Timeshare Companies

Wyndham's new "Ovation" program offers exit solutions for their owners... interested?

Aug 19, 2019

dianek92 wrote:
I agree, especially in Las Vegas, they are sharks out there. But sad to say, others have learned their tricks and can talk you into anything. It always sounds good. I am in the Ovation program and I will tell you that it is very limited. They keep taking away privileges, like guest certificates, but I just need to be satisfied that I can still go to some of the other resorts for two more years. I loved going to their resorts, it really spoiled us and we just have to not compare to hotel rooms. JUST REMEMBER, DON'T GO TO THE UPDATES UNLESS YOU HAVE A WILL OF STEEL AND STICK TO YOUR CONVICTIONS!!!!

And also if you don't mind being harassed and insulted if you refuse their offers and ask for your "gift" so you can leave.

Lolli S.
Aug 20, 2019

I have seen many comments regarding Wyndham not allowing timeshares purchased on the second hand market to be turned back in for Limited Edition. We just completed the whole process. We had one timeshare purchased from Wyndham and two resales. Wyndham took back all for Limited Edition. The whole thing was very painless, took a matter of two months and now I have gone online through Limited Edition and booked vacation weeks with no hassle. I am very happy to have no more maintenance fees and to be able to use these points for three years. Good luck to everyone.

Sharon M.
Aug 21, 2019

Today I wasted over an hour attempting to find out what my options might be to dispose of my SHELLVACATION ownership. The Wyndham Ovation folks could not help me because I was not a CLUB WYNDHAM member. The SHELLVACATION folks would be happy to have me gift my points back to SHELLVACATIONS but could not tell me how to convert them to CLUB WYNDHAM points. After several more calls to Wyndham corporate sales and owners services, I went back to SVC services and learned that I could talk to someone about converting my SVC points to Club Wyndham points in 2020, probably for a price and without any guarantee of qualifying for the Ovation Limited program. Once again, Shell/Wyndham offers nothing and just wants to make another buck. The great American way!

Fran W.
Aug 21, 2019

Sharon, are you saying that you received 3 years of free usage for your retail and resale points through limited editions? How many points did you have total between the 3 contracts and when did you purchase? Is is possible you bought long enough ago that they were considered "grandfathered" as vip eligible points?

Tracey S.
Aug 21, 2019

franw52 wrote:
... I went back to SVC services and learned that I could talk to someone about converting my SVC points to Club Wyndham points in 2020, probably for a price and without any guarantee of qualifying for the Ovation Limited program. Once again, Shell/Wyndham offers nothing and just wants to make another buck. The great American way!

Just GET RID of SVC and do NOT enslave yourself to Wyndham. THAT's the Great American way! What would you have in its place?

Stu M.
Aug 22, 2019

Yes, we owned the ones we got second hand for about 30 years. The other one we owned about 15. 455,000 points. The resales were FF Glade weeks that were converted to points. Also, we will be excluded from any timeshare updates which doesn't make me sad. Those sales people are ruthless. It's so different than dealing with their Ovation people.

Sharon M.
Sep 03, 2019

Laura Beck-Ard

I am on these sites "Unhappy Wyndham Owners" & "Inside Timeshare" which may offer you some assistance, guidance and support.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/376743609795740/?multi_permalinks=528822097921223%2C528818674588232&notif_id=1567521070138534&notif_t=group_activity

https://insidetimeshare.com/

Amy M.

Last edited by amym1136 on Sep 03, 2019 05:52 PM

Sep 16, 2019

I have a timeshare that my mom gave me 10 years ago. The opportunities have become more limited over the years because it's coded as a 'resale' membership and I often lose points that I haven't been able to use. Also, the fees have gone up and it's costing me $900 per year. I'd like to either get rid of it, or transfer it back to my mom, who's 97 and won't be alive much longer

kyliec wrote:
We have been talking to Wyndham about their new program, Ovation, which was quietly announced to Wyndham owners a few weeks ago. The company isn't offering concrete details, but appears they are ready to customize exit solutions for their owners who no longer use their timeshares.

Jeff Weir has written an informative article for us with much more detail on this topic. Read about the initial introduction of the Ovation program here... and the Ovation update nearly a year later here.

IF YOU ARE A WYNDHAM OWNER, interested in what solutions Wyndham will offer to you, take us along for the ride! We would love to follow several owners as they contact Wyndham for a solution to see whether this program is all they are claiming it to be. If you're interested, please post here and Jeff will follow up with you.

Kathi E.
Sep 16, 2019

kathie142 wrote:
I have a timeshare that my mom gave me 10 years ago. The opportunities have become more limited over the years because it's coded as a 'resale' membership and I often lose points that I haven't been able to use. Also, the fees have gone up and it's costing me $900 per year. I'd like to either get rid of it, or transfer it back to my mom, who's 97 and won't be alive much longer.

If you keep your points, tell a Wyndham agent you want to "pool" your points. There's a fee, of course, but depending on the number of points you have and how you use them, you may not actually LOSE points (and therefore the money you paid in maintenance fees). I assume "pooling" is still available...

