Timeshare Companies

Wyndham's new "Ovation" program offers exit solutions for their owners... interested?

Apr 20, 2016

To all of you who are nervous about using Ovation, I can confirm that it worked successfully. Fortunately, my condo was in a resort already owned by Wyndham (Pahio in Princeville, Hawaii), so it was on their Ovation list of qualifying condos. Also, it was paid off as well as my maintenance fees. These are the three main things that you need to qualify for Ovation. I started the process with a telephone call to Wyndham on December 8, 2015. On December 30, I received a packet of information containing a Warranty Deed, which I signed, had notarized and returned to Wyndham. On February 5, 2016, I received a confirmation letter from Wyndham that they had received all executed documents and my contract was cancelled. I followed up with a phone call to my resort and they confirmed that I no longer was an owner as of April 11, 2016. The only thing that Wyndham or my resort did not do was contact RCI, which I did yesterday to have my weeks removed from deposit/exchange. So for me, Ovation was a success, just a little slow. Hope this helps, thanks, Jo Ann

Jo L.
Apr 24, 2016

Would you please respond as to how to offset Wyndham fees? I checked Extra Holidays and there are too many ways out to help with any certainty.

Many thanks for your time! Joanne

angelar285 wrote:
No no Roberta don't use points like that! Never ever put in extra holidays. If yall knew the half of what they do to owners and inventory we would have a federal investigation. If you need help on how to offset all your fees email and I'll walk you through the key to do this. Hate seeing owners frustrated bit it is designed to do this. Sure they will not be offering original properties as thru created Wyndham access to get the owners to cover these costs. Won't post publically as Wyndham monitors these sites.

robertaj24 wrote:
I called Wyndham and learned that my resort, National Harbor, is one that is participating. I was told that someone would call me within two weeks. That time has passed and I haven't received a call from anyone identifying him- or herself as a Wyndham Ovation program representative.

I own 721,000 points and have used my 2015 points to book 3 nights at my home resort for a business trip, book two three-night stays in Myrtle beach locations with the Wyndham rental program (my share of the rental income has historically paid for just under 1/3 of my maintenance fees), and deposited the remainder into Wyndham Rewards to use for airline miles.

Since my timeshare portfolio includes other resorts, I would consider divesting the Wyndham points, beginning with 2016. One option to do so would be to sell portions on TUG or other websites to people who might need some.

Joanne K.

Last edited by joannek165 on Apr 24, 2016 02:15 PM

Apr 24, 2016

Can you elaborate on the three person rule? I had 2 sales reps and a manager came by briefly to tell me they were reviewing my case. Do you think this would qualify?

Thank you, Joanne

angelar285 wrote:
I would post in tugs forum section bargain section, not main website. However I would use any points available this year to recoup some expense. Age with other player never pay anyone any upfront money to assist in getting rid of any timeshare or the rental scam of 300-500 upfront fees. Huge scams. In Nevada if anymore than 2 sales reps came to your table during the tour/buying process it is a villain of state law and can easily be reversed, just fyi. So if you had rep and manager and exit or another manager or rep is an invalid contact. I know the guy who use to run this site and I know they violate this frequently. How this helps

Joanne K.
Apr 25, 2016

To contact Wyndham's Ovation program, call 1-800-251-8736, and for Title Services, choose option 2 , then option 3. Thanks, Jo Ann

Jo L.
Apr 26, 2016

email vcalviera@hotmail.com for further helpful information and insight regarding pathways program or ovation exit

Luna S.
Apr 26, 2016

Apologies had death in family. Just getting caught up. Where do you own and what level? Happy to offer ideas. angelatwhr@gmail.com

joannek165 wrote:
Would you please respond as to how to offset Wyndham fees? I checked Extra Holidays and there are too many ways out to help with any certainty.

angelar285 wrote:
No no Roberta don't use points like that! Never ever put in extra holidays. If yall knew the half of what they do to owners and inventory we would have a federal investigation. If you need help on how to offset all your fees email and I'll walk you through the key to do this. Hate seeing owners frustrated bit it is designed to do this. Sure they will not be offering original properties as thru created Wyndham access to get the owners to cover these costs. Won't post publically as Wyndham monitors these sites.

robertaj24 wrote:
I called Wyndham and learned that my resort, National Harbor, is one that is participating. I was told that someone would call me within two weeks. That time has passed and I haven't received a call from anyone identifying him- or herself as a Wyndham Ovation program representative.

