The Manhattan Club

The Manhattan Club Lawsuit - RedWeek's Report & Most Recent Info

Jun 15, 2016

RE: upcoming annual meeting

Is there any sense in us actively pushing for low vote (below 15 %) to discredit existing board??? Do we want to vote these bastards back in and or is there a real candidate for us to get behind

Sidney F.
Jun 15, 2016

If you are unable to attend the court hearings, please write to Judge Rackower (snail mail, not email) to let her know that, as Rosanna put it, we are real people who have been harmed by the actions of Eichner et al. The more we- as the injured parties - make our voices heard and list our concerns, the more of an impact it will make on any thoughts and/or decisions in court.

Many of us would love to show our support for the AG's positions, but time and money constraints prevent us from doing so. Writing to the judge is a way to make ourselves heard.

Your letter does not have to be long or detailed. Just provide contact information in case the court wants to get in touch with you for more information.

Justice Eileen Rackower Supreme Court of the State of New York 71 Thomas Street New York, New York 10013

Janet H.
Jun 15, 2016

having any other candidates wasn't option given by ian fraud eichner. my opinion: VOTE "AGAINST" FOR ALL CANDIDATES. yes, these candidates are JOKINGLY a part of us owners..................what a farce. when have we heard from any one of them supporting our complaints and causes? NEVER. they all deserve what they earned: our disrespect, and their ousting from the board.

keep in touch'

chris volpe

sidneyf6 wrote:
RE: upcoming annual meeting

Is there any sense in us actively pushing for low vote (below 15 %) to discredit existing board??? Do we want to vote these bastards back in and or is there a real candidate for us to get behind

Chris V.
Jul 23, 2016

To dennisc283, in your comments of May 23, 2016, you mention, "there are ways to deal directly with these services to prevent any downgrading of your credit score." What are those ways? The MC raised my monthly mortgage payment several months ago (apparently Eichner is feeling the NYAG's squeeze - I hope it's painful!) with about 10 days notice. I closed the bank account they were drawing monthly payments from, and started sending them checks on time at the old monthly rate. They have just reported me to the credit bureaus as delinquent, and my credit score dropped from "good" to "poor" immediately. What can I do to prevent/reverse this downgrading? Thanks.

Sally W.
Jul 23, 2016

You can contact the credit rating services and tell them of the case & dispute-they will then put a stop or ignore reports from TMC

Dennis C.
Jul 25, 2016

Thank you for this information, Dennis. Getting through to the credit rating services is devilish - any hints to getting through to someone who knows what they are doing? Did they send you a confirmation that they would ignore or stop?

Justine C.
Jul 26, 2016

Justine,

You should also be following "The Manhattan Club Lawsuit" on this site.

Anyway, We own 2 weeks, one purchased outright, and the other financed thru TMC finance arm, O. Park Central. We stopped paying on the mortgage as well as maintenance on both weeks. TMC did post a negative comment on our credit for not paying the loan, but I was successful in forcing Transunion to remove the negative comment by proving to them that they were posting negative comments based on reports that were submitted by a company that was itself under criminal investigation by the NY Attorney General for fraud. It was a fight to get the comment removed and I did file a complaint against the credit agency with the federal Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. That seemed to do it. The negative posting was removed and our excellent credit score was restored.

I'll be happy to share my correspondence with the credit bureau if you email me directly.

Ultimately, after this whole legal mess gets sorted out, the only recourse TMC will have is to take back our weeks. What are they going to do, sue thousands of us individually for a few thousand dollars each? Will never happen.

Anyway, knowing what we now know about the fraudulent, criminal activity of TMC, why would you consider continuing to send them money?

EVERYONE HAS TO STOP SENDING THESE CROOKS MONEY. YOU'RE FUNDING TMC FIGHT AGAINST US AND THE AG.

Bob Biello rbiello2@gmail.com

Robert B.
Sep 03, 2016

What is the latest going on as of today, September 3, 2016

George C.

You can email me at gmcdent@gmail.com

George M.

Last edited by gorgem on Sep 03, 2016 01:18 PM

May 05, 2017

What can you do to prevent this? Try paying your bills on time and in full. I am very happy with my ownership, but my fees go up in part because dead beats don't fulfill their obligations. I guess it's a sign of the times. "I screwed up, but it is someone else's fault."

William M.

Last edited by williamm465 on May 05, 2017 05:58 AM

May 05, 2017

Many of us who are unhappy with TMC and its policies ARE paying our maintenance fees and taxation to TMC on time and in full.

Janet H.
Jul 29, 2017

TMC do not offer an exit for owners.They require that the owner find a buyer -a task that is quite impossible nowadays Does anybody have a suggestion?

