Timeshare Companies

Meritage Management > New company wanting to buy your time share

Dec 12, 2012

It's a scam. Don't get involved with them. They make you an unbelievable offer for your timeshare claiming there is no upfront money. Then as soon as they set the hook they come up with some " fee " that has to be paid before they can sell it. Your money and the scammers disappear right after that.

Don P.
Dec 21, 2012

New Timeshare Company Scams!!! Beware of Beyond Marketing Group out of Louisiana and Unlimited Financial Services, Madison, Wisconsin. Frank Fernandez out of La. and Abraham Stern in Madison. They are the new scammers on the block! Don't get sucked in!

Paula R.
Dec 21, 2012

paular154 wrote:
New Timeshare Company Scams!!! Beware of Beyond Marketing Group out of Louisiana and Unlimited Financial Services, Madison, Wisconsin. Frank Fernandez out of La. and Abraham Stern in Madison. They are the new scammers on the block! Don't get sucked in!

They are probably not "the new scammers on the block". Likely these are new aliases for these people who have been running the same scam for years.

Their method is to run a scam under one name. Then, after they've scammed a number of people, they shut down in order to evade the authorities and irate victims, then resurface under new names.

Lance C.
Dec 27, 2012

I got the call from someone at Net Management Group this week, offering $46k for our Grand Mayan 1+1 weeks. Clearly a scam just like all the others.

dianec209 wrote:
calling me for resale of my timeshare . Has anyone heard of them or dealt with them?

Scott H.
Dec 27, 2012

There is NO ONE. I repeat NOBODY -- in any aspect of the timeshare business who is honest. They are ALL crooks who should be rotting in prison, but the corrupt politicians you elect to office make sure their scams are protected by law.

David K.

Last edited by phyl21 on Dec 28, 2012 10:31 AM

Apr 09, 2013

I am ashamed to say that I really fell for this SCAM!! This happened one year ago and I wish I had seen this chain. I can't believe I really fell for this scam. We went through all the same steps that everybody has described. We wired funds to a bank in Mexico and after that we never heard from them again. Meritage Management and Silver Start disappeared. Never answered our calls or emails again. We tried to retrieve the wired funds with NO success via our bank. I'm ashamed at myself for believing them. I tried to do research online and we did not find anything about scams. I wonder if we were one of the first ones targeted. We did not, however, contact the government to check up on addresses, etc. I would join anybody in a Class Action Lawsuit if there is enough of us. I doubt that we would get our money back, but this would be an attempt to prevent them and other scammers from doing this to others.

-------------------------------------- Now, the reason for my post was to share our experience and also share that I have receive a call from another gentleman from INT Network Transfers. He indicates that he has a client that was buying the timeshare for us, but Meritage Management disappeared. They are representing the client who still wants to buy the condo, or just needs authorization from us to get they money that they deposited in an escrow account returned. They have sent me an agreement to sign with "an exclusive right to complete" the transaction. What is really scary to me, is that he knows exactly our agreed contract amount with Meritage Management, and the amount that was wired to Mexico (which apparently his client pre-paid). Does anybody know about this company or has had similar contact from them?

Ana C.
Apr 09, 2013

Rick, please see my last post on this chain..... have you been contacted recently about closing the transaction??

Ana C.
Apr 09, 2013

Susan, please look at my posting today on this chain.

I am curious if any other victims of this scam have been contacted recently about closing the transaction??

Ana C.
Apr 10, 2013

dianec209 wrote:
calling me for resale of my timeshare . Has anyone heard of them or dealt with them?

Bottom line, never ever pay a large upfront fee to list your timeshare with any socalled resale company .... they're all scams to get that upfront fee then you're history.

R P.
Apr 10, 2013

anac102 wrote:
-------------------------------------- Now, the reason for my post was to share our experience and also share that I have receive a call from another gentleman...

It's likely the same "gentleman" who scammed you in the first place. They just change their names and come up with different lines to separate you from your money.

Learn from your first mistake and don't get scammed again!

Lance C.
Apr 10, 2013

Anac102 I hate to inform you but they have you on the " sucker list ". They will continue to contact you and try to bleed you for more money until you finally get wise to their scam. Please don't ever send anyone money upfront. Anyone contacting you is a scammer. Use only a licensed real estate broker that will take his or her commission out of the proceeds.

Don P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.