2011 Harborside II Maintenance Fees - OVERBOARD

Forum: Harborside Resort at Atlantis

page 4 of 4

«  prev page   1 2 3 4   next page  »

Message Author

By Henry S.

If someone would put in the effort, I am confident there's an owners list since every "We'll buy your timeshare" company out there seems to reach each one of us.

8 months ago
Jan 09, 2019

By Kevin W.

It's not only the "we'll buy..." but also the "owner's update meeting" callers. I called our Orlando-based SPG/Vistana/etc. number and the only thing they could tell me is that when someone buys, the information is published and publicly available (I guess somewhere on the internet or in some legal documents somewhere) because it's a "Florida law"...what nonsense.

7 months ago
Jan 12, 2019

By Henry S.

Please chase this down..If we are able to get a full list of Phase II (and Phase I) and can recruit enough owners to participate the universe ( as it relates to our MF) will start to turn on its axis.

kevinw120 wrote:
It's not only the "we'll buy..." but also the "owner's update meeting" callers. I called our Orlando-based SPG/Vistana/etc. number and the only thing they could tell me is that when someone buys, the information is published and publicly available (I guess somewhere on the internet or in some legal documents somewhere) because it's a "Florida law"...what nonsense.

7 months ago
Jan 12, 2019

By Kevin W.

Vistana just informed me that all Harborside sales are recorded in the Bahamas. How we would ever get that list is beyond me. I'm sure these "We'll buy" and "Owner's Update" callers have staff and resources to dig up that information in the Bahamas.

Last edit by kevinw120 on Jan 15, 2019 03:59 PM.

7 months ago
Jan 15, 2019

By Ralph S.

I have recently been reading and came across your article Can you give me an up date on the happenings at Harbor Side

7 months ago
Jan 29, 2019

By Nikki L.

I just saw this post. Nothing appears to have been posted recently. Could you give me an update please.

6 months ago
Mar 09, 2019

By Thomas R.

Forget it. We were all screwed when we bought at harborside and continue to get screwed every year. No win situation. Just pay your rising maintenance fees every year and enjoy your time there. Life goes on - might as well enjoy while you can. :)

6 months ago
Mar 09, 2019

By Chris B.

HI

I am a Harborside II owner who has been trying to sell for years. I bought because it was advertised as an investment, with the value of the units values likely to increase, so that you'd get a good return on your money. What a fool I was, I have an every year week and an odd year week and as we are retiring can't think of a way out. I have noticed many units advertised for free, but if Harborside was managed correctly with reasonable fees and a proper resale section, control of the unit values could be maintained and the entire process would be fit for its purpose with families using the ownership for several years then selling onto families also wanting the same opportunities. Timeshares don't have to be a trap, they are only a trap because developers want to carrying on making money long after their input should have ceased.

look forward to any replies

3 months ago
May 22, 2019

By Chris B.

surely the Bahamas have some sort of registry of property owners? as the timeshares were sold as Deeded ownership with charges for registering at the bahamas land register. would this be accessible?

3 months ago
May 22, 2019

By Lisa W.

Hi Henry,

I just found this thread and am desperate to get rid of this timeshare. I am phase I, one bedroom premium villa / gold season. I am at wits end with these maintenance fees. If you are considering any legal action, please include me!

Thanks so much, Lisa

1 month ago
Jul 23, 2019

By Henry S.

Here's a solution to all of us that are being ripped off by Vistana/Atlantis/Harborside mafia.

1. You can legally sell your timeshare, but you will have to do it at a loss for what you originally paid... I paid $29K and just have to eat it. 2. One idea: create an LLC in Wyoming. It is super inexpensive. Sell it to the LLC. 3. LLC does not pay MF. 4. Mafia sues LLC - good luck collecting! 5. Other valid ideas: https://finance.zacks.com/legally-dispose-timeshare-3136.html

1 month ago
Jul 23, 2019

By Ann V.

Henry, the website you gave cannot be reached.

1 month ago
Aug 03, 2019

By Henry S.

I just copy pasted https://finance.zacks.com/legally-dispose-timeshare-3136.html It works just fine. henry

1 month ago
Aug 03, 2019

By Ann V.

Got it!!! Thank you!

1 month ago
Aug 04, 2019

By Chris P.

LisaW, What week do you own phase 1?

Last edit by cpierro on Aug 04, 2019 08:55 PM.

1 month ago
Aug 04, 2019

By Chris P.

The issue isn’t so much the maint fed rising. Well yes they have been rising ridiculously each year but what really screwed everyone was the VAT! It went from 7.5% to now 12 with no end in sight! This is the real issue.

1 month ago
Aug 04, 2019

page 4 of 4

«  prev page   1 2 3 4   next page  »

Reply to Topic

Available only to RedWeek.com Guests and Members
Sign in or register for free