General Discussion

Renting through Concierge Realty

Feb 03, 2020

Thanks, RC! Appreciate the confidence you have placed in Concierge Realty. It was our pleasure to assist.

Lynne
Apr 03, 2021

I would not rent through them for Aruba. The Pandemic has shown who is trustworthy. Unlike AirB&B, no refunds for a global pandemic when ARUBA WAS CLOSED! Extremely difficult to rebook and downgraded without refund. Take your chances at a hotel- you can get screwed here with a timeshare. If they shut down, money is poof! Used lifetime savings to bring family . . Will be lucky to be in same building.These days you can’t take the risk of a shutdown. Unless rich, bypass the “ agencies” , the third party costs and book from owner direct

Peaceful wind

Last edited by joanm125 on Apr 16, 2021 07:32 AM

Apr 08, 2021

I would not do it while the pandemic waxes and wanes. Everyone has their story but bottom line, every one doesn’t have the gift of time to make up. We had booked a family vac thru them 2 2 bed condos oceanfront. It was a special time to be together. ARUBA WAS CLOSED WE COUKD NOT GO Unlike every place else, Concierge was extremely limited in rebooking. Told “ Marriot” would only let us book 120 days out. Then we call and nothing avail so clearly they took new bookings first and those from last year got the leftovers. $11, 000 so no choice had to take this week even though reached med appoints etc hard for a large family. This was lifetime once in a life trip. Then we were told 2 differant buildings. Finally, given a garden room but no refund for the cost of $1000 more. I realize they didn’t have to take care of those guests first, but just be aware. I would go to a hotel as they honored the cost- and gave refunds so sorely needed with everyone out of work. I am disappointed , we go soon so will update. I don’t understand the association with Marriot, they say not connected but I do have a call into my Senator about any funding. I do think the Airline bailout helps places like concierge- and I think if they are based in Fla and got any bail out money, this is a poor way to do their part

Peaceful wind

Last edited by joanm125 on Apr 08, 2021 01:48 PM

Apr 11, 2021

We learned this years Timeshare groups have a dark side- would not take this risk with an agency. If you do, find out if they have contact coverage when things go awry. Don’t travel on a Sunday, because they have no one available to speak to Marriot . The more individuals you have to deal with, leaves that many more opportunities for these to go sidewards

Peaceful wind

Last edited by joanm125 on Apr 16, 2021 07:28 AM

Apr 11, 2021

J We at, Concierge Realty, have mentioned many times how very sorry we are you are unhappy with your view in Aruba. We really wish you would enjoy your vacation in Aruba. However as most people know and understand there are 2 sides to every story. You purchased a non refundable week from a timeshare owner and declined travel insurance. When the pandemic happened luckily your particular owner committed to work with you the best they could. As most people on RW know when you work with an owner there is only so much an owner is able to do for a renter in these circumstances. Most timeshare companies only gave an Interval international week to their owner instead of a week that can be extremely hard to use and likely never get into M Aruba Surf Club. So your owner lost last years usage. You however rented from an owner that was willing to work with you. You did purchase an Oceanside unit not oceanfront. You did request new dates in Aruba and this owner was only able to get garden view unit for the date there was no Oceanside available. There is nothing we can do to change that. We did however give a date where we could get an Oceanside unit but she declined that date which was her choice to choose the date with the garden view.. Concierge Realty has no control where Marriott puts you in the resort unfortunately. If we could we would definitely help. We have hundreds of emails demonstrating our working hard on your behalf. This is very disheartening that as hard as we worked to get the desired dates it still did not meet your expectations which we are sad about. The owner has tried everything as well. The owner lost his maint fees for 2 years basically. I can give you many many situations where renters received absolutely nothing from other companies they worked with. I do want to comment on your comment about the bailout as that seems a bit line crossing to me but I will let you know we received nothing from the gov because we are all independent contractors so we work differently. We do not have employees so we did not qualify. We did lose over a million dollars though last year but received nothing. We are a company of working mothers who do our very best for every client and because of the pandemic our hands are tied in some cases. We handled over 500 transactions last year where we had to be the intermediary between the owner and the renter. I hope you can imagine how difficult and truly stressful that was for us mean while not earning any money. I am sorry you are unhappy being in Aruba. I just was there last month and had the best time myself. I am not sure what you want out of this? A change of room is not an option. In a year where so many including us have lost so very much what is it that you want?

Michelle D.
Apr 11, 2021

Michelle D.