Yehuda H.
Jul 29, 2017

can't offer advice on actions to take at this time. my opinion is "hang in there" until the current litigation: NYSAG VS TMC (IAN BRUCE EICHNER), is settled. i'll not even consider offering a time frame on that one!

an action that i recommend NOT TAKING is connecting (often with up-front fees) with the services of a so-called expert timeshare sales realtors or a companies that promise to get you out of, i.e., EXIT, your timeshare and relieving of your maintenance and tax obligations. to me, that's a load of lies and garbage. if the EXIT company relieves you of your contractual obligations of timeshare ownership, where does the real property, the timeshare, go? perhaps these EXIT companies know more than we do about this, but do not divulge these trade secrets about the disposition of the real property timeshare, because they might be making a fortune on this concept.

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU PAY UP-FRONT FEES TO ANY REALTOR OR EXIT COMPANY. WHEN THEY SELL YOUR TIMESHARE, THEY DESERVE THE EARNED AND CONTRACTED COMMISSION AMOUNT. WHEN THE EXIT COMPANY SENDS YOU LEGALLY APPROVED PAPERWORK THAT YOU ARE NO LONGER OBLIGATED TO THE TIMESHARE DEED AGREEMENT (E.G., MAINTENANCE AND TAX PAYMENTS) AND THE DEED CONTRACT BECOMING NULL AND VOID, THEN THEY SHOULD BE PAID THE CONTRACTUAL AMOUNT AGREED UPON FOR THEIR SERVICE.

BUT.........................................NO $$$$$$$$$ UP-FRONT. I SPEAK FROM EXPERIENCE HAVING PAID A REALTOR IN ORLANDO, FLORIDA $1,000 UP-FRONT COMMISSION TO SELL MY MANHATTAN CLUB PENTHOUSE...............ABOUT 5 YEARS AGO. THIS SHAM/FRAUD ARTIST DISAPPEARED FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH (AS I KNOW IT) AND HIS PHONE NUMBER WAS DISCONNECTED AT HIS REQUEST. HIS FIRST NAME WAS JESSE.......AS IN JESSE JAMES, THE FAMOUS OUTLAW AND THIEF IN OLD WESTERNS.

BEWARE, FOLKS.

keep in touch.

chris

yehudah wrote:
TMC do not offer an exit for owners.They require that the owner find a buyer -a task that is quite impossible nowadays Does anybody have a suggestion?

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Jul 29, 2017 09:08 PM

Jul 29, 2017

Hi I am also considering to stop paying maintanance fee (no loan issues).Did they sanction you since in any other way beside the credit negative comment?

Yehuda H.
Jul 29, 2017

Hi I am also considering to stop paying maintanance fee (no loan issues).Did they sanction you since in any other way beside the credit negative comment?

robertb1802 wrote:
Justine,

Anyway, We own 2 weeks, one purchased outright, and the other financed thru TMC finance arm, O. Park Central. We stopped paying on the mortgage as well as maintenance on both weeks. TMC did post a negative comment on our credit for not paying the loan, but I was successful in forcing Transunion to remove the negative comment by proving to them that they were posting negative comments based on reports that were submitted by a company that was itself under criminal investigation by the NY Attorney General for fraud. It was a fight to get the comment removed and I did file a complaint against the credit agency with the federal Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. That seemed to do it. The negative posting was removed and our excellent credit score was restored.

I'll be happy to share my correspondence with the credit bureau if you email me directly.

Ultimately, after this whole legal mess gets sorted out, the only recourse TMC will have is to take back our weeks. What are they going to do, sue thousands of us individually for a few thousand dollars each? Will never happen.

Anyway, knowing what we now know about the fraudulent, criminal activity of TMC, why would you consider continuing to send them money?

EVERYONE HAS TO STOP SENDING THESE CROOKS MONEY. YOU'RE FUNDING TMC FIGHT AGAINST US AND THE AG.

Yehuda H.
Jul 31, 2017

my opinion: not sending a mortgage payment MIGHT be cause to refer your case to a credit rating agency, eg, the one your were able to squash with considerable effort. HOORAY FOR YOU.

on the other hand, my opinion again (including past and current experience), non payment of maintenance fees doesn't appear to be cause enough to affect your credit rating. HOORAY FOR ALL OF US WHO HAVE NOT PAID MAINTENANCE. this scenario could change according to the outcome of the current litigation (THAT'S LASTED FOR OVER 3 YEARS, LONGER THAN MANY CAPITAL CRIMES , LIKE MURDER). it's probably worth the chance to await the outcome of the lawsuit.

keep in touch

chris

yehudah wrote:

robertb1802 wrote:
Justine,

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Jul 31, 2017 08:09 AM

Aug 02, 2017

williamm465 wrote:
What can you do to prevent this? Try paying your bills on time and in full. I am very happy with my ownership, but my fees go up in part because dead beats don't fulfill their obligations. I guess it's a sign of the times. "I screwed up, but it is someone else's fault."

