Timeshare Companies

Wyndham's new "Ovation" program offers exit solutions for their owners... interested?

Aug 01, 2018

Under no circumstances does Wyndham (or any other "deedback program) give anyone any money back. The Wyndham-specific "Ovation" program, like any other "deedback" program, is merely a way for an owner who has no unpaid timeshare loan debt or any unpaid maintenance fees to sign their ownership back over to the developer (or HOA) and walk away clean. Getting released from those contractual obligations never actually involves any refund of money. Never.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Aug 01, 2018 03:59 AM

Aug 01, 2018

Christinag73 wrote, in part: I have a question, because we also bought from trendwest about 17 years ago. Ovation gave you money back? Yours is the only post I have seen on here that says they got some money back."

Whose post included news that he/she had gotten money back? I can't find it.

Since Red Week removed the option of including the post a person is responding to, this whole forum has become MUCH less easy to follow. Red Week, please take note!

Stu M.
Aug 01, 2018

I agree that being able to quote pertinent parts of a post when offering a reply makes for much more coherent flow and interconnected discussion. I cannot begin to imagine why RedWeek would take a step backwards to remove that option; that makes no sense to me at all. Without that feature, forum replies take on a disjointed Abbott & Costello-like "Who's on First?" vibe. That may be o.k. for a comedy routine, but it's certainly not good for a discussion forum.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Aug 03, 2018 11:15 AM

Aug 01, 2018

The post I was referring to which I thought my reply would post under was from June 22, from Annes442. She wrote - "We bought from Worldmark/TrendWest over 20 years ago, and then added shares, both resale and from the company directly. Ovation paid us an "incentive" of about 1/3 of our total investment, have no idea why, but we're happy. The whole process took about 6 weeks and we had no problems . Good experience."

That was the only post I saw that said they received a payment from ovation, so I am curious.

Christina G.
Aug 01, 2018

That is certainly a very interesting claim, but I frankly just don't believe it. In my own 35 years of experience with timeshares, I have never once heard of any developer or HOA anywhere paying out one penny in the course of a "deedback". Many HOA's that accept "deedbacks" actually even require pre-payment of a year or two (or even three years) of maintenance fees before accepting a "deedback". Wyndham doesn't charge any money in "Ovation", but Westgate charges $950 for deedbacks and Diamond charges $250 for deeback processing. No developer pays out money in the course of accepting a deedback.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Aug 03, 2018 11:05 AM

Aug 02, 2018

What if you have 2 wyndham timeshares will wyndham take just one or will they take everything. The one timeshare is one they said they don't take back. Would that mean they won't take just the one.

Mary B.
Aug 02, 2018

mary1127 wrote:
What if you have 2 wyndham timeshares will wyndham take just one or will they take everything. The one timeshare is one they said they don't take back. Would that mean they won't take just the one.

Wyndham will accept back whatever and whenever it wants to. Likely, Wyndham will only accept back what it feels it can resell. If you own two and Wyndham feels only one is worth taking back, then likely it will accept back that one. Remember, Wyndham (or any other resort system that is currently offering deed backs) is under no obligation to accept these back. It's just an individual choice on the part of each company.

Lance C.
Aug 02, 2018

markl18 wrote:
Since Red Week removed the option of including the post a person is responding to, this whole forum has become MUCH less easy to follow. Red Week, please take note!

markl18 and ken1193 - Duly noted and reported to the RedWeek management team. We found out it was an unintentional break that has now been fixed, so thanks for bringing it to our attention!

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Aug 03, 2018

I am a Timeshare Owner from Wyndham and I just heard about this Ovation program. I am definitely going to contact them. My Timeshare Resort is the Royal Vista in Florida and I have been asking everybody if there was a chance to get rid of this nightmare. If this Ovation program is true, Wyndham is opening a new era for the Timeshare Business as people will fill confident that when the time comes they have an option. Right now, the word Timeshare is a terrible bad word that people is afraid to talk about. Next week I am contacting the Ovation Program to see how true this is and if there is a real option for this nightmare.

Eldio G.
Aug 03, 2018

eldiog wrote:
If this Ovation program is true, Wyndham is opening a new era for the Timeshare Business as people will fill confident that when the time comes they have an option. Right now, the word Timeshare is a terrible bad word that people is afraid to talk about. Next week I am contacting the Ovation Program to see how true this is and if there is a real option for this nightmare.

