Timeshare Companies

Has anyone dealt with Pacific Transfer inc. or selltimeshare.org ?

Dec 10, 2015

They are a rip of company 3.6 years ago I gave them $3k to sell my timeshare, they have not done anything. I work in Torrance and have been to the office numerous times. They are running a scam everyone knows now, please report them so hopefully they will be closed down. Pls check channel 2 ,4,7 Google investigations into timeshares. Sorry you have lost your money

Denys B.
Jan 08, 2016

Have you got your new deeds yet? I had dealings with them in 2013-14. They had to redo mine due to errors etc. I signed them as requested and sent them back for new deeds and I am still waiting. They were doing this for VOG- VOFinancial, a rip off bunch that has gone underground, so to speak. oilhand@gmail.com

rugerk wrote:
I purchase a timeshare on e-bay from selltimeshare.org and they are using Pacific Transfer inc. for escrow and title here in calif. I'm having a hard time with them we have e-mail some but they are not returning my phone calls. Its been to months and I still don't know when I will get the timeshare. Please tell me what you all think. if I don't hear from them soon I'm going to file papers with the Att. gen. in both states i guess fla and calif. and small claim court i guess. I,m in calif.

Glen B.
Jan 09, 2016

Sorry you have lost your money, please report them to the state. I work in Torrance so I know first hand. Please read my message above thanks

Denys B.
Jan 20, 2016

Thanks In trying to get my problems corrected I was asked to sign the deeds back and return them for the corrected ones which I did. I have been given excuses but no new deeds. This last company was a different one, IN LESS TIME CLOSINGS. This dates back to 2012 & 2013. They are still in business but they are not helping solve the problem. I am not sure if they can't or won't do what is right. Thanks again. GB

Glen B.
Feb 09, 2017

I have been with this company about 5 years and recently they told me my file had been taken to a so called Michael Bell a lawyer and it should be finished soon! Bell had to be paid $300 for his work but every time I called they said MBell had not returned the papers . I paid them $1895 at the beginning . It's 3 deeds with Diamond resorts . I just cant afford their maintenance fees any more. At beginning I bought a week in BrAnson Mo. then converted and got points to make it 1500. I'm sure I started the process in 2012 and it's still not finished in 2017. I called every so often and this past week all the phone numbers associated with them are all busy! Trying to find a phone number that answers but I'm stuck! Does anyone has a phone that they will answer? I live in NY state so I'm far. I need the phones for BBB in California too. Help as I'm in my late years and need to get rid of this! Thanks!

Thelma S.
Feb 09, 2017

NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract.

Don P.
Feb 09, 2017

thelmas17 wrote:
I have been with this company about 5 years and recently they told me my file had been taken to a so called Michael Bell a lawyer and it should be finished soon! Bell had to be paid $300 for his work but every time I called they said MBell had not returned the papers . I paid them $1895 at the beginning . It's 3 deeds with Diamond resorts . I just cant afford their maintenance fees any more. At beginning I bought a week in Branson Mo. then converted and got points to make it 1500. I'm sure I started the process in 2012 and it's still not finished in 2017. I called every so often and this past week all the phone numbers associated with them are all busy! Trying to find a phone number that answers but I'm stuck! Does anyone has a phone that they will answer? I live in NY state so I'm far. I need the phones for BBB in California too. Help as I'm in my late years and need to get rid of this! Thanks!

Diamond has been taking back ownerships directly for a flat fee of $250 (per deed, I believe) for quite a while now. Have you pursued that? It's only an option if all annual fees are paid up to date. It's surely better (and much quicker) than just getting strung along for YEARS on end by deceitful people who, in the end, are NOT going to do ANYTHING for you except to tell you more stories, require more bogus fees and create more delays and offer more excuses. It's certainly worth looking into a DRI-direct "deedback" as a real and genuine alternative. Unfortunately, you will never recover any of the money that you have already paid to those other thieving, lying parasites. call DRI directly and ask for the pertinent details and procedures concerning their ($250 fee) "deedback" program.

