Timeshare Companies

Wyndham's new "Ovation" program offers exit solutions for their owners... interested?

Nov 15, 2017

I was contacted by Premier Rewards and they market themselves as people who will help you rent out your timeshare to pay for your maintenance fee. As I spoke to her more, she realized that I was trying to get rid of mine and said that for about $5000 they would be able to get me out of the Deed. She spoke badly about Ovations and said that I was taking a risk by going that route.

I'm glad to hear that some people have had success with this exit program.

Diane K.
Nov 15, 2017

NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract !!

Don P.
Nov 15, 2017

It is a completely absurd statement to claim that there is any "risk" in Wyndham's Ovation program. Since Ovation deedback costs not one cent, what "risk" could there possibly be?

On the other hand, this unknown "Premier Rewards" outfit wants $5,000 of your money to (...not) do what you can easily do for yourself through Ovation while spending NOTHING. Compare these two options side by side. Which option obviously involves serious "risk"? One is a zero cost, legitimate option, the other a very costly scam operation. Easy choice.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Nov 16, 2017 02:49 PM

Nov 15, 2017

PLEASE do not pay anyone $5000 to "get rid of" your timeshare. They can't. We are in Ovation -- turned our deed back to Wyndham and now have 3 years of points to use with NO maintenance fees or other costs. We may have been lucky (not counting our hours with the Sales Weasels) to get all of our points for 3 years.

I would never, ever, under any circumstances recommend a time-share purchase to anyone. But for those, like us, who made the mistake years ago, Ovation has been a wonderful way to bail out of the maintenance fee trap.

Jim S.
Nov 15, 2017

Ovation worked well for our family. We had two timeshares with them, one I inherited from my parents and one my husband and I bought. We were able to end both of them through Ovation with no costs to us. One of them we received 3 years at our point level with no maintenance fee costs and the other we just deeded back to them. We are free of both of them and it cost us not a penny. It took us about a month from start to finish and that was last year during the spring. I definitely wouldn't pay someone when you can use Ovation. Give it a try, can't hurt.

Jan K.
Nov 16, 2017

Speaking of those "Sales Weasels," another advantage of Ovation is that you are not allowed to purchase more points during the three years of free use. Consequently, my wife and I have not been asked to attend the sales presentations when we have stayed at Wyndham resorts.

Louis W.
Nov 16, 2017

Ha! Now that is a benefit worth getting! I did not know about that restriction -- not that I would ever buy again.

louisw40 wrote:
Speaking of those "Sales Weasels," another advantage of Ovation is that you are not allowed to purchase more points during the three years of free use. Consequently, my wife and I have not been asked to attend the sales presentations when we have stayed at Wyndham resorts.

Jim S.
Nov 30, 2017

We completed Ovation only to be charged 3 years of maintenance fees at the end of our "free" 3 years. I heard about Premier from a friend and they connected me to a lawyer who helped me sue Wyndham to get out of my deed. Premier did not market themselves to me as a company ready to get me out, they just connected me to an attorney.

I know that they rent points through priceline or something, when I told them I wanted out is when the conversation changed. I'm out because of the lawyer I got through them, not because Wyndham did me a favor

Simon C.
Nov 30, 2017

simonc49 wrote:
We completed Ovation only to be charged 3 years of maintenance fees at the end of our "free" 3 years. I heard about Premier from a friend and they connected me to a lawyer who helped me sue Wyndham to get out of my deed. Premier did not market themselves to me as a company ready to get me out, they just connected me to an attorney.

I know that they rent points through priceline or something, when I told them I wanted out is when the conversation changed. I'm out because of the lawyer I got through them, not because Wyndham did me a favor

I am very suspicious of the above quoted post, for several specific reasons:

1. NEVER before have I ever heard of ANYONE accepted into Ovation claim to have later been charged ANY money by Wyndham. Never, not once since Ovation was implemented.

2. Ovation was first rolled out in December, 2015, not quite 2 years ago ---- so how could YOU (and apparently ONLY you) allegedly have been "billed at the end of 3 years" after allegedly entering "Ovation". Sorry, but that timeline math just doesn't work.

3. Last but not least, I am VERY dubious about your claim of having been "connected to an attorney to get you out". If you have an unpaid loan balance, your only "out" (besides paying off the note) is defaulting on the loan. If you were ever accepted into "Ovation", you were ALREADY out. I am betting that your vague, fuzzy (and not at all credible) claim and unnecessary name dropping of "Premier" and mentioning use of an attorney is actually just a subtle way of trying to get someone here to ask you "How do I contact Premier"? or "Who was that attorney?". Since I personally don't believe ANY of what you claim here in the first place, I certainly won't be asking those questions. Hopefully, no one else will bother to do so either. The answers would point nowhere useful or helpful and may even be a scam.

Just "color me dubious" --- VERY dubious.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Dec 02, 2017 05:58 AM

Nov 30, 2017

I wonder just what deed they got you out of? When you go into Ovation, you deed back all your ownership to Wyndham. I too feel that this message is a scam to get the name of some lawyer (or scammer) with whom one can "invest" money which will be gone forever. Just deal with Wyndham, not any third party. If anyone has been charged further maintenance fees at any time after getting into Ovation, I hope they will mention it on this forum.

simonc49 wrote:

Jim S.
Dec 01, 2017

I guess I was mistaken about the name of the program? I am not wrong about the attorney. Wyndham would not allow us to leave the mortgage and specifically cited the "trust agreement" as grounds to enforce the decision.

