Ask RedWeek

Wyndham Buy back Program

Mar 10, 2015

Would be very interested if Wyndham would like to buy back our deeds.

Chris S.

Last edited by chriss956 on Mar 10, 2015 01:27 PM

Mar 10, 2015

Don't even think about it! This is just another lie told by desperate salespeople.

chriss956 wrote:

Lolli S.
Mar 11, 2015

chriss956 wrote:

Some might take them back but not necessarily buy them back. Some resorts, before taking deeds back, will require that you pay closing costs and even the next maintenance fees.

Lance C.
Jun 18, 2015

Wyndham will take back your deeds. I got this done with mine, you just have to find the right people to talk to.

Opal W.
Jun 18, 2015

You can get this done by talking to the right people.

Opal W.
Jun 19, 2015

Where did you own and who did you talk to?

Lolli S.
Jun 21, 2015

Who were you able to get to but back your deed?

Sandra L.
Jul 20, 2015

Who did you talk with at Wyndham? I need them to take back title to my place.

Dan F.
Jul 21, 2015

I too suckered into the Buy Back Program...the rule is "your property must be paid off and then you can only get a small percentage back" . I found a company with legal firm that can get you OUT OF YOUR CONTRACT/DEED. Contact me and I will give you the firm's name/number, etc. I will be glad to tell you my experience....what a relief to be rid of a heavy burden.

Gail W.

Last edited by gailm69 on Jul 21, 2015 07:43 PM

Jul 21, 2015

Not true.

Opal W.
Jul 22, 2015

gailm69 wrote:
I too suckered into the Buy Back Program...the rule is "your property must be paid off and then you can only get a small percentage back" . I found a company with legal firm that can get you OUT OF YOUR CONTRACT/DEED. Contact me and I will give you the firm's name/number, etc. I will be glad to tell you my experience....what a relief to be rid of a heavy burden.

It's a SCAM !!!! NEVER pay anyone money upfront to get you out of your contract. They just want your upfront money and then they will claim they need even more money to help you. This will go on until you stop sending them money. They will put you on the " sucker list " and you will be contacted down the road by someone who claims that they can get back the money you lost to the scammers. It's one of the oldest scams in here. It's the equivalent to the Nigerian lottery scam. Don't fall for it.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Jul 22, 2015 07:38 AM

Jul 22, 2015

i assume talking to the right people TALK TO PEOPLE ON THE CORPARATE LEVEL if it is paid off it can happen

Jim B.
Jul 24, 2015

You are wrong. I talked to about 10 people before I did this....it works, and I'm happy. You can get out of the contract/deed, sell points, or keep a portion of what you bought. NO SCAM.

Gail W.
Jul 24, 2015

This company IS NOT PART OF WYNDHAM.

Gail W.
Dec 30, 2015

I am a little intrigued by your message. My husband and I got roped into purchasing half a purchase (84,000) points. We live in Canada and can't afford it. Of course they preyed on our emotions the day of the presentation. In any event I would just like to give it back to them and not have to pay for it anymore. We are three years into the payments and financed it through them. So in purchasing it for $15,000 we still owe over $10,000. Do you know of anyway I can get rid of it?

notb wrote:
Wyndham is nothing but a scam. DO NOT invest any money in their buyback program. It's just another way for them to steal money from you. If you were as stupid as I was and purchased a Wyndham property, your best bet is to pay it off then find a company to donate it to. The only reason that Wyndham is still in business is that they do not record their salespeople when they are selling the timeshares to people. If they did, they would be convicted of fraud. I was told that A. My timeshare would increase in value, B. If I ever wanted to sell it, I would be able to make a profit, and C. The mortgage would be tax deductible. All of these were lies. The buyback program is just another opportunity for them to stick it in a little deeper. If anyone is reading this, I have an idea: Get a group of people together, and each of you send letters to 10 senior homes explaining what Wyndham really is (a legal con operation). This might make it harder for them to screw people during the sales presentations. That's all.

P.S.: Wyndham is mafia owned. The reason I didn't put my real name and email address in here is that I don't want to get shot walking to the bus one morning.

Sheila H.
Dec 30, 2015

Do you have anyone in particular that can be contacted?

opalw3 wrote:
Wyndham will take back your deeds. I got this done with mine, you just have to find the right people to talk to.

Sheila H.
Dec 30, 2015

Hi Gail, thank you for your reply. There are so many Gail White's in fb. Is your pic the same as on Red Week?

gailm69 wrote:
You are not correct in all of this. I can help you. Contact me on fb PM Gail White. I'll be glad to share my info with you to take care of your problems.

Sheila H.
Dec 31, 2015

sheilah184 wrote:
Do you have anyone in particular that can be contacted?

Go tho the Timeshare Companies forum and check out the pinned thread "Wyndham's new "Ovation" program offers exit solutions for their owners... interested?"

Since your mortgage is not paid off, I would have a talk with the people in charge at Wyndham as well as your mortgage lender to work out an amicable solution. But whatever you do, never, ever pay anyone a large upfront fee to sell, rent out, market, or "cancel" your timeshare. There are many predators out there that claim they can get owners out of their timeshares where maintenance fees and mortgages are still owed.

Lance C.
May 27, 2016

Is it possible for someone to send me a number I can call regarding the Buy Back Program? We have a paid -off timeshare we are trying to get rid of.

Kimberly B.
May 27, 2016

Wyndham had a brief period where if you bought an additional points package you could get a buy back contract. They no longer offer this. You are looking for Ovations which is just a take back, not buy back. Check timeshare systems- Wyndham and you will find the Ovations posts.

Tracey S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.