Ask RedWeek

Pet Friendly Timeshares - Help my doggie join the party!

Feb 04, 2012

We have enjoyed time-sharing for around ten years and own three Marriott Weeks. My wife told me this year that we were getting a dog, and most timeshares don't welcome pets. Does anyone know of good ways to find pet friendly timeshares?

Would be great if Redweek added Pet Friendly to the advanced search.

David S.
Feb 05, 2012

This was from a post on TUG in 2008, however I don't know if it still applies .... I do know that Silverleaf resorts no longer allow pets so be sure and call any resort on this list beforehand:

RCI affiliates ID# RESORT NAME State, Province or Country 0039 St Ives On Shuswap, British Columbia 0087 Chateau Rouge Lodge MT 0104 Quadna Mountain Village MT 5487 Silverleaf's Apple Mountain Resort GA 0370 Silverleaf's Villages TX 0712 Silverleaf's Holly Lake Ranch TX 1029 Silverleaf's Hill Country Resort TX 1780 Silverleaf's Piney Shores Resort TX 2492 Silverleaf's Lake O' The Woods TX 5545 Silverleaf's Seaside Resort TX 0741 Silverleaf's Ozark Mountain Resort MO 4864 Silverleaf's Timber Creek Resort MO 1004 Silverleaf's Holiday Hills MO 4863 Silverleaf's Fox River Resort IL 5875 Silverleaf's Las Vegas Resort NV 1426 The Waves MD 1459 The Lodge At Kananaskis Alberta 1637 Banff Rocky Mountain Resort Alberta 1690 Lucayan MD 2524 The Plaza Resort And Spa CA 2887 Hotel Kananaskis Alberta 3187 Kala Point Village WA 3655 Chateau Canmore Resort Alberta 5002 Atlantic Resorts MD 5009 Caribe Beach Resort FL 5133 Rancho Ruidoso Condominiums NM 6047 RWVC At Kala Point WA 6048 RWVC At Snowater WA 2349 The Inn at Silvercreek CO 3283 Surrey Vacation Resort MO 4073 Surrey Vacation Resort/Carriage House MO 5389 Celebration World Resort FL 6148 White Point Vacation Club Nova Scotia 4955 Anfi Palace Muerren Switzerland

INTERVAL INTERNATIONAL affiliates ID RESORT NAME State, Province or Country SUG Grand Crowne Resorts MO CGE Carriage Place at Surrey Vacation Resort MO SVA Surrey Vacation Resort MO STJ St. Johann im Pongau Austria ALR Alpenland Sporthotel Austria MAA Maria Alm Austria LSP Signum Las Palmas FL KOH ILX: Premier Vacation Club at Kohl's Ranch Lodge (Kennel provided) AZ RCK ILX: Premier Vacation Club at Bell Rock Inn (Has pet units with dog runs) AZ GCN Villas of Gold Canyon (Dogs are permitted to stay w/their owner in the rooms for a $75 weekly cleaning fee.) AZ CGM Cabins at Green Mountain (Call for availability to Festiva Resorts Reservations) MO

PRIVATE RESIDENCE CLUBS Rancho Manana, an ILX Resort in Cave Creek, AZ

R P.
Feb 05, 2012

Thanks, this looks like a more complete list than the TUG notice I saw. Interval International has a pets allowed featue in advanced search. I don't know how many resorts allow pets and do not show on the Interval Search. I saw on another post, and confirmed on the phone, the Four Season Troon and Aviara both allow pets.

Wonder if this is a big deal to many people. We got our first dog after we had three weeks and our daughter left for college.

David S.
Feb 06, 2012

davids819 wrote:
We have enjoyed time-sharing for around ten years and own three Marriott Weeks. My wife told me this year that we were getting a dog, and most timeshares don't welcome pets. Does anyone know of good ways to find pet friendly timeshares?

Would be great if Redweek added Pet Friendly to the advanced search.

Hi David,

You can click on the "Find a Timeshare" tab and then look under "Features and Attractions" on the right side of the page and you'll see "Pet Friendly". We recommend that you always double check with the resort to make sure that they still are pet friendly and what the resort's policy is regarding pets.

Thanks, Marty

Marty F
Feb 06, 2012

Marty,

thanks for the response. I did not scroll down to see the pet friendly search before. It only returns 12 names in North America, and the list posted from TUG has around 50 names. I have also found that most Westgate Timeshares and th eTwo Four Seasons resorts allow pets.

I would still ask if dog owners would share personal knowledge of good timeshares which allow pets. There must be more names that are known by people who own or exchange there.

Thanks all.

David S.
Feb 10, 2012

davids819 wrote:
Marty,

thanks for the response. I did not scroll down to see the pet friendly search before. It only returns 12 names in North America, and the list posted from TUG has around 50 names. I have also found that most Westgate Timeshares and th eTwo Four Seasons resorts allow pets.

I would still ask if dog owners would share personal knowledge of good timeshares which allow pets. There must be more names that are known by people who own or exchange there.

