owned a Marroitt in the Orlando area, I was good to go. Well that's when they put me on the phone with a rental resale broker from a list they touted so highly. The broker guaranteed to sell my Marriott for $21,000 and have it done in 90 days or less. They said it was guaranteed because they had Mexican families who need to own U.S. property in order to get a U.S. travel visa....seemed to make sense. Total BS, haven't heard from the broker except when they tried to get more money for a premium membership services. I checked out the entire list of brokers and they're ALL scam operations. In fact one of them has been recently indicted on federal wire/mail fraud as well as aggravated identity theft.

I have been trying to resolve this but CS is 100% in support of the lies told to me.

I know timeshare has a bad reputation that's why I bought Marriott I knew the brand stood for quality and integrity and everything Marriott told me was truthful. When you experience the Mayan you think that because of the level of quality put into the resorts that your dealing with a serious above board organization. Nothing could be further from the truth. The deception is on an institutional level, as I said supported from the very top. How else can you explain what's going on there.

I have given them ample time to sort this mess out and they could care less. Maybe the partners they use to help them demonstrate credibility need to be informed as to the true nature of Vida sales.

Nadine.

Nadine T.
Feb 11, 2015

This is a call to all of the unsuspecting consumers who fell victim to the largest timeshare scam in Mexico. Personally Vida Vacations got me for $54,000, I know there are many more people like me out there, I would encourage all those who have been deceived by the double dealing sales reps whom Vida Vacations employs to become more vocal.

I'm sure that if you bought a Vida contract in the last three to five years you were promised rental income, possibly the resale of a previously owned timeshare or perhaps like me a phony equity credit for other timeshares. More recent purchase seemed to have been defrauded through their Vida Lifestyles or phony deed presentation. In addition to posting here as well as other forums I would encourage you to inform their new partner Cirque du Soleil as to the duplicitous behavior in which Vida achieves their sales by using the credibility of the Cirque Brand, if in fact that is your case.

contact@cirquedusoleil.com

Listen, I'm close to 70 yrs old, I've been around the block a time or two and that's why I'm so upset about losing $54,000 to these scoundrels. I know Cirque had no direct involvement in me being ripped-off. However, I will tell you that their involvement with Vidanta undoubtedly caused me to conclude that Vidanta was on the up and up. So when I was put on the phone with one of Vidanta's rental brokers who validated everything the sales rep said, I thought what I was hearing was legit in regards to the rental income to be generated from the excessive Vida weeks I purchased. The broker, Resort Rentals Mexico obviously has done nothing except provide excuses and now the owner of the company has been indicted on federal wire/mail fraud and aggravated identity theft and faces more time than Bernie Madoff. This next link details the charges against him, also included in the thread is a nice little story about the company who handled my equity trades, they ripped me off for another $4,000. I did not seek these two company's out myself, they were both key to the sales process and ultimately my decision process.

http://insidethegate.com/gatehouse/index.php?s=keith+kosco

Vida doesn’t dispute that I was lied to, and in fact this would be an unrealistic position as their notorious practices are well documented throughout the internet. What the company does say is that those promises made by the sales team are not consistent with the timeshare contract, and therefore Vida will not support the representations made by its sales teams. If I choose to dispute their contract I must travel to Guadalajara, Mexico, hire a local attorney and file a case with an arbitration board. This would likely take eight months to two years of hearings to conclude, some of which would require my attendance. Obviously this makes the likelihood for such a dispute, as well as its proper resolution all but impossible.

Prior to posting this I sent a copy of this exact post to Vidanta, its owner Ivan Chavez and their Houston PR Firm Richards Partners asking for the proper resolution and have yet to receive any response. I have filed a IC3 complaint with the FBI and have been in contact with the FTC.

Rob G CSGT0781

Rob G.