You can call BBB, but please understand very clearly that BBB has absolutely NO legal authority and NO power of any kind whatsoever. BBB is a paid membership "club" --- no more, no less. You can certainly file a BBB complaint, but doing so won't actually produce any results except to potentially make others aware of your unfortunate experience.

Approaching DRI directly for a "deedback" is frankly your best and only remaining move. Call them. Do it soon. They could to take the deedback option off the table at any time.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Feb 15, 2017 03:09 PM

Feb 09, 2017

How do you do this deed back ? I just want my name off and not hear about them anymore! I think their offices are in Vegas and I do go in May ! And who do you contact to speak about it?

Thelma S.
Feb 09, 2017

Pick up the phone and call them. Make sure you talk to someone who handles the deeds. It might take a few phone calls. If they agree they may want you to pay the next years maintenance fees to give them time to find a new owner. If they work with you the process should take only a few weeks. I got rid of two timeshares in 2011 that way. Good luck and make it a priority to contact them.

Don P.
Jul 20, 2017

I paid them money over 5 years ago. I always got the run around. It was the second company I tried to get rid of my timeshare (Club Regina in Puerto Vallarta). Now I'm looking into TimeshareExitTeam and the Newton Group, each of which charge ~$5,000 to get out of contracts. I wish there was an easier way. I've been paying maintenance fees since 2005 and see no end in sight. I can't give mine away. It's so frustrating.

Lara C.

Last edited by larac37 on Jul 20, 2017 03:35 PM

Jul 20, 2017

larac37 wrote:
I paid them money over 5 years ago. I always got the run around. It was the second company I tried to get rid of my timeshare (Club Regina in Puerto Vallarta). Now I'm looking into TimeshareExitTeam and the Newton Group, each of which charge ~$5,000 to get out of contracts. I wish there was an easier way. I've been paying maintenance fees since 2005 and see no end in sight. I can't give mine away. It's so frustrating.

You need to get a grip on the fact that NO ONE can get you out of a legally binding contractual obligation, no matter how much money you throw at them in your desperation. NO "escape / rescue / exit / relief" outfit has any magic beans or secret processes. NONE!

If you just plain STOP paying fees to that Mexican outfit, they will cancel your "membership" --- so what? Why keep paying those parasites for something that you don't want? After all, you don't actually OWN anything there, you merely have a right to use (RTU) contract to access and utilize the property. You are certainly not going to get any money back in ANY scenario, so why not just STOP throwing good money after bad? What am I missing here?

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jul 20, 2017 03:47 PM

Jul 20, 2017

They have been closed don't answer the phone and u can't get a hold of them

Thelma S.
Jul 20, 2017

My timeshare has been paid in full for many years now. I know that I will not receive any money back. Now I'm just left with maintenance fees. My timeshare is associated with Raintree and payments are made within the US to RVC Members. What happens if you stop paying maintenance fees? Will it appear on your credit report? How many others just quit paying? What were the results?

Lara C.
Jul 21, 2017

larac37 wrote:
My timeshare has been paid in full for many years now. I know that I will not receive any money back. Now I'm just left with maintenance fees. My timeshare is associated with Raintree and payments are made within the US to RVC Members. What happens if you stop paying maintenance fees? Will it appear on your credit report? How many others just quit paying? What were the results?

There is unfortunately no "one size fits all" answer to this "what happens" question if you stop paying maintenance fees on a timeshare in in the U.S.

If there is an unpaid loan on a timeshare, defaulting on that loan will obviously (and promptly) result in a negative credit report "hit" --- that much is a certainty. If the timeshare is fully "paid off" and you stop paying maintenance fees, at some point (after collection efforts), foreclosure will be ultimately initiated. However, whether or not a post-foreclosure negative credit report "hit" occurs in the latter "no loan involved" situation cannot be reliably predicted; it depends entirely upon the individual company / HOA practices and policies.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jul 21, 2017 03:12 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.