Timeshare Companies

Open Letter to Steve Cloobeck, Diamond Resorts International CEO

Jun 16, 2017

Well if nothing else, I will have wasted their time as mine has been waisted. The way I was treated was absurd and I have a daughter and 5 yr old grandson that was a witness to the police being brought in and the discussion we had. I don't care what kind of abilities they have to change my agreement really! It was deceitful all the same. I have a timeshare amenity I CAN NOT USE AS I WAS TOLD I COULD. I HAVE A NOW $925 a yr MAINTENANCE FEE. For that cost I could rent a villa for a week somewhere! It IS a scam! I am stuck with something now for life?! It was 15 yrs ago that I made this purchase that I was excited about as a young mother of 4! If I would have not been sold the story that I could come whenever to use amenities I WOULD NOT HAVE BOUGHT THIS TIMESHARE! THE WAY I WAS TREATED so very wrong and again with my witnesses maybe I will have a sympathetic judge...but don't worry... I will not be holding my breath for that either KatherineR

irenep59 wrote:
Katherine and David: Katherine: The timeshare contract is a developer based contract and they can change anything for any reason at anytime so your attempt to file a lawsuit is useless on a change in benefits. If you think your are angry, imagine Irene Allen with 139,000 points suspended for a year for posting one rental ad on the advice of her sales agent. She must pay $2400 a month in mortgage while the account is suspended and $29,000 in maintenance fees. Two other families are affected all holding contracts that say they can rent.

If you would like to publish an article about your experience in an effort to warn consumers that many of the benefits at the time of a timeshare purchase could be taken away please find me at Inside Timeshare. We are ILX and had at least three benefits change.

David: Gold Key has a Facebook not a website. What website were you referring to? I am interacting with 17 attorneys who provide legal updates for our Advocacy Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/DiamondResortsOwnersAdvocacy/ but I was not aware of Hawaii. Polo Towers, Virginia and Ka'anapali Maui have the most complaints referred to us. I have had several members file complaints with the Hawaii Attorney General because they feel they were sold by deceit and bait and switch with programs to upgrade to get heirs released, renting opportunities, maintenance fee relief programs and upgrades so they can sell points. None of these benefits exist. The Hawaii AG has been unusually responsive. Maybe the lawsuit you referred to is the reason. Thank you for the Hawaii information. We are looking for it on Pacer.

I am going to Va Beach Circuit Court and file lawsuit! We will see if jury will be sympathetic to this and I will keep u posted. I want to be paid for the timeshare and all the maintenance fees paid to date is all. A total of 18,925.00 dollars!

davidl712 wrote: Here is the announcement for which we have all been waiting! The lawsuit has been filed! It was filed Friday in Federal District Court in Hawaii. COPP will be mailing out a note with the lawsuit attached. It will also be going up on our website. I think that we will have DRI's attention now! What did Mr. C say? Yes, that's right, there are "10" unhappy customers. We'll see

Reply to This Message

Avatar for katheriner117 katheriner117

5 days ago

Katherine R.
Jun 17, 2017

And Yes... would love to write article about this experience to warn others!

Katherine R.
Jul 23, 2017

Nothing that I have read about him surprises me in the least bit .

If anyone calls when you watch the undercover boss version he was too snooty to stay in a hotel that was budget oriented he walked in the hotel said that wasn't happening and Wednesday to his high-end hotel !

We stayed at when his resorts in Williamsburg his commercials was what he saw every time you turn the TV on with how I am here for you if you have any issues please contact me my contact information is at the front desk blah blah blah . He promised that he answered every email he is a liar ... I emailed him we had numerous problems and he's just really a POS !

Dawn W.
Jul 23, 2017

dawnp36 wrote:
Nothing that I have read about him surprises me in the least bit .

If anyone calls when you watch the undercover boss version he was too snooty to stay in a hotel that was budget oriented he walked in the hotel said that wasn't happening and Wednesday to his high-end hotel !

We stayed at when his resorts in Williamsburg his commercials was what he saw every time you turn the TV on with how I am here for you if you have any issues please contact me my contact information is at the front desk blah blah blah . He promised that he answered every email he is a liar ... I emailed him we had numerous problems and he's just really a POS !

I'm not disagreeing with or questioning your assessment of Cloobeck. But just bear in mind that the episode in question originally aired a few years ago. Secondly, Cloobeck is no longer the head honcho at Diamond.

Lance C.
Aug 09, 2017

This thread should be discontinued. Michael Flaskey is the current DRI CEO having followed David Palmer. Cloobeck is running for Governor of Nevada so complaints should be directed to Nevada newspapers.

Irene P.
Sep 30, 2017

God is so proud of you.Man you are the best undercover Boss ever.Just seen it again and tears flowing again . I couldn't love you more if you would have done that for me God put you where you are because you are you! You are special Dude very special and I don't know if you even know it.I Thank GOD for you.I have stayed at one of your resorts.Im a lifer Steve because of what you did .Would love to get to meet the man.Not many like you SIR. Kathy Carpenter 9189356270 I want nothing just to meet you on phone.Your one of Gods angels.Thank you for being you my dear friend

Kathy C.
Sep 30, 2017

You are the man.Best undercover boss ever cried both times. I have stayed at one of your resorts Loved it and didn't know what you had done at the time.All you people about this man your all jealous and want something from him.Stephen I want nothing more than to make sure you understand your awesome dude.I will be a lifer at your resorts because of the man YOU Are You are special.Its important to me that you know that.I would love to know you seen this.Cant please them call Steve most of them want something for nothing.Shame on you people God is watching you also and he knows your hearts.Better check you out leave Stephen alone God might strike back.GOD bless you Sir makes me a better person

Kathy C.

