Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Has anyone used Redweek's Full Service Timeshare Resale to sell their timeshare?????

Jan 13, 2017

brucem385 wrote:
What would be really great is if there was someway of seeing what a listing sold for much like when a house sells or like when something sells on ebay. Redweek should consider adding that feature as it might help people to price their timeshares for sale appropriately instead of just relying on what the list price of similar timeshares are because as we all know lists prices don't tell anyone how much things are really selling for. :) Cheers!

I understand your point (and phyl21's input above as well), but it's virtually impossible to ACCURATELY determine what final terms may have been reached between a seller and a buyer in most resale timeshare transactions, regardless of what the "asking" price may have been in an ad. For starters, unless you're comparing the same week number, in the same sized unit, at the very same resort you are just comparing apples to oranges anyhow.

Personally, I might (and I do) readily tell a site (including RedWeek) that I have succeeded in selling my week(s) as a result of advertising on their particular site, but I frankly would not choose to disclose final selling price or further details. I feel (and this is admittedly just my own personal opinion and viewpoint) that those details are really a private matter between the buyer and the seller. Also, a single number as a "sold price", standing all alone by itself, does not reveal the whole picture anyhow. For example, who paid the closing costs (likely at least several hundred dollars)? Were the next use years' maintenance fees pre-paid by the seller in order to "close the deal"? (that's another $500-$1,200 right there). If the resort imposes a "transfer fee" (and yes, most do so), then who paid it, buyer or seller? (Wyndham charges $299, Hyatt charges $699 --- even small independent places usually charge at least $100 as a transfer fee, separate from all other closing costs). In short, one "sold" figure standing alone by itself as a single number paints a very incomplete picture. Nonetheless, I wish you luck and success.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 14, 2017 08:41 PM

Jan 15, 2017

After checking the "What is My Timeshare Worth?" Page, I did not understand how to look for sales that were on floating weeks.

When I looked up my Resort it only showed me specific week sales and when I clicked for floating, I got nothing.

Joan M.
Jun 26, 2017

Has anyone had luck selling?

Sara M.
Jun 26, 2017

Our full-service resale team have sold many timeshares. You will find some of the owner testimonials on this page: Testimonials

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Jun 27, 2019

I am trying but with limited success. My listing posts the yearly maintenance and goes on to post that two weeks will not be available in the upcoming year. But what they won't also add is that those two weeks are rented (for over 40% of the full year's maintenance) and that any buyer will get that income. Strange that they would not post apples to apples.

David K.
Jun 28, 2019

Hello Dave, As per our email communications, we were not able to advertise what you were proposing. We cannot add to a posting, information that we have no proof of. As per our last communication, we were able to adjust the verbiage to mention what is available and what is not available for the new buyer without having to use terms such as "income generating" which we cannot do. We modified the posting to mention you are willing to offer a discount because of the weeks that are not available in 2020. Thanks! Lorna Q.

Lorna Q.
RedWeek.com
Aug 27, 2021

Never mind reselling my timeshare, i can't seem to even get it listed on Redweek. Paid all my fees and paperwork in June. It's now last week of August. My inquiries receive same generic email from a Natalia saying someone from Redweek will be contacting me in next few days to complete my full service paid for listing. This has been going on since June. It's just NOT happening. Guess you gotta be careful...

Frederick W.
Aug 27, 2021

Frederick: It appears your full-service representative Sara has been communicating with you. Her last response to you was today. Please check your spam folder if you are not receiving her emails and add support@redweek.com to your safe senders' list to prevent any future filtering. You can also call 1-866-971-1737 between 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. Pacific time, Monday through Friday, to speak with a representative. Thanks!

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Aug 27, 2021

yea, post is quite old but question/answer stays : you timeshare worthless. Redweek is another scam you will sign contract to pay them fees for stuff you will be giving away anyways. Did anyone got proper valuation via redweek how much your timeshare worth?

Alex R.
Aug 28, 2021

Alex: It appears you just created a free guest account yesterday and have not used our website. We do not charge commission unless you sell your timeshare. You only pay a small fee upfront to advertise your timeshare on our website and you do not sign any contracts. If using our full-service resale option, a timeshare broker will provide you with a valuation for your timeshare week. We also provide a page to view the sales history for your resort: What's My Timeshare Worth

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Last edited by phyl21 on Aug 28, 2021 08:27 AM

Aug 28, 2021

alexr200 wrote:
yea, post is quite old but question/answer stays : you timeshare worthless.

The sad reality is over 90% of the units available are worth about zero dollars resale. You can list your unit for sale for thousands of dollars if you wish but who is going to buy it when similar units like yours are probably available for free?

Sadly, many owners of units like yours refuse to believe that their units are worth very little and then they have a hard time selling them. Worse yet, they end up falling for these upfront fee resale scam artists who make the owners believe that they can get huge bucks for their units.

Lance C.
Jan 15, 2022

Just wanting your experience using Redweek's full service? Also, are you an owner or past owner at Westin Princeville's Ocean resort?

Mahalomomma

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.