Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Anyone know anything about Finn Law Group?

May 29, 2016

Apparently your not the brightest bulb in the pack. I bought my timeshares for pennies on the dollar for cash. When I saw the industry converting to points and denying owners prime weeks I decided to get rid of two of them. I still stand by the statement that anyone that finances a luxury they can't afford should think about letting someone else handle their finances. Who in their right mind would finance something for ten years and pay all that interest for something they don't need.

No sense talking to you that is why you're either too ignorant to understand simple finances or you're a shill for the law firm pretending to be a satisfied customer. Why do you promote their services when you haven't even found out if they can get you out of your contract. That's why I believe you are an imposter. You come in here posting with no results other than your bad choices and praise for nothing done yet. I don't believe you and I advise anyone who is thinking about using an attorney to find one where they live not some bottom feeders that promote their scam in the forums rather than paying to advertise.

Don P.
May 30, 2016

colleenv34 wrote:
As far as what I spent on a laywer to get out of ours that is none of your business

It is way less than what I would have paid in 10 years to pay off the time share and pay monthly / yearly for maintenance fees

Here's something I don't get. You still owe on the mortgage, correct? So are you saying that if you pay FLG, your mortgage will go away? I don't think the mortgage lender will be happy that your debt with them will somehow be cancelled by paying a law firm less than what you owe the mortgage lender.

So if I owe you $1000 and I pay a law firm $500 to cancel my debt with you, I might be happy that I owe $500 less and the law firm might be happy that it's getting $500 from me but how would you feel?

Lance C.
Jun 16, 2016

As I stated as we would get notified of release of Timeshare and we did. Today, received the released notification from our Time Share with the Finn Law Group. They did as they promised. So anyone who would like to get out of their contracts, they did what they said they would do.

Colleen V.
Jun 17, 2016

NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract especially if you hear it from someone posting as a satisfied customer. The scammers use " shills " to impersonate satisfied customers to lure their victims to their scam Why would anyone give their hard earned money to someone they heard about on the internet ? If you decide to use and attorney find one where you live that you can actually walk into the office and talk to someone.

All these bottom feeders trolling for victims on the internet want is your upfront money. What a great deal they have. They get your money and you know nothing about them except what an unknown person told you about them .Ask yourself what will you do when you find out that you get nothing for your hard earned money . How do you go about getting it back after the dispute period has expired with your credit card company and you have no physical address for this law firm.

Once more if you find the need to use an attorney find one where you live and have a recourse if things go south.

Don P.
Jun 17, 2016

You are really a shrew person don

There is such a thing as a telephone and I would rather pay a legal firm who knows what they are doing vs a firm who doesn't

Especially when resorts main offices are in certain states

It makes since to deal with a firm in that area than one that isn't

And to state regarding getting money back

With Finn law you won't get money back

but once the resort is on notice all payments are no longer to be made

I cannot answer to other resorts I only know what I have been told and all I been told has been the truth

Why don't you let the people make up their minds and stop being a jerk

This will be the ending of my posts as I am done and I don't have to deal with maintenance fees going up year after year

So all who is debating go with yoir gut as I did and ignore what all Don has to say

He is a broken record

Colleen V.
Jun 17, 2016

You should be the last person giving advice. You went deep into debt to buy a luxury vacation and then spent thousands of dollars to get out of it if we believe your story. That brings us to the other possibility that you are a shill pretending to be a satisfied customer of a bottom feeding law firm. Either way if anyone follows your advice they deserve to lose their hard earned money.

Anyone with half a brain should automatically disregard anything you post. Anyone dumb enough to send them money after reading this thread definitely deserves to lose their money. Don't come back here months from now crying that you got ripped off.

Don P.
Jun 17, 2016

colleenv34 wrote:
As I stated as we would get notified of release of Timeshare and we did. Today, received the released notification from our Time Share with the Finn Law Group.

Let's say that what you are saying is true. Didn't you say in an earlier post that you still owed a mortgage? if that is the case, how has the lender been satisfied. You may no longer own your timeshare but what about the mortgage?