Last edited by robg138 on Feb 11, 2015 08:48 AM

Feb 18, 2015

http://thegrandmayanscamhelp.blogspot.mx/2013_07_01_archive.html

This link is a production from Vida Vacations/Grand Mayan, look at it quickly because once Vida realizes how absurd it is, it will come down. But I will post a few clips from it so it will live in infamy. I name Mr. Chavez in the headline as per Mayans instructions, below is an excerpt;

So generally it takes a little time to infiltrate these companies, though we have our methods that we won´t disclose but it is certainly effective. Once we have infiltrated a timeshare company and exposed its true nature, there are three things that Grand Mayan can do to halt the timeshare scam company from doing what it does best: 1.Grand Mayan Palace Scam Unit will review all timeshare scam complaints and compile a brief that we will then send to the governing body of real estate here in Mexico. 2.Grand Mayan Palace will determine what hotel that the timeshare company is operating from an add it to our Hotel Black List that we shall be releasing shortly. 3.Place a general warning on our two websites, warning vacationers about the dangers of this timeshare scam. 4.Contact the C.E.O. of the timeshare scam company detailing the actions that we will take against them in an attempt to sufficiently posture enough so that they change locations. If you have any information that can help the Grand Mayan Palace effort to warn people and aid victims of timeshare scams and fraud please contact us.

This would be laughable if it were not so tragic, here they are telling consumers how to avoid exactly what they do.....

Next is exactly the reason I am in this position, I used the "Reliable Broker" they gave me and got hosed for $54,000.

2nd Grand Mayan Scam Tip The second Grand Mayan scam tip is always use Mayan Resort affiliated timeshare businesses. All timeshare resale businesses approved by Mayan Resorts offer reliable and trustworthy products. There are timeshare resale companies that don't do as they promise. There are also timeshare businesses that use high pressure sales tactics. All Grand Mayan affiliated timeshare businesses will help you avoid fraud and find the right timeshare at the best price.

To remind everybody the Broker that I was lucky enough to pick (Resort Rental Mexico) is under Federal indictment for fraud, looking at 320 yrs....BTW Bernie Madoff got 150yrs. This is their idea of reliable, top of their list no less.

Mr. Chavez, I am guilty of believing your sales teams ....nothing more. These words above are Vidanta's please take responsibility.

Rob G

Rob G.
Mar 06, 2015

Vida Vacations....Mayan Palace.....Vidanta, whatever name it is they goes by these days is completely UNETHICAL! There is no question they colluded with one of their so called "reliable and trustworthy" brokers to convince me of a thriving rental market and this broker would take care of everything. I spent $54k plus a broker fee ($400) and have done everything the Mayan sales people told me to do and have had zero results.

Vida knows their sales and mgmt. people lied to me, it's provable via the documents they gave me. I have appealed to the owner Ivan Chavez and he has not seen fit to offer the slightest response. Which leads me to believe he could care less, his silence speaks volumes. He has a choice to either reject these tactics sending a message to his sales teams that this type of selling will not be tolerated or do nothing indicating he approves, it's either or and to this point he has chosen to support the fraudulent behavior of Vida sales.

Putting me on the phone with a broker (who is currently under Federal indictment for fraud/identity theft) was a dirty, dirty trick. THAT IS CONSPIRACY!! I would never had purchased if not for that call and the assurances given by the broker and Vida sales.

Rob G

Rob G.
Mar 13, 2015

How did you resolve the problem? Have you actually used the program you purchased?

nadinet14 wrote:
If you are reading this and considering a purchase with Vidanta, think again. They will say or do ANYTHING to get your money....truth has nothing to do with it. And this is all done with the blessing of Ownership.

I was at the Riviera Maya Resort saying no, no, no I already owned a Marroitt in the Orlando area, I was good to go. Well that's when they put me on the phone with a rental resale broker from a list they touted so highly. The broker guaranteed to sell my Marriott for $21,000 and have it done in 90 days or less. They said it was guaranteed because they had Mexican families who need to own U.S. property in order to get a U.S. travel visa....seemed to make sense. Total BS, haven't heard from the broker except when they tried to get more money for a premium membership services. I checked out the entire list of brokers and they're ALL scam operations. In fact one of them has been recently indicted on federal wire/mail fraud as well as aggravated identity theft.

I have been trying to resolve this but CS is 100% in support of the lies told to me.

I know timeshare has a bad reputation that's why I bought Marriott I knew the brand stood for quality and integrity and everything Marriott told me was truthful. When you experience the Mayan you think that because of the level of quality put into the resorts that your dealing with a serious above board organization. Nothing could be further from the truth. The deception is on an institutional level, as I said supported from the very top. How else can you explain what's going on there.