I own 721,000 points and have used my 2015 points to book 3 nights at my home resort for a business trip, book two three-night stays in Myrtle beach locations with the Wyndham rental program (my share of the rental income has historically paid for just under 1/3 of my maintenance fees), and deposited the remainder into Wyndham Rewards to use for airline miles.

Since my timeshare portfolio includes other resorts, I would consider divesting the Wyndham points, beginning with 2016. One option to do so would be to sell portions on TUG or other websites to people who might need some.

Angela R.
Apr 26, 2016

angelar285 wrote:
Apologies had death in family. Just getting caught up. Where do you own and what level? Happy to offer ideas. angelatwhr@gmail.com

joannek165 wrote:

angelar285 wrote:

robertaj24 wrote:

Roberta shoot me a message and I'll be happy to help you. Extra holidays is a scam in my opinion. They charge 40 percent but 1099 you for 100 percent of the rental income. I've even heard from some owners they say super prime doesnt rent then cancel, which they shouldn't do!

Angela R.
Apr 26, 2016

All resorts are required to 1099 the amount of the full rental when they rent it out for you. It is up to you to subtract the commission charged as well as your mf for the points used in the reservation in the appropriate line on the rental income portion of your tax form.

Tracey S.
Apr 27, 2016

Update on Ovation. Wyndham took my 731,000 points in Oct. '15 at which time I had no further maintenance fee obligation. I can use those points annually for three years, and have booked some for myself and friends. The downside: I cannot move these to Wyndham Rewards, I don't have access to the Wyndham timeshare website, and reservations must be made on the telephone.

Roberta J.
Apr 27, 2016

Teresa, The Ovations phone number: 855-312-9040. You can call it M-F, 9-5 (Eastern time). Our experience--The person who answers will give a run-down of how the program works & the limitations. When you agree to it, they start the process--from their end, looking up your account details, etc., sending the legal forms, etc. They will assign a staff member to handle the paperwork & communicate (mostly via email). Our experience--step 1 (entering the program until receiving the documents) took about 2 weeks. Step 2--(signing/notarizing/returning the documents until the deed is officially transferred) took about 3 weeks--even though our contact person said it could take 4-5 weeks because they were really busy. It went surprisingly (to me) smoothly. Fred

Fred A.
May 04, 2016

1-855-312-9040 POC: Minerva - Wyndham will send you a form to release you from your contract via mail or emial... You have two weeks to sign and send back. Takes about 10 weeks apparently to complete process. My fingers are crossed. Be sure to ask for a Case ID # when complete to track your request.

Ts H.
May 07, 2016

Just like to understand one thing. How come a hotel like Wyndham let a holiday club like RHC uses their hotel for their businesses until its one of the Wyndham's own businesses? I was scammed big at the Wyndham Crystal Palace, in the Bahamas 2009. I only see Wyndham as a crime partner on a business like RHC, and my case. Im EU citizen!

Sari P.

Last edited by sarip2 on May 07, 2016 10:24 AM

May 07, 2016

sarip2 wrote:
Just like to understand one thing. How come a hotel like Wyndham let a holiday club like RHC uses their hotel for their businesses until its one of the Wyndham's own businesses? I was scammed big at the Wyndham Crystal Palace, in the Bahamas 2009. I only see Wyndham as a crime partner on a business like RHC, and my case. Im EU citizen!

That question/comment, whatever it means, has nothing whatsoever to do with the subject at hand, namely, getting rid of Wyndham timeshares via the Wyndham "Ovation" program.

