Timeshare Companies

Wyndham's new "Ovation" program offers exit solutions for their owners... interested?

Jan 16, 2018

tracey75 wrote:
Even if Wyndham says no ... you will be able to give it away a lot cheaper than contracting with a disposal company. In some cases all you need to do is pay the transfer cost. In some cases you might have to pay 4 to 6 months of MF;s and maybe even an entire year.

The problem, of course, is finding someone to give it to -- finding someone who will take it. Try ads in T.U.G., MyResortNetwork, Redweek, TimeSharingToday and eBay.

Stu M.
Jan 22, 2018

I successfully helped my mom return her 580,000 points back in early December, most of which were for the Bonnet Creek location. My dad had passed away in 2014, and, sadly, my mom passed away just a couple of weeks after I finalized the Ovation exit program paperwork and signatures with her.

It was hassle-free and no cost, as pointed out by many on this forum thread.

However, I just now followed up with Ovation, because I didn't receive any information about how to get the 3 years' worth of points. It turns out they entered me into the "Inventory Return" program which does NOT include the 3 years of points. I should have instead explicitly asked to enroll in the "Limited Edition" program , which DOES include the 3 years of points for certain properties. They didn't bring these different options up when I called, which sucks, as I was listed on the title for Bonnet Creek, and would have been entitled to Limited Edition. With all the distractions of dealing with my mom's declining health, I didn't give enough thought to the call I made to Ovation.

I'm glad our family doesn't have to deal with the maintenance fees and hassle of owning the property, but it's unfortunate that we can't benefit from the 3 years of points.

Be sure to explicitly ask for the "Limited Edition" program when you call.

Brian T.
Jan 22, 2018

briant332 wrote:
I successfully helped my mom return her 580,000 points back in early December.... It turns out they entered me into the "Inventory Return" program which does NOT include the 3 years of points. I should have instead explicitly asked to enroll in the "Limited Edition" program , which DOES include the 3 years of points for certain properties.

I've continued to read this forum even though we got rid of our points more than a year and a half ago, and did get the three years worth of "free" points. But I don't recall Wyndam mentioning or ever reading in this forum the terms you've mentioned -- "Inventory Program" and "Limited Edition."

You've offered good advice -- ask to participate in the "Limited Edition" program. Meantime, you might want to call them back to see if they'll retroactively put your 580,000 points into the "Limited Edition" program and give you the "free" points.

Stu M.
Jan 30, 2018

I have had my timeshare since appx 2009 and would love to get rid of it at no further cost.

Nicole J.
Jan 30, 2018

Assuming that your (unidentified) timeshare is in Wyndham, all fees are paid up to date and there is no outstanding loan balance, if you read through this thread you will find all of the detailed information necessary to contact Wyndham directly to see if your timeshare would be accepted into "Ovation".

Nothing is going to just magically happen on its' own by merely "expressing interest" in this RedWeek discussion forum, which is not connected or related in any way to Wyndham. You will need to initiate action directly with Wyndham.

nicolej168 wrote:
I have had my timeshare since appx 2009 and would love to get rid of it at no further cost.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Feb 02, 2018 05:15 AM

Jan 30, 2018

nicolej168 wrote:

So, just DO IT. Info in this forum tells you how.

Stu M.
Jan 31, 2018

So I am not so sure about the effect of "expressing interest." Ever since I did express intetest I have not been asked to attend a single presentation or owner update. I inquired at a recent check in and they said I was coded to skip the update. What do you think? Anyone else have that experience?

ken1193 wrote:
Assuming that your (unidentified) timeshare is in Wyndham, all fees are paid up to date and there is no outstanding loan balance, if you read through this thread you will find all of the detailed information necessary to contact Wyndham directly to see if your timeshare will be accepted into "Ovation". Nothing is going to just magically happen on its' own by your merely "expressing interest" in a discussion forum on a Internet site not connected or related in any way to Wyndham.

nicolej168 wrote:

Jonathan C.
Jan 31, 2018

I don't know about "expressing interest," but since we became "Limited Members" (this is our third and final year) we have not been asked to attend any updates or presentations. Stays are more pleasant now.

Louis W.
Feb 01, 2018

Amen to that (Stays are more pleasant when not cajoled into attending an update or presentation)

Gary B.
Feb 09, 2018

You do not have to purchase anything to utilize the Ovation program. It's a tactic used by some salesmen to make you think it is the case, but it is not.

Diane S.
Feb 09, 2018

dianes839 wrote:
You do not have to purchase anything to utilize the Ovation program. It's a tactic used by some salesmen to make you think it is the case, but it is not.

I am confused by this statement. No current Wyndham owner who is interested in pursuing a "deedback" to Wyndham via Ovation ever needs to have ANY conversation with ANY salesperson at ANY time in order to apply to Wyndham to use Ovation.

All communications regarding "deedback" via Ovation are conducted directly with (and ONLY with) Wyndham "corporate", not at (and not with) any individual resort --- and never with any sales weasel being involved at all at anytime in the process.

Could you further explain or elaborate regarding your above statement? To be honest, it really just doesn't make any sense to me.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Feb 11, 2018 05:31 AM

Feb 09, 2018

What is the Limited Edition?