I find it particularly rude to make an assertion about my post being created as tool for a scam artist, but then I bet you are the first to scream fire in a theater. I am happy with my choice to get a lawyer.

I mean Wyndham corps status as a benevolent and ethical company with only the most honest employees and sales staff is well known. Especially the way they treat senior citizens, keep up the good work sir! Billion dollar companies need you

Simon C.
Dec 01, 2017

simonc49 wrote:
I guess I was mistaken about the name of the program? I am not wrong about the attorney. Wyndham would not allow us to leave the mortgage and specifically cited the "trust agreement" as grounds to enforce the decision.

I find it particularly rude to make an assertion about my post being created as tool for a scam artist, but then I bet you are the first to scream fire in a theater. I am happy with my choice to get a lawyer.

I mean Wyndham corps status as a benevolent and ethical company with only the most honest employees and sales staff is well known. Especially the way they treat senior citizens, keep up the good work sir! Billion dollar companies need you

I have no idea where you're coming from, but if there is / was a unpaid mortgage balance involved Wyndham would never have accepted you into Ovation in the first place --- so your unconvincing story seems to be unraveling even further and continuing straight downhill.

Wyndham is a business, operating for profit; a greedy corporate entity long and widely renowned (as is Westgate) for deceitful and aggressive timeshare sales weasels. Personally, I dislike Wyndham (although I admittedly once owned within Wyndham --- got a deeded fixed CWP week for peanuts via resale, gave it away for free a few years later). You won't find many people actually waving Wyndham's flag in these forums, so I'm unclear on the target of your apparent ire, but it doesn't really matter.

Wyndham treats everyone the same --- badly, for the most part. Whether or not some of their many unfortunate (but completely voluntary and entirely willing) buyers and clientele happen to be senior citizens is certainly unfortunate but also completely irrelevant.

I don't actually believe a word of what you've posted here, but if you're sticking to your story then I'll just say that I'm glad you are happy with allegedly hiring an attorney and I'm quite sure that he or she is also quite happy to take your money. I wish you the best of luck.

My goal in contributing to these forums is to help people avoid scams and other worthless, expensive, ineffective and useless so-called "solutions" to various timeshare predicaments. If you find my input to be "particularly rude", please feel free to just ignore it. I do not apologize for trying to help people avoid getting scammed --- even if the cold, hard facts are sometimes unpleasant. Being stuck in a timeshare (and / or a timeshare loan) which is now unwanted is difficult enough for people, without adding insult to injury by lining the pockets of the (far too many) assorted scammers and parasites and opportunists who are always lurking, waiting eagerly to take advantage of desperate, vulnerable people --- of EVERY age.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Dec 04, 2017 06:26 AM

Dec 07, 2017

Are Shell vacations Club members who trade through Wyndham able to give back their points via Ovation?

Kathy H.
Dec 07, 2017

I mean Wyndham corps status as a benevolent and ethical company with only the most honest employees and sales staff is well known.

Bwaaahahahaha . . . We now know you are either a shill or somewhat mentally deranged. Please take your laughable nonsense to some other forum.

Lolli S.
Dec 07, 2017

lollis3 wrote:
I mean Wyndham corps status as a benevolent and ethical company with only the most honest employees and sales staff is well known.

Bwaaahahahaha . . . We now know you are either a shill or somewhat mentally deranged. Please take your laughable nonsense to some other forum.

Methinks simonc49 was making a JOKE. At least I hope so.

Stu M.
Dec 07, 2017

kathyh693 wrote:
Are Shell vacations Club members who trade through Wyndham able to give back their points via Ovation?

Recent posts on that subject in Timeshare Users Group discussion forums indicate YES. However, Wyndham doesn't just accept everything back under Ovation --- they "cherry picK", so Wyndham is likely also selective about Shell ownerships. It's certainly worth inquiring directly, since ALL Ovation decisions are individual and product-specific.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Dec 10, 2017 08:19 AM

Dec 18, 2017

If you give a friend a guest pass, they will be pressured to attend one of those dreaded presentations, though.

Gary B.
Dec 18, 2017

garyb756 wrote:
If you give a friend a guest pass, they will be pressured to attend one of those dreaded presentations, though.

Pressured, maybe. But the person does not have to attend.

Lance C.
Dec 18, 2017

Extra holiday true story. I listed a week in June 2016 at Myrtle Beach in a 3 br cottage with Extra Holidays. After not receiving any payment I called Extra Holidays and was informed that they had been unable to rent it, which I knew was pure b.s. I called the resort and was informed that there were no unused nights anytime during the summer months. I called Extra Holidays back to inform of that and soon received a check for about what 2 night rental would be. The only good news to the story was that I didn't receive a 1099 for the rental.

Gary B.
Dec 19, 2017

And what way is that? really interested. am really hesitant to sign anything again with Wyndham.

jenniferr830 wrote:
I was able to get ours canceled, not by OVATION. Not even sure what the heck that means. You guys have it allllll wrong, If thee resort has ANOTHER program offer, you all would just sign up, right? Cmon now! WAKE UP! Everyone keeps falling for these schemes. There is only 1 way to get the handcuffs off.

Diane K.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.