The Manhattan Club

The Manhattan Club Lawsuit - RedWeek's Report & Most Recent Info

Aug 30, 2017

craig,

i think we would all turn to stone if any of us ever hear from any "one of the principals" of TMC. they're all probably holed up within the mansions that we helped to pay for. i'm looking forward to a fair and equitable financial and property settlement from the court. WISHFUL THINKING?, perhaps............but of a comforting nature.

keep in touch.

chris

craigr32 wrote:
William,

Apology accepted, and I agree with your comments that we'll have to wait and see.

There was a little part of me that hoped you had heard from/talked to one of the principals.

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Aug 30, 2017 05:21 PM

Oct 15, 2017

I would like to be alerted to further developments on this topic.

Another issue that has not been addressed is how to deal with the excessive sales over the number of available dates for units available. The number of owners who want out would have to drop substantially to balance that equation.

Dennis C.
Jan 15, 2018

What is it that Eishners should still own? It's a deeded timeshare with a surplus of oversold owners. The timeshare owners should own TMC outright plus some. A honest timeshare management company should handle the management for the remaining deeded timeshare owners.

Also regarding those who did not pay the exhorbinate maintenance fees because their inability to secure time should not be penalized. The settlement in my understanding is going to compensate according to that criteria. So why should those who did not get use to the already oversold timeshare have to pay for time they did not receive? Reasonable fees for those that did secure time should be paid by those to cover the maintenance fees. Those that were not as fortunate to secure accommodations should not have to pay for that time. Otherwise, in theory we are double paying for the same deed (maintenance and taxes) with no use of the product. A product/time we should be entitle to but unavailable due to the fraud of overselling.

Also those that want to sell back due to the excess owners should be compensated at the price they purchased. It's was fraud to oversell the time so why should those victims be penalized for anything less then what they paid? One owner to one deed is what should remain at TMC.

Furthermore, doesTMC not have liability insurance that would cover this type of mess? Or errors and omission insurance for the mistake of overselling some 14,000 units. Appears to me whoever made a decision to move TMC in a massive oversell made a very bad error.

Sharon V.
Jan 15, 2018

Some of us who paid the exhorbitant fees did not use the time at the Manhattan Club because it was just too hard to get. Rather than forsake the money, however, we exchanged through RCI. It may not be what we had intended to do when we purchased but at least we received some benefit for the fees. So, don't paint everyone with the same brush. We paid but did not secure time at the place where we purchased.

Mary B.
Jan 15, 2018

I am one of those owners who in desperation to get something, did trade w RCI on three different occassions. All of the places I went were not nearly up to the quality of the Manhattan Club, although considered a Gold Crown resort. As a matter of fact, one, in the Dominican Republic was downright disgusting. At this point, with my maintenance fees of $2600, I can get a decent hotel in NYC for the same $371 a night, and go wherever I want for a week in lieu of coming to TMC. Trying to figure out my next move, but would clearly like to get my investment back. Fortunately, I only bought a 1/2 share, but it is flexible which allows me to break it up. I might mention that since all this legal stuff started, I have had no issue getting space at TMC.

Marjorie Polk

Marjorie P.
Jan 16, 2018

this redweek.com email contains the contents of 9 pages. is this a new thread? there were 186-189 pages when i looked last.

we haven't read anything by jeff weir in some time. is it that he has no new developments to report? hope we see something from him in the near future.

chris

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Jan 16, 2018 06:39 PM

Jan 17, 2018

As stated by MaryB1644 stated; many of us paid because we were contractually obligated and had to then accept nights, other then what we actually wanted or traded our time through several timeshare companies, for different resorts. This actually added considerable additional fees + usually airfare (since I'm from NY).

So all those who didn't pay their own fees; either because of destitute (and I hope they are seeking help) or ignorance of not understanding that many shareholders cannot always expect to book the same or similar weeks at the same time or simply because they wanted to stamp their feet & declare a reason to break their contracts, rather then expecting to sometimes be flexable.....In all these cases, I see no reason for rewarding individuals who simply chose to stop paying fees.

L C.
Jan 17, 2018

To Chris126...Hi, no this is not new. There have been 2 (maybe 3) different threads running for a long time. The 189 page or 190'something- one you referred to, is more up to date (and even more repetitive).

