Timeshare Companies

Wyndham's new "Ovation" program offers exit solutions for their owners... interested?

Sep 18, 2015

After waiting 6 weeks after Receiving an email from Wyndham that we were eligible for the Ovation program I finally called them to see if the paperwork was progressing on my Application.

After getting bounced around to 2 or 3 people the Representative told me that we were not eligible for the 'Ovation' program since we had a Fixed Week. She said we are eligible for their CAP (Customer Appreciation Program) which is a deedback only with no other compensation or privileges.

I said I understood that 6+ weeks ago and was okay with that so let's get it done.

She asked the reason we wanted out and I told her and she said okay and we would receive paperwork in 11-12 weeks so we will wait again.

Brian B.

Last edited by brianb259 on Sep 18, 2015 06:51 PM

Sep 20, 2015

brianb259 wrote:
After waiting 6 weeks after Receiving an email from Wyndham that we were eligible for the Ovation program I finally called them to see if the paperwork was progressing on my Application.

After getting bounced around to 2 or 3 people the Representative told me that we were not eligible for the 'Ovation' program since we had a Fixed Week. She said we are eligible for their CAP (Customer Appreciation Program) which is a deedback only with no other compensation or privileges.

I said I understood that 6+ weeks ago and was okay with that so let's get it done.

She asked the reason we wanted out and I told her and she said okay and we would receive paperwork in 11-12 weeks so we will wait again.

Hi all;

I just wanted to report that I seemed to have gotten through the process. I contacted Wyndham on May21st and received paperwork (deed back) for signature and notarization on August 3rd. I received a letter back last week indicating they have all the paperwork necessary.

There is light at the end of the long tunnel.

Janet T.
Sep 21, 2015

I had Wyndam email the documents they prepared, which saved some weeks in the mailing process. Mom has notarized them and I got the certified copies of Dad's death certificate. So far the plan is: No fees for me to do this, and I won't be getting any money back from Wyndam, but that annual payment will go away yippee! I'll believe it when I see it. It was a points based every other year, Bonnet Creek 'property' which has to be treated as property not membership.

Kathleen H.
Sep 24, 2015

Does anyone have a number for the Sapphire Beach Club Resort in St. Maarten. I have tried to find info. I called the ovation program and Sapphire is no longer affiliated with Wyndam. So I am back to square one trying to get rid of my paid off time share week. Any advice would be helpful. Thank you Rebecca

Rebecca B.
Sep 24, 2015

Why are you waiting….do it now and you do NOT need an attorney for a deedback….get a quit claim deed and fill out the info from her deed and have her sign and notarize and send it back with a medical hardship letter stating she has dementia and is no longer able to travel and no one wants to inherit it….they may send you their forms to sign or their own quit claim but she will be out. I've helped many owners do this due to financial or medical hardship.

Luna S.
Sep 24, 2015

Call the Wyndam Vacation Resorts Title Services, 1-800-251-8736, option 2 then option 3. You need the contract number and probably good to also have your member number, location, points if applicable, address and phone number on file in front of you when you call. This office handles the title changes (including deed back) for all of the Wyndam properties. Be prepared for a long time on hold, based on my own experience. They won't ever give you an individual to contact, the various people who answer that phone have a computer screen to read. You may get a call back from Wyndam 'ovation services', maybe not. Tell them you are certain nobody in your family or friends wants the 'property' in transfer because you have checked , and you want a deed back to Wyndam, and you understand they won't pay you any money for it. Ask them to email papers to you to be notarized. Send the notarized papers (and anything else such as death certificates) to them certified mail. That's as far as I got so far, so I don't know how this will end as yet. You have to keep up on payments and dues during the process of 'surrender' by deed-back. Hope this helps someone struggling as I have to get through it.

Kathleen H.
Sep 24, 2015

The reason for the long process is so you keep paying the extra maintenance fees while you are waiting for the documents. They're all about $$$!!! Remember, to ask your accountant, but you can take a tax credit for loss of real property value. Most people do not know that!

Luna S.
Sep 24, 2015

Don't fall for the phony tax credit scam. There is no tax deduction. Also don't fall for someone claiming they can speed up the process for a deed back. NEVER pay anyone money to help you get out of your timeshare. Scammers troll the forums looking for victims. Deal directly with your resort if you are using a deed back.

Don P.
Sep 25, 2015

donp196 is right about this: There are trolls everywhere in this process, many of whom present themselves as the only honorable and ethical ones out there. And they are aggressive too. If they use your first name in every sentence when you are talking....get away immediately! Actually when I think of it, maybe its nice when the people at Wyndam title are so abrupt...at least it confirms they are not in the business of conning me again. They seem just as annoyed by the whole matter as I feel.

Kathleen H.
Sep 25, 2015

If your accountant says that you cannot take a tax write off for loss of real property...then you better hire a new accountant! Seriously! lol

Do your own deedback with a quit claim…you don't need anyone to do it for you…its simple…download a quit claim form online and complete it.

Luna S.
Sep 25, 2015

I took part to another club than Wyndham's which was sold at Wyndham as well though. I didnt read this topic thru, but like to share different kind of story of Wyndham.