Last edited by phyl21 on Sep 30, 2017 09:35 PM

Sep 30, 2017

He is wonderful Person who replied to Carol834 your a loser .God has a place for people like you.Dont worry Stephen won't be ther nor Carl834 or myself. You will beg for a drink of water and you won't get it

Kathy C.

Last edited by phyl21 on Sep 30, 2017 09:38 PM

Sep 30, 2017

Amen

Kathy C.
Sep 30, 2017

10 unhappy to how many over joyed you crybaby bet your never happy

Kathy C.
Oct 01, 2017

Sounds like someone is off their meds .

Don P.
Oct 02, 2017

donp196 wrote:
Sounds like someone is off their meds .

...and / or lost their handy pocket guide to coherent use of the English language.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Oct 02, 2017 07:17 AM

Oct 03, 2017

She's a Cloobeck for Governor voter. Steve just donated $400,000 too the victims of the Mandalay Bay Massacre. It's good to see he's giving back.

Robert R.
Nov 24, 2018

Thanks.

Robert R.
Feb 24, 2019

Hi, Please respond and tell me about the out come of your lawsuit. Thank you

davidl712 wrote:
Here is the announcement for which we have all been waiting! The lawsuit has been filed! It was filed Friday in Federal District Court in Hawaii. COPP will be mailing out a note with the lawsuit attached. It will also be going up on our website. I think that we will have DRI's attention now! What did Mr. C say? Yes, that's right, there are "10" unhappy customers. We'll see

Sam O.
Feb 24, 2019

Hello Let me know if this is a happened to you I purchased a timeshare sampler pack and they mailed me a statement saying that I have a mortgage. How do I get my money back. Mr owner of Diamond resorts

Sam O.

Last edited by samo37 on Feb 24, 2019 03:50 PM

Mar 01, 2019

There have been many Sampler complaints for a variety of reasons. Many members have reported their Sampler dispute resolved if it was purchased in the not too distant past. Diamond has been pretty good helping members. There is a Facebook over 2600 Diamond members supporting other members and a team that answers regulatory filing questions if you would like to join. The Facebook was launched by an economics professor. Do not pay anyone to get out of a Sampler. It's not enough money for anyone to become involved anyway. https://www.facebook.com/groups/DiamondResortsOwnersAdvocacy/

Irene P.
Apr 18, 2019

Hi I am one of those Sampler Packages. We were totally lied to on how we could use it. I have been trying to get my money back since last October/ November 2018. I would love to know more about these issues. We were promised we could take our "dream vacation" in Europe. Come to find out... we can't use any of the points out of the country! Totally screwed us out of our dream vacation and MONEY! Now we can't afford to go. So embarrassed and disappointed.

Terri W.
May 25, 2019

Dear Steve, My name is Jay Sciarappa. I am currently 52 years old. I was born and raised in Brooklyn New York until I joined the US Navy in 1985. I stayed in the Navy 10 active years and then left the military with an honarable discharge in 1995/1996. I currently work for International Paper in Rome Georgia as an operations reliability manager. ( I make a good salary 150k but would give it up for an opportunity that I always dreamed of). I’m not much of a TV watcher, but did watch your show last night on undercover boss (Diamond Resorts). Why I am writing this email to you is because you reminded me so much of myself in the way when you walked into some of your hotels/resorts and couldn’t believe what you were witnessing with the way the properties were being ran. (You pay high wages I’m sure to upper management for overseeing your expectations). Obviously in this case it wasn’t happening. Enough of that. What I wanted to say is I’m that guy when you walked into your hotels..My wife thinks I’m crazy because anywhere we go , that’s me. I’ll walk into a department store (Lowe’s for example, and say this place is a mess, look at all these people standing around etc... I always turn to my wife and say, boy I wish ran these stores , I would have a field day with the managers. My wife always shakes her head and says keep dreaming. I replied to her if I ran all these stores I would save each store 200k plus a year or better if I ran them ( High expectations).just like the way you demonstrated on your show). I’m that guy.. I always say the same things when I stay at hotels or on cruises( We travel a lot). I would tell my wife, why doesn’t anyone see this mess by the pool, why is the landscaping behind etc... it drives me crazy. Well what I’m saying is if you ever need “That guy” I would love to meet you and have a real discussion one day. My wife says I always dream big but thinks I’m crazy to still dream at the age of 52. I told her I always worked hard and will still give 110% until the day I retire. Just like my dad did. Well Steve, like I tell my wife, this email is a long shot, just like when I bet the Kentucky Derby every year, I bet the long shots.

Thank You Kindly Sir, Jay Sciarappa Rome Ga 1-706-346-6003

James S.
May 29, 2019

Jay Cloobeck is no longer in power at Diamond. This thread should be eliminated. Cloobeck is the only Undercover Boss that had to be filmed twice because the first time he made the mistake of saying any Diamond member not happy, he would give the money back. Given over 900 members alone complained to the AZ AG of unfair and deceptive practices, the company was flooded with requests from members asking for their money back, so they had to film a second episode not saying this. It sounds like you have good skills, apply for a company that is worthy of your skills. In my opinion, after hearing from 731 families who bought Diamond points, most describing how they are financially devastated, dismissed with "You signed a contract," repeat offenders allowed to sell unchecked, find a company you would feel comfortable. You sound like an honest person.

Irene P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.