Wyndham's "Ovation" program has been in place since December, 2015; it is not new and yes, it is very "true". All fees must be fully paid up to date, with no unpaid loan balance, in order to be considered. Even then, Wyndham does not just accept everything into Ovation; they pick and choose. You need to have a conversation directly with Wyndham; the contact phone number is easily found by reading through this thread.

Diamond and Westgate have now also opened similar "deedback" doors. Wyndham charges nothing for deedbacks, but Westgate charges $950 and Diamond charges $250 to process deedbacks on paid up ownerships with no unpaid loan balances in their respective systems. Loan "forgiveness" is not a part of any deedback program anywhere.

Don't wait too long. Wyndham can terminate the "Ovation" program any time they might choose to do so, with no requirement to provide anyone with advance notice. Act now. If you snooze, you may lose. Good luck.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Aug 03, 2018 12:29 PM

Aug 03, 2018

i am going to read this article. i am interested in this ovation program as i am a wyndham owner.

Tomi R.
Aug 05, 2018

tomir wrote:
I am going to read this article. i am interested in this ovation program as i am a wyndham owner.

The first post in this thread should give you the directions you need. Something to keep in mind is that your mortgage must be paid off and your maintenance fees must be up to date.

Also,Wyndham is not obligated to take back just anything. It might accept your request for a deed back, it might not. I wish you the best.

Lance C.
Aug 05, 2018

lancec13 wrote:
tomir wrote:
I am going to read this article. i am interested in this ovation program as i am a wyndham owner.

The first post in this thread should give you the directions you need. Something to keep in mind is that your mortgage must be paid off and your maintenance fees must be up to date.

Also,Wyndham is not obligated to take back just anything. It might accept your request for a deed back, it might not. I wish you the best.

You'll also lose any reservation(s) you have already booked.

Just make a direct call to Wyndham at 1-855-312-9040. It's just plain that easy.

Stu M.
Aug 07, 2018

Yep, sounds all good but they need to target the loyal clients that have paid them well over 300k, and just want out. This so-called ovation program is not all that great. If you owe money, you obviously have To pay it off. Doesn’t make any sense. And I love how they say the maintenance fees won’t go up. They have been skyrocketing since the late 90s. I’ve already been scammed by CASTLE LAW GROUP PC to cancel my timeshare. If it’s the last thing I do on earth, I will take action against them. I have already been in contact with the TN DOJ. CLG is a bunch of lying, thieving subhumans and I hope everyone of them gets what’s coming to them. Judson Phillips needs to be disbarred from Ever practicing law again. No Christians here for sure.

Tomi R.
Aug 07, 2018

tomir wrote:
...they need to target the loyal clients that have paid them well over 300k, and just want out. This so-called ovation program is not all that great. If you owe money, you obviously have To pay it off. Doesn’t make any sense. And I love how they say the maintenance fees won’t go up. They have been skyrocketing since the late 90s. I’ve already been scammed by CASTLE LAW GROUP PC to cancel my timeshare.

Wyndham certainly doesn't care one bit about "loyal clients", nor do they care one bit how much has been spent to date by those "loyal clients". Wyndham is a big corporation. To them it's all "just business"; they focus on their own bottom line.

When you think about it, Ovation is essentially a way for Wyndham to retrieve timeshare inventory back for free; it's actually ingenious as a business plan. For Wyndham timeshare owners who just want out and discover that what they own has no real value in the resale market, I'm that sure that it's a very bitter pill to swallow to give it back for free under Ovation --- but it's certainly a lot smarter and much less costly than paying thousands of dollars to parasites like Castle Law Group to ultimately accomplish absolutely nothing.

It could certainly be argued that Wyndham should also consider loan forgiveness under Ovation, since (to the best of my knowledge, anyhow) Wyndham financing is conducted entirely "in house". Loan forgiveness is not an option if / when there is any "third party" lender involved, but my understanding is that this is not the case with "in house" Wyndham financing. Again however, Wyndham's only real concern is their own bottom line, not the situations or well being of people who previously chose to purchase their "product".

