Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Anyone know anything about Finn Law Group?

Feb 02, 2016

I have read up on both law firms you mentioned. What made you go with Aaronson? And please tell me how the process went? Was your credit hurt in anyway and if so was it able to be repaired after it was all done?

lauraj214 wrote:
I have dealt with both of this law firm and Aaronson Law over my timeshare! Both are definitely legit, hands down! I decided to hire Aaronson instead. Lawyers can definitely work and yes you have to pay for it. Nothing is free. If people can show you way to get of for free then I definitely recommend that. Both Finn and Aaronson Law Group are legit. You can call, email, hey you can even walk right into the law firm and talk to someone.

donp196 wrote:
You obviously have an interest in promoting their scam. We have been in these forums warning people to avoid scams like this one. Take your scam somewhere else. All these phony law firms want is upfront money under the disguise of a " retainer ". You know nothing personally about them and you try to influence others to part with their hard earned money. Take a hike SHILL !!

Let's see how much you know about them. Do they have an office you can walk into and sit down with an attorney or a staff memeber or do they use a drop box as an " office " ? What is their actual street address...... not a drop box ? What name and actual phone number of the president of the comapny ? If you can't answer the above questions then it's a SCAM operation !!!

Francesca A.
Feb 02, 2016

I as well am thinking about using them but wanted to do as much resarch as possible before committing. Sis you ever use them and if so how did it turn out for you?

thomasp382 wrote:
I'm considering using them. In my case, there could be a strong case for fraud, and they've offered to evaluate that further at no cost. I'm not expected to pay until their lawyer decides that it's worth the hassle(more or less). I bought at Westgate and it sounds like they've already established a precedence for fraudulent business practices, which makes me think it could be worth it, being as I still owe more than the attorney fees. I had a very sobering, but calming conversion with Tammy their case coordinator yesterday. After all the headache that this whole timeshare thing has been for me, it was a relieving draft of fresh air to learn what I learned in that conversation (I won't get into it on this forum). I've done some fact checking, and what she told me has all checked out. For me, this could be a good idea.

Francesca A.
Feb 02, 2016

Hi, did you ever end up using them? If so please tell me how it all worked out for you?

Francesca A.
Feb 02, 2016

Maureen, did you go with Finn Law? And if so please let me know how it went for you?

Francesca A.
Feb 03, 2016

NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of a timeshare not even a so called law firm. If you think a law firm can help you then contact one where you live. Anyone can create a website and a mail drop box. Imposters come into the forums all the time claiming they know someone that can help you for a large " upfront fee ". Do your homework and don't throw your money away on someone's promise.

Don P.
Feb 09, 2016

francescaa9 I as well am thinking about using them but wanted to do as much resarch as possible before committing. Sis you ever use them and if so how did it turn out for you?

We where down to Finn and Aaronson Law Firms before hiring Aaronson. In a couple of painless months we were out of our contract. But you just do your research and figure out what you think is best! I can vouch for Aaronson personally! Im sure someone in this thread will bash lawyers but it is how we got out of my nightmare! Of course nothing is free. The way I feel about it is sometimes you have to spend money to save money which is what we did! Both of these attorneys are legitimate law firms and both specialize in timeshare cancellation. I did a lot of research on them both. I suggest you all do the same! Good Luck!

Laura J.
Feb 09, 2016

Thank you sooooo much Laura for coming back and taking your time to answer my post!! I am in the same situation, between Finn Law and Aaronson. Though I do favor Aaronson more than Finn Law I am still not sure who to go with. Please if you have any details you could provide me with as in who your timeshare was with (mine is Bluegreen) and if you stopped payments or continued to pay while Aaronson was taking over the case. I'd greatly appreciate it! And again thank you so much for the good news, I was beginning to lose hope!!

lauraj214

francescaa9 wrote:
I as well am thinking about using them but wanted to do as much resarch as possible before committing. Sis you ever use them and if so how did it turn out for you?

