Timeshare Companies

Wyndham's new "Ovation" program offers exit solutions for their owners... interested?

May 31, 2016

We bought points through Trendwest in 1993. Since Wyndham took over, we have not been happy. We have 35,000 points that we cannot use and want to get rid of them. Will they let us use the Ovation program for these?

Anne A.
May 31, 2016

annea143 wrote:
We bought points through Trendwest in 1993. Since Wyndham took over, we have not been happy. We have 35,000 points that we cannot use and want to get rid of them. Will they let us use the Ovation program for these?

Simply call Wyndham's Ovation program line at 1-855-312-9040 and A-S-K.

Stu M.
May 31, 2016

It is a paid up WorldMark timeshare & I paid my maintenance fee's of $700 for a year in March. I just sent the paperwork in so will post results when the transaction is completed

Walter V.
May 31, 2016

I would be interested in learning more about how to more effectively use my Wyndham points. You mentioned a Facebook page - could you give me information on this page? Thank you

Robin A.
Jun 01, 2016

This is to report that IT WORKS. I called Wyndham's Ovation desk on May 2 to inquire about participation and request paperwork. Received paperwork packet on May 11. Had forms notarized and sent everything back May 12 in pre-paid UPS envelope. On June 1 received email from Wyndham's Ovation desk that the deal was done.

So -- one more time -- if you're interested, just grab your phone, call Wyndham's Ovation program line at 1-855-312-9040, and A-S-K.

Stu M.
Jun 01, 2016

robina169 wrote:
I would be interested in learning more about how to more effectively use my Wyndham points.

To us, "more effectively" meant (a) getting what we wanted and (b) never losing odds-and-ends points at the end of the year.

First step was to plan way ahead and be the first guy on line or on the phone exactly 13 months (for when you want to stay where you own) or 10 months (when you want to stay where you do NOT own) away from the desired check-in date.

Second step was to always "pool" our points. If you don't know what that means, phone the Wyndham reservation desk and have them explain. Long story short, it gives your points longer life and, at that end of a year when you have, say, 2450 points left, they carry over to the next year and your next reservation uses oldest points first.

BTW, you cannot send pooled points to RCI so you must use your points within the Wyndham family of resorts. So, have fun.

Meantime, we're happy that we learned about Ovation through Redweek, and even more happy to be done with our Wyndham ownership.

Stu M.
Jun 03, 2016

I just signed up. If you have any questions regarding my ownership and my experiences with Wyndham, just email me. Thanks, Michael Andriaschko

kyliec wrote:
We have been talking to Wyndham about their new program, Ovation, which was quietly announced to Wyndham owners a few weeks ago. The company isn't offering concrete details, but appears they are ready to customize exit solutions for their owners who no longer use their timeshares.

Jeff Weir has written an informative article for us with much more detail on this topic. Read about the initial introduction of the Ovation program here... and the Ovation update nearly a year later here.

IF YOU ARE A WYNDHAM OWNER, interested in what solutions Wyndham will offer to you, take us along for the ride! We would love to follow several owners as they contact Wyndham for a solution to see whether this program is all they are claiming it to be. If you're interested, please post here and Jeff will follow up with you.

Michael A.
Jun 07, 2016

I own at Kona Coast. I bought a winter float one bedroom. I can no longer travel due to health concerns. I have checked into resale of the condo. This is not possible with the market the way it is. Will Kona Coast buy back my timeshare? Best, James Caudill

James C.
Jun 07, 2016

jamesc1337 wrote:
Will Kona Coast buy back my timeshare?

It is a Wyndham property? If it is, call Wyndham Ovation and ask.

If not, call the developer or management company and ask.

