Timeshare Companies

Wyndham's new "Ovation" program offers exit solutions for their owners... interested?

Jan 26, 2016

angelar285 wrote:
Just FYI owners this site is monitored by Wyndham corporate so I will keep my responses brief. We have a private fb group for this reason. I actually had one of my owners contacted by Wyndham legal wanting to know who Taught them how to use their points like this, so very cautious on here.

Why should it matter whether Wyndham is monitoring this site? Maybe they're afraid more and more who accept their bribes to come for an "update" or whatever it's called on any given day could buy Wyndham points on the secondary market for 2 cents or less per point? The decendants of Cendant still can't be trusted.

Stu M.
Jan 26, 2016

Is there a way to contact you other than through this forum? (RE: other options)

Fred A.
Jan 27, 2016

I have written about the Ovation program for RedWeek and will do so again. Would like to talk to any owners who used the program, good or bad. I can be reached at jeff@redweek.com.

Jeffrey W.
Jan 27, 2016

freda159 wrote:
"There are a few properties in the Wyndham program that if the owner bought direct then, the owner might be offered 2 or 3 years use without additional MF's . . . ."

How does one discover whether or not their property (in my case, Ocean Blvd., N Myrtle Beach) is on that list? When I called Ovation for info, this was not mentioned as a possibility--although it was stated in Jeff's article about the program. Do we have to start the process first, & then haggle with them?

I don't know about Ocean Blvd. I kind of doubt it. But if you bought more than 300,000 points direct and have it paid off you might have a chance if you call back and try negotiating. If you own less or bought resale than I don't think you will have any luck other than getting out for nothing through Ovation. On the other hand if you own more than 185,000 annual or there about you probably can sell for a few hundred dollars or more depending on the number of points. Wyndham does drag out the process for resales so expect it to take 2-6 months longer than giving it back through ovation. Either way you have to keep the MF's current.

Tracey S.
Jan 31, 2016

I am interested in learning more about your company and better managing my Wyndham points or perhaps selling them. How do I get in touch with you directly to learn more.

angelar285 wrote:
If your timeshare is paid off and current and on the list of desired Resort the company will take it back free of charge and you can walk away nothing recouped nothing gained they just take it back from you that is the extent of the program. Unless you're in a dire financial situation I do not recommend this to any owners think about what you paid for it plus the cost now with inflation it takes them approximately 8-9 months to redeed the property to recycle it for resale. There are other options people will pay for

James C.
Feb 04, 2016

We own 105,000 points /yr in Las Vegas (Grand Desert Resort) and were willing to just give it back, but now I see that maybe I should try and sell it back??? Owned it for 3 yrs and have NEVER used it. Expensive lesson learned on that one. And the US exchange rate is a big issue right now to. Thoughts?

Tina G.
Feb 04, 2016

tinag204 wrote:
We own 105,000 points /yr in Las Vegas (Grand Desert Resort) and were willing to just give it back, but now I see that maybe I should try and sell it back??? Owned it for 3 yrs and have NEVER used it. Expensive lesson learned on that one. And the US exchange rate is a big issue right now to. Thoughts?

Well if you want to avoid another expensive lesson, never ever pay anyone a large, upfront fee to sell, rent out, market,or "cancel" your timeshare. There are countless of these scam operations around preying on timeshare owners like you.

If you want to try to sell it, use a good timeshare resale website such as here on RedWeek, My Resort Network, Craigslist, E-Bay, or Timeshare Users Group. If you feel that yours has some resale value, make sure you price yours realistically and competitively.

Also, you say that you have all those points and haven't used them for three years. Remember, most points packages allow you to book units at other resorts. Wyndham has resorts in many countries. Maybe learn how to use your Wyndham points for stays in other locations such as countries where you don't have to pay in U.S. dollars. Or, while you're trying to sell your unit (or give it away), try using those points to book desirable intervals and then rent those out in order to recover at least some of your maintenance fees.

Lance C.
Feb 04, 2016

105,000 points isn't going to be worth anything. You probably could give it to someone other than Wyndham and you may get a taker without having to pay the $299 transfer fee yourself. Contracts that are less than 180,000 or so points have very little resale value because of the closing and transfer fees.

If it is paid off your fastest easiest way out is Ovation.

Tracey S.
Feb 05, 2016

They will block my info but I have a private group on fb for Wyndham ownershttps://www.facebook.com/groups/352635834930373/ Owner Tips, Tricks and Resources for Club Wyndham Timeshare Probably best Avenue or tugs that allow messaging

Angela R.
Feb 05, 2016

It takes on average this long to recycle a deed and put it as developer inventory for resale. Perhaps because it isn't reselling an existing deed but creating a new never sold developer inventory.