We where down to Finn and Aaronson Law Firms before hiring Aaronson. In a couple of painless months we were out of our contract. But you just do your research and figure out what you think is best! I can vouch for Aaronson personally! Im sure someone in this thread will bash lawyers but it is how we got out of my nightmare! Of course nothing is free. The way I feel about it is sometimes you have to spend money to save money which is what we did! Both of these attorneys are legitimate law firms and both specialize in timeshare cancellation. I did a lot of research on them both. I suggest you all do the same! Good Luck!

Francesca A.
Feb 09, 2016

Looks like the shills are out in full force today. These are people connected to the law firm scams pretending to be satisfied customers to lure victims to their scam. NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract especially bottom feeding attorneys. Do your homework and don't believe so called satisfied customers that come into the forum back to back to promote their scam. What a coincidence they both show up right after each other. Can you say obvious SCAM !!

Don P.
May 28, 2016

I am using them now if you are still looking into getting out of your time share

They do have a system where you can pay installments within a time frame

Right now waiting to get release letter from Wyndham and been working on getting out of time share since after thanksgiving of 2015 - they are legit and they are doing what their websites state

It is not a quick out but worth it in the end

Our credit score took a minimal hit but has gone back up since Wyndham removed the reporting

jamest466 wrote:
I went and did some research and they have an A+ BBB rating and on avvo.com they have a ton of great reviews talking about how they got people out of their timeshares. Then I go on these forums and everyone is saying to not pay any money up front to any company. They charge $3000 to get out of it which at this point I would pay just to be done with it. And I can't donate it because I still owe a bunch on it. So I was hoping someone one hear has used them and/or heard something about them. Thanks.

Colleen V.

Last edited by colleenv34 on May 28, 2016 06:51 AM

May 28, 2016

How can you say they are legit if they haven't gotten you out of your timeshare yet. You sound like an imposter posting a positive review for these bottom feeders.

You don't need an attorney to negotiate a deed back. If they accept your property back you can do that yourself with Wyndham. Go to the other forums and you will see they will deal directly with you.

Anyone who does decide to use an attorney should find a competent one close to where they live so they can actually walk into their office and see for themselves that it's actually a real law firm with a real staff. Anyone can create a website and use a mail drop box for an address. The only thing you know about these people is what they tell you and if they use a shill to post positive reviews than they are real low lives.

Don't be fooled by a post that you have no idea who the poster is. Do your homework before you lose more of your hard earned money to someone you know nothing about on the internet.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on May 28, 2016 08:07 AM

May 28, 2016

Well for one I did go back to the resort and they would not do a deed back buy back what ever you want to call it

And any company which I almost got scammed by that uses PayPal that is a red flag

And I have googled read up on how long it takes to legitly get out of time share states it is not an overnight process

Re-read what I put about credit report

Wyndham reported for non payment it has been removed

And excuse me but you don't know all the facts of documents I have showing proof

There are horror stories out there where people have been scammed and they are out of a lot more money than us

I had to only pay one maintenance fee and nothing more

I rather pay what I am paying to get out than to have maintenance fees rise to help rebuild or add on to these resorts month after month - year after year - and don't want our kids to deal with it

Resorts get people in fast but are not willing as fast to do a release

And as I stated waiting on the release by Wyndham

I am not a poster and I will post when I have letter in hand

Why judge someone you don't know

Colleen V.
May 28, 2016

James

Once you get an attorney involved and once you know by letter received that is sent to resort you as I didn't have to make any more payments

I removed my account information from the resort to be able to withdraw the money so they wouldn't have access

They will report to the credit bureau for late and non payment

The resort contacted the bureau and removed the derogatory Mark

Our credit report scores went down for a short time and once resort removed the mark from our reports or scores went back up

Stay away from the forums it bothered me to that is when I googled time share lawyers

I had another legal firm that wanted more than what I paid to Finn

Colleen V.
May 28, 2016

Colleen, Just curious. When did you purchase the TS and was it paid off? If not how much did you still owe (on mortgage not MF)?

