Timeshare Companies

Vida Vacations & Grand Mayan lies

May 03, 2015

I rescind my comments.

Gia M.

Last edited by giam6 on May 13, 2015 10:40 AM

May 03, 2015

I didn't know there were any timeshares in the Poconos that would cost $4000 to buy. Where did own and which week?

Tracey S.
May 04, 2015

How fortinate for you! We were "seduced" because they assured us that they would buy two timeshares we had for many years that the annual maintenance fees exceeded their worth. We added up five years' worth of these timeshare fees and decided to "invest $11,494. but emphasized that we DID NOT want an ownership at Grand Mayan! We were advised by their "legal" department that the time we were "purchasing" would be used by Grand Mayan for rental; thus, that would be how they could purchase our two timeshares. We signed a contract and no sooner were back home when we received an invoice for maintenance and paperwork to pay a different company $750. to sell our two timeshares. However, if this Equity sales company were unable to sell our timeshares, they would be returned to us. We went to the Mexican Embassy here in Denver; they referred us to the Mexican Embassy in El Paso, Texas. We hired a Mexican law firm who were also a scam so we never paid them. Our "case" was turned over to the Attorney General of Mexico and we have written several times to no avail - not even the courtesy of a reply. Perhaps the Mexican government is in on these scams of American senior citizens that are attempting to scale down???? Our next step will be to contact the US Attorney General and inquire if there is any possible way of retrieving our money. Taking advantage of people in their 80's who are trying to put their lives in order by telling them lies upon lies is probably tantamount to poisoning them towards our neighboring country, Mexico!!!! We are seeking advice as to whether we can tell our story to every major travel agency in the world as well as all travel magazines, travel sections of major newspapers, travel guide books, twitter, facebook, etc. - spread the word about this SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barbara D.
May 04, 2015

yes tell everone

Neil A.
May 04, 2015

"I think all of that have been lied to should post on vida Facebook I did

REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE Avatar for neila29 neila29 1 month ago Apr 02, 2015"

I did. But they delete my posts immediately. Also, those posts saying "my issue has been resolved satisfactorily" are a little too suspicious to me. I don't find it possible for different people to coincidentally use the same exact words.

Abelardo S.

Last edited by abelardos2 on May 04, 2015 05:46 PM

May 04, 2015

"I want to say thank you to the Customer Service staff that we were dealing with. Our issue has been resolved in a kind and courteous manner to our satisfaction"

Last edit by joyc111 on Apr 22, 2015 12:48 PM. joyc111 3 weeks ago Apr 09, 2015

And you have to post the same thing everyday???

Abelardo S.

Last edited by abelardos2 on May 04, 2015 05:48 PM

May 05, 2015

Can you please share how you accomplished this. I was taken by Vacation Privileges for 5k and they want my timeshare.

Cc T.
May 05, 2015

Did you resolve your problem! They got me with the exact same scam, except with my Hilton Property.

Cc T.
May 05, 2015

Did you ever read solve this? I have the exact same problem, but with Hilton property.

Cc T.
May 06, 2015

Perhaps it is time to investigate the possibility of a Class Action whereby every one of us who have been cheated out of our money gives our information to a law firm that specializes in Class Actions. With so many of us it would probably be worthwhile as the cost would come down the more people that got involved.

It is working in New York as the Attorney General is handling the Class Action against the Manhattan Club. I would like to see Grand Mayan tied up in a court battle for years as in addition to their legal expenses, it would get global publicity for all of us to get some vindication and possibly some financial payback?

Barbara D.
May 06, 2015

CC4, I have not yet been able to resolve this issue. I was actually quoting someone else, who had been posting everyday saying that their issue had been "satisfactorily resolved", and it just seem a little too suspicious that to me that someone would go online everyday to say the same thing.

BTW, I think Barbara439's idea is great. We should all get together and sue this people.

Abelardo S.
May 06, 2015

They use shills to post that someone has had their problem resolved. It's a scam that companies use to make it look like they care.

Don P.
May 06, 2015

Dear Readers and donp196,

In response to the slanderous assumptions implying we are impersonating authors, our dedicated staff will work with our customers until a satisfactory resolution is achieved and our members understand their contracts. We are constantly trying to better all forms of customer care and we encourage all of our customers to contact us with any questions. We take all customer concerns very seriously.

Based on that premise, we do not need to plant any information about resolutions on any website. This is done voluntarily by the original authors once their issues are resolved and this can be traced by the websites themselves for authenticity by checking the IP’s and in many other ways. It is always preferable to verify things thoroughly before posting misleading information as it is a serious allegation against our hard work.

We do care and we have confidence all issues anyone has can be addressed as soon as we are contacted to continue this dialogue as you can attest many others have done before.

Being that said, remember each case is different and that is why we would like to be contacted at grupomayanblog@grupovidanta.com or by telephone at 1-800-292-9446, to be able to help find the best solution to our specific members' needs.

We truly appreciate your time and look forward to helping anyone properly reaching out to us.

Sincerely, The Customer Support Team.

Vida V.

Last edited by grupom on May 06, 2015 12:49 PM

May 06, 2015

And pigs can fly

Don P.
May 09, 2015

what ever this endless parade of lost money story, it is always the same, a promise of something better for giving up little. Its like getting hooked on drugs,religion,a better body image. It's sad a hell, that it work so well on humans. consider yourselves lucky,its only money. you did not commit suicide nor murder, in order to complete your sales plan.

Charles K.
May 10, 2015

TO THE CUSTOMER SUPPORT TEAM: The Mexican Embassy referred us to the Mexican Attorney General's Office and to PROFECO and we have also contacted the U.S. Attorney General's Office to work together in a Class Action against your company for fraud and scamming. We have NO intention of losing $11,494. to you; furthermore, we now know that we are within our legal rights to advise RCI, Interval, Diamond Club, Conde Nast, Liberty Travel, Forbes, and all other forms of media to tell globally of your SCAM!!!!! So, everyone out there who desires to join the Class Action that we are initiating, kindly get in couch with me at: blld@q.com

Barbara D.
May 11, 2015

I was lured into trading my Marriott Time Shares only to learn that the Vida dollars that they promised were not actually spent like cash and that the promise of "no maintenance fees" was completely inaccurate. My attorney is pursuing legal action and would be happy to include others in a class action law suit.

Maria M.

Last edited by phyl21 on May 29, 2015 10:34 PM

May 15, 2015

We bought 2 timeshares. After going back to our room during the next couple of days, we found this review site and we got extremely concerned. Though we were informed (after we asked) if there was a recission period, there is within 5 business days. After reading the complaints, we got scared and decided to back out. On our way to the sales office, we ran into a couple who has used their Grand Mayan and upgraded as well and were very happy. We decided to return one and see if they gave us a bad time or would not honor it. We went right in and within 30 minutes we had the cancellation and the refund receipt in a very pleasant ..no hard sell manner at all! That was a test. We kept the other one HAPPILY. I may come back and repurchase in the future. I was fortunate that we had 2 so I could try the cancellation and still keep one if all went well. It did. It is sad there are so many bad reviews and just to keep things in balance, I am posting this to let others know that they did cancel mine with absolutely no problem and were so gracious about it. Maybe it is because I did it within the time period. I am looking forward to using the one we kept and see how it works...so far...so good!

Marian F.
May 15, 2015

My comment was real. I still have one of the two we bought. So far, I am very happy and my cancellation of the other one was no problem. Not sure why others are having these problems.

Marian F.
May 15, 2015

Even a broken clock gets it right twice a day.

Don P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.