Angela R.
Feb 05, 2016

I would post in tugs forum section bargain section, not main website. However I would use any points available this year to recoup some expense. Age with other player never pay anyone any upfront money to assist in getting rid of any timeshare or the rental scam of 300-500 upfront fees. Huge scams. In Nevada if anymore than 2 sales reps came to your table during the tour/buying process it is a villain of state law and can easily be reversed, just fyi. So if you had rep and manager and exit or another manager or rep is an invalid contact. I know the guy who use to run this site and I know they violate this frequently. How this helps

Angela R.
Feb 05, 2016

Because they can track owners down who they've targeted as renters "abusing the system"( which is code for competition) and strip their vip benefits as those are only a right to use and can be taken away as necessary. Bluegreen has done this to quite a few and many owners are being contacted by Wyndham legal wandering how they learned to use their points that well. I prefer to protect any owners who've invested $100,000 in timeshare

Angela R.
Feb 05, 2016

But if you are looking to gift, I know an amazing charity, superherosfightingcancer, that will be more than happy to take a domain. They provide make a wish trips for families with parents fighting cancer. And unlike others who say your donatArion goes to charity (which is 3% off what they resell it for) this one is used 100% for charity! Just an option I wanted to suggest as I think they are amazing!

Angela R.
Feb 05, 2016

NEVER pay anyone money to take your timeshare. The IRS is cracking down on the phony charity scams. They demand a large upfront fee then they put your timeshare on Ebay for $ 1.00 . There is no charity just a scam to get your upfront money. Timesharing Today just printed an article that says the Government has filed charges against Donate for a Cause for income tax fraud. The people who took a deduction off their taxes for the so called donations are going to have to pay penalties and interest when the IRS gets them. Don't fall for this SCAM !! . If anyone gives them money they will not only lose their hard earned money but they will be subject to civil and criminal penalties down the road. If you want a lot of sleepless nights then by all means go along with the scam.

Don P.
Feb 05, 2016

tracey75 wrote:
Contracts that are less than 180,000 or so points have very little resale value because of the closing and transfer fees. // If it is paid off your fastest easiest way out is Ovation.

Then why bother with Ovation? Why not just quit paying maintenance fees and let them take it in their good time?

Stu M.

Last edited by markl18 on Feb 05, 2016 10:26 PM

Feb 06, 2016

If you give it back then there will be no negative report on your credit score. It's an inexpensive way to get out and if you deal directly Wyndham there is no risk of being ripped off by scammers.

Don P.
Feb 06, 2016

donp196 wrote:
If you give it back then there will be no negative report on your credit score. It's an inexpensive way to get out and if you deal directly Wyndham there is no risk of being ripped off by scammers.

1. If you don't borrow you could care less what your credit score is -- right? 2. There is no expense to participate in Ovation, and there is no expense just "walking away" from your timeshare by not paying maintenance fees. However, it's my understanding that you cannot participate in Ovation unless (a) you have no stay(s) booked and (b) continue to pay the maintenance fee ANYWAY until they take it back. Where's the advantage in that? 3. Where does the "risk of being ripped off by scammers" come into play? I don't see any such risk.

Stu M.

Last edited by markl18 on Feb 06, 2016 08:03 PM

Feb 07, 2016

There are people who care about their credit ratings and want to get out of the ever increasing never ending maintenance fees. For them the program is safest easiest way to get out. For people who don't care about their credit rating then do what ever you want. That's why they make assorted flavors.

Don P.
Feb 07, 2016

donp196 wrote:
There are people who care about their credit ratings and want to get out of the ever increasing never ending maintenance fees. For them the program is safest easiest way to get out. For people who don't care about their credit rating then do what ever you want. That's why they make assorted flavors.

That flippant reply really doesn't answer ANY of my three questions concerning your post.

Stu M.
Feb 08, 2016

Everyone's situation is different. Some people will choose to just walk away and others value their credit rating. The one thing they have in common is to rid themselves of the never ending increasing maintenance fees and extremely limited choice of reservations. The Ovation program gives those people who want to get out without affecting their credit score a chance to do that without fear of being ripped off by scammers. It's quick and inexpensive. For those who choose to just walk away there may be a collection agency coming after them and then legal proceedings and a negative make on their credit rating. I'm just putting the facts out there. Don't shoot the messenger.

Don P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.