Stu M.
May 07, 2016

Looks like you hit the jackpot. I contacted Wyndham about this Ovation program, and they graciously allowed me to end my contract that was 100% paid. My wife has cancer and we are buried in medical bills, so yes this did help. We received no use points as you did. Of all the posts on this topic, I see little comment about how worthless these "timeshare" properties really are. You take the tour, are sold this wondrous bill of goods for a lifetime of vacations, and then when you attempt to sell these valuable deeded properties, you see the same points level you paid 10k, 15k, or more on Ebay for $500.00. I do not see how these companies exist. For the same $80-$85 per month maintenance fees, you are paying $1,000.00 per year just to be able to visit the meager offerings your points will allow you to visit. While grateful I no longer have to pay these maintenance fees now that my contract has been re-claimed at zero compensation, I will never again contemplate any timeshare, points, etc arrangement. I believe I can access many more possible properties, with the maintenance fees I save. Lesson learned.

Tim R.
May 10, 2016

BEWARE of scammers impersonating satisfied customers. Only deal with Wyndham. Make sure you don't get steered to a phony website that looks like the real thing. Use the actual Wyndham website. NEVER click onto a link supplied by anyone. You can be hacked and scammed. I am very suspicious when someone wants people to contact them outside the forum. Scammers work by isolating their victims then conning them out of their hard earned money. Stay within the forum thread and don't get lured into the scam. If anyone has any questions contact the official Wyndham website for answers.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on May 10, 2016 07:19 AM

May 10, 2016

keiths288 wrote:
I have found out how to use the OVATION PROGRAM. I have the point of contact at resort to help you guys.

Uh, like, we who have read these postings from the beginning already KNOW how to use the Ovation Program -- and it does NOT start at a resort but, rather, at your telephone by making a direct call to Wyndham at 1-855-312-9040. Right now, I'm at the initial stage -- after two phone conversations I'm now waiting for documents to come in the mail to sign and have notarized. So far it has been honest and straightforward. REDWEEK has done a real service by making all the real life comments and experiences of other Ovation participants available to the rest of us.

Stu M.
May 10, 2016

We only ever 1099 for net paid as fee is income, as well as many others. I had an attorney contact me this week who is handling a class action to help him out the pieces together. It really is amazing once you look at it all. Have any owners had wyndham cancel reservations out of account recently? I've spoken to a few dealing with this and attorney has owner who had over 500,000 pts canceled no refund if points, guest certificates etc. Wouldn't even say why when he contacted owner services.

***Whomever sent request via Fb I accidentally deleted. Please resend.

Angela R.
May 10, 2016

I have 3 owners with terminal cancer who wyndham is refusing assistance. One called 10 times to get hardship package mailed. The corporate attorneys have stopped responding to alot of complaints from owners if they don't have an attorney. One had purchased pathways program twice (which was a program they sold a few years back which was spar to guarantee 20 percent of purchase price on sell back to wyndham) they said that Program is no longer active! Their contracts in fine print say they can stop the program at any time just like vip benefits and they did! Think of how much money they made off this fictitious program since of course you had to purchase into it! SCAM JUST LIKE EVERY PROGRAM THEY ROLL OUT ALL MARKETING/SALES/SELF PRESERVATION PLOY. Don't recommend ovation.

timr344 wrote:
So, if I contact Wyndham, explain a dire medical situation with proof available if requested, ask for assistance in selling my membership, but don't ask them specifically about the Ovation program, they won't bother mentioning it?

What a company!

Angela R.
May 10, 2016

They aren't honoring these. Have owner with great timeshare attorney who purchased into this twice. Well since the rep lied that they didn't have it (when you know they document this) they were finally allowed to cancel that purchase but that's it since program isn't active and contracts signed said they could stop at any time! Just heads up. If you need help since we just finished similar let me know. Good luck!

Angela R.
May 10, 2016

They aren't honoring these. Have owner with great timeshare attorney who purchased into this twice. Well since the rep lied that they didn't have it (when you know they document this) they were finally allowed to cancel that purchase but that's it since program isn't active and contracts signed said they could stop at any time! Just heads up. If you need help since we just finished similar let me know. Good luck!

rons473 wrote:
In 2011 we bought an additional 105K points and signed a contract that Wyndham would pay us 20% of what we had paid over the past 30 years for our deeds.

Do I need to get a lawyer on this or are they going to honor that contract?

Angela R.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.