Lance C.
Jun 19, 2016

That is between the legal aspect the resort and our business and our credit report tells the story

I cannot answer questions pertaining to The resort and what they do on their end but what arrangements between legal and resort is between legal and client

But it is up to each person who chooses to get out of timeshare on how they want to get out of it

People asked if anyone used or heard about Finn Law Group

I have my impression and I gave it to all who wanted to know

Just listen to your gut and don't listen to anything the shrew person Don has to say

Colleen V.

Last edited by colleenv34 on Jun 19, 2016 07:38 AM

Jun 19, 2016

As I stated Don your a shrew person and nobody needs to listen to you

Colleen V.
Jun 19, 2016

Trust me they listen. Read some of the comments in other threads too. I have saved people tens of thousands of dollars exposing scams like this one. I have never asked anyone for a penny so what do you say is my motive ? I will continue posting to warn people to not listen to shills like you. I have worked in law enforcement for over twenty five years and I can spot a scam miles away. The one you are running smells up the forum.

NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can cancel your contract especially a bottom feeding law firm that uses this type of ruse to drum up business through the internet forums. It's ambulance chasing taken to a new height. What a low life firm that has to use deceit to lure victims for upfront money.

I'm not saying that some people should not use an attorney if they need one but chose one where you live and you can walk into their office and actually talk to them. Why would anyone use an attorney in another state that they " heard " about from a shill in a forum ? That is a recipe for disaster. Try sleeping at night worrying if you gave your money to the scammers this way.

Don P.
Jun 19, 2016

Well for one Don I couldn't sleep with the scam I almost got into

But got sleep once I hired an attorney

Colleen V.
Jun 19, 2016

colleenv34 wrote:
That is between the legal aspect the resort and our business and our credit report tells the story

I cannot answer questions pertaining to The resort and what they do on their end but what arrangements between legal and resort is between legal and client

People asked if anyone used or heard about Finn Law Group.

Yes, FLG has been discussed many times ion Timeshare-related forums. And yes, FLG probably negotiated with the resort to take your unit back. But my question remains. What about the mortgage you still owe?

Remember, the mortgage lender and the resort are two separate entities. So if you owed, say $5000, to the lender, how did the lender get that money satisfies (or is that, like you said in a previous post, confidential information)?

Lance C.
Jun 19, 2016

Lance you're wasting your time. Scammer always avoid the truth and facts. I went toe to toe with BJ Cooke and Tanya Williams and exposed their scams. Both of them defended themselves the same way never saying anything of substance. They say a lot of things but never actually anything with substance. These people will go on and on and try to steer their victims out of the forum where they can isolate them with their song and dance.

It's amazing that she claims to be just a client yet she's so persistent. That makes you wonder why just a customer would be trying so hard to draw people into this particular law firm. I know about the law suit they handled and I can tell you one thing the only ones that made money on that one was the attorneys. It was a class action suit and the clients walked away with nothing and the attorneys cleaned up. Attorneys are the lowest form of life on this planet and they make their livings off the misery of other people.

One more time.......... if anyone finds that the need the services of an attorney find one where you live. There are competent attorneys in every state. Using one just because someone you don't know recommended them on the internet is as dumb as going deep into debt to finance a luxury vacation. You could buy a nice new car for that price.

Don P.
Sep 15, 2016

I am considering going with Finn law because of my westgate timeshare. did you hire Finn law? what was the outcome? what was their cost? and anything else you can tell me

thomasp382 wrote:
I'm considering using them. In my case, there could be a strong case for fraud, and they've offered to evaluate that further at no cost. I'm not expected to pay until their lawyer decides that it's worth the hassle(more or less). I bought at Westgate and it sounds like they've already established a precedence for fraudulent business practices, which makes me think it could be worth it, being as I still owe more than the attorney fees. I had a very sobering, but calming conversion with Tammy their case coordinator yesterday. After all the headache that this whole timeshare thing has been for me, it was a relieving draft of fresh air to learn what I learned in that conversation (I won't get into it on this forum). I've done some fact checking, and what she told me has all checked out. For me, this could be a good idea.

