General Discussion

Royal HOliday is a scam

Apr 03, 2022

Hello Linda,

I do hope you get this message. Were you able to finally get a cancellation on your membership? I was able to get my deposit reversed via my credit card company after requesting a dispute but RHVC is still refusing to cancel the membership. I have formally requested via email 19 times for cancellation, spoken to a lawyer and given information on what to say to them in my request, entered into a complaint with BBB which is now closed based on their reasoning that the company answered my complaints but never solved anything, I have entered a complaint with PROFECO and never heard back from them. The QA person from RHVC only responds with quoting Clause 9 of the contract which has inaccurate wording, stating that I cannot cancel. My next option is the written letter to Head Office, however I have no idea how to professionally word it or hire a lawyer. If you have had any success in cancelling PLEASE offer guidance. Thank you in Advance.

Christine G.
Jul 10, 2022

You can easily cancel a Mexico timeshare as Mexico does not sell timeshares but vacation clubs. First, they should not have your social security number. Regardless. they cannot affect your credit rating. There is nothing they can do if you cancel.

W. R.
Nov 10, 2022

These corrupt and dishonest people gave us an annuity 30 years ago and promised to repay our purchase price. When the 30 years was up, we found out they had never purchased or paid for our annuity. They tried to get us to accept $913.99 instead of the $10,000 the annuity would have been worth if properly invested. We believe they have pulled this scam with thousands of of other Owners in the United States, Canada and Europe. We told them what to do with their offer. We likewise, told them our contract with them was null and void because of the fraud they committed on the annuity. To get even with us they refused to provide us with a replacement MONTH….which we had paid for……a vacation in the fall of 2021.We had fully paid for the points required, the all inclusive charges and the insurance.. We could not take this one month vacation because of the rampant spread of Covid 19 in Cancun at that time. We calculate these scammers owe us in excess of $16,000 and thus far they have made no effort to pay an honest price for the annuity or to replace the one month vacation. There is a special place in hell for these people who rip off senior citizens, They are a disgrace to the Mexican people…whom they also scam.

Ronald Griebell and Sandra Hahnenkratt .

Ronald G.
Oct 27, 2023

Hey Everyone,

Same situation happened on my end in June 2023 with Royal Holiday.

Except I was in Punta Cana. We paid a deposit and after we signed on the dotted line, my husband and I instantly regretted it. We went back the next morning demanding a refund and cancellation.

So our membership is cancelled but STILL have not received a refund of the deposit (deposit was made with a credit card).

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated since this contract was signed in DR.

W. P.
Oct 28, 2023

wendellynp wrote:

Except I was in Punta Cana. We paid a deposit and after we signed on the dotted line, my husband and I instantly regretted it. We went back the next morning demanding a refund and cancellation.

So our membership is cancelled but STILL have not received a refund of the deposit (deposit was made with a credit card).

You can try filing a dispute with your credit card company, although there are no guarantees.

Did you follow the rescission instructions that were given to you in the contract when you signed it? The instructions usually tell you to send a letter via certified mail rather than going back to the office.

Lance C.
Oct 30, 2023

Did you try to cancel the contract by sending them an email? I was able to cancel one contract with much bigger company in Mexico within 5 days and got 100% of money back from US credit card. Plus, the Royal Holiday most likely drafted the contract based on other country law. Check the contract what is a cancellation window. Read a lot of information online about cancellation. Choose the strategy you comfortable with. I dropped the Royal Holiday because the total cost of my vacations including my contract plus annual fees was much higher compare with what I can get here in US from major travel sites. I just stopped to pay them several years ago. They threatened by sending letters. However, I didn't hear from them for last three years. My credit is still unchanged.

wendellynp wrote:
Hey Everyone,

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated since this contract was signed in DR.

Klim G.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.