Ask RedWeek

WYNDHAM:SHARKS...Canceled contract but won't cancel fradulent "down payment"

Dec 04, 2015

I think Laura's suggestion was a good one and a welcome one. I unloaded my Mom's Wyndam timeshare for a total outlay of $150, but if I had counted the heartache and difficulty and frustration and hours I spent figuring that out, it would have easily been worth the $2000. DIY is not for the faint of heart, it took quite a lot of motivation and time and savvy on my part. Once I finally knew the way, it could have been easier on me in retrospect. That amount of money for a lawyer to take the job over and get it done fairly and properly is not so bad to some people as it is to others. So, finding a lawyer who is not just another scammer of some version would be a great thing.

Kathleen H.
Mar 11, 2016

Hi, I need help on getting out of a new contract - additional points purchased. I already have 6000 points with Worldmark Wyndham and got pressured in purchasing another 6000 points. What they didn't tell me is they combined the two contracts without disclosing it to me and the purchased price is different in the contract then what they had told me. I tried seeking help with Jim Grant but he seems disappear and I'm stranded. Thank you! Veronica

Veronica B.
Mar 12, 2016

File a complaint with the consumer affairs division of the Attorney Generals Office in the state where you live. They should have someone who deals with these matters or they can refer you to the proper agency . NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract. Scammers are everywhere looking to get your hard earned money .

Don P.
Apr 16, 2016

Did you get ahold of Jim Grant??

Zenaida B.
May 12, 2016

Is Jim Grant Legit? I have been in contact with him for help to get out of our contract. Just trying to figure out if he is scammer or not?

Angela C.
May 12, 2016

NEVER pay anyone money that claims they can get you out of your contract . All they want is your upfront money. What do you know about him other that what he tells you. Anyone can create a website and use a mail drop box for an address. What will you do if he takes your money and ignores you ? How do you go about getting your money back ? Ask yourself these questions before you part with your hard earned money .

Don P.
May 14, 2016

angelac510 wrote:
Is Jim Grant Legit? I have been in contact with him for help to get out of our contract. Just trying to figure out if he is scammer or not?

How much is he going to charge you? The only way to "get out of [your] contract" is to find someone else to take over ownership. Have you tried contacting the resort and asking the resort to take your unit back? It's possible that the resort will if you agree to pay the closing costs and maybe even the next maintenance fee? That will probably be a lot cheaper than using Jim Grant who may or may not actually accomplish what you would pay him to do. Keep in mind also that Wyndham and Diamond resorts currently have a program in place where they are taking back units. See the pinned thread on these boards about Wyndham's Ovation program.

The other thing is to try to give your unit away yourself. Advertise in places such as RedWeek's Bargain Basement, E-Bay, Craigslist, Timeshare Users Group (aka "TUG"), or My Resort Network. Advertise that you are willing to give it away for free and maybe even offer to pay the closing costs (around $200) and, if you're serious enough about finding a new owner, the next maintenance fee. Again, that should work out to cheaper than paying some attorney.

Lance C.
Jun 01, 2016

We attended a Wyndham presentation about one month ago in Vegas (April 2016) and found out they are scammers of the first class. Contact the Wyndham and find out who is at the top of the food chain and write him. OR....you can reply to this and I will put you in touch with a good attorney. I would suggest you cancel your checking account and change it so they cannot deduct payments anymore.

Helen S.
Jun 02, 2016

NEVER use an attorney that someone in the forum recommends !! If you decide to use an attorney find one where you live . The attorney scam has been going around awhile in the forums. Why would someone use an attorney that they heard about in a forum.......beats me !

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Jun 02, 2016 08:12 AM

Jun 21, 2016

angelar285 wrote:
If anyone needs honest guidance please let me know. I'm not an attorney but operate a non profit for owners and can answer any questions you have and recommend an honest, qualified attorney who is more than fair if it comes to that. Most times it can be handled without that step. They can't do this but this industry is so loosely regulated even the big guys ate getting away with some very serious crimes.

Hi angelar285, I recently was sucked in Wyndham Timeshare in Las Vegas. By the time we realized what we did and sent the cancelation letter we were 2 days late to cancel in Nevada but still within 10 day Florida laws. I called and they said they not going to cancel. We made a downpayment on our CC too. I'm just looking for any advise on how to fight it. Also what is the worst case can happen if I just cancel my CC and not going to make any payments, besides ruining my credit history .

Alex O.
Jun 21, 2016

I have contacted Jim Grant -- he sent me his assessment tool, wrote the first letter to WM but he disappeared as soon as he received my full payment. Another scammer!

Zenaida B.
Jun 21, 2016

Hello, Could you share how you were able to unload your Mom's Wyndham timeshare? Thanks

Zenaida B.
Jun 29, 2016

I also sent Jim Grant notimeshare@gmail.com over $300. He emailed me lots and lots of papers to print and send Travel Advantage Network and a letter for us to send with it. All it did was make them call us more often and send emails. We paid with paypal and after the limit to get our money back, he stopped responding to us and we got absolutely no-where! He says he makes his money by getting 10% of the returned money. No! He gets his money by getting over $300.00 and emailing pdf's he has saved on his computer, spending no more than 10 minutes of his time. ANOTHER FRAUD! DO NOT USE JIM GRANT

rikkif2 wrote:
Did Jim Grant ever respond?

Paula M.
Jun 29, 2016

AGREE ANOTHER SCAMMER. HE GOT OUR MONEY TOO.

Paula M.
Jun 29, 2016

SCAMMER!

angelac510 wrote:

Paula M.
Jun 29, 2016

NO!

Paula M.
Jun 30, 2016

Don't use anyone that wants an upfront fee. NEVER pay anyone an upfront fee to get rid of your timeshare .

Don P.
Nov 06, 2016

How can I contact you directly?

Aurianna P.
Nov 06, 2016

Kathleenh352, Can you share your process? It would be helpful to know how you were able to get out.

Aurianna P.
Nov 06, 2016

angelar285 wrote:
If anyone needs honest guidance please let me know. I'm not an attorney but operate a non profit for owners and can answer any questions you have and recommend an honest, qualified attorney who is more than fair if it comes to that. Most times it can be handled without that step. They can't do this but this industry is so loosely regulated even the big guys ate getting away with some very serious crimes.

Would like to speak with you directly for your advise. Please let me know how to contact you.

Aurianna P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.