Cynthia B.
Feb 09, 2018

cynthiab427 wrote:
What is the Limited Edition?

Practically speaking, I think they are equivalent names for the same thing. Limited Edution (to me) means that you have your points to use for resort stays, but not for cruises and not for other "special" things. Once you are "in" you make reservations on line just like always though I had to pick a new username. When you use the phone to reserve, you call 800-251-8736 and press 1 to speak to that friendly vacation guide-planner-person. Then press 2 to go to Discovery reservations. I don't know what Discovery Vacations are, but the person who answers knows about Ovation and Limited Edition, and will help you. (Seriously, they really are very helpful.)

If anyone reading this can let me know what Discovery is, in the Wyndham dictionary, please do so! I admit I may have missed something in my elation at being free of the onerous maintenance fees at Club Wyndham.

Jim S.
Feb 10, 2018

My understanding of the terminology, which may not be precisely what Wyndham means is that:

"Ovation" is the program that lets you give back your ownership and stop paying maintenance fees;

Once you decide to do that, you become a "Limited Edition" member for three years (in most cases). Your membership is limited because you no longer have a home resort, there are only certain resorts at which you can book, you can't exchange through RCI, etc.

"Discovery" seems to be something completely different - not a part of "Ovation," but sort of its flip side. I think that people who aren't members can try a trial ownership/membership, which requires buying restricted points that may be used at only a few resorts and which expire in a couple of years.

Louis W.
Feb 17, 2018

I will gladly give away my timeshare at Shawnee on the Delaware, in Pennsylvania. to get rid of he deed and any responsibility to my deeded children. we can not afford to pay the annual fees nor do we travel anymore. we need to dislove any affiliation with the timeshare.

Kathleen D.
Feb 17, 2018

kathleend329 wrote:
I will gladly give away my timeshare at Shawnee on the Delaware, in Pennsylvania. to get rid of he deed and any responsibility to my deeded children. we can not afford to pay the annual fees nor do we travel anymore. we need to dislove any affiliation with the timeshare.

Assuming you don't have a mortgage, you can give back your timeshare to Wyndham and (hopefully) keep the same number of points you have for three years. There are no further maintenance fees so you have 3 years to travel "free". We did this, and have not looked back.

There is a phone number that is probably still right: 888-752-1362. Call from 9 to 5, Monday-Friday and they will help you. Whatever you do, DON'T PAY ANYONE TO "GET YOU OUT OF YOUR TIMESHARE!" They will take your money, do nothing, and you will still be stuck with paying whatever maintenance fees or mortgage (or both) that you now owe. They are liars and scammers. Talk to the Wyndham people -- they are helpful, and not as devious and slippery as the sales force.

Here's a link that has some information that might be helpful:: https://www.clubwyndham.com/cw/discover/ovationbywyndham.page

Good luck!

Jim S.

Last edited by jims1139 on Feb 17, 2018 11:33 AM

Feb 17, 2018

In that case, contact Wyndham Ovation, and you can exit with no fees and no additional obligations. You can read all the comments on this Red Week thread to see that it's legitimate. I just helped my mom through the exit process back in December (I was a deeded child).

Make sure you ask for the "Limited Edition" exit program, which will give you three years of "free points", with no on-going payments whatsoever (if your resort qualifies). Here's the website, which also provides a phone number.

https://www.clubwyndham.com/cw/landing/limitededition.page

It was very straight forward.

- Brian

kathleend329 wrote:

Brian T.
Mar 21, 2018

Shell vacation club members are NOT eligible for the Club Wyndham Ovation Exit program. I was just informed by the Wyndham representative that the Only way to avoid paying further annual membership fees to Shell Vacations Club is to request a return of your points for SVC to sell them again to a new sucker. When will this onerous practice become illegal?

ken1193 wrote:
kathyh693 wrote:
Are Shell vacations Club members who trade through Wyndham able to give back their points via Ovation?

Recent posts on that subject in Timeshare Users Group discussion forums indicate YES. However, Wyndham doesn't just accept everything back under Ovation --- they "cherry picK", so Wyndham is likely also selective about Shell ownerships. It's certainly worth inquiring directly, since ALL Ovation decisions are individual and product-specific.

Fran W.
Mar 21, 2018

franw52 Shell vacation club members are NOT eligible for the Club Wyndham Ovation Exit program. I was just informed by the Wyndham representative that the Only way to avoid paying further annual membership fees to Shell Vacations Club is to request a return of your points for SVC to sell them again to a new sucker. When will this onerous practice become illegal?

Just sounds like an Ovation lookalike for Shell.

And what's so "onerous" about it that ANYone should think of calling on government employees to write yet another law or regulation? No one's MAKING any of us give our points back.

Stu M.

Last edited by markl18 on Mar 21, 2018 04:12 PM

Mar 23, 2018

This is just another SCAM from Wyndham!!!

I just called the phone number and "Rosa" informed me Wyndham willing to take back all our paid contract FOR FREE!!!

The cheapest purchase from Wyndham, what i heard of is around $17,000.00, most of us paid way more than that, and Wyndham's "exit solution" is to graciously take it back for free?????

Sorry but in my opinion this is just another SCAM.

Jozsef R.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.