To learn how to get rid of it, READ THIS FORUM. It's now 37 pages long and will tell you all you need to know -- and more -- about the Ovation program.

To transfer it back to your mom so someday you can refuse to inherit it, engage a reputable closing agent -- a Redweek advertiser, or, my recommendation, chicagotitletransfer.com . If you choose this option, DO IT TODAY. NOW! There's no time to kill. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVWC22OhSjI

Stu M.

Last edited by markl18 on Sep 16, 2019 09:40 AM

Sep 16, 2019

Call Wyndham Ovation directly. They referred me to a real estate company. I got out of my timeshare and even got a check for $1500 from Fidelity who sold my unit. I had to pay the various closing costs that any property sale would require. Ovation people were very accommodating. They were not like obnoxious sale people. Also see if you have any points at RCI. Use them or lose them.

Jim H.
Oct 17, 2019

I WANT OUT!!! I CALLED THEM AND TOLD THEM I DONT WANT TO BE A PART OF THIS SCAM THEY SAID TO LATE YOUR PAST THE DAYS TO CHANGR MY MIND SO I GUESS I NEED A ATTORNEY!!!! IVE TOLD SEVERAL PEOPLE WHO CALLED ME I WANT OUT THEY SAID OH WELL NOT A OPTION!!!

Darla C.
Oct 17, 2019

Well this just goes to show how messy and unreliable the process can be. When I called the person insisted I had to first turn back my resale contract at Cypress Palms without Limited Edition benefits. Only after that transaction was completed did they take back my points at Alexandria and put me into the LE. Go figure. They may have changed the policy or it may depend on who you talk to that day.

sharonm901 wrote:
I have seen many comments regarding Wyndham not allowing timeshares purchased on the second hand market to be turned back in for Limited Edition. We just completed the whole process. We had one timeshare purchased from Wyndham and two resales. Wyndham took back all for Limited Edition. The whole thing was very painless, took a matter of two months and now I have gone online through Limited Edition and booked vacation weeks with no hassle. I am very happy to have no more maintenance fees and to be able to use these points for three years. Good luck to everyone.

Lolli S.
Oct 28, 2019

Vist their page ->https://www.myclubwyndham.com/mycw/happening/news/ovation-by-wyndham.page

The bottom of the page says it all: "THIS ADVERTISING MATERIAL IS BEING USED FOR THE PURPOSE OF SOLICITING THE SALE OF TIME-SHARE PROPERTY OR INTERESTS IN TIME-SHARE PROPERTY."

Will R.
Oct 28, 2019

thank you... I'm joining!

Diane E.
Oct 29, 2019

Who r these credible people? Because I got scammed into trying to keep my shell Vacation Club because I was told this last April that Wyndham was phasing shell out and I had to convert my points to Wyndham, plus buy more points in order to keep using a resort that I had already paid for and could not use any more because I wouldn't have enough points. Then I find out months later that shell is not being absorbed by Wyndham and that it will always be here so they lied to me. So now here I am stuck in a new contract with new maintenance fees and it will cost me 6500 to get out of and I don't have that kind of money.

Snookey J.
Nov 25, 2019

Read fine print - Agreement said they can change the rules at any time. They did that in April 2019 to only owners can use the timeshares. No kids, family, friends.

Don R.
Nov 25, 2019

READ FINE PRINT! They changed the program April 2019 and only the owner can use the timeshare plus you get extra charges and fee's.

Don R.
Nov 25, 2019

snookeyj wrote:
... I was told this last April that Wyndham was phasing Shell out and I had to convert my points to Wyndham, plus buy more points, in order to keep using a resort that I had already paid for.... Then I find out months later that Shell is not being absorbed by Wyndham and that it will always be here so they lied to me. So now here I am stuck in a new contract with new maintenance fees and it will cost me $6500 to get out of and I don't have that kind of money.

What happened next? Did you get out?

Stu M.
Dec 19, 2019

I just got off the phone with the Ovation division. Wyndham has no intention if helping timeshare owners get out of the contract unless the account has been paid in full. They told me I would have to pay the account in full in order to terminate my points and not be charged yearly dues. Or I could sell through a 3rd party which would be pennies on the dollar. Sad that I was lied to from the beginning and was pressured into this sale. I blame myself for falling for it but I hate even more the hope they spread when saying they will help the timeshare owner get out of their contract when a lifestyle changes or finances change

Noreen K.
Dec 19, 2019

Ovation is an exit program only for timeshares who are current with their maintenance fees and fully paid off. It has always been that way. Too think one might recover some of their initial cost is sorry to say, Alice in Wonderland thinking. Without knowing the details your situation, its hard to give any advice that carries any weight. Now here is just an idea. Take it for what it is worth: Interest rates are at extremely low rates. You might want to borrow enough to pay off the timeshare loan. What that will do is enable you to go back to Ovation and they might be able to help you in divesting yourself from your timeshare. It will also get you out of those pesky maintenance fees. Then you can use that monthly savings to help pay back your loan. I was able to not only get rid of my timeshare, but even sold it through a real estate company they had given me 5 companies to choose from and actually netted $1600.00. Good luck.

Jim H.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.