Comments

ask-redweek-timeshare-owners-vs-developers

Feb 20, 2021

Anyone looking for file a lawsuit with HGVC? Please leave me your contact let's make a group!!!

Rose
Apr 13, 2021

Sciota Village at Big Valley I too am a victim to there fraudulent activity. I'm looking to get a class action suit together with a group or help with getting out of something we have never used. These people need to be stopped!

Stephanie P.

Last edited by phyl21 on Apr 13, 2021 08:17 PM

May 11, 2021

Timeshare sales pitches are some of the longest a consumer might encounter. In my opinion they borderline on abuse. I know the consumer is not being physically detained, however, it is harmful. 1) Many timeshare sales presentations last a full day which can be not only physically draining but also mentally draining and studies show that this can cause poor choices to be made. 2) Many times, these extremely long sales pitches are not even providing necessary disclosure that help consumers make informed decision. If salespeople cannot be honest, do not waste a full day spewing untruths. If there is a Non-Reliance Clause in the Timeshare contract this allows a sale agent to lie without consequence and perpetuates asymmetric information or "information failure,” and creates an imbalance of power and bounded rationality. Bounded rationality are limitations that include the difficulty of the problem requiring a decision, the cognitive capability of the mind, and the time available to make the decision. Decision-makers, which is the consumer, end up settling for a satisfactory solution, rather than an optimal solution. Therefore, consumers do not initiate a full cost-benefit analysis to determine the optimal decision, but rather, choose an option that fulfils their adequacy criteria. How is a consumer able to make an informed decision if they are not given full disclosure?

Lori K.
Jun 28, 2021

Sciota Village at Big Valley I too am a victim to there fraudulent activity. Stephanie P, have you or are you in contact with any attorney? I have been given a notice by them. I am in search of a good defense lawyer. Please pass on any contacts you may have. I really appreciate your help!

Omkar V.

Last edited by phyl21 on Jun 28, 2021 04:48 PM

Aug 05, 2021

Is anyone interested in a class action lawsuit against Capital Vacations out of Florida? We were told bold face lies at our interview with them in Branson, namely amoung others, for every 100,000 points we give to Capital (from Bluegreen ownership on a 12-1 turnaround) we could get $1700+ to help pay for all the maintenance fees for both Bluegreen and Capital. We found out that we could not give our points to Capital, and if we did, they have no such program regarding $1700+ for every 100,000 points! We had no other reason to buy points from Capital as we have plenty of points from Bluegreen each year. So, now we are stuck with Capital points and maintenance fees. We contacted an attorney who deals with such, and he sent letters......nothing.....we can't afford a lawsuit, of course, but Class Action?? Class Action anyone????

Allan J.
Oct 06, 2021

Did you ever get anywhere with Holiday Inn Club Vacation? I feel I was pressured and scammed too?

michaelc2032 wrote:
I would like to find a lawyer to help me take on Holiday Inn Resorts formerly Silverleaf Resorts they lied to us it's hard to get into our Resort and we feel that we was pressured and then they tell us we have to abide what they say I would sure like to talk to an attorney

Liberty D.
Oct 06, 2021

Did you ever find out more information? The link you shared is no longer good and I need help!

jayr221 wrote:
I was lied to by Orange Lake Resorts. Looking at the following class action against them: https://bit.ly/2Mhh1VO. Does anybody know about this? They are suing to change jurisdiction and have the case heard outside of Florida, because in Orlando the courts are in bed with the developers.

Liberty D.
Oct 06, 2021

Did you ever find a way to get out of your timeshare?

aishae5 wrote:
Does someone knows anything about this company? They say they work with you to get rid of your timeshare thru a class action suit, but I cannot find much about them only their website. Have someone used them. please contact me if you know something. Here is the information. The American Association of Vacation Ownership Team Address: 11035 Lavender Hill Dr. Ste. 160, 484 Las Vegas, Nevada 89135

Liberty D.
Nov 16, 2021

We have to make alllll TimeShares Illegal them with their outrageous interest and rush practices and owning “nothing” how is that legal!!!!! And yea I’m trying to deal with timeshare but is there really a lawyer to sue ? @rose yes

Sassy T.

Last edited by sassyt on Nov 16, 2021 04:49 PM

Feb 02, 2022

I am looking for a business lawyer near Canton, Ohio to help my Husband and I get out of Resorts of America contract.

Cordelia S.

Last edited by phyl21 on Feb 02, 2022 01:42 PM

May 25, 2022

Looking for class action lawsuit against Wyndham timeshare

Clint C.
Sep 16, 2022

At what point will timeshare schemes be illegal. Nothing but lies, they don’t let you leave unless you agree to purchase. It is worth nothing after you drop thousands into it not to mention hundreds yearly. They will take your property back but give you nothing for it. It’s so sickening that these companies can do this after say no 50 times. They keep you there for hours at orange lake resort you go in one building and then they take a golf cart 20 minutes away from where you park to pressure you into buying something you keep telling them you don’t want

Liz M.

Last edited by phyl21 on Sep 16, 2022 09:56 PM

Dec 31, 2022

The timeshare industry needs class action and regulation. It is full of fraud, scams, and corporate shell games where the rules and fee’s are always changing, usually for the worse. My timeshare company is dishonest and deceptive with almost all foreign accent customer service people who play dumb or are deceptive.

Michael E.
Apr 20, 2023

I won my case on March 31,2023 against Big Valley They just called me threatening an appeal. I told them to appeal that,that is their right.. My story with them is as follows .I purchase five weeks total of a term agreement with these very bad actors frim Sciota Village at Big Valley. The ghosted me whenever I tried to make a reservation. I never got to spend not one night yet they charged 10k when 6k was the agreement. They then sued me for maintenance fees when they never honored their contract . They lied repeatedly . They have zero integrity and have very bad business practices. Anyone out there still wanting to launch a class action lawsuit I'm in . I will fight them all the way to the Supreme Court if it is required Now they have really ticked me iff.

Dawn C.
Dec 30, 2023

We made a subreddit for Timeshare owners to find and join a class action. Join r/timesharelawsuit today !

Juan C.
Dec 31, 2023

I’m a fighter. I went after Bluegreen with the help of a social justice organization called @royalbladeworks on Telegram. They handled my case beautifully. Not only getting me out but with my money in hand. I have recommended these guys to a few who have also recorded successful exit and payment from their timeshares.

David G.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.