The Manhattan Club

The Manhattan Club Lawsuit - RedWeek's Report & Most Recent Info

May 31, 2019

What. Is Zimmerman’s game plan ? Will joining the law suit stave off the over due maintainance fees owed by many ? We’ would like a settlement agreement for the over due fees and to start anew with reasonable yearly fees

Sana A.
Jun 01, 2019

you are urged to contact mr zimmerman regarding your questions and concerns. your comments are shared by other TMC owners.

sanaa3 wrote:
What. Is Zimmerman’s game plan ? Will joining the law suit stave off the over due maintainance fees owed by many ? We’ would like a settlement agreement for the over due fees and to start anew with reasonable yearly fees

Chris V.
Jun 03, 2019

Let me get this straight Zena--You want your delinquent maintenance fees to be forgiven, realizing that mine were increased because of your delinquency. How nice. Consider yourself lucky if you not only have to pay the back fees, but are also charged interest and late fees. Also keep an eye on your credit scores.

William M.
Jul 04, 2019

Any news re/the attempt to get an owners list?

William M.
Jul 04, 2019

Yes, William is absolutely right. Those who paid their maintenance fees had their fees go up because of non payment of other owners. Hope we will get some restitution.

Laura H.
Jul 05, 2019

that's a contrived myth, an easy way to explain away TMC management's greed. place blame for rising maintenance fees appropriately, not on those who can't afford or wish not, to pay.

laurah136 wrote:
Yes, William is absolutely right. Those who paid their maintenance fees had their fees go up because of non payment of other owners. Hope we will get some restitution.

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Jul 05, 2019 03:16 PM

Jul 05, 2019

I agree with what you say about TMC management but the total budget for 2020 is about $55 million and the reserve for bad debts (non payment of maintenance fees) is almost $12 million. I'm not passing judgment on anyone who chooses to not pay or can't pay the fees, but calling it a myth is a stretch at best.

Robert P.
Jul 05, 2019

Robert - you are entirely correct. All of us signed a binding contract and are responsible for the maintenance fees - the other owners who pay are having to absorb the debts of others who choose not to pay. The timeshare owners are not to be blamed for the fraud perpetrated by Eichner and his cronies yet those who pay are adversely financially affected again when others fail to pay their maintenance fees. It is not the M.C. times share association who caused the problem yet it is the association that suffers and all of us owners are the Association. We all got scammed and hopefully, Mr. Zimmerman will help us right many of the wrongs we have all suffered at the hands of Eichner and his handpicked Board members.

Gail J.
Jul 06, 2019

"All of us signed a binding contract and are responsible........"

if ALL of us signed a binding contract, then ALL of us should live up to the articles of the contract. a truism: TMC started out with a fraudulent contractual agreement and continues to perpetuate total fraud. an opinion, but a reasonable one............the contract is probably null and void for both parties until all articles are met by BOTH PARTIES, e.g., exorbitantly rising maintenance fees. we were all told at the infamous sales presentations that basically, maintenance fees (from around $600) would rise "very slightly over the course of the years." is a 500% raise considered "very slightly?" my fees are currently $3,200, from an original $600, approximations but very near reality

the above statement is not an argument, but essentially a declaration of fact. the bottom line is: we owners should have taken over the BOARD OF DIRECTORS long ago. we still have a fraudulent BOD with three puppets, non-sponsor board members, without directorial and decision-making voices......another breach of contract by the proven fraudulent developer, ian bruce eichner, the same scammer who sold us our contract/shares under misleading and untruthful statements made by his well-trained staff of proven liars.

tulipblossom wrote:
Robert - you are entirely correct. All of us signed a binding contract and are responsible for the maintenance fees - the other owners who pay are having to absorb the debts of others who choose not to pay. The timeshare owners are not to be blamed for the fraud perpetrated by Eichner and his cronies yet those who pay are adversely financially affected again when others fail to pay their maintenance fees. It is not the M.C. times share association who caused the problem yet it is the association that suffers and all of us owners are the Association. We all got scammed and hopefully, Mr. Zimmerman will help us right many of the wrongs we have all suffered at the hands of Eichner and his handpicked Board members.

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Jul 06, 2019 07:02 AM

Jul 06, 2019

Just because there are other contributing factors to maintenance fee increases, doesn't mean the non payments have no impact. They do and it is probably quite substantial.

chrisv126 wrote:
An easy way to explain away TMC management's greed. place blame for rising maintenance fees appropriately, not on those who can't afford or wish not, to pay.

laurah136 wrote:

William M.

