Timeshare Companies

King's Creek Plantation Unethical Sales Tactics

Feb 21, 2018

I am not sure now who was my sales representative. It was a young man, very personable but I cant recall his name. How can I find out? Deanna Root

Deanna R.
Feb 21, 2018

It's quite possible that he has moved on to another resort or venture by now. Timeshare resorts tend to have a very high and quick turnover of sales people.

But if you are absolutely resolved to go after this man, I would check all the papers from your original sales and contracts. In many places, the real estate agent is required to supply his/her name seeing that is a legally binding real estate contract and the person who sold it to you must be a licensed real estate agent.

Lance C.
Feb 22, 2018

deannar80 wrote:
I am not sure now who was my sales representative. It was a young man, very personable but I cant recall his name. How can I find out?

I am frankly unclear why this would even matter to you, since you cannot hold that sales weasel personally accountable for his lies and the song and dance routine he performed to "seal the deal". In the final analysis, legally speaking, ONLY the written contents of your contract actually means anything at all. Any and all of the verbal babble from the sales weasel was really just meaningless noise. The name of the person who produced that noise is irrelevant.

The sales weasel's name may not actually appear anywhere within your contract documents. It may very well have been a "closer" (or someone else higher in authority) who actually signed off on your contract on behalf of the company.

I am sorry for your unfortunate experience with those parasites.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Feb 24, 2018 10:03 AM

May 18, 2018

I am currently filling out complaint paperwork for the Virginia State Attorney regarding King's Creek. We obtained legal advise regarding what would actually be unethical sales practices. Several practices pertain to what happened on the date of the transaction as well as other misrepresentations that became evident later. They are a really smooth bunch. The team works extremely well together to snare you.

We have another timeshare that we have had no problem with in the nearly 10 years. Everything was as we were told and we have always been pleased with our exchanges. Sadly, this made us trusting.

Kings Creek Plantation is the first time we have had points and, that alone is worth a fight. I have taken on several companies including Ford Motor Company and come out satisfied so here I go...I'm like a dog with a bone when it comes to injustice. I will go on for months, years, whatever it takes. I will use USPS, the internet, their local media, of course Facebook, national media, all the travel/vacation/time share websites & newsletters I can find. I will do weekly posts and daily posts. I am retired so I can go on and on and on. People need to be warned!!

If a class action case is filed, please count us in.

PS Julie Martin was still there in June 2016.

Linda D.

Last edited by lindad902 on May 18, 2018 11:18 AM

May 19, 2018

lindad902 wrote:
I am currently filling out complaint paperwork for the Virginia State Attorney regarding King's Creek. We obtained legal advise regarding what would actually be unethical sales practices. Several practices pertain to what happened on the date of the transaction as well as other misrepresentations that became evident later.

Unethical and unlawful are two very different things. Sadly, your complaint is highly unlikely to ever produce any actual results.

Timeshare sales weasels know that only the written contract content means anything at all. Accordingly, many of them (particularly those associated with Wyndham and Westgate) seem to feel completely free to lie, exaggerate, misrepresent and obfuscate in order to "close the deal". They know that verbal statements are just meaningless noise floating around in the air for a few brief moments. This deceit has been going on for decades and it is not going to change anytime soon. It's a fundamental legal tenet that terms not clearly and overtly expressed in writing within a contract essentially do not exist at all --- empty and meaningless drivel verbalized by deceitful sales weasels notwithstanding.

I sincerely wish you luck, but I would not bet a penny that you are ever going to see any actual results from your complaint. What those lying weasels do on a routine basis is despicable and reprehensible, but not illegal.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on May 24, 2018 04:37 AM

Nov 08, 2018

I am interested in a class action lawsuit as well. The Sales people come at you in groups 3 salespeople to 1 potential buyer. I was lured into a 90 minutes presentation to receive 2 free airline tickets and $100 gift card. Instead, the presentation took over 2.5 hours and I said, "No over 5 times and at the point dwindled down to 1 salesperson but he kept on trying to convince me that I need a vacation and should invest in time away from my job. I finally gave in and only visited the King's Creek Plantation once since I purchased in January 2016. What a waste of time and money. The Sales staff will not take no for an answer.

