Wyndham's new "Ovation" program offers exit solutions for their owners... interested?

Forum: Timeshare Companies

page 38 of 38

«  prev page   1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38   next page  »

Message Author

By Don R.

Wyndham's new "Ovation" program offers exit solutions for their owners... interested?

Read fine print - Agreement said they can change the rules at any time. They did that in April 2019 to only owners can use the timeshares. No kids, family, friends.

2 months ago
Nov 25, 2019

By Don R.

READ FINE PRINT! They changed the program April 2019 and only the owner can use the timeshare plus you get extra charges and fee's.

2 months ago
Nov 25, 2019

By Stu M.

snookeyj wrote:
... I was told this last April that Wyndham was phasing Shell out and I had to convert my points to Wyndham, plus buy more points, in order to keep using a resort that I had already paid for.... Then I find out months later that Shell is not being absorbed by Wyndham and that it will always be here so they lied to me. So now here I am stuck in a new contract with new maintenance fees and it will cost me $6500 to get out of and I don't have that kind of money.

What happened next? Did you get out?

2 months ago
Nov 25, 2019

By Noreen K.

I just got off the phone with the Ovation division. Wyndham has no intention if helping timeshare owners get out of the contract unless the account has been paid in full. They told me I would have to pay the account in full in order to terminate my points and not be charged yearly dues. Or I could sell through a 3rd party which would be pennies on the dollar. Sad that I was lied to from the beginning and was pressured into this sale. I blame myself for falling for it but I hate even more the hope they spread when saying they will help the timeshare owner get out of their contract when a lifestyle changes or finances change

2 months ago
Dec 19, 2019

By Jim H.

Ovation is an exit program only for timeshares who are current with their maintenance fees and fully paid off. It has always been that way. Too think one might recover some of their initial cost is sorry to say, Alice in Wonderland thinking. Without knowing the details your situation, its hard to give any advice that carries any weight. Now here is just an idea. Take it for what it is worth: Interest rates are at extremely low rates. You might want to borrow enough to pay off the timeshare loan. What that will do is enable you to go back to Ovation and they might be able to help you in divesting yourself from your timeshare. It will also get you out of those pesky maintenance fees. Then you can use that monthly savings to help pay back your loan. I was able to not only get rid of my timeshare, but even sold it through a real estate company they had given me 5 companies to choose from and actually netted $1600.00. Good luck.

2 months ago
Dec 19, 2019

By Stu M.

noreenk17 wrote:
I just got off the phone with the Ovation division. Wyndham has no intention if helping timeshare owners get out of the contract unless the account has been paid in full. They told me I would have to pay the account in full in order to terminate my points and not be charged yearly dues. Or I could sell through a 3rd party which would be pennies on the dollar.

Were I in what I understand to be your situation, I'd find out what Wyndham's current policies on rentals are and then, assuming they have not killed or severely regulated rentals by points owners, become an expert on booking the most high-demand location(s) and renting them out. My objective would be to cover my ever-growing HOA fees and maybe make a buck or two toward ultimately paying for my dead horse.

2 months ago
Dec 19, 2019

By Lysa R.

We have been members for awhile now but with there new rules about points it's frustrating what exit strategy can you offer us.

2 months ago
Dec 20, 2019

By Rocky R.

I would love to learn more about this program, as l want to get out of my timeshare wit Wyndham.

1 month ago
Dec 27, 2019

By Stu M.

rockyr18 wrote:
I would love to learn more about this program, as l want to get out of my timeshare wit Wyndham.

Help yourself. There's 38 pages worth of info on Ovation right at your fingertips. I learned about Ovation right here more than three YEARS ago and immediately got on the phone to Wyndham.

1 month ago
Dec 27, 2019

By Sara E.

I'm not sure if this post is still active but YES I am interested! My timeshare with Wyndham has been paid off for years - we originally bought it will Fairfield at Star Island. However, my maintenance fees go up every year and there is nothing I can do to stop it. I want out badly.

1 month ago
Jan 08, 2020

By Stu M.

sarae84 wrote:
I'm not sure if this post is still active but YES I am interested! My timeshare with Wyndham has been paid off for years.

Yes, it's still active. And it is now huge, filled with about everything you need to know about Ovation. Scan the last several pages for the Ovation phone number and with your Wyndham deed and HOA invoice file at hand give them a call.

1 month ago
Jan 08, 2020

By Sara E.

Thank you very much! - Sara

1 month ago
Jan 08, 2020

page 38 of 38

«  prev page   1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38   next page  »

Reply to Topic

Available only to RedWeek.com Guests and Members
Sign in or register for free