L C.
Jan 17, 2018

We are now all aware of the fraud and overselling of some 14,000 timeshares increments. Why continue to pay into a fraudulent transaction? We don't use anyone else's time. Current owners who are now able to get the units pay for the use of their time. The 14,000 some of us who did not use the time are not paying for something we did have available to use. TMC appears to have been full with other owners or sales of rooms to the public therefore, producing revenue for the units as occupied. So how have we damaged anyone in the process. We have only protected ourselves from further exposure in the fraudulent dealing with TMC. Several times while in NYC over the last several years I have had to secure other accommodations. Even renting from owners on REDWEEK who were able to get time secured. The owners who did not get use should not be subject to having to continue to pay into a fraudulent transaction. Moving forward, hopefully, they can bring the number of owners to the correct amount. I paid for several years while someone got use of my time and TMC pocketed my money while not able to get my time and when the fraud surfaced I made my decision accordingly.

Sharon V.
Jan 18, 2018

Who do we need to contact regarding selling our timeshare week or even bringing any fees current? We were told not to pay fees during the time of the law suit, and we aren't sure we even want our week anymore! Is there an attorney or a representative (not TMC original management) that is processing these issues now?

Kathy T.
Jan 18, 2018

How do we get the 189+ page documentation?

Kathy T.
Jan 18, 2018

kathy1454 wrote:
How do we get the 189+ page documentation?

Visit this other site maintained by Redweek, "Manhattan Club Lawsuit"

https://www.redweek.com/forums/messages?utm_campaign=1&utm_medium=email&utm_source=forum-alert&thread_id=17818&page=last

Robert B.
Feb 12, 2018

Hi I am new to this post but I am also wondering how we get out of our timeshare or at least negotiate the fees. Jo

Joan M.
Feb 12, 2018

what is the value of this "new" forum when it contains mostly dated entries and comments? i see no "RedWeek's Report & Most Recent Info" anywhere in this forum.

why confuse issues.....and subscribers.....? maintain only " The Manhattan Club Lawsuit", the original forum with up-to-date (and historical) information.

chris

Chris V.
Feb 12, 2018

Chris,

If you go back to the original post that started this forum in 2014, it stated the intent of this thread was to notify MC owners to register on the link that was provided for updates about the Manhattan Club:

"REGISTER as an owner, so we will know how to reach you as this case progresses. We will continue to post resources there, and notify owners when something significant occurs. http://www.redweek.com/outreach/manhattan-club"

chrisv126 wrote:
what is the value of this "new" forum when it contains mostly dated entries and comments? i see no "RedWeek's Report & Most Recent Info" anywhere in this forum.

why confuse issues.....and subscribers.....? maintain only " The Manhattan Club Lawsuit", the original forum with up-to-date (and historical) information.

chris

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Jan 15, 2019

Hello! I am late to this discussion, does anyone have the latest info?

Sue C.
Jan 22, 2019

Hi, Jo!

Did you ever get a contact name for how to get out of your timeshare with TMC? If so, can you please share that information? Thanks.

Kathy T.
Mar 15, 2019

Anyone know the best way to get out of this?

August G.
Mar 19, 2019

I’m thinking of signing up with the Zimmerman Law Firm. What are your thoughts? Just wondering why $1200 is needed with application when and if they win they will keep 30% of any damages , settlements or other recovery

Gary P.
Mar 20, 2019

hello gary,

zimmerman's contact info follows. i recently retained him after much careful thought and a tad of intuition. i had second thoughts about the $1,250 retainer fee, but i believe this is similar to a "war chest" for political candidates who need the capital to proceed with their campaigns.(ok.....it's a stretch, but it helped convince me.) i'd suggest giving joining the suit strong consideration, without the guarantee of a totally satisfactory outcome. if you know of other owners who aren't aware of zimmerman's TMC lawsuit, please inform them. i don't see any other current resources available to combat the CRIMINAL FRAUD experienced by all TMC OWNERS.

JEAN-MARC ZIMMERMAN'S CONTACT INFORMATION: E-MAIL JMZ@ZIMLLP.COM PHONE (908) 768-6408 ​ FAX (908) 935-0751

MAIL 233 WATCHUNG FORK WESTFIELD, NJ 07090

keep in touch.

chris

garyp151 wrote:
I’m thinking of signing up with the Zimmerman Law Firm. What are your thoughts? Just wondering why $1200 is needed with application when and if they win they will keep 30% of any damages , settlements or other recovery

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Mar 20, 2019 02:07 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.