Wyndham's new "Ovation" program offers exit solutions for their owners... interested?

Forum: Timeshare Companies

page 37 of 37

«  prev page   1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37   next page  »

Message Author

By Natasha C.

Wyndham's new "Ovation" program offers exit solutions for their owners... interested?

Hello... I'm also an Owner at Carriage Hills. Please consider joining our Carriage Hills private Facebook Group of owners. We are looking for other owners to collectively work together on sharing of information including exit stratgey discussions. I apologize in advanced if you are already a member, as I can not tell by the user name. The link will take you to the private page, simply request access and Cheryl who manages the page will grant you access. Look for EXIT topic. Thanks Natasha

https://www.facebook.com/groups/152117225452689/

Avatar for Natasha C. Natasha C.

6 days ago
Aug 17, 2019

By Liz A.

Thx! I’m on the CH Facebook page. Amazing information/forum. Highly recommend for all owners.

6 days ago
Aug 17, 2019

By Fran W.

The Carriage Hills Face Book site is an independently run group of Carriage Hills and Carriage Ridge owners who are wishing to come together to discuss subjects of mutual interest such as ownership, exchanging, promotion and the ultimate goal of many of our owners...transition/exit. Please be advised that everything posted here is an opinion and all comments should be verified for accuracy before action is taken. The Board of Directors have no input in this group and should be contacted directly for pressing questions. As we have no direct communication and many of us have found ourselves on a DNC list, any pertinent answers to questions you receive can be posted here for the benefit of all.

Last edit by franw52 on Aug 21, 2019 11:47 AM.

4 days ago
Aug 19, 2019

By Stu M.

franw52 wrote:
This is an independently run group of Carriage Hills and Carriage Ridge owners who are wishing to come together to discuss subjects of mutual interest such as ownership, exchanging, promotion and the ultimate goal of many of our owners...transition/exit. .

Hmmm. I for one thought this was and still is a forum for Wyndham owners who want out: "Wyndham's new "Ovation" program offers exit solutions for their owners... interested?" Is Carriage Hill a Wyndham property? Does it qualify for Wyndham's Ovation "take-back" program?

4 days ago
Aug 19, 2019

By Liz A.

Thx for asking Stu. Carriage Hills is a Wyndham property. I spoke with Erica an Ovation supervisor on June 18th who advised Carriage Hills is not in Ovation. She also advised to try Fidelity - and I let her know I spoke with Jacob Jones who said he doesn’t remember ever selling Carriage Hills and suggested I list on EBay with a $400 gift card and pay all the legal fees. At that point Erica suggested I gift it to family. Like my dad duped me. October 30th Carriage Hills Board Q&A Mr. Masry Wyndham Vice President of operations for Carriage Hills stated ‘If there was a sales opportunity Wyndham would be all over it. This message has gone all the way up to the CEO. Major contributors preventing Carriage Hills from rolling into a club membership is the bad debt being high, Ontario taxes not favorable and the products integrity’. I will point you to the article below on Wainfleet seniors. Statement from our our elected board President in regards to the Gains situation [in their 80’s, unable to travel, unable to pay, when they went arrears sent to collections and legal action taken, can’t sleep from the stress] ‘owners don’t pay their share those costs are passed on to other time-share owners. That’s unfair and require “strong and legal collections measures to resolve’. So that a few people can take vacation? In 2018 800 [10%] of shares are in arrears. There is $11MM in unpaid maintenance fees. Given the above many owners are calling for the sale of the property as the model is collapsing. For those that want it - deeds should be taken back. This is what is happening in Carriage Hills. https://www.niagarathisweek.com/news-story/9525038-wainfleet-seniors-feel-trapped-by-time-share-units/

4 days ago
Aug 19, 2019

By Lolli S.

dianek92 wrote:
I agree, especially in Las Vegas, they are sharks out there. But sad to say, others have learned their tricks and can talk you into anything. It always sounds good. I am in the Ovation program and I will tell you that it is very limited. They keep taking away privileges, like guest certificates, but I just need to be satisfied that I can still go to some of the other resorts for two more years. I loved going to their resorts, it really spoiled us and we just have to not compare to hotel rooms. JUST REMEMBER, DON'T GO TO THE UPDATES UNLESS YOU HAVE A WILL OF STEEL AND STICK TO YOUR CONVICTIONS!!!!

And also if you don't mind being harassed and insulted if you refuse their offers and ask for your "gift" so you can leave.

4 days ago
Aug 19, 2019

By Sharon M.

I have seen many comments regarding Wyndham not allowing timeshares purchased on the second hand market to be turned back in for Limited Edition. We just completed the whole process. We had one timeshare purchased from Wyndham and two resales. Wyndham took back all for Limited Edition. The whole thing was very painless, took a matter of two months and now I have gone online through Limited Edition and booked vacation weeks with no hassle. I am very happy to have no more maintenance fees and to be able to use these points for three years. Good luck to everyone.

3 days ago
Aug 20, 2019

By Fran W.

Today I wasted over an hour attempting to find out what my options might be to dispose of my SHELLVACATION ownership. The Wyndham Ovation folks could not help me because I was not a CLUB WYNDHAM member. The SHELLVACATION folks would be happy to have me gift my points back to SHELLVACATIONS but could not tell me how to convert them to CLUB WYNDHAM points. After several more calls to Wyndham corporate sales and owners services, I went back to SVC services and learned that I could talk to someone about converting my SVC points to Club Wyndham points in 2020, probably for a price and without any guarantee of qualifying for the Ovation Limited program. Once again, Shell/Wyndham offers nothing and just wants to make another buck. The great American way!

2 days ago
Aug 21, 2019

By Tracey S.

Sharon, are you saying that you received 3 years of free usage for your retail and resale points through limited editions? How many points did you have total between the 3 contracts and when did you purchase? Is is possible you bought long enough ago that they were considered "grandfathered" as vip eligible points?

2 days ago
Aug 21, 2019

By Stu M.

franw52 wrote:
... I went back to SVC services and learned that I could talk to someone about converting my SVC points to Club Wyndham points in 2020, probably for a price and without any guarantee of qualifying for the Ovation Limited program. Once again, Shell/Wyndham offers nothing and just wants to make another buck. The great American way!

Just GET RID of SVC and do NOT enslave yourself to Wyndham. THAT's the Great American way! What would you have in its place?

2 days ago
Aug 21, 2019

By Sharon M.

Yes, we owned the ones we got second hand for about 30 years. The other one we owned about 15. 455,000 points. The resales were FF Glade weeks that were converted to points. Also, we will be excluded from any timeshare updates which doesn't make me sad. Those sales people are ruthless. It's so different than dealing with their Ovation people.

Yesterday
Aug 22, 2019

page 37 of 37

«  prev page   1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37   next page  »

Reply to Topic

Available only to RedWeek.com Guests and Members
Sign in or register for free