The Manhattan Club

The Manhattan Club Lawsuit - RedWeek's Report & Most Recent Info

Feb 02, 2015

Hi guys,

Trying again -- the You Tube share link above still works for me (they removed the video.cnbc.com one... http://youtu.be/tQiyeJhecDU

Kylie
RedWeek.com
Feb 03, 2015

kyliec wrote:
Hi guys,

Trying again -- the You Tube share link above still works for me (they removed the video.cnbc.com one... http://youtu.be/tQiyeJhecDU

face it, this is old news and shows no current progress of the AG/TMC lawsuit. owners need to know NOW the progress, if any, of this litigation. hopefully jeff weir will be reporting current news soon on redweek. com.

chris

Chris V.
Feb 13, 2015

From Jeff, our Chief Correspondent: A new court filing in the Manhattan Club case shows how far and wide that Attorney General Eric Schneiderman is looking into the financial affairs of the Manhattan Club. The Feb. 11 filing can be viewed through this link.

In the document, the AG seeks financial records for the timeshare company going back to 2008, including sales and rentals of timeshare units; copies of the Manhattan Club’s contracts to provide rooms for exchange company RCI and two other well-known vacation clubs, Disney and Bluegreen; bank statements, employee lists, e-mails, and and metadata files (electronic files) of the club’s homeowner association. The file also asserts that the Attorney General has “consistently received misinformation or incomplete information” from the Manhattan Club in response to prior requests for information. Many of the requested documents are due to be filed with the AG’s office by the close of business today, Feb. 13. The remainder are to be filed by Feb. 27. While the AG’s voluminous search for information continues, New York Special Court Referee Stephen E. Liebman agreed to schedule a hearing on the case for March 6. We’ll provide more information about the case in a follow-up report on RedWeek.com.

Kylie
RedWeek.com
Feb 22, 2015

Hi all, important news in the Manhattan Club investigation: the attorney general's office has launched an outreach campaign - they want to hear from owners now!. The details, and more info on recent filings from Jeff just posted on our blog: http://blog.redweek.com/2015/02/attorney-general-launches-outreach-to-manhattan-club-owners.html

Kylie
RedWeek.com
Jun 02, 2015

New article: Bruce Eichner Asks Court to Lift Sales Ban at the Manhattan Club --

http://commercialobserver.com/2015/05/bruce-eichner-asks-court-to-lift-sales-ban-at-manhattan-club-timeshare

What do you think about lifting this ban? Allowing buyers who are aware of the investigation to purchase?

Kylie
RedWeek.com
Jun 02, 2015

$400,000,000. just isn't enough for these greedy s.o.b.'s! We have literally lost weeks because we kept thinking we would get reservations and then it was too late to deposit with RCI!!!!Furthermore, our annual maintenance is roughly $2600. - for that kind of money we can stay in almost any equivalent hotel in New York City!!!! As was pointed out, Eichners have hired a criminal lawyer, no longer their "family" civil lawyer so that they can pay him big bucks to get them off the hook but I think the hundreds of us that are caught in this scam should speak out real, real loudly!!!!

Barbara D.
Jun 03, 2015

It seems to me that basically, Eichner et al are asking the court to absolve them of any wrongdoing and allow them to proceed with business as usual, ie, scalping people on a fraudulent offering. Can we write to the judge in this case and express our dissatisfaction with Eichner's business practices?

joy
Jun 07, 2015

Have you seem the latest email from the MC? Everything is dandy at their end.

David H.
Jun 07, 2015

davidh1203.........hav not seen the latest mc email.........please post it or summarize the contents to keep us informed.

thanks,

chris

Chris V.
Jun 10, 2015

New article from Jeff just posted on our blog this morning, if you haven't seen it already:

http://blog.redweek.com/2015/06/eichners-seek-dismissal-from-manhattan-club-investigation.html

Please share with others who are interested in this case. Thanks!

Kylie
RedWeek.com
Jun 12, 2015

How can the Eichners ask to be dismissed from the case on grounds they committed no personal wrongdoing? We know they didn't personally sell each and every one of us our timeshares, but they tell the sales team what to say and do as controlling owners of TMC and Urban, the company that manages the Manhattan Club's HOA. What don't they own and manage as it relates to this scam? They personally oversee a Ponzi scheme whereby they keep finding new owners to sell the same thing over and over.

Beth C.
Jun 12, 2015

bethc222...hi, how right you are! since eichner and cronies own the business, he/they are ultimately responsible concerning what goes on in every department of the manhattan club operation, including the scam and fraud-ridden sales department (such as it was). eichner is the MAN, THE CHIEF, THE BOSS. he taught his sales staff very well as we owners know. he taught them how to weasel around giving open, true and transparent statements and answers concerning each and every sale. this sales staff served their MAN, CHIEF..............BOSS very well, just as they were instructed to do, by HIM; ergo, the ultimate responsibility lies directly with eichner and gang. the sales staff was HIS AGENT. he shouldn't be allowed to weasel his way out of this one via his sharp new york attorney, a CRIMINAL ATTORNEY if you will. a ponzi scheme INDEED. i'd like to know who the current 21 purchasers are that eichner is asking the court to lift the ban on his sale function. my guess is that these "purchasers" are "plants" devised by eichner (probably relatives, friends or acquaintances). i thought he wasn't allowed to perform any sales activity as dictated by the judge in this case. i also wonder (if he was legally allowed to sell to the 21 people) why they would want to buy into a situation that is clouded and mired in mega legal proceedings, especially concerning sales schemes and fraud, this issue having been initiated by the new york state attorney general, not just a class action suit. my feeling is that eichner is running scared. satisfying these so-called purchasers seems to be a last-ditch effort for him to pick himself up from the gutter.

keep in touch.

chris.

