Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Has anyone used American Consumer Credit to get out of Timeshare?

Sep 16, 2018

We were new to the US in 2015 when we stupidly took a timeshare agreement with Silverleaf Resort. After 2 years of high payments and non use of the resorts, we contacted them to try and sell it back to them. No luck they told me get a real estate agent to get it sold. So we started looking at ways to get out via the internet, found American Consumers Credit. What a sham! These no goods took our money and promised to solve the issue in 4 to 6 months. Well it's been almost 2 years, no one answers the phone, sent emails are responded to with the same generic response no matter what you sent to them. We've just come to terms with the fact that we have been caught by their scam. Please everyone don't use them.......

Kizzy A.
Sep 28, 2018

My husband and I brought a timeshare with the Colonies of Williamsburg Resort, and from the time we signed the contract it was nothing but broken promises.We signed the contract due to the fact the high pressure saleman told us that we could get a Resort in the Tampa bay area come to find out- it was nothing but LIES.We then called the American consumer credit for assistance I spoke to this man by the name of Jay and he promise us that we could be release from this NIGHTMARE and they promised us also that if they couldn't get it done then it would be 100% money back guarantee.My husband and I paid them $2300 dollars to no AVAIL.We are still getting phone calls from the Resort.STAY AWAY FROM THESE CROOKS(AMERICAN CONSUMER CREDIT)THEY ARE NO WHERE TO BE FOUND.

Linda B.
Sep 28, 2018

lindab1566 wrote:
...he promise us that we could be release from this NIGHTMARE and they promised us also that if they couldn't get it done then it would be 100% money back guarantee.My husband and I paid them $2300 dollars to no AVAIL.We are still getting phone calls from the Resort.STAY AWAY FROM THESE CROOKS(AMERICAN CONSUMER CREDIT)THEY ARE NO WHERE TO BE FOUND.

NONE of the thieving so-called "exit / relief / escape / rescue" parasites possess any magic beans or any secret processes by which to provide a magical escape from a legally binding contractual obligation. NONE.

It saddens me deeply that people pay thousands of dollars of their hard earned money for a "solution" that (literally) does not exist.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Sep 28, 2018 11:50 AM

Sep 29, 2018

lindab1566 wrote:
We are still getting phone calls from the Resort.STAY AWAY FROM THESE CROOKS(AMERICAN CONSUMER CREDIT)THEY ARE NO WHERE TO BE FOUND.

Chances are this company is pulling the inadvertent foreclosure. The company is likely just fooling you into not paying and then forcing a foreclosure, hence, getting you out of your timeshare.

Lance C.
Nov 11, 2018

Did you every call Bluegreen and did they work with you? We went with American Consumer Credit LLC (ACC) 3 years ago and they told us to stop paying the fees, so we did. 3 years later we owe Bluegreen (BG) THOUSANDS in maintenance fees, American Consumer Credit did nothing but take our money and we still have a timeshare and we are in collections. Our next step is talking with the credit card company and seeing if they will give some of the money back under the fraud safeguard plan since ACC filed bankruptcy and to call BG to see if they will let us out of the contract. What a mess this has been. We also have the actual timeshare paid off, it was just the fees we were paying.

briana420 wrote:
Is it easier to have the company take it back if it's fully paid off? We owe nothing but get 8,000 points every two years. We pay $650 in fees every year. We are losing money to get 1 one every two years for $1300 and be limited to which resort/week, etc. This is a Bluegreen timeshare.

I will actually pay closing cost, new fews, or whatever, up to $3000, if I can just be done with it. I do NOT trust these cancellation companies either. Maybe it's time to suck it up and apply some customer service skills and business acumen to Bluegreen. I just don't know what I have to hold as leverage against them? I really don't want the credit hit.

Carrie S.
Jan 10, 2019

I really got screwed using ACC!!! it is going on 4 years since I used this scam company. I paid $3000.00 to try and get out of my time share located in Florida(Westgate Resorts in Orlando )and all I received was a lot of E mail and delay tactics extending the warranty time .The last E mail I received from ACC told me they were going into bankruptcy 6 months ago,and will continue my case when they re-organize under another fictitious name!!Has anyone have a similar situation???

Sam. M.
Feb 11, 2019

I have used them. But throughout the year or so I've tried to call me to check on the account....and got the run around. I was getting any phone calls from timeshares either tho'. However while trying to contact ACC, the voice msg says the box is full and to call again later. Not sure what that means. My have to contact better business Bureau!

Donna D.
Feb 11, 2019

The BBB is the most useless agency in the country . If you want results file a complaint with the Attorney General in the state that you live in and the state that they are doing business in .

Don P.
Feb 11, 2019

donnad571 wrote:
I have used them. But throughout the year or so I've tried to call me to check on the account....and got the run around. I was getting any phone calls from timeshares either tho'. However while trying to contact ACC, the voice msg says the box is full and to call again later. Not sure what that means. My have to contact better business Bureau!

More correctly stated, you have paid them, not "used" them. In fact, it's exactly the opposite situation --- they have used you.

You are certainly free to contact whomever you choose, but make no mistake about it --- your money is GONE and it's not coming back.

Also, Better Business Bureau is a completely powerless organization (it's really nothing more than just a "club" with paid membership). BBB has absolutely no legal authority of any kind. How or why some people believe otherwise is a complete mystery to me, as BBB has never had any governmental affiliation or any legal authority. Maybe it's the word "Bureau" in their name that somehow misleads people, I don't know. You may feel better after venting to the BBB, but there would otherwise be no point or any actual results from your doing so.

Plainly stated, the are no magic acts or secret processes to "get out" of a legally binding contractual obligation into which someone has voluntarily entered of their own free will and choice. To believe otherwise is simply incorrect. You might want to believe that writing a check or providing a credit card payment to some obscure "upfront fee" operation will somehow magically achieve an easy "exit", but you would be entirely mistaken in that belief. Paying any upfront fee parasite operation will result in a reduction of your bank account balance and an increase in their bank account. Nothing more.

"A fool and his money are soon parted", as the old saying goes.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Feb 13, 2019 05:06 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.