Timeshare Companies

Global Vacation Trade - Miami, Florida

May 03, 2017

Don is absolutely correct. Sounds like a scam to me also. As far as the BBB for something in Mexico, they probably wouldn't carry much weight. Look back to the response from JayJay, concerning a consumer protection agency(PROFECO) from 4yrs. ago, I'll be first to admit I don't know of anything about PROFECO, and if there even is such a thing, but I'd be a squeaky wheel until some one listened.

William P.
May 03, 2017

williamp511 wrote:
I'll be first to admit I don't know of anything about PROFECO, and if there even is such a thing, but I'd be a squeaky wheel until some one listened.

PROFECO is real; a quasi-governmental entity in Mexico that (sometimes) intervenes on behalf of a consumer when there have been improper (i.e., illegal) actions in timeshare transactions in Mexico. For specific example, if a seller has a buyer sign a waiver of his / her right to rescind (cancel) at the time of purchase, requesting that waiver is patently unlawful (even in Mexico). In such an clear instance, PROFECO will step in on request and help to reverse the purchase transaction, due to that blatantly illegal action by the seller.

However, "trade in" entities and operations associated with Mexican timeshares are a dime a dozen and have been around for a very long time. They are basically looking to extract even more dollars from gringos who have ALREADY purchased a Mexican timeshare, but what they do is not actually illegal, so I doubt that PROFECO would choose to get involved. It couldn't hurt to inquire, but I certainly would not place any bets on getting PROFECO's attention, interest or involvement in complaints about any these "trade in" operations.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on May 03, 2017 03:27 PM

Aug 21, 2017

I also had agreement like your for Globe to take 2 timeshares for downpayment on n

ew purchase....paid them $906.88 for one, sent them necessary deed,etc., after many phone calls I new timeshare for help, Not, my problem...so I'm having to pay maintenance fees on the, so you and are screwed. When I called the olld timeshare to help (they did try)...

they said Global was not a reputable company.

Joan M.
Aug 21, 2017

Also did try Profecto, did not get far.

Joan M.
Aug 30, 2017

I have had two experiences with Global Vacation Trade. Back in 2010 they handled a transfer. I traded-in my Rancho Banderas timeshare to upgrade my Vida Vacations membership. Everything went smoothly. I returned to Vidanta in 2016 and upgraded from the Grand Bliss to the Grand Luxxe. Three timeshares were involved in the trade: Solamar Inn (in Mazatlan), Westgate Towers (in Kissimmee , FL) and the Bel Air Collection (various locations in Mexico). I paid a fee to retain the Solamar Inn, as it would have been more expensive to get rid of it than to keep it until the contract expired. The Developer exercised their self-proclaimed Right of First Refusal for Westgate Towers. Now a year and a half have passed, and I have not received notification that the Bel Air Collection membership has been transferred. The staff at Global Vacation Trade appear to be communications impaired!

Paul E.
Sep 15, 2021

My husband and I are going through the same situation with Global Vacation Trade. They are giving us 1 day to make a decision and give them a CC over the phone. We are trying to get out of our TS. Any advice about dealing with Global?

Glean E.
Sep 15, 2021

gleane wrote:
They are giving us 1 day to make a decision and give them a CC over the phone. We are trying to get out of our TS. Any advice about dealing with Global?

Giving you one day to make a decision to do what? What TS are you trying to exit?

Lance C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.