Tracey S.
May 28, 2016

Colleen you sound like the spokesperson on a tv commercial promoting an ambulance chasing law firm. Blah Blah Blah but no results just promises. Like I said there are plenty of competent law firms where everyone lives if they need to use legal council. Why would anyone use a law firm they heard about on the internet ? That would be dumb.

My advice is that if anyone decides to use an attorney do your homework and choose one close to your home that you can walk into their office and actually talk with someone. Don't be scammed by some bottom feeder that uses the internet to lure their victims.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on May 28, 2016 09:53 AM

May 28, 2016

The Finn Law group has actually won a few big timeshare cases against Westgate, and a few others. Most of their work is done negotiating with companies. I would imagine they are a little more successful than the do it yourself-ers who advocate on their own behalves. But that help comes at price. If you are desperate and can't afford the timeshare, you probably can't afford the help either. You should negotiate the heck out of yourself and take the credit hit if it comes to that.

In terms of using a local lawyer, I don't see how that is a good idea. I have a local lawyer that helped us with estate planning. I know I know more about my contracts and timeshare ins and outs than he does. It would take him hours and hours to get up to speed with real estate and timeshare laws. In terms of ambulance chasing lawyers, if I had an injury case and needed representation, doing it myself probably wouldn't be the best advice. Getting a local lawyer with zero experience with this type of case ( which is going to be pretty much everyone else) or going with a firm that specializes and pretty much only works or these types of cases. At the very least they are real lawyers and not some advocacy group so they are registered to practice law in Florida (local for many timeshares). If you have a complaint you can register it with the state bar association. At the very least they aren't a PO box pretending to be a real company that will help.

Tracey S.

Last edited by tracey75 on May 28, 2016 03:57 PM

May 29, 2016

Tracey75

No our time share is / was not paid off

They do not have to be only if you donate to charity and What I read charity is hard to go buy and get a tax write off at the end of the year

We had two time shares that were rolled into one

we had bought in Hawaii and Branson they rolled those two into one in Utah

Our first payment was due in January of this year

Only payment made was a maintenance fee payment in December of 2015

Colleen V.

Last edited by colleenv34 on May 29, 2016 07:31 AM

May 29, 2016

Donp196

You sound like you may be working for the resorts you are so negative about anyone trying to use a law firm to get out of their time share

Once I do have paper work back from the release of our time share I will let you know

Colleen V.
May 29, 2016

Let us know how much money you have thrown away so far on this law firm . I can't see you touting them when they haven't done anything yet except take your money. Amazing how I was able to get rid of two timeshares without paying one penny to an attorney. If your timeshare is not paid off then you dug yourself a big hole. Why would anyone finance something that is not a necessity is beyond me. That alone makes me question your decision making. A vacation is a luxury not something you should be paying off like a family car. Let me guess you borrowed the money to pay the attorney when you could have spent that money paying your debts.

No use talking with someone with that type of reasoning. I have been in these forums for years saving people thousands of dollars exposing scams and in my opinion using an attorney you heard about on the internet that practices in another state tops the list of stupid. I know about a class action case they handled and nobody got any big settlement. The attorneys made a lot of money and the resorts walked away without a scratch. I'm not impressed with them at all. Next time don't buy something you can't afford and then endorse a solution that hasn't even happened yet.

Don P.
May 29, 2016

Don if you got rid of your timeshare without a lawyer good for you

As far as what I spent on a laywer to get out of ours that is none of your business

It is way less than what I would have paid in 10 years to pay off the time share and pay monthly / yearly for maintenance fees

Colleen V.
May 29, 2016

Oh and don look who is calling the kettle black

You are telling people not to buy what they can't afford or use

You stated how you got out of two timeshares so why did you buy and then get out

You must have learned a valuable lesson and taking it out on the ones trying to do it legally and legitly

Colleen V.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.