Christina S.
Sep 15, 2016

why are so rude. constantly

Christina S.
Sep 15, 2016

Christinas332

With the rude and shrewd don all I will say is yes we used them and you can get a free consultation before you decide if you want to do so hire them

Cost that is what they will go over with you on the phone and payment as well

Good luck

Colleen V.
Sep 16, 2016

Tell your boss that you did your job soliciting for his business in the forum. This is a low for an attorney to do but that's why people have such a low opinion of lawyers. NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract especially an attorney that claims he can do something for a fee that you can do for yourself for free.

Ask yourself why is this person trying to steer you to a specific attorney ? Why would anyone use an attorney they heard about from a person they don't know on the internet ? Why would anyone use an attorney that lives in another state that you know nothing about other than what someone posted on the internet ?

The answer is simple they are desperate for business and they are using the forum to promote their business. A real low for an attorney. Must be no ambulances to chase where they live.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Sep 16, 2016 11:02 AM

Sep 17, 2016

christinas332 wrote:
I am considering going with Finn law because of my westgate timeshare. did you hire Finn law? what was the outcome? what was their cost?

One thing I can tell you about their cost is that it will probably be substantially more than what it would cost you to try to give it away yourself. Why not ask the resort if it will take your unit back. Even if you have to pay the closing costs and the next maintenance fee, That will still be a lot cheaper than hiring a law firm.

You could also advertise on RedWeek (but not in its forums) that you want to give your unit away. And if you're very serious about it, offer to pay the next maintenance fee and closing costs for the new taker. Again, it might require a little time and effort but it will be a lot less than paying a law firm to do this for you.

Lance C.
Nov 08, 2016

I am not a shill and I am NOT promoting Finn Law Group. I am a consumer also ripped off by timeshare scams. I would like info on Finn Law Group as well.

Donp is not helping consumers on this thread to find the answers they are looking for. He is intimidating and bullying people on this thread. He is so skeptical and angry and opinionated. He speaks like he has facts. He behaves like a bully.

IGNORE HIM

From what I understand, Finn Law Group charges a one-time $3,000 fee.

Most lawyers require a payment (retainer) up front, unless there is money to recover.

The fee is to cover the cost of completely removing your timeshare obligation, not to recover sunken money.

(donp - the correct message is: "Don't pay real estate agents upfront monies.")

Their initial letter to the resort/collections stops the bleeding immediately. Stop paying monies to the resort/HOA/collections immediately, and rescind scheduled payments.

FLG works on your case until it is resolved. They do not require/ask for any other moneys from you. Even if your case goes to court. IF your case goes to court....(apparently this is rare) it is because FLG discovered something which entitles you to a refund. In that case, they will pursue the refund for no additional monies. They keep a percentage of what they recover.

Although, they do not guarantee an outcome, their track record is pretty successful.

I believe Finn Law Group has a 5,000 square foot brick and mortar office with 20+ employees.

the following has helped me to understand this law firm and some of what is involved in Timeshare dumping:

Google Michigan Bar Association and look up Michael Finn of Finn Law Group Google the legal terms "tolling" and "statutory violation" Google FDCPA

Julie C.
Nov 08, 2016

In my experience, "hiring" a timeshare real estate agent is money sunk. They come back with ridiculously low offers, years after signing up and paying the one-time non-refundable fee.

I donated one week to Boys and Girls club, the next year I attempted to give them another one.... let's say they were not happy with their previous "gift"

when I bought, i was told they would buy back my week at any time. After everything changed (fees and procedures etc), it was of no value to me any more. For years, I kept hearing "We are not accepting weeks at this time." At one point I was told my week has no resale value. Yet they continue to raise the annual dues?

a few years ago I went to Canada government office (where the deed is for my timeshare) I was prepared to pay the $232 Canadian to the government. I paid a barister a few more dollars for a title search. Tried to present the documents to GIVE it back. They refused to give the name of a Transferee - 16 years later, I still own this thing and it has zero resale value.

Now the resort says they will take back deeds, but not until the collection agency has been paid plus $2500.

Transfer companies are a scam, i can provide proof of that if anyone wants to know, I have a file of evidence.

for more info - see my previous reply on Finn Law Group

Julie C.

Last edited by juliec204 on Nov 08, 2016 04:52 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.