Last edited by phyl21 on Jul 06, 2019 09:56 AM

Jul 06, 2019

"They {maintenance fees} do and it is probably quite substantial." your statement seems reasonable. however, if eichner and his fraud corps, did not continue to impose unreasonable, irresponsible, exorbitant M fee increases since initial purchase (upwards of 500%,) more owners would be able to afford to pay, and we wouldn't have the deficit that you adhere to (if this is a contributing factor, an issue still to be proven financially.)

williamm465 wrote:
Just because there are other contributing factors to maintenance fee increases, doesn't mean the non payments have no impact. They do and it is probably quite substantial.

chrisv126 wrote:
An easy way to explain away TMC management's greed. place blame for rising maintenance fees appropriately, not on those who can't afford or wish not, to pay.

laurah136 wrote:

Chris V.

Last edited by phyl21 on Jul 06, 2019 09:57 AM

Jul 07, 2019

It doesn't take rocket science to realize that many unpaid maintenance fees cause them to increase. What has to be proven??

I probably agree that a 500% is very high. What year did you purchase Chris?

William M.
Jul 07, 2019

I did not sign a contract but inherited my mother in laws two units. She passed away in 2009. They are still sending the bills to us in her name even though I have repeatedly talked to them about her passing. I have paid up until now. They don't care. The trust has been depleted. The other issue, as I see it, is that they constantly advertise the Manhattan Club on facebook and other venues as a hotel. It is cheaper to book a room through them than what we are paying as owners. That should be a major concern.

Marion F.
Jul 07, 2019

"It doesn't take rocket science to realize that many unpaid maintenance fees cause them to increase. What has to be proven??"

would you accept the fact that neither of us (i am not) is a rocket scientist? what needs to be demonstrated is that some owners' non-payment of maintenance fees is increasing the amount of maintenance fees, which is probably unlikely.

"probably agree" doesn't do justice to the fact that a 500+% increase in MF's is usuriously and hurtfully exorbitant causing many owners to default on payment for their own reasons, unaffordably being the main culprit. fyi, i purchased in 2002 and painfully experienced MF increases up to the current 500%. with financial effort and good vibes from a supreme being, i am still (barely) able to make my payments. if things go as forecast by past experience, i'm not sure i will be in a position to continue to maintain MY PART OF THE CONTRACTUAL AGREEMENT, partly in opposition to the other parties of the contract having broken their part of this agreement in a criminal and fraudulent manner (assumed to make the contract void and in need of re-negotiation) , and partly because i simply will not be able to afford these payments.

i hope that you'll agree that most non-payment of MF, owners are not purposely attempting to financially burden other paying owners. that non-payment of maintenance fees greatly contribute to MF increases, is a contention that still needs to be demonstrably proven. it's not a totally unlikely conclusion, but one that might be exaggerated and is still yet to be shown as a direct cause. i implore you to consider putting the primary blame on avarice and greed on the part of TMC as initially planned by its developer IAN BRUCE EICHNER. also keep in mind that this fraud is being perpetuated by BLUEGREEN, our current maleficent leader.

williamm465 wrote:
It doesn't take rocket science to realize that many unpaid maintenance fees cause them to increase. What has to be proven??

I probably agree that a 500% is very high. What year did you purchase Chris?

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Jul 07, 2019 09:42 AM

Jul 08, 2019

I agree with everything you said Chris V except: a) "what needs to be demonstrated is that some owners' non-payment of maintenance fees is increasing the amount of maintenance fees, which is probably unlikely." b)"...this fraud is being perpetuated by BLUEGREEN, our current maleficent leader."

Unless I'm missing something, Bluegreen has done nothing objectionable so far.

