Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

StayPC Vacation Rentals

Feb 07, 2016

We just dealt with StayPC and it was an excellent experience. Smooth transaction and we were able to modify the contract to get full payment upfront via ACH transaction before transferring the reservation in their client's name. I would definitely deal with StayPC again!!

Patrick & Ann P.
Apr 26, 2016

Question for those of you who have rented to Staypc before, I am about to rent to them, and I feel like everything is on the up and up, my only concern is why I have to provide them with so much of my personal info (like name, address, phone number and email) and email them over my confirmation letter when they can simply call and use the confirmation number I provide on the contract to verify everything. I am nervous about giving them so much personal info. and then there is something else in their contract about me agreeing to leave Staypc's email and phone number on the reservation, along with the person who is actually renting as your guest, they say so that the resort will notify staypc should there be any changes made. Is this all standard or anything that sounds fishy in any way? I am just so nervous about this transaction with this middle man company. I suppose if I use Redweek's contract and not Staypc's contract, I will not have to deal with some of these things, but their contract is easier to use since you are signing directly on line, and there contract seems pretty straightforward. If anyone can respond with any info, it would be awesome and greatly appreciated!

Melissa S.
Apr 26, 2016

Staypc is great. You can trust them, I have been dealing with them for 4 years and never had a problem. They didn't contact me this year yet, but don't be nervous they do a very easy and simple renting.

Robert G
Apr 26, 2016

Maybe you should just not rent your timeshare to anyone. Forget about who SatyPC is and their business model. Try to think like an individual renting a timeshare week from a total stranger (you) from an internet site (redweek.com)

If I was that nervous guest, I would never rent from you without all of that information. I am the one at risk. I gave you my money. I could show up in a busy , sold out , resort with my three little kids and get stuck without a reservation. I have all the risk. what are you worried about?

Work with StayPC. You get money in your pocket or PayPal account. They find the guest. They do all the work. Otherwisw, you can do all the work yourself. Imagine responding to ten different inquiries and taking 7-10 emails and phone calls with the person who eventually rents your week. StayPC should charge you 20% as a commission; I would if I rented your week and did all the work

StayPC rented five weeks from me in 2016.

David S.
Apr 27, 2016

Thanks for the responses. Did you guys use the Redweek contract or Staypc's contract?

Melissa S.
Apr 27, 2016

I used staypc contracts

Robert G
Apr 29, 2016

The law states that you will get a 1099 for other payments. Never looked it up but ran into this before on another site.

Al
Apr 29, 2016

The best company that I have ever used. Quick and honest and eager to help anyway they can. Don't be afraid of them.

Al
Jun 14, 2016

Well I have not stayed there but have looked at the rooms, it's very casual and informal, you almost feel as if it's someone's home rather than a hotel, more of a bed and breakfast kind of feel, Beach Front, but a lot of local charm and looks like very reasonable prices.

Mike V.
Jun 15, 2016

And if you rent thru an owner rather than thru Harborside resort you save a lot of money. Rooms are always clean and well maintained. The workers there are also very helpful and eager to help you.

Al
Oct 23, 2016

Glad to read all these positive reviews. I also got a request from them for my St. John timeshare and it all sounded good. I made some changes to the contract and requested Paypal payment. I did get a little nervous when I got the signed contract back from them and googled the person's name because I came up with several sketchy findings of arrests, etc. associated with the name. Hoping that turns out to be someone else with the same unusual name. Anyway, I will keep you updated on how it goes.

UPDATE: Turns out they are great to work with and I already got the 50% deposit I requested.

UPDATE #2: The final payment was due on 12/24 but I receive it today, 12/9.

Judith P.

Last edited by judithp9 on Dec 09, 2016 01:26 PM

Sep 13, 2017

Here is a 2017 Update. I am an owner at the Westin Kaanapali in Maui. I had 2 weeks available for March of 2018 and StayPC contacted me indicating they had someone interested in ONE of the weeks. Initially I was a bit skeptical because there are many scams in the Timeshare Marketplace, however I did my research, talked to them (always extremely professional and low pressure) and after feeling more comfortable with things I accepted their terms / agreement and 100% payment. As a matter of fact, I increased my price by about $30/day because their guest was only taking 1 of my 2 weeks. After they confirmed with their guest (took them under 2 hours), we proceeded forward. Staypc paid me faster than they initially said (took only a day), and paid 100% of my fees (I am in Canada, and because they have to do a wire, they sent only one payment vs. the 50/50 arrangement that is more customary). Fact is at NO TIME did I lose control of my timeshare "ownership", and at no time do they imply that I should. OF COURSE you have to change the name on the week to their name / client so people saying it's a scam and completely uninformed. I told Staypc in an email that I will gladly sell future weeks to them, and also that I'd happily post this truthful and very positive review. They are a great business. I think the reason people use them is because of the comfort level of dealing with a business over and over again to book all their vacations, rather than dealing with private individuals who they dont know - making them difficult to trust. Very happy with Staypc, and happy to answer any questions for anyone else. Don

Don Monty
Sep 13, 2017

Dito Don, All my transactions have happened that way. They are great !!!

Mark B.
Sep 15, 2017

Hi - the exact same thing happened to me last year and I was also concerned but it turned out that StayPC is absolutely legitimate. They rented my week at full price, paid quickly and there were no problems. Others have had issues with their contract and I had them change one thing but other than that it was a smooth, easy and profitable transaction. I already contacted them this year and they listed my week on a site they manage but unfortunately it is on St. John, USVI so it will most likely be uninhabitable for some time to come.

Judith P.
Sep 15, 2017

Hi Judith, Sorry to hear that. They will come back and you can rent next year. Good luck.

Mark B

Mark B.
Sep 17, 2017

StayPC is completely legitimate and many people on both sides of transactions with them report being entirely satisfied.

However, for reasons I do not claim to know or understand, StayPC selectively "cherry picks" the locations and the resorts where they will handle rentals for owners. There are very popular vacation locations where StayPC doesn't (and won't) handle or offer rentals at all. This is not a criticism, just an objective observation of indisputable fact (and my own confusion and lack of understanding regarding this odd StayPC policy)..

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Sep 17, 2017 01:32 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.