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Aug 07, 2018 01:58 PM

Aug 08, 2018

Hi, here's our story. My parents bought these timeshares when it was Fairfield and then they were grandfathered in when Wyndham bought them out. We've enjoyed the vacations over the past 18 years but my parents are 86 and 90, our kids are all grown and no one has time to use the points in the way they want you to use them (on their timing and whatever is available). My parents' maintenance fees are a whopping $360 a month (they are VIP owners, paid in full and never miss a payment). My two sisters and I stupidly signed on as co owners many years ago when my parents told us to sign these papers so that you can make the reservations whenever you want to use them. Again, we stupidly did, leaving the bank that day with a bad feeling. I asked my parents what are we to do when they die and we don't want it, they said well just sell it. Right!!! Lol...I had not heard of Ovation until AFTER my parents paid Reid Hein Timeshare Exit Team $5,000 to get us exited. Here we are 18 months later and my folks have paid over $5,000 more in maintenance fees waiting. I called Wyndham and got a hold of someone at this number mentioned on this forum and they saw that Reid Hein was representing us (meaning-trying to exit us) which meant a check mark was on our file. Wyndham said until we get that removed, we can't move forward to apply. So we asked Reid Hein and waiting for them to do so. What a mess but so many on a few forums who went through Reid/Hein TET (yes, the one Dave Ramsey backs) were still waiting an exit after three years. Basically, they appeal to Wyndham and wait on Wyndham. I'm praying we get my parents out and crossing my fingers we can move forward soon. '

Lynn W.
Aug 08, 2018

Another thing we're going to try if Ovation doesn't work, is go through a Title company and get my sister's and my name off the deed.

Lynn W.
Aug 08, 2018

I'm sorry that you ever got added to the deed (not a smart move, as you have now learned) and even more sorry that you ever paid Timeshare Exit Team a dime before learning of the free "exit" opportunity via Ovation. But that's all water under the bridge now.

I agree with your immediately pursuing preparation and recording of a new deed, as you have proposed, with your parents as sole "grantees". Their intentions were good, but the consequences are not. A new deed can be prepared and recorded for less than $200 via an outfit like LTTransfers. Wyndham may or may not impose their own (gratuitous but customary) $299 "transfer fee to process the change in ownership after a new officially recorded deed is presented to them.

I doubt that TET will refund much if any of your money, but I respectfully submit that it can't hurt to at least try to negotiate a partial refund ( and obtain written and signed agreement from TET to cease "representing' you) so that you can proceed with Ovation directly with Wyndham. You could probably have expected TET to be looking for even more money from you at some point anyhow --- that seems to be their pattern, according to unhappy user web posts.

HOWEVER, with all that being said, you should first verify directly with the folks at Wyndham that this particular ownership would even be considered for acceptance into Ovation at all in the first place, since Wyndham doesn't take back everything --- they definitely "cherry pick".

You're obviously in a tough situation but I hope that you can negotiate your way out of it, one way or another. Good luck.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Aug 11, 2018 04:26 AM

Aug 08, 2018

ken1193 wrote:
I doubt that TET will refund much if any of your money, but I respectfully submit that it can't hurt to at least try[/] to negotiate a partial refund ( and obtain written and signed agreement to that effect from TET) to cease "representing" you so that you can immediately proceed with Ovation directly with Wyndham. ... HOWEVER, with all that being said, you should first verify directly with the folks at Wyndham that this particular ownership would even be considered for acceptance into Ovation at all in the first place, since Wyndham doesn't take back everything --- they definitely "cherry pick"..

A grateful Ovation participant (who just booked his last of three years worth of "free" points), I agree with what ken1193 writes.

But in addition, why not complain to/confront Dave Ramsey directly? His home page: https://www.daveramsey.com/?msclkid=959fe333ba081b8014b5b8582a2bd90d&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Lampo%20-%20Dave%20Ramsey%20Keywords%20-%20Bing&utm_term=dave%20ramsey&utm_content=Dave%20Ramsey

Stu M.
Aug 09, 2018

I've always thought Dave Ramsey was pretty good with financial recommendations. I think it would be at least interesting to "confront" him with the facts of a case involving one of his recommendations. See how he deals with it (or NOT). Maybe silence . . .

Jim S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.