Last edited by michelled61 on Apr 12, 2021 07:27 AM

Apr 12, 2021

I wanted to further explain the process of a rental for anyone else that may read this. There is a renter and an owner and CR acts as the in-between person to help the transaction go smoothly just like in residential real estate most home owners look to a company to help them rent their home. We are paid a small comm for doing so. Our contracts as all contracts in our industry are nonrefundable. Even if you purchase today from RW verified they have a Covid clause and they would not give you money back or even reschedule your vacation. Covid is a known risk at this point. CR does offer travel insurance to insure your vacation but it is up to the renter to take advantage of it. CR has helped hundreds of thousands of families go on vacation over the last decade with a nearly spotless record. We strive to exceed expectations to both our owners and our renters.

Michelle D.
Apr 12, 2021

As with other reports on BBB, the response from concierge would make sense- if correct.. Once home, I will share our emails, and our VERIFICATION If they reviewed the involved emails .Concierge Realty Responses are circular feels like listening to Jodi Arias Honesty and apologies go a very long way. If ONLY I HAD CHECKED BBB comments prior. There is a distinct theme of bait and switch or non responsiveness . I look forward to sharing my photos of Ocean view/ garden view per concierge. Convenient part- the taxi drivers can almost reach out and touch you as they line up Take your chances- .it may just be the risk you take using middlemen. When I think about it, there is no benefit to using an agency, and with a third party, of course there is extra costs. So go direct from the owners. On a side note- none of this should reflect on the SC, which has the kindest, most incredible staff. They understand with disabilities , it is not about the “ view” but access. Which is why we pay premium rates just to be closer. When physical impairments limit ability to go to beach, you can certainly “ feel part of it” when you can at least observe your grandchildren in the water from afar. But I have seen the Surf Club clerks having to do an incredible amount of “ clean up” with those who used an agency to check in . Use owners directly . VRBO industry as a whole has come under greater scrutiny due to how they responded to pandemic forced cancellations. The worldwide brotherhood was inspiring Air B&B were noted for their response to pandemic bookings while VRBO got slammed. Character isn’t made in crisis, it is exhibited

Peaceful wind

Last edited by joanm125 on Apr 16, 2021 07:18 AM

Apr 12, 2021

FYI- my Husband is a Boston Realtor and I am extremely sensitive to the hard work all realtors did during this year. I may remind you, that it was not exactly a great fun year for nurses either- before vaccine, before protection. I buried one of my staff. So “ your working mom” point could not be more understood than by nurses who have literally put own lives on the line . Most of them are working moms .

Peaceful wind

Last edited by joanm125 on Apr 16, 2021 07:04 AM

Apr 12, 2021

They “have no employees” but the SC clerk had to try reach “Marriot Corp” to straighten it out. Many correspondence from”Marriot Bonvoy”- it will be interesting to untangle the relationship from these “working moms group” and what spider web connects them to Marriot Corp. -it certainly is very confusing as became apparent with the pandemic . But then Marriot and the agencies blame each other and “ can’t do anything” to resolve issues . Do you want to deal with struggling to figure that out in check in? Bottom line, with shut downs at the whim of local legislatures why would you take a chance on an agency and incur extra cost? Middle men or women add to cost - book directly with the owner - real people have hearts and ethics that agencies never will. . For all my nursing colleagues, nurses are smart . You get it

Peaceful wind

Last edited by joanm125 on Apr 16, 2021 07:21 AM

Apr 12, 2021

2021 Read the sketchy complaints to BBB. They reply with lots of verbiage,

Peaceful wind

Last edited by joanm125 on Apr 16, 2021 07:09 AM

Apr 12, 2021

Aruba

Peaceful wind

Last edited by joanm125 on Apr 16, 2021 07:06 AM

Apr 19, 2021

I have used Concierge Realty for three years to help rent my weeks and am very happy with their work. I have even referred people to them for help when my 2021 weeks were all rented. They are good people !!

John O.
Jul 07, 2021

Hi who did they use as Escrow and Closing Agent and were you pleased with their services for selling/buying your timeshare? thx

jamest278 wrote:
I've been working with Concierge Realty for over 3 years and they helped me rent my timeshare weeks on 3 occasions. We also purchased Timeshares from them on two different occasions. Very professional - all transactions are well documented and went well for both parties.

Regards

Mark S.
Jul 07, 2021

Sorry but our purchases were quite some time ago so I don't recall who they use.

James T.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.