Timeshare Companies

Wyndham's new "Ovation" program offers exit solutions for their owners... interested?

Jan 14, 2023

paule367 wrote:
Has anyone heard reports of Wyndham Ovation program being fraudulent? Has anyone received a call form Timeshare Solutions Plus, promising to get you out of your timeshare? Has anyone received a call from Michael Ortiz? He claims Ovation did not truly get us out of the timeshare, but Wyndham has been racking up maintenance fees without our knowledge and after one of us dies they will come to collect. He claims he will fix this for a fee.

Wyndham’s deedback program is completely legitimate and has been in place for years now, although I believe that they now call it “Responsible Exit” instead of “Ovation”. There is nothing “fraudulent” about it and, as far as I know, they don’t even charge any money if your particular timeshare is one that they will accept back. That said, they may be selective in what they will accept back.

On the other hand “Timeshare Solutions Plus” (never heard of them) is clearly a scam operation of some sort. Don’t believe a word they say and PLEASE don’t get suckered into sending them a penny, or you will surely regret it later when you ultimately realize that you (unwisely) fell for a scam.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 16, 2023 10:06 AM

Jan 15, 2023

I got out of 2 contracts in 2017 using Ovation. Those contracts haven’t been listed under my contracts since then. I still have 2 contracts, Fyi all my contracts for Wyndham were purchased on eBay.

Deborah W.
Jul 08, 2023

I used the ovation program to unload 3 Timeshares with Two remaining the program would not except. My husband and I are in our seventy and not the greatest of health My main reason for giving up the timeshares We were renting some units because of health but was recently told we could no longer rent the remaining timeshares, because we were commercializing these timeshares Yet Wyndham wants us to continue to pay maintenance fees for something we are unable to use. The program works not just for all.

Debra B.
Jul 09, 2023

If you are left with no choice but to default, I heard from the horse's mouth when I attended a trial in which Wyndham sued a law firm, that Wyndham is the one company that will not purse a summary judgment (will not come after you like some developers). Wyndham's lead witness testified that after about 180 days they "foreclose" but that's just means taking back the point or weeks. If you bought at a Legacy (old) resort, there might be other considerations. For example, Wyndham bought Carriage Hills and Carriage Ridge in Ontario, Canada, formerly Shell. That HOA would not let anyone out for any reason and pursed even grand-kids in court for past due maintenance fees. It was horrible. People in nursing homes reached out to me. The owners actually did a GoFundMe so I could attend the 2019 meeting because I had written several articles. The first meeting had to be canceled as the facility held 300, but over 1,000 angry owners showed up. A group of determined owners hired a law firm. Both resorts have been sold, no longer timeshare. I would love to write an article about the unfairness of forcing default.

"Wyndham’s witness, Ms Ramona Harrington, Vice President of Title Services, Travel & Leisure, testified that Wyndham offers five exit options for paid-in-full members:

Limited Edition Limited Offer Tribute by Wyndham Outright (walk away) Resell

Ms Harrington further testified that loans are foreclosed in approximately 182 days (150 to 182 days). Caught in the crossfires of these lawsuits are devastated timeshare buyers captured as pawns in a cruel game of timeshare chess. One Wyndham member, and a witness, has still not been foreclosed after suffering monthly negative credit reporting for 44 months, basically four years, when the loan should have been closed in approximately six months." (to punish the law firm)

Irene P.
Sep 17, 2023

Contacted Wyndham via their portal. Was supposed to receive a call back between 3 and 5 PM on a Monday by "Jessica" and surprised (not) to receive a call. Then received a follow up email from "Jessica" to just contact Wyndham (does not) Cares at their toll free number. Provided the person who answered with our "case number" which was followed by about five minutes of intense validation/verification of who we were.

Then, we were politely informed that since they could not take our points for free (e.g. steal them) they were not interested and referred us to other entities who Wyndham had "validated" as reputable resellers. The individual would not answer a basic question regarding the affiliation of those referred entities with Wyndham or Travel and Leisure (Wyndham's parent company). The indication was that if we wanted to try to sell our points that it would take six to twelve months but they would steal/take them from us within two to three months.

The upshot is that owners (suckers) who have paid thousands for their vacations and have been locked out of using them during covid, cannot use their points at locations due to a variety of excuses such as renovations, no vacancies (while there is always seemingly plenty of vacancy at the same time desired if you pay for "Extra Vacations"), and ad nauseum... have apparently been sold a bill of goods. I include us in this category and admit that buying a timeshare was the worst financial decision of my life. For the tens of thousands of dollars we have spent, we could have taken at least eight three to four week shoulder season international vacations including airfare and staying at four star hotels at an average of $10,000 to 15,000 each.

Jim M.
Nov 09, 2023

Jim, I'm sorry to hear what you went through. You're right about it being the worst financial decision EVER. My wife and I watched her Mom and Step Dad go to "owner update" after "owner update" only to come back each time with more points purchased. Before we were fully aware of all that was going on, they had gotten in so deep with Wyndham purchases they couldn't afford to buy groceries at one point because of the huge monthly maintenance fees they were paying. They finally were told by all of their children that if they purchased any more of this nonsense, we would stop visiting and they wouldn't see their grandchildren anymore! We had to resort to such extreme tactics because they were literally out of control if they were across the table from these salespeople! It worked and we did finally manage to sell back their points for literally penny's on the dollar of what they originally paid. Absolutely terrible what they did to these very elderly grandparents. Wyndham has literally taken any inheritance that we, or our kids, would have seen but that's ok we're all doing OK and so are they not that they've rid themselves of the timeshare noose from their neck.

Soz

Last edited by glenna13 on Nov 09, 2023 04:54 PM

Feb 01, 2024

So far Wesly Financial has treated us with more respect than any Wyndham sales person ever has. Check them out if you want to get out of your timeshare every case is different!!

Verna M.
Feb 01, 2024

verna26 wrote:
So far Wesly Financial has treated us with more respect than any Wyndham sales person ever has. Check them out if you want to get out of your timeshare every case is different!!

Since you must pay Wesley Financial a hefty upfront fee to do absolutely nothing that you can't easily do for yourself --- at no cost whatsoever --- it's no wonder that you want to feel that you are being "treated with respect". Regardless of how you may feel that you are being treated, you are still just being taken straight to the cleaners.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Feb 03, 2024 06:01 AM

Feb 01, 2024

verna26 wrote:
So far Wesly Financial has treated us with more respect than any Wyndham sales person ever has.

How much have you paid WFG so far?

Lance C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.