Sorry, williamm465, you've got that wrong. The Eichners screwed up when they thought they could permanently perpetrate their scam. Once their deception, deceit, and criminal activity were disclosed, they lost all moral right to continue fleecing their victims. As to legal right, we're still waiting to see. I didn't screw up; I honestly and openly entered into a transaction with what I thought was a legitimate and honest business. Turns out, it isn't, and I'll no longer fund their crimes or their continued fight against the law and their victims.

Sally W.
Aug 02, 2017

William - were you one of the original purchasers and have you been following this case? Were you aware the the NY Attorney General sent in investigators disguised as potential purchasers and recorded the shady dealings and this is how litigation began. Did you know that in court it was revealed that although the Manhattan Club owners are charged for management, it came out that Eichner has no employees but yet was charging a big management fee. Did you know that many, many owners were never able to get a reservation yet Eicher's side companies was renting out the units and those monies were not going to the Manhattan Club. That the owners who never got a reservation were still billed for maintenance fees. Or were you aware that people can't even give their units away? Check out resales on RedWeek.com. And were you aware that things can never change because Eicher worded the documents so that he always has control of the Board and can choose people that side with him on policy, HOA fees, contracts? Also, the court refused to allow Eichner to charge the Manhattan Club owners for his legal fees. So, I am glad you are pleased with your purchase but those of us who purchased our units based on proven misrepresentations deserve to have our day in court. We should be granted an order requiring Eichner and his co horts to repurchase our time shares for what we paid for them. And since you feel these timeshares are such a good investment, perhaps you or your friends will consider purchasing our turned in weeks. It could prove to be a good deal for new purchasers because I doubt if Eicher will ever be able to resell our timeshares for what we initially paid for them

sallyw109 wrote:
williamm465 wrote:

Sorry, williamm465, you've got that wrong. The Eichners screwed up when they thought they could permanently perpetrate their scam. Once their deception, deceit, and criminal activity were disclosed, they lost all moral right to continue fleecing their victims. As to legal right, we're still waiting to see. I didn't screw up; I honestly and openly entered into a transaction with what I thought was a legitimate and honest business. Turns out, it isn't, and I'll no longer fund their crimes or their continued fight against the law and their victims.

Gail J.
Aug 02, 2017

to sally, tulip blossom and william

i, without reservation, second sally and tulip's "motion" and comments. don't blame us for crimes committed by eichner and company aka THE MANHATTAN CLUB. why should we be funding a corporation that has shammed and defrauded us from day one. perhaps you don't realize (or don't care) that our maintenance fees have risen exponentially since purchase inception by close to or over 400%...................i repeat 400%............absurd. so keep paying if that's what makes you happy. many owners are totally unhappy with the whole TMC OPERATION AND THE CHEATING, SCAMS, LIES AND FRAUD THAT THEY HAVE GIVEN TO US.

keep in touch.

chris

tulipblossom wrote:
William - were you one of the original purchasers and have you been following this case? Were you aware the the NY Attorney General sent in investigators disguised as potential purchasers and recorded the shady dealings and this is how litigation began. Did you know that in court it was revealed that although the Manhattan Club owners are charged for management, it came out that Eichner has no employees but yet was charging a big management fee. Did you know that many, many owners were never able to get a reservation yet Eicher's side companies was renting out the units and those monies were not going to the Manhattan Club. That the owners who never got a reservation were still billed for maintenance fees. Or were you aware that people can't even give their units away? Check out resales on RedWeek.com. And were you aware that things can never change because Eicher worded the documents so that he always has control of the Board and can choose people that side with him on policy, HOA fees, contracts? Also, the court refused to allow Eichner to charge the Manhattan Club owners for his legal fees. So, I am glad you are pleased with your purchase but those of us who purchased our units based on proven misrepresentations deserve to have our day in court. We should be granted an order requiring Eichner and his co horts to repurchase our time shares for what we paid for them. And since you feel these timeshares are such a good investment, perhaps you or your friends will consider purchasing our turned in weeks. It could prove to be a good deal for new purchasers because I doubt if Eicher will ever be able to resell our timeshares for what we initially paid for them

sallyw109 wrote:
williamm465 wrote:

Chris V.
Aug 04, 2017

I agree with every word.I have been trying to give the unit back to TMC to no avail.I paid in full until last year but enough is enough.

Yehuda H.
Aug 04, 2017

What planet are you on, William? I (we) totally agree with Sally, Tulip, Chris and all the other "owners" who have been victims of the Eichner scam.

Sherylbaron B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.