Janet N.
Nov 08, 2018

Janet N. wrote:
I am interested in a class action lawsuit as well. The Sales people come at you in groups 3 salespeople to 1 potential buyer. I was lured into a 90 minutes presentation to receive 2 free airline tickets and $100 gift card. Instead, the presentation took over 2.5 hours and I said, "No over 5 times and at the point dwindled down to 1 salesperson but he kept on trying to convince me that I need a vacation and should invest in time away from my job. I finally gave in and only visited the King's Creek Plantation once since I purchased in January 2016. What a waste of time and money. The Sales staff will not take no for an answer.

What you described is pretty typical of a sales presentation anywhere, and with any timeshare company. As much as I feel your pain and frustration, a class action lawsuit will just be a waste of time and money. The contract that you signed, like with a timeshare contract anywhere else, is carefully designed to protect the resort and timeshare company against lawsuits.

I would be very careful about these law firms that look for people in positions like yours who will prey on your emotions, make big promises, take your money, and then do little to nothing.

Lance C.
Nov 14, 2018

national, international and state timeshare laws and strict regulations are not easily found. THEY ARE ESSENTIAL TO STOP THE FRAUD AND THIEVERY OF VERY MANY TIMESHARES COMPANIES. CONTACT YOUR STATE AND NATIONAL LEGISLATORS AND DEMAND THAT STRINGENT TIMESHARE LAWS MUST BE ENACTED AND STRICTLY ENFORCED

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Nov 14, 2018 08:15 PM

May 08, 2021

Let me know. They are crooked

Renay M.
Dec 03, 2021

We were lied to also. I called to cancel and they said I was too late. We can't afford this timeshare, and definitely too old to keep it. We will never pay it off.

Stephanie E.
Dec 03, 2021

stephaniee194 wrote:
I called to cancel and they said I was too late. We can't afford this timeshare, and definitely too old to keep it. We will never pay it off.

Where and when did you sign the contract? How much did you pay for it? How much do you have left owing?

Lance C.
Aug 31, 2022

We are in the same boat. They said they would sell our other timeshare, but that never happened. Now we have two timeshares. The original one is paid off, but we're still paying on King's Creek.

Leslie L.

Last edited by lesliel249 on Aug 31, 2022 12:51 PM

Nov 18, 2022

Friends of mine (in their mid-20s) bought into a timeshare that has properties all over North America.

Their biggest complaint is that the decent locations are NEVER available. They are competing with hordes of retirees who live in them full time. If you are young and working with limited vacation hours your chances of getting what the salesmen promised is practically nil.

tumnahi232
Mar 23, 2023

tumn wrote:
Friends of mine (in their mid-20s) bought into a timeshare that has properties all over North America.

Their biggest complaint is that the decent locations are NEVER available. They are competing with hordes of retirees who live in them full time. If you are young and working with limited vacation hours your chances of getting what the salesmen promised is practically nil.

Utter nonsense. There is NO timeshare property ANYWHERE on Planet Earth with "hordes of retirees who live in them full time". None, zippo --- not here, not anywhere. What crap...

Fyi, timeshare maintenance fees are billed FOR EACH INDIVIDUAL WEEK OWNED, so the cost (or option) for someone to own and pay 52 individual, consecutive weeks of maintenance fees (anywhere --- at any age) does not exist --- and would be cost prohibitive even if it did exist. It just simply does not ever happen. I don't know what your intent or objective is in posting such blatantly false, ageist nonsense, but you are simply 100% wrong. Your unfounded and baseless drivel is admittedly somewhat humorous to anyone who knows ANYTHING about timeshares, but your input is nonetheless just pure, unadulterated nonsense.

That much now clarified, it is certainly true that timeshare reservations (regardless of the particular timeshare stystem involved) are a matter of supply and demand and available space. Disappointments will occur when demand for space exceeds supply. The most desirable locations and highest demand seasons always have more demand than supply, so once all of the available space supply has been claimed, that's it --- there is simply no more available space to occupy. Available space cannot be created out of thin air, but the laws of supply and demand have absolutely nothing to do with "hordes of retirees". In fact, the highest demand time periods are generally during school vacations --- which obviously has nothing to do with mythical "hordes of retirees living in timeshares full time" (that exist only in your imagination) and that you falsely disparage out of obvious and complete ignorance.

In summary, you (and your alleged “mid-twenties friends”) clearly do not know what you are talking about. Nonetheless, thank you for providing us with a good chuckle with your fairy tale assessment and clueless “input” regarding timeshare reservation availability.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Apr 07, 2023 06:33 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.