Thanks all.

If you uncheck the "Display only resorts with timeshare rental postings" you will see 58 resorts but if you check that box is when it will show 13 in North America.

We would love to be able to add more pet friendly resorts since we feel there are a lot of travelers who would love to be able to take their pets with them. If there are any particular resorts that you know for sure that they allow pets please let us know and we will further research and add that information if the resort confirms it.

Thanks, Mary

Marty F
Feb 14, 2012

We would love to visit timeshares that allow our 2 small dogs. One of the high costs of travel is the $250 per week kennel cost for our dogs and the thought of leaving them alone in a cage for long periods of time. We own 4/8 weeks of TS and would love to go for a month at a time but we won't leave our 2 Shih Tsu's locked up for that long. I would be prepared to limit my TS exchanges to Pet FRiendly resorts if there were enough of them available.

Dennis M.
Feb 14, 2012

The Merriweather Resort at Ft Lauderdale Beach, where I own a week, welcomes pets. They are an RCI Resort. I believe they require a small non-refundable pet deposit. Their RCI indentifier is 0808. It's a casual beach resort right across the street from the ocean (as are most resorts in Ft Lauderdale). Best Regards; Chuck

Charles V.
Feb 14, 2012

Kohl's Ranch Lodge is pet friendly, but it is NOT an Interval International property. It will allow you to exchange through RCI ONLY. I have tried to exchange through II for the last two years, but the answer has been NO. I even contacted Diamond's CEO, who had a rep call me and tell me the same thing, RCI ONLY.

bernicone2@netscape.net

Bernard S.
Feb 14, 2012

Hello,

If you have dogs, why not rent a house or condo? There are plenty of people that are allergic to pets including myself! I hate to be rude, but most pet owners are irresponsible.....they take their dogs walking and let their dogs crap everywhere without cleaning up. I am SO glad that most timeshares are very strict about not allowing pets. Having had a timeshare for a long time, you knew what their rules were about pets.

Njide Y.
Feb 15, 2012

Yes, we are going to look at some condo rental near Phoenix while we are enjoying our timeshare next month. since I already own three timeshare week, I would hope to be able to exchange and take my doggie along on some of our vacations. The rental market has been very slow.

We experienced the people not picking up after their dogs at our favorite Residence Inn. there were lots of piles outside the front door. Now, there is a $100 fee for pets. My dog always waits for me to pick up his doodies. He knows that I keep them in the treasure chest in the garage. Daddy is so happy when he makes.

I have allergies and have had shots and medication for 35 years. My wife sent me a link to "Allergy Friendly Dogs" we have a Havanese which does not shed and does not bother my allergies. We stayed two hours at the breeder's home playing with several dogs. I wore a short sleeve shirt so the puppies could lick me and let me test for allergies to saliva as well as hair. The Havanese is one of many breeds which do not shed and are "Allergy Friendly". I do not agree with claims of hypoallergenic, because any dog that walks around outside is bringing allergens in with him.

See more abput allergy friendly dogs here

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/allergy.htm

A breeder talks about allergies here:

http://www.arbenshavanese.com/about-us.php

David S.
Feb 15, 2012

I bought a timeshare at Kala Point Village near Port Townsend, Washington because it is such a great place for pets. They allow up to 2 pets with no size restrictions for dogs, and the fee is $30 per pet. The timeshare resort is in a gated community, which has over a mile of private beach and lots of trails. Dogs can be off leash at the beach, and it is dog heaven!

Deb P.
Feb 18, 2012

Thank you for the pet friendly resorts! We already had Kala Point Village and Kohl's Ranch Lodge listed as pet friendly. We didn't have Merriweather Resort listed as pet friendly so that resort page has been updated.

Please keep the pet friendly timeshare information coming!

Thank you!

Marty

Marty F
Jan 03, 2017

There have been timeshares, as there are hotels including luxury brands, that set aside specific units for pet owners. Simple.

Ev L.
Jan 03, 2017

Yes it's a big deal to us & many others we know. Friends with dogs won't buy timeshares because they can't bring their dog but we are already longtime timeshare owners. We've always had a dog but now we're able to be away longer so we want to bring him along. Just 9 lb. & housetrained.

Unless we can find more very nice timeshares that are pet-friendly we will have to rent out our weeks at our home resort & use the money to rent condos, hotels etc. Where small dogs are allowed. I have also contacted 2 resorts who will not honor certified Emotional Support Pets - there must be a physical disability like blindness. I also spoke with the Office of the President of Marriott - others have complained but there are no known plans to change their policy.

davids819 wrote:
Thanks, this looks like a more complete list than the TUG notice I saw. Interval International has a pets allowed featue in advanced search. I don't know how many resorts allow pets and do not show on the Interval Search. I saw on another post, and confirmed on the phone, the Four Season Troon and Aviara both allow pets.

Wonder if this is a big deal to many people. We got our first dog after we had three weeks and our daughter left for college.

Ev L.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.