William M.
Jul 08, 2019

"perpetuated by BLUEGREEN" do you see altruistic motives with the current management team? please point them out.

have you seen a decrease in maintenance fees, or a call from bluegreen for those not paying them to do so avoiding the increases?

non-payment of maintenance fees causing a rise in maintenance fees has yet to be proven, currently, a contrived myth as i quote myself or, if this premise is correct, please show demonstrative proof.

please consider the current management we're dealing with. what, if any worthwhle changes or improvements have been visibly apparent? they, like eichner, are not our guardian angels. we've gone from similar (eichner) to similar (bluegreen) each of the same ilk.............or from bad (eichner) to worse (bluegreen).

do some bluegreen research to note its track record. SURPRISE.

i truly hope you're not of the opinion that this is an argument for argument sake. i wouldn't waste my time on frivolity. if fact, i'll change the word "argument" to "challenge", or even "debate". i do not see this as a winning/losing contest of wits. most of us TMC owners are in a similar unfortunate circumstance according to our levels of tolerance.

please allow me to help make the situation clear about bluegreen. this is not my opinion but the opinions of at least 550 others. that's about .027 PRO. the remainder of opinions of bluegreen is CON

either click on or copy/paste the following:...................................

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/travel/bluegreen.html?page=2

rather telling don't you think? from my point of view, bluegreen is no better and possibly worse than the eichner fraud/scam. by now we should all realize that, with few exceptions, there is little, if any, honesty in the timeshare industry. some, like TMC/BLUEGREEN, are much worse than others.

i ask your same question to me: how long have you been an owner at TMC?

get back

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Jul 08, 2019 02:31 PM

Jul 08, 2019

bill, if i may, these issues are perpetuated by BLUEGREEN. do you see altruistic motives with the current management team? please point them out.

have you seen a decrease in maintenance fees, or a call from bluegreen for those not paying them to do so avoiding the increases?

non-payment of maintenance fees causing a rise in maintenance fees has yet to be proven, currently, a contrived myth as i quote myself or, if this premise is incorrect, please show demonstrative proof.

please consider the current management we're dealing with. what, if any, worthwhile changes or improvements have been visibly apparent? bluegreen , like eichner, is not our guardian angel. we've gone from similar (eichner) to similar (bluegreen) each of the same greedy, fraudulent ilk.............or from bad (eichner) to worse (bluegreen).

i hope you're not of the opinion that this is an argument for argument sake. i wouldn't waste my time on frivolity. if fact, i'll change the word "argument" to "challenge" or even "debate", one of which is not a win-or-lose situation, rather a matter of seeing eye to eye . please allow me to help make the situation clear about bluegreen.

either click on or copy/paste the following:...................................

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/travel/bluegreen.html?page=2

rather telling don't you think? from my point of view, bluegreen is no better and possibly worse than the eichner fraud/scam. by now we should all realize that, with few exceptions, there is little, if any, honesty in the timeshare industry. some, like TMC/BLUEGREEN, are much worse than others.that's .027 PRO; the rest are CON............A PICTURE OF OUR NEW MANAGEMENT; NOT TOO ENCOURAGING.

get back

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Jul 08, 2019 12:36 PM

Jul 08, 2019

Zimmerman will also get Statutory Attorney fees PLUS 30% and 1250 each. It should be capped as is more typical . Willing to wait to see what new owner will offer I think. Reached out to Zimmerman; no response yet.

Elaine J.
Jul 08, 2019

it appears that our victory over TMC (still questionable) is worth the $1250. if we owners win, with an acceptable outcome, let zimmerman have his share.

suzanne, this is, most likely our best and last shot at some form benefits derived from the lawsuit, unless of course, you come up with a better strategy.

i believe you're hoping against hope that bluegreen will make us any kind of "reasonable offer" other than pennies on the dollar to "buy" our shares. bluegreen does not have that kind of fair mentality similar to the other fraud, eichner.

try contacting zimmerman at these sources:

CONTACT ​ E-MAIL JMZ@ZIMLLP.COM ​ PHONE (908) 768-6408 ​ FAX (908) 935-0751

MAIL 233 WATCHUNG FORK WESTFIELD, NJ 07090

also, find over 550 reviews, mostly negative, on bluegreen at the following.............copy/paste the following to your address bar. this will emphasize what kind of management we're dealing with:....................................

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/travel/bluegreen.html?page=2 ​

suzannes312 wrote:
Zimmerman will also get Statutory Attorney fees PLUS 30% and 1250 each. It should be capped as is more typical . Willing to wait to see what new owner will offer I think. Reached out to Zimmerman; no response yet.

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Jul 09, 2019 03:58 PM

Jul 09, 2019

I read through many of the Bluegreen reviews on the Consumer Affairs site and nearly all of them said do not do business with this company, it's a scam, they lied etc.

I think the 2 or more positive reviews are fake.

Louise A.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.