Marriott's Aruba Surf Club

My reservation is not mine?

May 11, 2013

I'm more than happy to share the confirmation # from this past December (883348741). I don't believe the owner was in on the scam. The Marriott property managers were familiar with Rohan McClure. They said he has a reputation of getting customers down to Aruba and then having them move room to room with excess capacity he can get from property owners. BTW, who is Diana and how is she assisting you?

I've filed a complaint with Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services Division of Consumer Services. They're in charge of Timeshare fraud. Unfortunately, they said since it's out of state they didn't have jurisdiction. They passed it to the Real Estate division since he's licensed. Hasn't gone anywhere. This won't do anything to get my money back.

Until I can locate a permanent address of this scum, I won't be able to have him served by suing in small claims court. Therefore, anyone that can locate Rohan McClure, I'd be very grateful.

Jeff G.
May 11, 2013

How did you pay Rohan? If by credit card, you should be able to get your money back through your credit card company.

Courtney S.
May 28, 2013

Hi, I am new here and I have also been victimized by Rohan McClure. I have asked the Marriott if they would put me in touch with "Diana" in the hopes that she could help me, but I don't seem to be getting anywhere. Would it be possible to get the contact information for Diana at the Marriott? Thank you.

Courtney J.
May 28, 2013

So sorry to hear about Rohan, he is not a good person. All Diana was able to do for me was to forward information to Marriott and verify that I was not the one on the reservation. He had an actual Marriott confirmation number for the dates I requested; however, it was not mine. Marriott was concerned that the number was valid and for the dates I requested, but the name on the reservation was not mine and could not be mine as it was a timeshare swap which cannot be rented. I would file a complaint with the Florida License Board. If they have enough complaints they will suspend his license. I would also file a police report (you can do this at your local station). It is a felony in Florida to cash a check with the intent to fruad. If you need to get another room, I could recommend another company. So far I have had great luck with them and they take credit cards, so you have the option to get your money back if the services are not rendered.

Sharon W.
May 28, 2013

I already filed a complaint with FL DBPR against his real estate license, but surprisingly, there were no other complaints on record. Did you file a complaint or a police report? It looks like he has stolen over $10k just from vicitims who subscribe to this thread alone.

Courtney J.
Jun 12, 2013

I have all of his contact information. We rent to him and he is scamming us. Feel free to call me 516-942-8734 or email me Stewartplazaltd@yahoo.com I am sure a lot of people are having this problem. We should be able to get the police after him and have a class action suit.

E C.
Jun 13, 2013

Everyone, I have new information if Rohan has taken money from you through Marriott. Please send me your contact information at sharon.wilhoite@thomson.com and I will get in touch with you. I need to get this as soon as possible. I do not want to post it on the blog per their request.

Sharon W.
Jun 13, 2013

This is the biggest reason not to rent to third parties. Also so important that when you rent from someone. You make sure that you call the resort and check that YOUR NAME is on it. Not another company name. Sorry to hear all the trouble this has caused these people. Sound like you have some direction on it. take care

Carol S.
Jun 13, 2013

I to was scammed by Rohan mcclure back in february. I was able to receive half my money back from my credit card but am still out the other half. I tried everything to get my money back to no avail. I have all his fake feel bad for me emails documented. he actually went as far as to have a lawyer send me a letter to pay me if I backed off. When my attorney contacted his attorney we realized it was just a friend doing him a favor. I would love to nail this guy!

Julianne C.
Jun 13, 2013

I got the same attorney letter. It's not a friend. It's one of those $40/month law services. I'm sure he just deleted my name and put yours in.

Jeff G.
Jun 13, 2013

did you verify the broker license number .if so you can report to the DRE. department of Real Estate

Cesar K.
Jun 13, 2013

Reading All this post it looks like there are SO many scams in this site....wow. I am thinking to rent a week to gift my brother and it seems no one wants escrow, they want a personal or bank check.

Cesar K.
Jun 13, 2013

I am a Real Estate broker in California , I sell residential homes. If someone is defrauded by an agent or a broker you report this to the DRE and FBI and I can asure you he will be put in jail for long time. I have never rented from this site, so now I am afraid to do so. If I use an escrow company is that 100% safe?

Cesar K.
Jun 13, 2013

It's not the site. It's person specific, Rohan McClure. The mistake I made as well as others is that we rented through a broker on this site. I've dealt directly with owners of the timeshares subsequently and have had no problem.

Jeff G.
Jun 13, 2013

Agreed, after being scammed by Rohan McClure I rented through this site and was very satisfied with the outcome.

Julianne C.
Jun 13, 2013

red week is very good, just be sure who you are dealing with. Most owners are great to deAL WITH. Rented off here many many times only had one problem.

Jack

H. Jack H.
Jun 18, 2013

Rohan McClure steals from people on both ends, owners and renters. I am an owner that had a few weeks stored in Interval International that I wasn't going to use and contacted Rohan to rent them for me. He rented two of them to Aruba and never paid me one cent while he pocketed the money. I also received emails with excuses about paying me. I don't know what's up with him or where he is. My agreement with him was not very much money, so I'm really only out two weeks of vacation that I paid the maintenance fees for and then stored for future use. The renters who get to their destination with no reservations are the people that get screwed a lot more than me. I live in Georgia so I'm not sure if I could pursue this in my state or through Florida where he operates. Any advise?

Jane A.
Jun 18, 2013

Send me an email and I will forward you some information.

sharon.wilhoite@thomsonreuters.com

Sharon W.
Jun 21, 2013

I cant believe this. I had the same problem with this Rohan. I payed him on february and my name was on the reservation for a week in july. Yesterday i call marriott just to ask something and for my surprise the reservation is no longer under my name and i cant do anything and i think i lostvall the money. Any suggestion what can i do ? Thank god i called yesterday for some inquiry because otherwise it was going to be a big problem to know this at aruba with no place to sleep. Please help

Simon T.
Jul 22, 2013

if they are putting together some kind of suit, please count me in!! rohan mcclure still has my money since september 2012, for a trip i took january 2013. he owes me almost 2600, which he has admitted in writing. i'm not sure if marriott remembers me, but i had many conversations with them regarding this guy. he put my name on reservation, and then took it off at the last minute, leaving me scrambling for a unit!! all he does is LIE

Marilyn S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.