As I said I took a part to another club called RHC (Royal Holiday) 2009. I bought the membership at Wyndham Crystal Palace Nassau, Bahamas. Its a long story what happened to me with this club, but what really amazes me is that how come any other club membership can be sold at Wyndham's than their own.

My money of over 14.000,00 USD was stolen by RHC (what ever that is), and I was put out of the system. Its a long story, and besides Im European, so, Im sorry for my english skills here as well. But if anyone is interested to read my crazy story, I have written a lot f.e. 'Royal Holiday is a scam' topic in this site.

Sari P.
Oct 07, 2015

I have contacted Wyndham regarding this program. We are Gold VIP with 507,000 points and have enjoyed our years with Wyndham but are looking at exiting. We have vacation plans coming up next month but will contact them again upon our return.

Ruth C.
Oct 07, 2015

i'm about to start the process

Derek A.
Oct 07, 2015

We received the documents from Wyndham in very short order but being from Canada they want the signatures notarized by the United States Consulate in Toronto which is difficult. Apparently there is a service that is authorized to do that on behalf of the US Consulate but none locally but I will call and make an appointment after contacting them first by email.

I think we are making progress, one step at a time. Fortunately we are planning on using our Fairfield Glade one last time this year so no big deal.

brianb259 wrote:

Brian B.

Last edited by brianb259 on Oct 07, 2015 11:03 AM

Oct 20, 2015

Deed back was completed, and Wyndam sent me a check for $188 so I came out ahead by about $150 including notary and mailing fees. Its a relief to no longer be saddled with the fees. It was actually easy to do at the Wyndam number I posted and with the technique I posted earlier in this post. Its a good "road map" for situations where everything is paid up and you just want to unload it without paying more money into it.

Kathleen H.

Last edited by kathleenh352 on Oct 20, 2015 06:13 AM

Nov 30, 2015

I've read the article by Jeff Weir in redweek.com and my wife & I are interested in this program. We made an initial call to Wyndham's Ovation office(?) and, since we were told that all reservations will be cancelled at the time we begin the exit process, we will call them back after we return from Florida (Panama City Beach) next week.

Initial reaction to the first call to Ovation: They're VERY clear (repeated it multiple times) that this is not a buy-back program, and it appears clear that they have no plans to offer us any type of limited "use option" as a possible option spoken of in Jeff's article. The process--as presented in this initial call--is; 1. We verbally commit to enter the program: 2. All existing reservations are cancelled & no future reservations can be made: 3. Wyndham drafts & sends us a proposal (to end the relationship): 4. We sign & return the paperwork: 5. The End 6. We pay the monthly maintenance fees during the time it takes to get from #1 to #5.

You are welcome to join us on this ride in order to report to others who might be interested.

Fred A.
Nov 30, 2015

This is absolutely a 'give it back to Wyndam' program. That was a good option for my family compared to trying to give it to someone since nobody wanted it and deed transfer costs money to do as well. If you had a person who wanted it in transfer that you trusted there are reputable ways to get this done in the range of $1000-1200 in costs. But there is no good option among the 'troll companies' who profess to either sell it for you or 'do a deed transfer' for you. This is because my Mom is 90yo, cannot use the timeshare, and nobody wants to take over those yearly fees.

Kathleen H.
Dec 03, 2015

That is not true at all! There are many scammers yes but not everyone is. Wyndham in my opinion is the largest scammer/criminal! You don't even want to know what they do ands legally file in their stock reports!

The only time you should pay to get out of a contract is to retain an attorney for misrepresentation and with a money back guarantee! There are only a handful of credible attorneys I would recommend, which I'm sure they will block if I post? Always block on here. But ovation is a scam in my opinion, but I know the system much better than 99% of the people out there. I own (grew up in Fairfield), worked for the company, operate an account management company for gold and platinum owners plus Co founded a non profit to assist owners in getting real truth and information on their best options, uses, and any questions they have free of charge to help eliminate owners being scammed by Wyndham or other companies. If anyone here has a question I'll be happy to answer. May take a day or two as this is 100 percent volunteered time, but wanted y'all to know I'm here to help.

Angela R.

Last edited by angelar285 on Jan 26, 2016 07:33 AM

Dec 03, 2015

Just so y'all are aware wyndham is doing this to get gaining control to further their hotel contracts with all major otas! If you are gold or higher you don't need to pay a penny in maintenance fees ever! I do this all day everyday and is my business. So many better options to keep travel pay no fees and actually recoup some value in the end through loopholes that give it some value. There are programs that give some owners a very very very fair resale rate operated by Wyndham in certain states to meet state laws, but corporate will deny this to the end as they want it for free guys! Please get real advice not from one of those scam companies who claim to have a buyer etc, but someone versed in this industry, it's laws and corporate policies.

Angela R.
Dec 04, 2015

RE: "So many better options to keep travel pay no fees and actually recoup some value in the end through loopholes that give it some value."

Please clarify that sentence and please suggest some of those better options.

RE: "There are programs that give some owners a very very very fair resale rate operated by Wyndham in certain states to meet state laws"

Which states?

Thanks.

Stu M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.