Chris V.
Aug 11, 2015

I am totally done. The tipping point for me is when a guy named Jeff Weir from red week communicates with my via email stating the details for the 8/2 meeting are to follow.... well after repeatedly calling, emailing and texting up to the very morning of the meeting I got stuck... no way of knowing where the meeting was to take place. I am cutting my losses because this is hopeless... every year that goes buy is another year I can be recouping losses by not having to pay yet another years maintenance fees. The "time share exit team" company is actually legit. you have to pay them to dismantle your contract but in the long run it will be worth it. They are BBB accredited and they are the real deal. I met with them last month and i told Jeff about it... we were supposed to gather more information about that company and share it at the meeting. Jeff has helped push me in the direction of returning to these people who have a way out. I don't want this disease to continue to infect me, and even worse, get passed down to my kids. Goodbye manhattan club scumbags, thanks for robbing 20 thousand hard earned blue collar dollars from me and my family... i hope all of those people who engaged in the robbery of all these innocent people rot in hell and I hope karma comes to them and their loved ones in the worse possible way. #20,000InTheGarbage. Special shout out to Tiffany Lane, please do the world a favor and walk in front of a bus thanks!

Milan R.
Aug 12, 2015

hi milanr2,

we share common feelings/emotions: anger and frustration, but please put these feelings in perspective and in the right direction..... towards all the principals, starting with eichener, his family, his underlings and attorneys at THE MANHATTANFRAUD CLUB. BUT, PLEASE, NOT TOWARD JEFF WEIR. he and others did a productive job of organizing, planning and executing the meeting of the MANHATTANFRAUD CLUB OWNERS. jeff and the other organizers of our aug 2 meeting appointed key people to assist us in answering our questions regarding maintenance fees, reservations and other issues. the meeting time and place were noted here at redweek.com by jeff, greg crist and shep well in advance of the proceedings. it appears that you might have missed these notifications, but through no fault of the organizers. the information about this meeting was clear and appeared numerous times in this forum. my wife and i attended the meeting and found it to be very informative although the answers to many questions were mostly vague due to the current proceedings of the NYSAG'S and his case against the MANHATTANFRAUD CLUB. the final results of the NYSAG'S case are key to some kind of resolution for us shareowners being shammed and defrauded by THE MANHATTANFRAUD CLUB.

neither jeff nor any of the organizers or redweek.com are miracle workers, and that goes for guest speakers at the aug 2 meeting. as for your decision to use the TIMESHARE EXIT TEAM to help out of your MC deed, neither jeff nor anyone else in this forum is an authorized adviser to direct you in your decision. personally, and in very sympathetic manner (having been dumb enough to do this about 3 years ago:) DO NOT GIVE ANYONE ANY MONEY UP FRONT TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT YOUR MC TIMESHARE. IF THEY ASK FOR NICKEL UP FRONT, DITCH THEM IMMEDIATELY. IT SMELLS AND SPELLS "FRAUD."

milanr2, this response not meant to tell you what to do or how to think. it has been written in friendly manner for you to consider rethinking the direction of your anger and frustration (WHICH WE ALL FEEL................ABOUT THE MANHATTANFRAUD CLUB.)

please keep in touch.

chris

milanr2 wrote:
I am totally done. The tipping point for me is when a guy named Jeff Weir from red week communicates with my via email stating the details for the 8/2 meeting are to follow.... well after repeatedly calling, emailing and texting up to the very morning of the meeting I got stuck... no way of knowing where the meeting was to take place. I am cutting my losses because this is hopeless... every year that goes buy is another year I can be recouping losses by not having to pay yet another years maintenance fees. The "time share exit team" company is actually legit. you have to pay them to dismantle your contract but in the long run it will be worth it. They are BBB accredited and they are the real deal. I met with them last month and i told Jeff about it... we were supposed to gather more information about that company and share it at the meeting. Jeff has helped push me in the direction of returning to these people who have a way out. I don't want this disease to continue to infect me, and even worse, get passed down to my kids. Goodbye manhattan club scumbags, thanks for robbing 20 thousand hard earned blue collar dollars from me and my family... i hope all of those people who engaged in the robbery of all these innocent people rot in hell and I hope karma comes to them and their loved ones in the worse possible way. #20,000InTheGarbage. Special shout out to Tiffany Lane, please do the world a favor and walk in front of a bus thanks!

Chris V.
Aug 27, 2015

How was your experience with Time Share Exit Team?

Deborah N.
May 23, 2016

Hello -

Has anyone had any experience renouncing or abandoning this timeshare?

Christine L.
May 23, 2016

There are some who've just stopped paying anything, and dealing with whatever action that TMC might take (i've not heard of anything except possible reports to the credit reporting services - and there are ways to deal directly with these services to prevent any downgrading of your credit score)

Dennis C.
May 24, 2016

I recently stopped paying my annual fees however I have not heard back from either TMC or my Discover card who is disputing the charges. I do have a question however, which is this....since we have a Deed for the percentage of ownership can we still sell our percentage even if we have not paid our fees if we find a buyer who is willing to pay the past due amount? It just seems that the Deed should be worth something. Does anyone know?

Becky F
Jun 07, 2016

I am searching for updated information as of 2016.I read somewhere earlier about a court date in June. Has this event come and gone ?

Rita P.
Jun 09, 2016

next court date June 14 in Manhattan to discuss motions to block depositions of Eichner, Lager and others. Defense team contends that clients may be in jeopardy if they testify in AG's civil investigation because of possibility that AG might use their testimony in a possible criminal case against the Eichners

Jeffrey W.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.