Stu M.
Jun 08, 2016

I just completed the Ovation program and was able to successfully return my time share and I received the 3 years worth of points, maintenance free. However, a problem appeared after all was said and done. I started receiving collection calls from Wyndham's collection department. When I talked to them they said I owed one more monthly maintenance fee. I was being charged the monthly maintenance plus a late charge and then they added on a collection fee. I told them that my account had been paid in full. I was very diligent about making sure the fees were paid before their due date because I was told if I had an outstanding balance, the process would be stopped and I would have to start all over. I even comfirmed my payment date with them just to make sure. My payment date was on the 30th of the month. I told them I had called the Ovation program on the 29th and they said the closing had gone through on the 29th, so I didn't pay my fee. The collection calls started this month, June 2016. After I told them my timeline of events, they told me that my payment date was on the 15th and that it had never been on the 30th of the month. I had owned this timeshare for many years and I knew the date and had even confirmed with them at the start of this process. I was then transferred over to Ovation and they said my payment date was the 26th and they were unable to change anything or back up my story. I went back to collections and went through the whole conversation with someone else. I told them that they had chaged my payment date. One response I received was that even if my payment date was after closing I should still have to pay for the month just because I had a payment due that month. Then they said Ovation shouldn't have said I didn't have to pay, but it always came back to the incorrect payment date which I'm sure they hoped would shut me down. At this point I was too frustrated to speak and I ended the call. I then searched through some old mail set aside for shredding and found a bill that showed my payment date. Wyndham had offered on the past conversation that they could send me an account history. I declined because I was pretty sure the dates would have been adjusted on the statement. I had asked if they could send me a copy of one of my old statements and said all they could provide was an account history. I called them back after I found my statement as proof of my payment date and that I wasn't some lunatic trying to dodge a payment. The rep stop argued with me and said I needed to go back and talk to Ovation. I refused the offer of being transferred and said I wanted to speak to his supervisor or someone who was able to make the change. He argued with me about that but finally transferred me to Account Resolutions. I retold my story again and that I had proof of my payment date and would fax it, email it, or even take a picture of it and send to her. She had me hold the line less than a minute and came back and agreed to clear the charges. I guess the proof of my payment date and unwilliness to give up finally got me justice. I'm happy they fixed it, but not everyone would go through this difficult process while being told they were wrong. It wasn't much money to me but the principle of being cheated that I didn't appreciate. I'm sure they can pull in a lot of extra cash if they do this to a everyone exiting the program and the person in Ovation said he was very busy! I do believe this would fall under the title of fraud.

kyliec wrote:
We have been talking to Wyndham about their new program, Ovation, which was quietly announced to Wyndham owners a few weeks ago. The company isn't offering concrete details, but appears they are ready to customize exit solutions for their owners who no longer use their timeshares.

Jeff Weir has written an informative article for us with much more detail on this topic. Read about the initial introduction of the Ovation program here... and the Ovation update nearly a year later here.

IF YOU ARE A WYNDHAM OWNER, interested in what solutions Wyndham will offer to you, take us along for the ride! We would love to follow several owners as they contact Wyndham for a solution to see whether this program is all they are claiming it to be. If you're interested, please post here and Jeff will follow up with you.

Jan K.
Jun 08, 2016

Thanks for posting this info so we ae all aware of their ongoing schemes to cheat us. I am interested to know that you got three years of points out of the deal. I will try to get something similar.

Anne A.
Jun 08, 2016

I was happy about getting the 3 years maintenance free. However, we had two timeshares under different member numbers and our 2nd timeshare did not qualify for the Ovation program with the 3 years of use, maintenance free, but they did let us give it back with no charges or fees. The process was quick and painless and I was very pleased with the service I received until they tried to wrangle an extra month maintenance out of us. Good luck to you.

Jan K.
Jun 10, 2016

Just got off the phone with Wyndham Ovation. We bought a resale Star Island 189k fixed week converted (for closing & transfer). Ovation started the process, said it should take 2-3 weeks tops. They didn't offer me the 3 years free points but oh well, at least I can get it off my hands. I'll update as the progress goes along.

Michelle C.
Jun 11, 2016

angelar285, could you give me some tips on how to offset my fees?

Jamie H.
Jun 17, 2016

I am about to contact Ovation regarding exit solutions from our time share.

Rocky P.
Jun 22, 2016

We are about to try and get rid of our Wrexham timeshares and will advise this forum on how it goes. Any assistance along the way will be appreciated.

Shawn B.
Jun 22, 2016

shawnb193 wrote:
We are about to try and get rid of our Wyndham timeshares and will advise this forum on how it goes. Any assistance along the way will be appreciated.

Just follow their instructions and be certain the notary does, too. Keep copies of what you send back. And act quickly once you get your packet from Wyndham. Piece of cake.

Stu M.
Jun 24, 2016

Just received a check for $2320 for our timeshare on June 24th 2016. My first phone call to Wyndham to start the return process was May 16th 2016. It worked for me. Good luck to those who qualify. Mine was fully paid for & maintenance fee's paid in advance for a year. Sure we lost money on our origional investment but we got out of the annual maintenance fee's & ownership. OVATION WORKS.

Walter V.
Jun 24, 2016

walterv20 wrote:
Just received a check for $2320 for our timeshare on June 24th 2016.

What Wyndham timeshare did you have? Most who have written about their experiences with Ovation just got to give their timeshare back to Wyndham with no compensation at all, or else they received "free" points for three years. It would certainly be of interest to those just considering Ovation to know what timeshare Wyndham actually paid something for.

Stu M.

Last edited by markl18 on Jun 24, 2016 08:16 PM

Jun 24, 2016

We had a premier WorldMark plan & RCI Travel Share program of 6000 credits annually. It was not just for one particular vacation site. I think the only place we couldn't book was the South Pacific. Purchased the plan in March of 2008 which cost in the neighborhood of $11,000. We used our points without loosing any points.

Walter V.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.