Ask RedWeek

WYNDHAM:SHARKS...Canceled contract but won't cancel fradulent "down payment"

Jul 09, 2018

Due to illness we never used our Wyndham. We need help to camel after couple years of Payments

Linda V.
Jul 09, 2018

Do you have a loan or mortgage owing on it? Are the maintenance fees up to date? If not, then you will have a hard time getting rid of it.

Have you checked out Wyndham's Ovation program where they are taking back a select, limited number of units that are paid off and maintenance fees up to date? More information can be found in the pinned thread under timeshare companies.

Just do not go paying any company, charity, or law firm that claims it can "cancel" your timeshare.

Lance C.
Jul 10, 2018

Wyndham has a relatively new program called "Wyndham Cares." It is mostly in response to the so-called cancellation firms who have caused Wyndham much annoyance. You can search the term "Wyndham Cares" to find their link. They are supposedly trying to help people who have had life-changing events and can no longer afford their timeshare. I have no real idea if Wyndham really does care, but you could try the website. Good luck.

John I.
Jul 10, 2018

Just make sure you are dealing directly with Wyndham .

Don P.
Jul 10, 2018

Sir, you can just walk away from it. A Mexican right to use is no ownership. I have worked in Mexico for many years doing contracts, and there are no legal obligations on your part as a foreigner. They CANNOT affect your credit from a purchase Mexico.

Best of luck.

Wayne C. Robinson

Wayne C.
Jul 10, 2018

Mexico is not the U.S. There is only a right to use, and therefore, they can sell as many weeks as people will buy. I have worked there in sales and marketing for many years.

You can simply walk away and there is nothing they or will do. They CANNOT affect your U.S. credit.

Best of luck!

Wayne C.

Last edited by vhines on Jul 25, 2018 08:02 AM

Sep 22, 2019

I need the head boss contact for wyndham im in a bad situation

Randi H.
Sep 24, 2019

randih36 wrote:
I need the head boss contact for wyndham im in a bad situation

What is your "bad situation"? You might not necessarily need the head boss.

Lance C.
Mar 04, 2021

I have this same issue they did a fraud down payment under vacation club credit through comenity the contract was closed on 6-17-19 yet this is in collections over a year I need that off my credit soon

Rod S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.