I have given them ample time to sort this mess out and they could care less. Maybe the partners they use to help them demonstrate credibility need to be informed as to the true nature of Vida sales.

Nadine.

Cc T.
Mar 13, 2015

artIartmaftwfp

I

Karen P.

Last edited by karenp498 on Oct 13, 2015 11:08 AM

Mar 13, 2015

abriow

karenp498 wrote:
We have requested a refund as well. THIS PROGRAM IS NOT AS IT WAS ADVERTISED AND SOLD TO US. IT DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY LOWER RATES FOR HOTELS THAN HOTELS.COM, BOOKING.COM, COSTCO, OR TRAVELOCITY. THE MAJORITY OF THE PROPERTIES ARE ALL-INCLUSIVE, WHICH WE WERE VERY SPECIFIC IN STATING THAT WE DID NOT WANT. FURTHER, IT DOES NOT OFFER ANY ADDITIONAL DISCOUNTS FOR CAR RENTAL OR CRUISE SHIPS. THESE ARE THE SAME RATES THAT ARE OFFERED EVERYWHERE. ALSO, SEVERAL OF THESE OFFERS AND SERVICES ARE NOT AVAILABLE TO RESIDENTS OF ALASKA, WHICH WE ARE AND STATED AS MUCH. THE BAIT AND SWITCH TACTICS AS WELL AS HIGH PRESSURE TECHNIQUES EMPLOYED BY SALES STAFF MAKES IT IMPOSSIBLE TO DETERMINE WHAT IS HAS ACTUALLY BEEN PURCHASED. A COMPLAINT HAS BEEN FILED AND I HAVE REQUESTED A REFUND

Karen P.

Last edited by karenp498 on Oct 13, 2015 11:08 AM

Mar 13, 2015

The answer is no we are still stuck!

The Mayan Empire is still up to their dirty tricks. However I have banded together with several others (Deb, Rob, Elvira, Christie and Mary M) on this and other blogs.

We certainly have given the Mayan ample time and presented irrefutable evidence that we were scammed and they have chosen the eff you approach.

Nadine

cct4 wrote:
How did you resolve the problem? Have you actually used the program you purchased?

nadinet14 wrote:

Nadine.

Nadine T.

Last edited by nadinet14 on Mar 13, 2015 08:49 AM

Mar 13, 2015

Karen also post on pissedconsumer.com

karenp498 wrote:
No resolution. No response.

karenp498 wrote:
We have requested a refund as well. THIS PROGRAM IS NOT AS IT WAS ADVERTISED AND SOLD TO US. IT DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY LOWER RATES FOR HOTELS THAN HOTELS.COM, BOOKING.COM, COSTCO, OR TRAVELOCITY. THE MAJORITY OF THE PROPERTIES ARE ALL-INCLUSIVE, WHICH WE WERE VERY SPECIFIC IN STATING THAT WE DID NOT WANT. FURTHER, IT DOES NOT OFFER ANY ADDITIONAL DISCOUNTS FOR CAR RENTAL OR CRUISE SHIPS. THESE ARE THE SAME RATES THAT ARE OFFERED EVERYWHERE. ALSO, SEVERAL OF THESE OFFERS AND SERVICES ARE NOT AVAILABLE TO RESIDENTS OF ALASKA, WHICH WE ARE AND STATED AS MUCH. THE BAIT AND SWITCH TACTICS AS WELL AS HIGH PRESSURE TECHNIQUES EMPLOYED BY SALES STAFF MAKES IT IMPOSSIBLE TO DETERMINE WHAT IS HAS ACTUALLY BEEN PURCHASED. A COMPLAINT HAS BEEN FILED AND I HAVE REQUESTED A REFUND

Nadine T.
Mar 13, 2015

Karen P.
Mar 13, 2015

Their attorney Deborah Eklund promised to call us to resolve this. That was 11months ago and still no call.

nadinet14 wrote:

Nadine.

Karen P.
Mar 13, 2015

Deborah Eklund emailed and promised to call and resolve our problem. That was April 2014. Never called and did not respond to subsequent emails. And she claimed to be the attorney. 😡

Karen P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.